PDA

View Full Version : Do you liek my Cattoo...? (Or my thread for MJS & Sirc)

JingMerchant!
2nd March 09, 08:30 PM
So I was perusing, one of the shittier 'papers' at the pub tonight and found, what appears to be the latest pet craze in Russia.

If this is the birth of another LOLcat....

You guys can keep all the credit!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/03/02/scandal-of-tattoos-on-cats-115875-21164161/

Still dazed after being anaesthetised for three hours, a pedigree pet is hauled upright to show off its new tattoo.
The controversial “body enhancement” was carried out on Mickey – a rare Canadian Hairless breed also known as a Sphynx cat.
His female owner was said to be delighted with the Tutankhamun design inked on to his chest at a tattoo parlour.

She said: “I wanted something new and different for the times we live in.”
But horrified animal rights campaigners last night slammed the sick fad in Moscow as barbaric – and fear it could catch on among wealthy pet owners in the West.
An RSPCA spokesman said: “We are totally against using animals for purely cosmetic reasons just on the owner’s whim. Clearly the animal has no say in the matter.
“We do not believe in using pets as fashion accessories. It shows no respect for the animal whatsoever. So far we have only heard about this practice happening overseas – and we hope it doesn’t spread.

Check out the link to see the cat....

Aphid Jones
2nd March 09, 09:19 PM
What really surprises me is that it hasn't been popular before.

JingMerchant!
2nd March 09, 09:43 PM
Maybe this the first time those with delicate sensebilities have caught wind of it...

Hell, I'm surprised this hasn't cropped up somewhere like L.A.

RickTheCritic
2nd March 09, 10:01 PM
Wheres PETA when you need them

WarPhalange
2nd March 09, 10:19 PM
It's times like these (among others) that I wish I were omnipotent. I'd knock that bitch out cold and tattoo a dick on her face.

Twice.

Sun Wukong
2nd March 09, 11:03 PM
seriously, i can't believe anyone cares. it's just a tattoo and I doubt it will kill the animal.

We brand steers don't we?

File this under, i totally don't care. It's not like she mutilated the thing. Besides, tattoos only hurt going on. They don't do much more than itch after the first hour.

DAYoung
2nd March 09, 11:05 PM
^ Will be a cat in his next reincarnation.

< Doesn't believe in reincarnation.

Kein Haar
2nd March 09, 11:09 PM
http://www.nwk9.com/tattoos.htm

Harpy
2nd March 09, 11:12 PM
Sun - you are a dimwit. I'm going to buy you, anaesthetise you and take Poop Loops' suggestion.

DAYoung
2nd March 09, 11:13 PM

We're having a private conversation here. Do you mind?

HAI GUYZ I'M BEEN HARRASED BY PLICE!

HALP CONSTINTUTAL RITES!

partyboy
2nd March 09, 11:17 PM
I would go for the big "INSERT HERE" arrows next to her mouth/nose/ears/etc.

WarPhalange
2nd March 09, 11:32 PM
They don't do much more than itch after the first hour.

Unless they get infected.

But, of course, that is after totally ignoring the fact that if I peppers prayed you and said "dude, chill, it will only itch/burn for like an hour" you wouldn't just calmly sit down and have a beer with me, you'd still want to kick my ass.

Sun Wukong
2nd March 09, 11:37 PM
there's a big difference between a cat and a human being.

I'm no fan of overt cruelty to animals, but this doesn't really strike me as particularly cruel.

Harpy
2nd March 09, 11:42 PM
[quote=Sun Wukong]there's a big difference between a cat and a human being.

What difference so big that one can make such a decision for an animal that cannot communicate for itself? Also a totally retarded decision that has nothing to do with the basic needs of a living creature (oxygen, water, shelter, food). I hope that woman gets her blood drained.

You are a colossal moron.

I'm no fan of overt cruelty to animals, but this doesn't really strike me as particularly cruel
So you ARE a fan of more subtle cruelty towards animals? you are a retard.

DAYoung
2nd March 09, 11:44 PM
there's a big difference between a cat and a human being.

I agree. But I don't think the crucial difference is pain perception.

