PDA

View Full Version : Bikers Take Another Blow -Assassin Turned Informant

OZZ
15th April 09, 11:46 AM
The Biker's In Canada just can't seem to keep their own members from ratting them out - eventually.
This morning there were raids all over Quebec as well as in New Brunswick and even some in France and the Dominican Republic related to a complex drug smuggling operation run by the Hell's Angels. Last week 10 arrest were made, today over 150 and now, a former hitman for the Rock Machine who killed dozens during the now infamous Biker Wars in Quebec in the 90's has turned informant and you can bet today's raids are just the tip of the iceberg.
Major blow to the Bikers - who just can't seem to do anything right when it comes to crime. They spend more time in custody than on the streets.
Here's the story :

Quebec hit man pleads guilty to 27 counts of murder
Updated Tue. Mar. 31 2009 7:32 PM ET

Brian Daly, montreal.ctv.ca

MONTREAL -- A biker hit man turned police informant who killed various organized-crime figures pleaded guilty in Quebec City Tuesday to 27 murders that happened between 1978 and 2003.

Gerald Gallant, 58, carried out executions for the Rock Machine, who were bitter rivals of the Hells Angels during the deadly biker war in the 1990's. Most of the killings involved outlaw bikers, street-gang members and mobsters.

But some of Gallant's victims had nothing to do with crime, including Helene Brunet, a waitress who was wounded by Gallant in 2000. She was being used as a human shield by Robert Savard, a close associate of Hells Angels kingpin Maurice (Mom) Boucher.

And in 1999, Gallant fatally shot Luc Bergeron, a private detective who happened to be living in an apartment formerly occupied by his intended target, a Hells Angels associate.

Gallant apologized on Tuesday as he read out a prepared statement in front of survivors and relatives of victims.

"I regret the hurt I have caused the victims and their families," Gallant said. "I understand that forgiving will be difficult, maybe even impossible. I accept that.

"I agreed to co-operate with police in order to repair the damage I caused and to seek forgiveness."

Crown prosecutor Martine Berube said she believes the case "will possibly go down in history."

"We have rarely seen in the annals of history this many murders and attempted murders committed by one person and which resulted in guilty pleas," Berube said outside the courtroom.

Gallant also pleaded guilty Tuesday to 12 charges of attempted murder.

Gallant was already serving a life sentence for a murder in Ste-Adele, in the Laurentians, in 2001.

He has since become an informant and his evidence led to the arrests last week of 10 people linked to the murders to which he has confessed.

Other suspects rounded up

The 10 suspects were arrested in raids throughout Quebec last Thursday morning.

One person arrested was charged with 16 murders.

The majority of the crimes occurred between 1994 and 2002 during the biker wars.

The raids were carried out in Quebec City, Donnacona, Warwick, Saint-Jerome, Trois Rivieres.

The arrests were made as part of Operation Baladeur (Walkman).

Some high-profile names among the arrested include: Raymond Desfosses, a high-ranking member of Montreal's West End Gang and Frederic Faucher, former leader of the Rock Machine.

With files from The Canadian Press

EuropIan
15th April 09, 11:50 AM
Your thoughts?

Edit: I can't read..

Anyways, the Hell's Angels are one of the biggest organized crime entities here in Denmark and they suck because they have no style.

In the 90'ies we had an all out war between them and a rival biker gang which lead to interesting things such as rpg assaults on rival headquarters.

Spade: The Real Snake
15th April 09, 12:01 PM
Snitch Bitches Get Stitches.

