PDA

View Full Version : Higher Standards?

kracker
28th February 09, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl67FmVRjYs

This will be my last anti LEO thread. I keep getting emotional and not getting my point across so here it is. Police power are getting way out of hand and something (NOT ANARCHY) must be done. It's constantly thrown around here that police are held to higher standards. This is utter bullshit. If you, as a parent, administered this type of "discipline" to your 15 year old daughter, and a cop saw it, you would go to jail.

WarPhalange
28th February 09, 04:34 PM
I agree Kracker, a single example makes the rule.

Do you have any idea how many cops are out there? Do you honestly believe the majority of them are assholes?

Do you honestly believe that your regular grunts are the ones responsible for quotas and disbanding protests?

Your anger is very misguided. Look at who is causing this instead of taking it out on the people who just want to put food on their family.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Politics/Images/bush-akward-smile.JPG

Sorry, I meant "put food on their table".

Shawarma
28th February 09, 04:37 PM
Wonder what the girl said to attract such an assbeating.

kracker
28th February 09, 04:38 PM
I wholeheartedly agree that this is nearly entirely the fault of politicians. I should have made that clearer I suppose. Giving authority to people can turn even the most honorable men into monsters. It's barely even their fault. My point is EXACTLY that we need to keep an eye on them and curtail their power by political means.

kracker
28th February 09, 04:40 PM

Who cares? It's just words, nothing justifies that. Nothing on earth would make me or any decent man hit a little girl.

Dark Helmet
28th February 09, 04:44 PM
I'm just guessing it was probably something a long the lines of :

Fuck you you Goddamn pigs!You fagot cops

Or maybe it sounded like Sarah Silverman in way of the gun.

j9fbIFMAIrQ

SFGOON
28th February 09, 04:48 PM
Well Kracker, that's from my backyard. Let me say this.

That officer is being charged with 4th degree assault after other cops investigated the attack. Understand that with absolute certainty. That juvinille females rights were seriously violated by someone in a position of public trust. He literally beat up a little girl in a jail cell. Police do not condone nor accept this, especially from one of their own.

1. King County Sheriff's office will be rightfully sued, and I am rooting for the plaintiff in this suit.

2. That officer is not only under investigation for use of force issues, he has had criminal assault charges filed against him.

3. The police themselves released that video to the media. It's not a leak and there's zero attempt at covering it up. They are admitting it happened and taking powerful steps to fix it. It takes a great deal of moral courage to do that.

So, given the whole truth kracker, what the fuck do you have? That's right you sensationalist whiner. Not a fucking thing. Crawl back under that fucking rock you sophomoric imbecile.

FriendlyFire
28th February 09, 05:03 PM
And I was going to say Kracker may have finally found something that actually backs up his point. Thank you Goon for pointing how one officer got out of hand and the rest of his department is making him pay for it without the need for anyone else to get involved.

You ironically provided the video that debunks your entire view kracker. Police do hold themselves to higher standards and there is no need for political action against the rights of policemen.

SFGOON
28th February 09, 05:26 PM
Kracker is a dumbass who has no idea how many rights are afforded him.

Let's say I pull him over one fine evening. Kracker gets nervous and I'm suspicious as fuck. I ask him where he's going and shit, and he tells me a shitload of stories. I get pissed off and order him out of the car. Then I take his keys and unlock his trunk, discovering 15 pounds of meth and another 15 pounds of super-crack. Holy shit! I arrest him and high-five myself for the rest of the night, following departmental and legal procedure perfectly from that point forward.

And I'd be really happy too, until the court rules (before this thing even goes to trial,) that I violated his 4th amendment rights by popping open his trunk without probable cause, and that the drugs I found can't be used against him as evidence. The prosecution, at that point, says "Oh fuck it!" and drops the case because they'd have to convince the jury that my testimony alone is sufficient when I can't even adhere to the constitution.

If kracker had a brain that he bothered to use, he'd know that he has the upper hand when it comes to dealing with the cops. He'd understand the exclusionary rule, he'd understand his rights under both the US constitution and the state in which he resides. But - he's an ignorant dumbass. That's why he's so mad.

If he knew the truth, he be skipping around all happy and shit.

EuropIan
28th February 09, 05:32 PM

Let's say I pull him over one fine evening. Kracker gets nervous and I'm suspicious as fuck. I ask him where he's going and shit, and he tells me a shitload of stories. I get pissed off and order him out of the car. Then I take his keys and unlock his trunk, discovering 15 pounds of meth and another 15 pounds of super-crack. Holy shit! I arrest him and high-five myself for the rest of the night, following departmental and legal procedure perfectly from that point forward.

And I'd be really happy too, until the court rules (before this thing even goes to trial,) that I violated his 4th amendment rights by popping open his trunk without probable cause, and that the drugs I found can't be used against him as evidence. The prosecution, at that point, says "Oh fuck it!" and drops the case because they'd have to convince the jury that my testimony alone is sufficient when I can't even adhere to the constitution.

If kracker had a brain that he bothered to use, he'd know that he has the upper hand when it comes to dealing with the cops. He'd understand the exclusionary rule, he'd understand his rights under both the US constitution and the state in which he resides. But - he's an ignorant dumbass. That's why he's so mad.

This is why I don't get police paranoia.

That said, I still get nervous in police encounters. But I know the more I act like a jackass, the more likely I'd get in trouble.

Lohff
28th February 09, 05:36 PM

I agree with you in principle, but I feel obliged to say that there is a difference between what a cop can do to you legally, and what a cop can do. There is still a power differential when a common citizen deals with a police officer, and nervousness and distrust follows. Still, Kracker is a douchebag for all these whiny threads.

