PDA

View Full Version : wolverine orgins

Robot Jesus
2nd April 09, 10:29 PM
they stitched deadpool's mouth shut, also hyperkinetic.

that is all

WarPhalange
2nd April 09, 10:40 PM
Still looks better than X-men. Also, why different Sabertooth?

Neildo
2nd April 09, 10:49 PM
downloaded the workprint eh. how finished is it? i'm low on hdd space or else i'd have it already.

elipson
2nd April 09, 11:11 PM
Gambit?
Please tell me Gambit.

PizDoff
2nd April 09, 11:50 PM
Didn't know Deadpool was in this, I might go see it now.

Ajamil
3rd April 09, 12:22 AM
they stitched deadpool's mouth shut, also hyperkinetic.

that is all
Meh, I guess Ryan Reynolds was a good choice for the part, but I'm still hoping they scrub that and come up with a decent Deadpool for some other flick.

Gambit was done well, though they tweaked his powers a bit for flashiness.

I liked the new Sabertooth (though I really like that actor), and Wolverine's origin's have been rehashed so many times, the way they fit him in there worked just fine.

I thought having some of the X-Men at the compound was risky since they'd already shown little to no knowledge of it when they returned in X2.

Speaking of in-the-universe continuity, they could have at least had Wolvy scratch the holding tank once. After such a riveting flashback sequence in the X-Men trilogy, it should have been required.

Didn't know Deadpool was in this, I might go see it now.I wouldn't, he doesn't even put the mask on, sheesh!

EuropIan
3rd April 09, 02:41 AM
If Deadpool doesn't brake the fourth wall, he isn't Deadpool.

Elektra-----------------Hulk (Norton)-----------------Iron Man

^place on scale plz

Edit: Neildo fixes posts

elipson
3rd April 09, 03:08 AM
It haz Gambit?!?!

I am SO seeing this.

I can't believe they waited until the fourth damned movie to bring him.

Robot Jesus
3rd April 09, 04:17 AM
there is too much movement in the movie.

when logan takes a swipe at a moveing truck it flips in the air, gambit dosent throw cards he levetates them, when someone is kicked they go flying and when sabertooth is bounding on all fours the wirework is obvious.

Steve
3rd April 09, 04:23 AM
It was okay. Xmen was better.

Robot Jesus
3rd April 09, 04:49 AM
deadpool is an attempt to graft multiple mutant powers into one computercontrolled mutant exterminator.

but instead of claws, he has swords sprowting from his hands.

Neildo
3rd April 09, 06:09 AM
If Deadpool doesn't brake the fourth wall, he isn't Deadpool.

Elektra-----------------Hulk (Norton)-----------------Iron Man

^place on scale plz

fixed

(marvel, dude. geeez)

EuropIan
3rd April 09, 06:25 AM
I was talking superhero movies in general.

But ya. U r totally right.

*fixes*

Neildo
3rd April 09, 09:53 AM
k thats it i'm downloading this bitch. i'll give my nerdanalysis later.

RickTheCritic
3rd April 09, 08:53 PM
My personal opinion of the movie

The Good:

The dialogue was better then I expected

The opening sequence was really good

By the second half of the movie your really invested in the movie, the scene with the blob was really good.

I really liked the direction

The Bad:

The movie's story is bare bones there is no meat because of this I really hated the first half.

People like me who never read the comics get no explanation of the other mutants powers

we don't know why Zero can jump 20ft in the air or how the blob can stick his hand into a tanks cannon and not lose an arm

People do completely random things just to move the plot along

sub par acting by minor characters (but that is a given)

there is no suspense because not only is the main character practically immortal but its also a prequel so we know he makes it out OK.

Deadpool's wrist swords is the most impractical weapon I have ever seen

I hated Gambit

To sum it up: In a post Dark Knight world movies like this can still exist. It was fun and at times very funny but nothing DK caliber (but really what is)

RickTheCritic
3rd April 09, 09:03 PM
there is too much movement in the movie.

when logan takes a swipe at a moveing truck it flips in the air, gambit dosent throw cards he levetates them, when someone is kicked they go flying and when sabertooth is bounding on all fours the wirework is obvious.

Dude, its work print. The editing, CGI and general visual effects are not even finished yet

Robot Jesus
3rd April 09, 09:32 PM
Dude, its work print. The editing, CGI and general visual effects are not even finished yet
The reason the wirework is obvious is not because you can see the wiers or anything like that. he moves at a stedy rate with no bob, so it looks less like an quadraped running more like a guy on a zipline predending to run on all fours. I don't know if they can fix in in post production, but as it stands it looks like sabertooth has the ability to hover.

RickTheCritic
3rd April 09, 09:39 PM
The reason the wirework is obvious is not because you can see the wiers or anything like that. he moves at a stedy rate with no bob, so it looks less like an quadraped running more like a guy on a zipline predending to run on all fours. I don't know if they can fix in in post production, but as it stands it looks like sabertooth has the ability to hover.

Oh I get it

AAAhmed46
3rd April 09, 11:32 PM
ILL SCRATCH YOU WITH YOUR CLAWS!!!

Ajamil
4th April 09, 11:18 AM
People like me who never read the comics get no explanation of the other mutants powers
I can agree with this. Even as a semi-comic nerd (my brother was the huge fan, and he hated me sneaking peeks at his comics) I had no idea who Agent Zero or beginning movie Blob was. Still don't know who Zero was - was he part of Alpha Flight or something? I actually wish they did more with the Blob - show him taking some bullets and popping them back out, all he did was laugh at getting punched. The Spectre's in this too, but he's just as obscure a reference. The only way you recognize Deadpool is by the semi-costume, all they ever call him is Wade (again why I'm hoping in this universe that wasn't Deadpool).

Deadpool's wrist swords is the most impractical weapon I have ever seen Nunchucks?

I hated Gambit Not much I can say there - my view's probably fogged up with some fanboyism.

...Should there be a spoiler warning on this thread yet?

RickTheCritic
4th April 09, 12:54 PM
Dead pool has 2 foot long samurai swords that come out of this hand, anything besides impaling people just seems awkward.

I did hate gambit but that is my personal opinion. He wasn't in the movie for a long but for some reason he just pissed my off.

Ajamil
4th April 09, 01:19 PM
I did hate gambit but that is my personal opinion. He wasn't in the movie for a long but for some reason he just pissed my off.

Well, that's just Gambit. (again, fanboy)

Odacon
4th April 09, 05:44 PM
My only real gripe with the film is deadpool, teleporting, eye beams and sword hands? Plus he had very few lines, and no post credit scene :( otherwise it's a pretty decent comic book film, and a good prequel to X-men.

P.S. the Sabertooth in X-men has to be a separate mutant from Creed, that's why he was never referred to as Sabertooth.

Steve
4th April 09, 05:48 PM
Awesome avatar, Odacon. Glad to see someone else is also keeping up with Ippo.