PDA

View Full Version : Hannity mistakes wakeboard for waterboarding

Artful Dentures
30th April 09, 03:51 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/28/hannity-waterboard-offer-_n_192578.html

Ok maybe not, basically the story is this Hannity who says waterboarding isn't torture and necessary made an off the cuff comment that he would undergo it for charity. Olbermann lept on this and agreed to pay $1000 per second

Hannity has remained silent ever since.

Some interesting points

"The idea of putting somebody in a position they have volunteered for, for charity, to respond to their own unsupportable claims, is in many ways priceless," Olbermann said.

Fox new should just change their name to spineless douchebags.

Not that I would do waterboarding for charity but still.

HA HA Hannity you putz!

Zendetta
30th April 09, 04:37 PM
The SERE instructor that Olberman was interviewing about waterboarding Sean offered to make Hannity "confess" to loving Olberman's show.

That would be some serious pwnage if it happened.

Shawarma
30th April 09, 04:40 PM
Can't they both be waterboarded? They're two sides of the same coin, and that would raise a massive amoint of moolah for charity.

Meok
30th April 09, 04:48 PM
I'd assume that given Hannity can call quits during the water-boarding whenever he wants doesn't that take a big part of the psychological effect. He isn't going to be so fearful of drowning if he can stop whenever he wants. An advantage that a real victim wouldn't have.

WarPhalange
30th April 09, 05:02 PM
I'd assume that given Hannity can call quits during the water-boarding whenever he wants doesn't that take a big part of the psychological effect. He isn't going to be so fearful of drowning if he can stop whenever he wants. An advantage that a real victim wouldn't have.

And that's the point these stupid assbutts are forgetting. Even the soldiers that undergo waterboarding as part of their training know that these are people on their team doing it and always have this hope that they won't be killed. It sucks shit straight out of a dog's ass, but it's not the same as losing all hope and all control of the situation.

Phrost
30th April 09, 05:44 PM
4LPubUCJv58

Spade: The Real Snake
30th April 09, 06:28 PM
Hannity better go through with it. Nothing worse then playing punk to Keith Fucking Olberman. The guy is afraid to even drive a car fer crissakes.

HappyOldGuy
30th April 09, 06:32 PM
video

That should have been awesome. Something I would watch again and again. But Hitchens ruined it by not being a douche.

Wounded Ronin
30th April 09, 06:38 PM
4LPubUCJv58

Sweet! Now I know how to waterboard someone!

Dark Helmet
30th April 09, 06:50 PM
Remind , Ronin ,to never accept a dinner invitation at your house.

SFGOON
30th April 09, 10:44 PM
I can waterboard someone with a foot of piano wire, and a hanky.

I provide my personal stream of water-like substance....

I could make Saint Peter denounce Jesus and pledge himself to Satan.

mrm1775
1st May 09, 01:34 AM
Can't they both be waterboarded? They're two sides of the same coin, and that would raise a massive amoint of moolah for charity.
I would like to see that.

But not because I care about charity.

Steve
1st May 09, 02:33 AM
4LPubUCJv58

Ya know, you could have linked to my thread about this video (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50294)...

I forgive you.

jkdbuck76
1st May 09, 06:45 AM
Question: has anyone died from waterboarding?

socratic
1st May 09, 07:48 AM

My impression was that it's very easy to avoid killing someone through waterboarding due to the 'slowness' of it. It took under a second to get him breathing clean air again in the video; if you passed out you'd let go of the 'dead man's handle' anyway and they'd simply resuscitate you.

No doubt, however, there has been deaths. Injuries too.

HappyOldGuy
1st May 09, 10:29 AM
I'm pretty sure the dead mans handle isn't part of the normal process.

But even without it, I don't think there are likely to be deaths other than maybe a heart attack. That's why it is such a popular technique.

WarPhalange
1st May 09, 01:05 PM
Hannity better go through with it. Nothing worse then playing punk to Keith Fucking Olberman. The guy is afraid to even drive a car fer crissakes.

Hahaha what?? He's afraid of driving a car? wut?

Spade: The Real Snake
1st May 09, 02:02 PM
Hahaha what?? He's afraid of driving a car? wut?
It is pretty much why he left ESPN, he doesn't drive and there wasn't any mass transit in Bristol, Connecticut.

Odacon
1st May 09, 02:58 PM
I though waterboarding was where you're upside down and they run water over your face, I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

Phrost
1st May 09, 03:04 PM
I'd be waterboarded for $1k a second, lickety-fucking split.

WarPhalange
1st May 09, 03:10 PM
It wouldn't be hard to last say 5 seconds, and $5k is a lot, so duh, I think anybody would. But the thing is you and I aren't going around saying that waterboarding is cake, so it would not at all be embarrassing to submit after 5 seconds. But if Hannity wants to both keep his tough guy image and show that waterboarding is cake, 5 seconds won't be enough.

Phrost
1st May 09, 03:22 PM
I agree. He should muster up some testicular fortitude and do it, on the condition Olberman does it with him.

