PDA

View Full Version : Official Tech Thread.

Sirc
31st March 09, 02:48 AM
This thread will be solely for technical talk. F1, WRC, KERS, Trans Am, Carburetors, Fuel Injection, suspension, etc.

This thread will be all about technical information, discussion and general information masturbation.

WarPhalange
1st April 09, 12:58 AM
If this thread doesn't get any more posts in it within... however long I feel like, I will close it and move it to CTC to display the Fail for all to see.

Steve
1st April 09, 01:41 AM
No you won't. Sirc knows more about cars than you or I ever will, don't be a douche mod.

And like this forum doesn't need some activity (and if the "fucking in a car" thread isn't moved to CTC, then this thread definitely won't be moved)... *shakes head*

nihilist
1st April 09, 09:06 AM
I have a question:

Will better suspension enhance backseat sex performance?

Kiko
1st April 09, 09:30 AM
Stop treating CTC like a garbage can! Unless the trash is entertaining. This isn't yet....

jubei33
1st April 09, 09:58 AM
Can I use this thread to discuss performance characteristics of UV/Vis detectors concerning band dispersion and linear dynamic range?

Or, the pros and cons of using HPLC column packing with high purity silica or hybrid particles as it affects peak tailing?

Kein Haar
1st April 09, 10:05 AM
lol garbage can

Sirc
1st April 09, 12:47 PM
I have a question:

Will better suspension enhance backseat sex performance?

Probably not.

The best judge of how stiff the suspension is without a spring compressor or corner weights, is sitting in the backseat.

Stiffer Suspension will make the chassis less compliant and I don't know if you've had sex on a very non-compliant surface, but it's no fun.

nihilist
1st April 09, 12:49 PM
Probably not.

The best judge of how stiff the suspension is without a spring compressor or corner weights, is sitting in the backseat.

Stiffer Suspension will make the chassis less compliant and I don't know if you've had sex on a very non-compliant surface, but it's no fun.

I'll thank you not to refer to my wife as a "surface".

WarPhalange
1st April 09, 12:55 PM
No you won't. Sirc knows more about cars than you or I ever will, don't be a douche mod.

And like this forum doesn't need some activity (and if the "fucking in a car" thread isn't moved to CTC, then this thread definitely won't be moved)... *shakes head*

He started a thread saying "I will answer questions about cars."

Where did he start it? In the forum about cars. Where people can ask questions so others can answer them. That to me screams "douche bag".

Neildo
1st April 09, 01:32 PM
Probably not.

he didn't say stiffer, he said better. maybe he wants some new rancho off-roading shocks. plenty of travel on those.

FickleFingerOfFate
1st April 09, 01:51 PM
he didn't say stiffer, he said better. maybe he wants some new rancho off-roading shocks. plenty of travel on those.

More cushion for the pushin'?

More bounce by the ounce?

Sirc
1st April 09, 02:40 PM

True, but good suspension will allow for better dampening by having the dampeners push the hubs and spindle down, instead of pushing the chassis up.