OZZ
15th April 09, 12:12 PM
Well, having spent a bit of time amongst these sorts of crminals ( I was a prospect/hanger on for the Para Dice Riders motorcycle club back in the day and spent too much time in the company of other gangs as well) I have to say that they are not very good at sniffing out the informants. It seems like the police are able to infiltrate these gangs almost at will. And it doesn't matter what club it is, Hell's Angel's, Outlaws,Bandidos, or the old clubs of yesteryear like Satan's Choice or the Para Dice Riders - they all seem to be equally inept at keeping the cops from gaining ground on them.
There is a huge trial going on in London right now concerning the Bandidos and an 'internal cleansing' that resulted in the murders of six men in a small village outside town called Shedden ( well, that's where the bodies were found). The Bandidos member who was the supposed ringleader of these murders, is a man who was like an uncle to me. He looked after me when I was teenager beause I had no family..and this guy, god love him, has NEVER been able to keep the cops off his ass. However, in that partuicular case there are eight accused in all and it seems that they are all hanging solid so far - because none of them has agreed to testify against the others to cop a plea. But this sort of loyalty is getting extremely rare. People aren't willing to take a rap the way they used to and are selling out their bros in exchange for lighter sentences. It never used to be that way.
Actually, I shouldn't say too much about that, but my point is this - the biggest problem seems to be two things:
1. Infiltrating these gangs is too easy for the cops. Advances in technology and surveillance are making it really hard for the bikers to operate under the radar anymore.
2. Too many rats. A lot of guys ( and girls, for that matter) don't respect the code anymore. They always have an excuse " they guys didn't help out my family when I was locked up" OR "I got ripped off by so and so and couldn't afford to pay my lawyer" Blah, blah, blah.
Simply put. This is a new age where criminals who are public figures don't stand a chance anymore. Once you are marked by the law ( and its hard not to get marked when you wear a jacket that screams "I am a criminal!!") you are going to go down one way or the other.
I remember being so enamoured with the whole thing when I was young, but once I spent some time around them and saw what it was really like - I knew it wasn't the lifestyle for me. I'm too smart for that shit.

EuropIan
15th April 09, 12:27 PM
It's funny you mention Bandidos because a result of the biker war (they were the ones fighting HA" here in Denmark was the complete disassembly of their DK chapter.

What HA did was slightly smarter, they made their org legit and had a massive pr campaign while their operations reorganized into "HA support"-groups, this meant that they could publicly decry their own actions.

naturally some figureheads had to stay in the org but had to deny any connection between their org and the crimes they commited.

Recently, because of the escalating conflict between them and middle eastern crime gangs they've had to setup yet another support group called "AK81", of course, Hell's Angels can not be responsible for their actions.

OZZ
15th April 09, 12:33 PM
I know that Biker culture seems to flourish over in Europe as well as here - the Outlaws In Germany have some wicked web postings.
The murders of the Bandidos here basically put and end to their presence in Canada. The one's who were murdered were calling themselves the 'never surrender' crew because they refused to call it quits even after the HA's had pretty much taken over the entire country.
Apparently, some of the guys in Texas got fed up with their stupidity...

OZZ
15th April 09, 12:38 PM
It's funny you mention Bandidos because a result of the biker war (they were the ones fighting HA" here in Denmark was the complete disassembly of their DK chapter.

What HA did was slightly smarter, they made their org legit and had a massive pr campaign while their operations reorganized into "HA support"-groups, this meant that they could publicly decry their own actions.

naturally some figureheads had to stay in the org but had to deny any connection between their org and the crimes they commited.

Recently, because of the escalating conflict between them and middle eastern crime gangs they've had to set up yet another support group called "AK81", of course, Hell's Angels can not be responsible for their actions.

Yeah, they need those pet gangs. When the HA's first came to London, they had a group of wannabes running around for them called "The Jackals". While the Outlaws had the "Black Pistons".
One night a few of the "Jackals" paid a visit to the Outlaw's London Chapter Prez to 'persuade' him to either switch patches or call it a day.
Holmes shot them in the legs (three of them) and told them to get the fuck off his property!!

EuropIan
15th April 09, 12:58 PM
The organized crime group that scares me the most are the Chinese mafia.

Mostly because I know they exist here but they never make the news.

ICY
15th April 09, 02:03 PM
OZZ, you know the real reason most snitching happens? Money.

The RCMP will pay 10% of the value of any narcotics bust and/or 10% of the value of a hit or other criminal undertaking to the snitch. In untaxable cash. They also sponsor guys, and as long as they're made aware of the ongoing operation the guy is running and he continues to rat people out, HE gets to keep dealing/whatever in exchange for a constant flow of info.