It'll give us the opportunity to bribe the interrogators to ignore their dead drop signals until they black out and then arrange their stripped, unconscious bodies in various homoerotic poses so they'll both be shamed into permanently shutting the fuck up and leaving the political dialogue to reasonable people.

Meok
1st May 09, 06:14 PM

Quite a few people have died accidentally from water-boarding during the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia and the Algerian war. Remember too in an actual water-boarding there isn't going to be a fail safe such as holding metal cylinders.

bob
1st May 09, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the dead mans handle isn't part of the normal process.

"We are about to torture you. The only way you can make this stop is to tell us when the next attack will be.

Or call out the safe word. Please repeat the safe word."

But even without it, I don't think there are likely to be deaths other than maybe a heart attack. That's why it is such a popular technique.

That, plus it leaves no physical marks so it becomes a case of accused terrorists word against the US govt to prove it ever happened.

jubei33
2nd May 09, 02:12 AM
I think I would pay to see that. Undoubtedly.

socratic
2nd May 09, 09:22 AM
I though waterboarding was where you're upside down and they run water over your face, I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

You just have to be on an angle so the water runs down your mouth/nostrils. You'll notice in the video his head was on a slight decline. What effect the severity of the angle has I don't know, but I'd imagine it'd make the experience a whole lot worse.

Quikfeet509
2nd May 09, 10:55 AM
There's a rumor that physicians were around to help code the prisoners if something went wrong with the waterboarding.

That would pretty much suck - dedicating your life to help reviving soldiers only to be forced into reviving prisoners so they could be tortured more. But on the plus side, I bet you would get some great intubation practice.

rw4th
2nd May 09, 11:10 AM
It wouldn't be hard to last say 5 seconds, and $5k is a lot

How long can you hold your breath for? I can hold mine for a good 1:30-2:00 and that's a lot of cash (ok, maybe less with my heart pumping fast from the stress, but still 60 seconds would be A LOT or money).

Oh, and Hannity is a little bitch.

WarPhalange
2nd May 09, 11:23 AM
Yeah, 5 seconds is about my limit.

Cullion
2nd May 09, 12:43 PM
You can't hold your breath for more than 5 seconds ?

WarPhalange
2nd May 09, 01:31 PM
You can't hold your breath for more than 5 seconds ?

Yeah. I have to strategically plan out my sentences so that they are under 5 seconds long, either by making them real short or talking real fast, or just stopping in the middle of a sentence to catch my breath for a few seconds.

You remember that black crippled kid in Malcolm in the Middle? Sort of like that, except that I'm pasty white, not crippled, and have a better wheel chair.

Cullion
2nd May 09, 02:59 PM
Now you're being all saucy for no good reason. Why is 5 seconds your limit really?

socratic
2nd May 09, 08:15 PM
Doesn't matter how long you can hold your breath because water is pouring down your nose. The dude said holding your breath actually makes it worse.

WarPhalange
2nd May 09, 10:32 PM
Why is 5 seconds your limit really?

Because that was a joke meant to make fun of my total lack of physical fitness. My real limit is probably closer to 30 seconds. Never been able to hold it for a minute or anything like that, not even when I was working out regularly.

DAYoung
3rd May 09, 12:21 AM
I just watched that video.

Horrifying.

It's the silence and brevity: you recognise that torture can happen silently, and that twenty seconds are enough to induce terror.

SFGOON
3rd May 09, 06:50 AM
Waterboarding is nothing more than an unwelcome neti-potting. In fact, if they were to call it "forced neti-potting" no one would be scared of it, yet it would be the same thing.

The real work-up to a good waterboard is letting the suspect stew in his own terror for an hour tied and blindfolded while people scream at each other in an intensely lit room.

I think those reporters are really being fags about it.

Shawarma
3rd May 09, 09:32 AM
On the subject of torture, here's a video of a Saudi prince tormenting a grain merchant who shortchanged him or something. He's beaten, has sand stuffed in his mouth, asshupped with a plank, has salt rubbed into his wounds and is then run over several times by the prince's car.
29f3KZwde-M
That's how they roll in da hood, yo.

Zendetta
3rd May 09, 12:12 PM
Waterboarding is nothing more than an unwelcome neti-potting.

Lol. Your Guru must be a right Bastard, huh?

jkdbuck76
4th May 09, 11:16 AM
C'mon Shawarma,

Surely you have wanted to do that to somebody who drives too slow in the left lane or double parks.

That prince has a screw loose.

AAAhmed46
17th May 09, 09:34 PM
Sweet! Now I know how to waterboard someone!

What pisses me off is that he held an STRONG opinion of something without having much knowledge in that area. Then he took it back(which is admirable, but still) he STILL does it. He should write more about both sides.

Doritosaurus Chex
22nd May 09, 05:12 PM
One radio host took the challenge:

http://current.com/items/90093982_mancow-waterboarded-admits-its-torture.htm

Mancow wanted to prove that waterboarding is not torture. You can guess what happens 6 seconds into the session.