PDA

View Full Version : Voldemort strikes again

jubei33
4th March 09, 04:43 PM
In a shocking change of tactics, Voldemort has done away with the old method of the avada kedavra curse and sent a worthless piece of trash to take care of business instead. Voldemort was unavailable for comment.

Man guilty of killing 'Harry Potter' actor (http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/03/04/uk.potter.star.murdered/index.html)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A habitually violent young man was convicted Wednesday of the murder of teenage actor Rob Knox, who had starred in the latest "Harry Potter" film.

Karl Bishop, 22, attacked Knox and four friends with two kitchen knives outside a bar in Sidcup, south east London, last May. He stabbed them 10 times in less than two minutes, the Old Bailey court in central London heard.

Knox, 18, had rushed out of the bar after he heard that Bishop had threatened his younger brother Jamie but he ended up being stabbed five times, once in a main artery. He died in hospital later that night.

Bystanders said Bishop's face was "screwed up in rage" as he lashed out with the two knives, the Press Association reported.

Days before the attack, the actor had finished filming on "Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince," due for international release in July, in which he played the role of Marcus Belby. He was set to reprise the part in future "Harry Potter" films.

Knox's father Colin told mourners at his funeral, including co-star Rupert Grint, that his son had been "living the dream," PA said.

Prosecutor Brian Altman told the court that the young actor's promising life was ended by a "habitual knife carrier" who believed stabbing people was an "occupational hazard" and had previous convictions for knife crime.

Bishop is due to be sentenced on Thursday.

Knife crime in Britain is a political hot topic due to a spate of recent killings of mainly young people in major cities. UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown has urged tougher sentences for those caught carrying knives. He told the Daily Telegraph last month: "By carrying a knife you are not only endangering the lives of others, but you are more likely to be killed, or end up in jail.

"We need to change the way young people think about knives, we need families and communities working together ... to get this message across and help stamp out knife crime and get weapons off our streets."

CoffeeFan
4th March 09, 05:11 PM
I thought you were trolling for a second there till I read the article on CNN. Sucks, guy was only 18

Plasma
4th March 09, 05:41 PM
Now Britain will outlaw pocket knives and "lead pipe" crime will be on the increase.

Spade: The Real Snake
4th March 09, 05:51 PM
I blame the "Imerious curse"

Doritosaurus Chex
4th March 09, 05:59 PM
I blame Last Action Hero.

Knave
4th March 09, 06:02 PM
Greetings.

I blame alcohol.

They should've stayed home and smoked weed like in that music video from a few weeks ago.

Shawarma
4th March 09, 06:07 PM
I don't really care.

kracker
4th March 09, 06:49 PM
Now Britain will outlaw pocket knives and "lead pipe" crime will be on the increase.

Until lead pipes are banned and "candlestick" crime increases and the cycle keeps going until people start shanking each other with pencils.

Spade: The Real Snake
4th March 09, 06:50 PM
Until lead pipes are banned and "candlestick" crime increases and the cycle keeps going until people start shanking each other with pencils.

You blame the Bobbies.

Stick
4th March 09, 08:53 PM
"Habitual knife carrier".... wow, the UK sure knows how to make me feel evil.

Aaranar
4th March 09, 11:27 PM
I liked the bit about stabbing people being an occupational hazard.

Phrost
5th March 09, 10:47 PM
KNIFE CONTROL THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Halfrican
6th March 09, 02:50 AM
Who the hell wants to get stabbed to death? Thank god I live in America where the criminals just shoot me.

Steve
6th March 09, 03:10 AM
Who the hell wants to get stabbed to death? Thank god I live in America where the criminals just shoot me.

Yes, this is exactly what you think it is:

http://media.techeblog.com/images/knifegun.jpg

Yiktin Voxbane
6th March 09, 07:26 AM
^Natural evolution of the Zip-gun .

Shawarma
6th March 09, 12:29 PM
That knifegun is the worst piece of concealed weaponry evar.

"Sorry, you can't board our airplane/enter our nightclub/press conference while carrying that knife."
"You got the completely wrong idea, officer, see, it's really a gun!
"Ooookay, now you totally can't come in."
"Awww!"

3moose1
6th March 09, 11:31 PM
I blame the "Imerious curse"

Imperious, NOOB

3moose1
6th March 09, 11:33 PM
Yes, this is exactly what you think it is:

http://media.techeblog.com/images/knifegun.jpg

IDIOT, you can't bring a knife to a gun fi-

Did you just shoot me? Fuck. I think you missed, due to your bitch ass gun having close to zero accuracy. Oh wait, no, i think you got me in the chest. Damn. Barely even felt that mother fucker. Couldn't even get past my sternum! Look, i'm pulling the bullet out now. Goddamn that is a bitch ass caliber.

Srsly though, that is like a derringer .22, except....why not carry a fucking derringer...or just knife the dude if you get close enough to actually be effective with it.

AAAhmed46
7th March 09, 03:35 AM
KNIFE CONTROL THINK OF THE CHILDREN

The mayor of edmonton(my city) tried to do it. I kid you not.

Wanted to ban tactical knives after some stabbings, which is funny because the people who got stabbed were stabbed by scissors and a kitchen knife(or something domestic like that)

Will we bad scissors now?

socratic
7th March 09, 07:49 AM
So some dude on the street threatened to shank a guy's brother, then shanked the guy when he said "hang on a second"? What a fuckin' psycho, he should hang from his neck.

jubei33
7th March 09, 04:52 PM
One thing the article does state is the back story. Anyone know about it, was it a 'random encounter' or were they picking a fight with him or whats up?