EuropIan
15th April 09, 04:31 PM
Apparently the bikers can't hire enough decent hitmen then.

Zendetta
15th April 09, 06:19 PM
Jeez. If you can't trust a meth'd out, serial killing outlaw biker hitman... then who can you trust?

WarPhalange
15th April 09, 07:43 PM
So Bikers are the North Korea of the crime world?

OZZ
15th April 09, 08:53 PM
OZZ, you know the real reason most snitching happens? Money.

The RCMP will pay 10% of the value of any narcotics bust and/or 10% of the value of a hit or other criminal undertaking to the snitch. In untaxable cash. They also sponsor guys, and as long as they're made aware of the ongoing operation the guy is running and he continues to rat people out, HE gets to keep dealing/whatever in exchange for a constant flow of info.

I've read about such transactions..but had no idea that they were that lucrative.
A few years back the RCMP really had to try and explain their way out of a mess with an arrangement they had made with a guy who was feeding them info out on the East Coast..he was getting paid by the RCMP, dealing cocaine and murdering people for money all at the same time and the KNEW about it! But they let him go about his business so they could get info from him.
How much more evidence do you need to see that the system is fucked up?
Crazy world.

Shawarma
16th April 09, 04:10 AM
Wouldn't these wealthy snitches just get their punishment in the form of a knife in a dark alley or a car bomb instead?

Ajamil
16th April 09, 09:51 AM
I had a wonderful friend in Vegas who started running with a washed-out HA member. He was shot in the face over some poker game the day before Thanksgiving, and about a week before my birthday.

It's very nice to hear about them fucking themselves in the ass, and I see no "problems" at all with their inability to elude police.

OZZ
16th April 09, 10:31 AM
Here's a clip from the Bandidos trial that's going on here in London :
And the news story from the huge bust in Quebec:
Bandidos Trial

Thu, April 16, 2009

By KATE DUBINSKI, LONDON FREE PRESS

A shortened day at the Bandidos trial today was scheduled to begin at 9 a.m.

The day was shortened because Justice Thomas Heeney and several lawyers involved in the biker trial will be going to the funeral of a judicial colleague this afternoon.

Yesterday, the jury heard evidence from several police officers who were following one of the victims, Jamie Flanz, as part of a separate investigation called Project Douse, on April 7, 2006, the day before Flanz’s body – and that of seven other men – were found stuffed into vehicles on Stafford Line in rural Elgin County.

The Durham Regional Police officers followed Flanz from his Keswick home to a farmhouse on Aberdeen Line, the jury heard.

The farm was owned by Wayne Kellestine, one of six men on trial.

Wayne Kellestine, 59, of Dutton-Dunwich; Frank Mather, 35, of Dutton-Dunwich; Brett Gardiner, 24, of no fixed address; and Michael Sandham, 39, Marcelo Aravena, 32, and Dwight Mushey, 41, all of Winnipeg have pleaded not guilty to eight counts of first-degree murder.

The shooting victims were George Jessome, 52, of Toronto; George Kriarakis, 28, of Toronto; John Muscedere, 48, of Chatham; Luis Manny Raposo, 41, of Toronto; Frank Salerno, 43, of Etobicoke; Paul Sinopoli, 30, of Sutton; Jamie Flanz, 37, of Keswick; and Michael Trotta, 31, of Mississauga.

The trial continues today

I'm hoping to get down to watch some of it at some point, if I can find the time.

The Quebec bust:

Hells Angels dealt significant blow in Quebec; 150-plus arrests, bunkers seized

By Tobi Cohen, The Canadian Press

MONTREAL - The Hells Angels were dealt a significant blow Wednesday after police in Quebec, New Brunswick, the Dominican Republic and France arrested more than 150 full-patch members and associates in a massive sweep.

Operation Sharqc targeted the biker gang's leadership and experts say it will most certainly affect street-level drug trafficking in Quebec, where the investigation was centred.

