PDA

View Full Version : About fscking time (Phil Spector found guilty)

HappyOldGuy
14th April 09, 06:31 PM
This one bothered me even more than the infamous OJ trial. The first time this douchebag somehow convinced two jurors that the woman shot herself with his gun that he brought out loaded just to play with her. In spite of the 5 women who testified he had abused them and forced them to put the same gun in their mouths. Apparently LA ran out of moronic jurors just in time for this trial.

Phil Spector Guilty of Murder!

Los Angeles (E! Online) – The boy genius has given way to the convicted murderer.

Phil Spector, the legendary record producer, eccentric and recluse with a reputation for building walls around people as much as his signature music, was found guilty of second-degree murder by Los Angeles jurors today in the 2003 shooting death of cult-movie star Lana Clarkson.

Emotions occasionally spiked at the courthouse: Spector's wife Rachelle sobbed; the jury forewoman broke down at a post-verdict press conference; prosecutors spoke of justice served. Spector, however, was described in reports as seeming unmoved.

The 69-year-old Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member, who was taken immediately into custody, faces up to life in prison when sentenced May 29.

This was Spector's second judgment day on the Clarkson case. In 2007, a jury deadlocked 10-2 in favor of convicting Spector.

At the second trial as at the first, prosecutors said Clarkson fell victim to a man who had a history of waving guns at, and acting violently toward, women, especially when he'd been drinking. Spector's defense argued she shot herself.

There was one new twist at the new trial, but it ended up being a nonfactor, unfortunately for Spector.

At this trial, jurors had the option of convicting Spector of a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter. They not only didn't take the option, they also convicted the former hitmaker of using a gun while committing a crime.

The jury forewoman, whose name was not disclosed, told reporters deliberations were "painful." "We all have hearts," she said. "We all have people we love."

For L.A. prosecutors, the guilty verdicts were a welcome change. They previously failed to win convictions against celebrity murder defendants O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake.

Spector's fame dates back to 1958, when, at age 19, he wrote and sang his way to No. 1 on the chart with "To Know Him Is to Love Him."

As a young producer, Spector dominated the pre-Beatles 1960s with hit ("He's a Rebel") after hit ("Da Doo Ron Ron") after hit ("Be My Baby"). The songs were predominantly recorded by girl groups and were exclusively backed by the aural sensation known as the "Wall of Sound." Spector's magic touch continued through the 1960s, with "Unchained Melody," the Beatles Let It Be, John Lennon's "Imagine" and George Harrison "My Sweet Lord," among other standouts.

But over the past 30-40 years, Spector's fame gave way to a kind of infamy—the mad genius who, per lore, pulled gun on Lennon and the Ramones, or who, per Ronnie Spector, of the Spector creation the Ronettes, treated her more as a captive than wife during their troubled marriage.

Spector's alleged gun-waving ways caught up to him at trial, if not on night of Clarkson's death at his Alhambra, Calif., castle-style home. At Spector's first trial, five women testified about being at the other end of a gun drawn by Spector. Their testimony was allowed to be introduced in the new trial.

Spector and Clarkson, the queen of Roger Corman's Barbarian Queen movies, met Feb. 3, 2003, at L.A's House of Blues, where the 40-year-old Clarkson worked as a hostess and where Spector visited shortly after midnight.

About five hours later, after the pair was driven to Spector's home, Spector walked out of his mansion, and, per testimony at the first trial, told his driver: "I think I killed somebody."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090414/en_music_eo/118428

Cullion
14th April 09, 06:40 PM
I could tell he did it from the hair.

Zendetta
14th April 09, 07:51 PM
Dammit I wanted to be the one to make the hair joke.

Maybe he can share a cell with Berreta.

jnp
15th April 09, 01:00 AM
Yep. I read about the previous trial. I'm glad he's going away this time.

I guess his fascination concerning "his" power over females finally got him what he deserved. Sick fuck.

Spade: The Real Snake
16th April 09, 10:07 AM
It is about time.

He is crazy, arrogant, privileged and looked like a reject from the Hair Bear Bunch.

WarPhalange
16th April 09, 11:09 AM
I know, him and I have so much in common.

mrblackmagic
16th April 09, 11:14 AM
I learned after Jackson's second trial all celebrities are guilty except for Fatty Arbuckle.

kracker
16th April 09, 11:40 AM
Apparently LA ran out of moronic jurors just in time for this trial.

Awesome, it's good to see that the system occasionally works. Still waiting for justice to be served in the Oakland subway execution though. It's been 4 months that that guy is out free as a bird on bail. How fucking long does it take to get a trial? He hasn't even been brought to court to get acquitted by moronic jurors. It seems as though the system has simply forgotten.

HappyOldGuy
16th April 09, 11:54 AM
Err, this trial took 6 years after the guy admitted putting a gun in the womans mouth and his defense was that she pulled the trigger. And you're complaining about 4 months?

Trials that actually go to trial take a long time. More so for serious crimes. Much more so for high profile ones.