By the way, Kein Haar's examples are tattoos for safety/security/monitoring - they're supposed to be in the pets' best interests (or in the community interest).

This is for fashion, which is hardly in the pet's best interest. if she wants a lame, pseudo-mystical brand, she should get it on her own chest.

Sun Wukong
2nd March 09, 11:46 PM
Lily, being called a retard by you is a lot like being called a fag by Paul Reuben. I totally don't give a shit.

Besides,

http://tcor.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/whore-mouth.jpg

Steve
2nd March 09, 11:48 PM
Unless they get infected.

Yeah, what are they going to put a cone on the cat for a week? The thing will be scabbing and peeling for at least that long (plus the fun part of applying moisturizer etc to it a few times a day).

Sun Wukong
2nd March 09, 11:56 PM
I agree. But I don't think the crucial difference is pain perception.

By the way, Kein Haar's examples are tattoos for safety/security/monitoring - they're supposed to be in the pets' best interests (or in the community interest).

This is for fashion, which is hardly in the pet's best interest. if she wants a lame, pseudo-mystical brand, she should get it on her own chest.
Have you ever slaughtered an animal for food? I'm not trying to go all uber-mensch here, but I really think this is about as bothersome to that cat as going a day being stuck in cage and less tiring for the creature than being shipped by plane in the cargo hold.

I grew up on a farm. This is a domesticated animal with few worries or concerns and this is completely non-life threatening and probably will be no more than mildly annoying after the first 24 hours.

We have women that gouge out giant holes in their chests by the truck loads so they can just stuff a few ounces of saline into them.

If the tattoo gives the creature value to it's owner, who feeds and cares for it, and makes the creature more attractive to other pet owners, while causing it a few moments of discomfort, then I think the creature is merely paying it's debt. Who needs a cat around anyway? What the cat want's is secondary to it's care provider as it is merely a domesticated animal whose ownership is itself a luxury.

DAYoung
3rd March 09, 12:24 AM
Have you ever slaughtered an animal for food? I'm not trying to go all uber-mensch here, but I really think this is about as bothersome to that cat as going a day being stuck in cage and less tiring for the creature than being shipped by plane in the cargo hold.

I grew up on a farm. This is a domesticated animal with few worries or concerns and this is completely non-life threatening and probably will be no more than mildly annoying after the first 24 hours.

We have women that gouge out giant holes in their chests by the truck loads so they can just stuff a few ounces of saline into them.

If the tattoo gives the creature value to it's owner, who feeds and cares for it, and makes the creature more attractive to other pet owners, while causing it a few moments of discomfort, then I think the creature is merely paying it's debt. Who needs a cat around anyway? What the cat want's is secondary to it's care provider as it is merely a domesticated animal whose ownership is itself a luxury.

Yes, I've killed animals for food. Not as a fashion accessory, but for food. It's unpleasant, but it's actually how I got meat for a decade: if I didn't kill something, I didn't eat meat.

Now, you're acting like the cat is a rights-bearing, rational agent, who has signed a contract: you get food and board, and I'll put a tattoo on you. The cat's owned. You can make this about property rights and force (which the woman has on her side) but you can't make this into a quasi-legalistic quid pro quo.

But even if you recognise her claim of ownership, it's a lame thing to inflict pain for. I don't care if the cat 'gets over it' - it's shallow and selfish, and suggests the owner is vulgar.

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 12:30 AM
torturing the cat would be wrong, but they even anesthetized the creature first.

Splaying it open just to see it die would be wrong. Setting the creature on fire would be wrong.

If they tied a string of fire crackers to it's tail and let it run around in the yard just to watch the spectacle, that would be wrong.

This, is merely a mild annoyance for the creature.

This, I think is merely a distraction for people who don't spend much time pondering on what real cruelty is.

Is it ugly? sure, but it's far less disturbing to me than an entire host of other things out there, many of which people do to other people all day, every day without even once considering the possibilities or conceivable malevolence that their actions hold. This is just a distraction for the soft hearted, which I will freely identify myself as being one of, just not in this instance.