"The people in Quebec have really a great reason to laud their police because Quebec is the only jurisdiction in the world right now where law enforcement has persisted 24 hours a day over more than a decade now to try and shut down the Hells Angels and their drug network," said Toronto author Yves Lavigne, who's penned several books on the notorious biker gang.

"This will severely hurt their income and severely hurt their ability to supply the street gangs that sell their drugs for them."

While many have compared Wednesday's bust to a similar one in spring 2001 in which 122 Hells Angels members and sympathizers were arrested, Lavigne said this one is particularly significant as it yielded a number of gang leaders.

It also targeted individuals in the Dominican Republic - an important point along the pipeline that carries drugs from Colombia to Canada, he said.

Michel Auger, a former newspaper crime reporter who survived a biker hit several years ago, agreed.

"The 2001 (operation) was a small, small celebration if you compare it to today," he said, noting that operation targeted the Nomad chapter and those responsible for the violence linked to the biker wars of the 1990s.

"As for today, the whole of the Hells Angels organization was targeted by the police forces."

More than 1,200 police officers from about 20 municipal, provincial and federal police organizations participated in the bust.

Daniel Guerin, a spokesman for the Montreal-area Laval police department, said 111 full-patch members were nabbed, while four others were prospective members. Another 29 were associates of the criminal organization and 11 were retired bikers.

"The total number of full-patch members, if not the entire membership of the Hells Angels, was arrested," Guerin said.

The alleged crimes, which include murder, attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder, drug trafficking and gangsterism, occurred between 1992 and 2009.

Guerin said the investigation, which took three years and involved some 200 police officers and several prosecutors, has also helped solve 22 murders, many of which date back to the biker wars of the 1990s between the Angels and the Rock Machine.

Guerin said police in Quebec also seized Hells bunkers in Montreal, Longueuil, Trois-Rivieres, Sherbrooke and Quebec City as well as the site of the Sorel-Tracy bunker that was recently set ablaze.

"We hope that (the arrests) are very important and that they will stop the violence and the drug dealing in Montreal and all over the Quebec area," he said.

RCMP Sgt. Claude Tremblay said a full-patch member of the notorious biker gang and several of his associates - all in their 40s and 50s - were arrested in New Brunswick.

Police also seized a quantity of guns and drugs from the suspects who were allegedly involved in the transport of drugs between Quebec, the United States and the Maritimes.

"New Brunswick is the corridor to the Maritimes and everything comes through our highways and we have a lot of small airports through the region," Tremblay said.

"There's a lot of trafficking going on. It's mostly related to underground crime and a lot of it is run by the Hells Angels."

The arrests come two weeks after biker-turned-informant Gerald Gallant - who was already serving a life sentence for a 2001 slaying - pleaded guilty to 27 additional charges of first-degree murder.

Acting on information provided by Gallant, provincial police arrested 10 people last month in connection with dozens of murders linked to outlaw biker gangs and other criminal elements over a 25-year period.

Guerin said police employed numerous investigative techniques leading up to Wednesday's sweep but noted it did not involve a "super star" coming out of the woodwork and admitting to crimes.

Still, both Lavigne and Auger say the only way to accomplish a sweep like this is through the use of informants who are themselves important gang members.

With major players jailed, Lavigne expects the drug supply will dry up.

He believes police in Quebec will now use the opportunity to target the street gangs responsible for dealing.

Still, he said, it does not spell the end of the Hells.

"Except for some significant arrests in Ontario, the Hells Angels are virtually untouchable in the rest of Canada," Lavigne said.

"The police are either not interested, there's a lot of incompetence and there's a lot of corruption within law enforcement."

Even in Quebec, it's not game over for the Hells, Auger added.

"It's not dismantled," he said. "They are arrested, they are charged, they are not convicted. It's a little early to get to a conclusion but they will be disorganized for a while."

This was massive bust. It's gotta hurt..

GuiltySpark
16th April 09, 01:46 PM
It's too bad he fucked up and killed innocent bystanders.

Otherwise nice tally.