Robot Jesus
6th March 09, 07:30 PM
One of the reasons guns are offensive to certain people

They attract retards

Hunter safety instructor removed after ordering 'liberals' from class

By RANDY KREHBIEL World Staff Writer
Published: 3/6/2009 1:31 PM
Last Modified: 3/6/2009 5:06 PM

Thirteen-year-old Lane Dunkley just wanted to go hunting with his grandfather.

What he got was a lecture on politics.

Dunkley and his father Daniel Reddy, who live in Tulsa, went to Broken Arrow Tuesday night for a hunter safety course normally required to get an Oklahoma hunting license.

The class was a reward of sorts. Dunkley, who wants to go hunting with his aging grandfather, was told he could only if he brought his grades up.

So he did - to a B-plus average.

But when father and son arrived at the lesson, the volunteer instructor, Kell Wolf, asked if any of the students voted for President Obama.

Reddy, a transplanted Californian - and ex-Marine - raised his hand.

According to Reddy and others in the room, Wolf called Obama “the next thing to the Anti-Christ” and ordered Reddy and Dunkley from the room. When Reddy refused, Wolf said he would not teach “liberals” and would cancel the course if Reddy didn’t leave.

So Reddy and Dunkley left, as did a few others.

Lance Meek, hunter education coordinator for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, said Wolf had been a volunteer instructor for “a long time, probably 15 years or more” and “from what we’ve heard and observed, had always done a great job. He worked with the kids really well.”

But when Meek received a call Wednesday morning - from someone other than the Reddys - he said he had no choice.

“I got the call at 8:30, and by 9 o’clock (Wolf) was no

longer a volunteer for us," Meek said.

Contacted Friday, Wolf had no comment on the matter. Meek said when he talked briefly to Wolf on Wednesday, Wolf did not deny ordering Reddy from the class or offer an explanation.

Stacy Reddy, Daniel Reddy’s wife and Lane Dunkley’s mother, said the family was surprised by how quickly the Wildlife Department acted.

“Lance Meek called and apologized up and down and wanted to know what they could do to make it right,” she said. “The only thing we really wanted was for my son to be able to take the hunter safety course, and there wasn’t another one in the Tulsa area with an opening for the rest of 2009.”

So Meek arranged for a private class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there were fewer men like that there would be less suport for gun control.

Aphid Jones
6th March 09, 08:35 PM
I have trouble believing that these guys really have that much influence on public gun control opinion.

Sun Wukong
6th March 09, 08:43 PM
I have trouble believing that these guys really have that much influence on public gun control opinion.

they can vote can't they? The general electorate are a bunch of fucking morons.

Do you guys remember a few months ago when i mentioned that several of the work hands at my job-site in Oklahoma espoused the belief that obama could be the anti-christ?

no fucking surprises for me here.

Sun Wukong
6th March 09, 08:46 PM
One of the reasons guns are offensive to certain people

They attract retards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there were fewer men like that there would be less suport for gun control.

Robot Jesus has the correct.

Phrost
6th March 09, 11:01 PM
This has nothing to do with fear of guns. This person was an idiot.

By the way, your fear is not more important than my rights.

Wounded Ronin
6th March 09, 11:41 PM
That news story as hilarious. Most people who would describe themselves as "liberals" probably wouldn't show up at a firearms safety instruction course in the first place. Uh, I'm not sure if I'm personally a liberal or not, but I could be one, and I think I might be the only one who operates firearms.

GuiltySpark
6th March 09, 11:43 PM
I went to get my handgun licence and needed a handgun saftey course.

I'm probably a conservitive -I hate politics and don't like debating it. These guys running the course kept pushing and pushing and pushing their anti-liberal shit it became sickening.
When I refused to jump on the anti liberal FUCK the anti-gun people I became the red headed step child of the class.

Time and place for everything I guess

WarPhalange
7th March 09, 02:18 AM

Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people. And this is the kind of guy I do not want carrying a gun. What do you propose? I just shoot him?

Agreed. That's why I should be allowed to park my black van in front of a local park and hand out candy to kids.

Ka-Bar
7th March 09, 02:24 AM
That news story as hilarious. Most people who would describe themselves as "liberals" probably wouldn't show up at a firearms safety instruction course in the first place. Uh, I'm not sure if I'm personally a liberal or not, but I could be one, and I think I might be the only one who operates firearms.

Negative Ghostrider, there are plenty of left-of-center libs (like me) out there who currently or have previously served in the military, work in law enforcement, hunt and fish, etc.

One's philosophy on how government should be run has nothing to do with whether or not they enjoy firearms.

The reason that this instructor thought Obama was the Anti-Christ and the reason why liberals fear guns are one and the same: ignorance.

jubei33
7th March 09, 02:38 AM
He's just like that lady who wouldn't give out halloween candy to the kids of Obama supporters.

Shawarma
7th March 09, 05:47 AM
Phrost is correct in this case, his usual FNARG CONSTITUTION FNARG notwithstanding. They might as well have attended a course in fingerpainting run by a Republican partisan fag. The gun angle isn't essential to the story.

EuropIan
7th March 09, 05:52 AM
stereotyping indicates that there aren't as many "nfarg Obama is the antichrist" instructing finger paint classes.

However that's not to say idiots aren't anywhere

HappyOldGuy
7th March 09, 12:23 PM
stereotyping indicates that there aren't as many "nfarg Obama is the antichrist" instructing finger paint classes.

However that's not to say idiots aren't anywhere

My guess would be that the dems have the fingerpainting teacher vote pretty locked up.

Phrost
7th March 09, 06:49 PM
Agreed. That's why I should be allowed to park my black van in front of a local park and hand out candy to kids.

As far as I know, that's perfectly fine.

But then, I actually keep an eye on my kid.

Cullion
7th March 09, 07:08 PM
So does poops, by the sound of it.

Robot Jesus
7th March 09, 08:14 PM

In my experience the reason most people fear guns is because they think all gun owners are rednecks or thugs,this man only reinforces the stereotype.

TM
8th March 09, 11:00 AM
Negative Ghostrider, there are plenty of left-of-center libs (like me) out there who currently or have previously served in the military, work in law enforcement, hunt and fish, etc.

One's philosophy on how government should be run has nothing to do with whether or not they enjoy firearms.

The reason that this instructor thought Obama was the Anti-Christ and the reason why liberals fear guns are one and the same: ignorance.

Totally seconded. I'm a liberal, a war veteran and a gun owner.

socratic
9th March 09, 09:26 PM
I'm a leftist in a pretty strongly anti-gun nation. Still, I'd love to go down to a shooting range and squeeze off a few rounds. Who wouldn't?

Zendetta
9th March 09, 10:56 PM
Who wouldn't?

Pussies, that's who.

Guns are fucking awesome. It is, however, very important to have an intelligent and healthy culture around guns.

For example, I think its very important to raise children with gun awareness - safety reflexes should be subjected to pavlovian conditioning from a young age.

3moose1
10th March 09, 10:43 PM
For example, I think its very important to raise children with gun awareness - safety reflexes should be subjected to pavlovian conditioning from a young age.

Word. My dad is a Former Marine and Police Officer, oh yes we have guns in the house.

Do i know about them? Yes. Do i know how to properly handle them without shooting myself/anyone? Yes.

That is how it should be.

The Twitcher
11th March 09, 11:44 PM
God fucking damn it! That's just sad, that's less than sad actually. I don't know what to think.