It's funny how priorities differ from person to person, but moral outrage stays the same.

This is a petty malevolence.

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 12:33 AM
yes, I can agree the owner is vulgar.

But so are so many other people. The modern western world is packed with vulgar people doing vulgar things for vulgar reasons. This instance just seems like the moral equivalent of a parking violation or forcing your kids to go to go to church camp.

DAYoung
3rd March 09, 12:34 AM
It is: superfluous, painful, ugly and self-indulgent.

Not the worst thing in the world, but worthy of a 'u r t3h sux0r' on the internet.

Join us. The air is lovely on the high moral ground.

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 12:38 AM
parents believe their children owe them a lot of things and believe they should be able to indoctrinate them in whatever system of dogmatic and destructive thing they may believe in.

Hell, look at circumcision. That is fucked up and serves no real purpose.

Seriously, people peel the skin off of their infant boy's penis's because GOD TOLD THEM TO.

Even atheists do it these days because everyone else does it. It's bizarre, unnecessary and brutal. Kids even pass out into narcoleptic shock from it, and parents think they are just napping.

Look in your trousers. Missing a little off the tip I'd wager. How much do you want to bet that shit hurt like a mother fucker at the time for days. Far more than some damn tattoo.

You are a person, yet according to the law, that piece of skin on your wang can come right off just because your mom and/or dad say so.

WTF is up with that?

DAYoung
3rd March 09, 12:42 AM
I looked in my trousers. All I found was this:

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/104022_main.jpg

Harpy
3rd March 09, 12:51 AM
[quote=Sun Wukong]
This, is merely a mild annoyance for the creature.

You read cats' minds now?

This, I think is merely a distraction for people who don't spend much time pondering on what real cruelty is.

I recall you denying the acts of cruelty the Chinese government have brought down upon the Tibetan people. I guess that was just a mild annoyance for the Tibetans as well?

This is just a distraction for the soft hearted, which I will freely identify myself as being one of, just not in this instance. LOLwut?

JingMerchant!
3rd March 09, 01:04 AM
I looked in my trousers. All I found was this:

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/104022_main.jpgAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!

THANK GOD!!!!

THANK GOD!!!!!

I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE!!!!!!

*sobs*

Doritosaurus Chex
3rd March 09, 01:18 AM
Hell, look at circumcision. That is fucked up and serves no real purpose.

Seriously, people peel the skin off of their infant boy's penis's because GOD TOLD THEM TO.

Even atheists do it these days because everyone else does it.

Umm.....no. Some people have their children circumcised because of the hygienic benefits. Whether that's true or not is arguable. However, someone having their kid circumcised doesn't mean it's always done under god's orders.

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 01:23 AM
really, tell me, you can teach a kid to wipe his ass which he never looks at, but not his dick, which I'm quite sure he probably looks at frequently during one of the many times when he might take a whizz.

Are you seriously, going to tell me that circumcision is done just for hygiene? Men have been on this earth far, far longer than this weird trend has been around.

This is not medically necessary in any way. Why don't we immediately cut out everyone's appendix when they come of age. That thing could explode and kill them one day.

The human body may not be perfect as nature created it, but it can do without modification from birth just fine.

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 01:36 AM

Every time I read something you wrote where you attempt rational thought I'm reminded of all the positive elements of eugenics and subsequently disappoint myself with it's inevitable failure due to what I believe is a wholesale genetic predisposition which seems to make the human race naturally gravitate towards idiocy in massive numbers.

jvjim
3rd March 09, 01:37 AM
I hate cats and I hate tattoos.

Harpy
3rd March 09, 01:40 AM
Nice way to avoid my questions Sunny boy.

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 01:46 AM
Clearly I care deeply about what you have to say. Can you say it again, only this time try not to be a stupid cunt? Wait, I'm sorry, now I'm being unreasonable.

Doritosaurus Chex
3rd March 09, 01:46 AM
Are you seriously, going to tell me that circumcision is done just for hygiene? Men have been on this earth far, far longer than this weird trend has been around.

