PDA

View Full Version : Tax Day Tea Party in Kansas City - Eyeballs on the Scene

Pages : 1 [2]

nihilist
10th May 09, 01:10 AM
That would seem to be an argument against marriage, Gay or otherwise.

There are no guarantees of happiness, only the right to chase it like a crack high.

KhorneliusPraxx
11th May 09, 08:41 AM
What does "gay marriage" have to do with the TEA parties? Should I go back and read the last couple of pages?

Phrost
11th May 09, 10:32 AM
because if you don't enfranchise everyone within the system those with the franchise in the system will abuse those without the franchise.

"but, RJ. what if we make it so anyone could theoretically get the vote but you need to go though the suck to get it"

then those who went through the suck would abuse those who did not.

there the end, Heinlein was wrong, drop it already.

That's what a Bill of Rights is for. Unqualified Democracy will always be sliding down the slope towards class warfare, pseudopopulist exploitation, and an economic clusterfuck. God help us if it's ever implemented planet-wide.

Robot Jesus
11th May 09, 06:16 PM
That's what a Bill of Rights is for. Unqualified Democracy will always be sliding down the slope towards class warfare, pseudopopulist exploitation, and an economic clusterfuck. God help us if it's ever implemented planet-wide.

and how is the system your proposing any better?

EuropIan
13th May 09, 09:43 AM
so you want to get rid of a class society in favour of a caste-based one?

nihilist
13th May 09, 06:59 PM
Republican politics is the closest thing to a caste system that you can get.

Spade: The Real Snake
13th May 09, 07:08 PM
Republican politics is the closest thing to a caste system that you can get.
Did I tell you to stop fanning me?

nihilist
13th May 09, 07:27 PM
Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl but she changes from day to day.

Spade: The Real Snake
13th May 09, 10:26 PM
Kiss my ring like a good servent.

{{{zip}}}

nihilist
13th May 09, 11:01 PM
VAGINA DENTATA!
VAGINA DENTATA!

socratic
14th May 09, 09:32 AM
Well, Australia is far more progressive, they have had a Bill recognizing same-sex unions since November. They can take an 8-month superiority stance right now.
No we don't. We had one in the capital alone and it got steamrolled by the federal government. People who are gay-married and who immigrate here get their marriages obliterated. New Zealand recognises homosexual civil union, but Aus doesn't. I blame the Catholics, Anglicans and rightists.

PS: If you really want a caste system so badly Phrost I invite you to reincarnate in India. It's great, you can be an untouchable and then you can tell us all about the benevolence of the local brahmin political parties, and how you and your ilk haven't earned the right to vote (or at leat vote freely) by reincarnating into the priest classes.

Robot Jesus
14th May 09, 05:20 PM
No we don't. We had one in the capital alone and it got steamrolled by the federal government. People who are gay-married and who immigrate here get their marriages obliterated. New Zealand recognises homosexual civil union, but Aus doesn't. I blame the Catholics, Anglicans and rightists.

PS: If you really want a caste system so badly Phrost I invite you to reincarnate in India. It's great, you can be an untouchable and then you can tell us all about the benevolence of the local brahmin political parties, and how you and your ilk haven't earned the right to vote (or at leat vote freely) by reincarnating into the priest classes.

your not exactly being fair, what your describing is what phosts society would inevitably become, not how it would be designed.

socratic
15th May 09, 01:42 AM
your not exactly being fair, what your describing is what phosts society would inevitably become, not how it would be designed.

Does it really matter how it was designed if its ultimate outcome is what I described?