Unlike you, I lack the ability to read minds. After all, you're the one who said this:

My point is that circumcision isn't only a religious practice, nor do atheists do it just to fit in with the religious crowd (where did you get that stat from?). People do believe that there are hygienic benefits to circumcision and elect to have their child circumcised regardless of their faith. And yes, studies have been done and info is available: http://www.circinfo.net/

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 02:01 AM
you are saying that people don't peel the skin off of their infants because god told them to?

I didn't say ALL PEOPLE, I said people. Which is plural, but doesn't necessarily mandate that I mean ALL people are doing it for that reason. The rest of them are either stupid, lazy or just doing it for aesthetics.

I happen to believe children are quite capable of being taught to wash their own private parts as long as they aren't born intellectually disabled in some severe fashion.

Frank White
3rd March 09, 02:53 AM
the tattoo is fake.

Neildo
3rd March 09, 05:45 AM
i agree with sun on the points about the cat.

just because i'm drunk and it's being discussed, i'll admit i was circumsized at birth, for hygene reasons (not jewish, not that there's anything wrong with that). i am so glad my parents did that. i don't know the difference, but i think it's great.

Neildo
3rd March 09, 05:53 AM
I happen to believe children are quite capable of being taught to wash their own private parts as long as they aren't born intellectually disabled in some severe fashion.

you'd be surprised. one time when i was a teenager i had a basement of a house to myself with a separate entrance and everything. one time after a big party, we noticed this awful odor coming from under the porch. we found the source of the horrible stench to be a pair of pretty frilly lace panties. they were immediately burned. it left a stain on the concrete. they were known from that day forward as "the stinky cunt panties".

my best friend is horribly unhygenic. he's great company but god he can stink sometimes.

some people just aren't aware of proper hygene dude. trust me, i take public transit. they often assault my senses with their foul stink.

Neildo
3rd March 09, 05:54 AM
i'm too lazy to edit posts at this point, but i gotta ask. wtf does this thread have to do with sirc and mjs? i can't figure that one out.

JingMerchant!
3rd March 09, 10:12 AM
i'm too lazy to edit posts at this point, but i gotta ask. wtf does this thread have to do with sirc and mjs? i can't figure that one out.Dude, Sirc is on 4chan and I thought this pic was a potential LOLcat if ever I saw one. MJS is a cat lover and I wouldn't be surprised if he was on 4chan as well.

Truculent Sheep
3rd March 09, 12:20 PM
Dude, Sirc is on 4chan and I thought this pic was a potential LOLcat if ever I saw one. MJS is a cat lover and I wouldn't be surprised if he was on 4chan as well.

In other words, one's a deviant and the other one is an old lesbian trapped in a young man's body.

billy sol hurok
3rd March 09, 12:33 PM

Yes. In addition, some vets routinely tattoo the belly of dogs they've spayed so that a subsequent owner won't unknowingly attempt to have the procedure done again.

EuropIan
3rd March 09, 01:46 PM
This is another example of people (women in particular) using living things as jewellery

Doritosaurus Chex
3rd March 09, 02:08 PM
you are saying that people don't peel the skin off of their infants because god told them to?

I didn't say ALL PEOPLE, I said people. Which is plural, but doesn't necessarily mandate that I mean ALL people are doing it for that reason. The rest of them are either stupid, lazy or just doing it for aesthetics.

I just read over your previous posts after some sleep, food, and coffee. I read it as all people for some reason. I should refrain from posting after midnight. Kinda like how you shouldn't feed Gizmo after midnight.

I think you have too much faith in parents raising their children properly. I agree that parents should teach their kids proper hygiene practices over elective procedures, but some people are failures for parents.

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 02:34 PM
yet that doesn't mean we should make it a practice of cutting off 1/4 of the skin on infant penises. i realize, i'm being dick-centric here, but I'd like to suggest that nobody go near anyone's dick with a knife unless they really, really hate that person.

EuropIan
3rd March 09, 02:40 PM
Wait....... circumcision is communism?

Sun Wukong
3rd March 09, 02:42 PM
I just think it's a fucked up thing to do to a kid.

EuropIan
3rd March 09, 02:43 PM
I do not disagree.