WarPhalange
28th February 09, 05:40 PM
No, these aren't "whiny" threads. They would be perfectly fine if the logic behind them wasn't being fucked in the ass.

EuropIan
28th February 09, 05:47 PM
I also think these threads have their place but in these particular instances the presentation is skewed and dishonest.

Wounded Ronin
28th February 09, 06:06 PM
Well, I'm mostly afraid that a cop will give me a traffic ticket for some BS reason while I'm driving. And then I'll be forced to go to court to apply all those rules and it would be a huge disruption of my life to keep my squeaky-clean driving record.

WarPhalange
28th February 09, 06:11 PM
Well, I'm mostly afraid that a cop will give me a traffic ticket for some BS reason while I'm driving. And then I'll be forced to go to court to apply all those rules and it would be a huge disruption of my life to keep my squeaky-clean driving record.

Yeah, you need to lose a day of work in order to fight a ticket worth maybe half a day, depending on how much you make and the ticket. But, of course, if you don't go fight it, then you were just cheated out of your hard earned cash by a cop who needed to fill his quota.

Justice is broken, sorry.

EuropIan
28th February 09, 06:18 PM
Yeah, you need to lose a day of work in order to fight a ticket worth maybe half a day, depending on how much you make and the ticket. But, of course, if you don't go fight it, then you were just cheated out of your hard earned cash by a cop who needed to fill his quota.

However this^

!=

Police state.

Robot Jesus
28th February 09, 06:26 PM
krackers is what I would be if I was a coke head. he has my basic sympathies but he treats them like divine commands.

In all likelihood he read a single book on the topic and now thinks he know all there is to know about police brutality.

Equipoise
28th February 09, 06:52 PM
Rough beating. Officer's at fault. The only other explanation is that she spit on him. While I would have loved to do the same type of beating to that lady I described in the other thread, I and most officers exemplify "higher standards" by not doing so.

JohnnyCache
28th February 09, 07:05 PM
What did she do?

Shawarma
28th February 09, 07:12 PM
I've read too many chun threads on Bullshido, I was mentally making FOOM FOOM FOOM adlibs when he was slapping her around.

GuiltySpark
28th February 09, 11:36 PM
I usually don't post without reading the whole thread but I'll make an exception.
Why? Because I'm sure this thread will be the same as your last 6 threads about police and corruption and some stupid singular youtube video neatly edited showing an extreme case of a cop being a moron and suggesting every cop were like that bla bla.

Kracker you might have a point to make but your deleivery, like my spelling, is absolute garbage. If anything you're making people side with cops for the simple fact that the alterntive would be to side with you.

Wounded Ronin
28th February 09, 11:37 PM

I never said that justice is broken. I just said that I don't want my pure-as-the-driven-snow driving record sullied. And I don't want to waste time fighting the charges. I'm kind of anal about stuff like that and it would make me disproportionately upset.

I mean, I even go around carefully driving the speed limit. No 45 in a 35 zone for me, unless I'm not familiar with the area. Which is why I'd be exceptionally upset if I got pulled over in spite of my constant painstaking driving.

WarPhalange
28th February 09, 11:41 PM
I never said that justice is broken.

I did.

I mean, I even go around carefully driving the speed limit. No 45 in a 35 zone for me, unless I'm not familiar with the area. Which is why I'd be exceptionally upset if I got pulled over in spite of my constant painstaking driving.

I want to do that, except that I always leave a few minutes late to the transit center, so I need to floor it and then run to my bus almost every day. The only days I don't have to run to make it is when the bus is late.

Wounded Ronin
28th February 09, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl67FmVRjYs

This will be my last anti LEO thread. I keep getting emotional and not getting my point across so here it is. Police power are getting way out of hand and something (NOT ANARCHY) must be done. It's constantly thrown around here that police are held to higher standards. This is utter bullshit. If you, as a parent, administered this type of "discipline" to your 15 year old daughter, and a cop saw it, you would go to jail.

OK, I finally watched the video. WTF, why are you so emotional? That wasn't even such a bad beating. I mean, yes, the officer behaved improperly, but it wasn't a brutal beating or anything. It didn't look like it was likely to cause any injury of real significance. It was brief. I think I felt more angry reading the YouTube comments where people were all indignant acting as if the cop was like that anti-judo acid flinger, which he is not.

WarPhalange
28th February 09, 11:46 PM
My comments in bold.

OK, I finally watched the video. WTF, why are you so emotional? That wasn't even such a bad beating. [it was a 15 year old girl] I mean, yes, the officer behaved improperly, but it wasn't a brutal beating or anything. [he flung her against the wall, on the ground, and then lifted her by her hair] It didn't look like it was likely to cause any injury of real significance. [she complained that she couldn't breathe. I guess death isn't that significant] It was brief. [so is getting shot] I think I felt more angry reading the YouTube comments where people were all indignant acting as if the cop was like that anti-judo acid flinger, which he is not.

Jesus Christ, looks like we have people on opposite ends of the spectrum here, yet they both sit on the Moron axis.

Wounded Ronin
28th February 09, 11:49 PM
Well, I didn't know that she had been complaining about not being able to breath. Yes, you're sitting on someone handcuffing them and they say they can't breathe you have to be careful and let them breathe. Because they might not just be bullshitting you but could actually be in distress. Like with those bouncers who killed a dude in New Orleans that time a few years ago.

But, honestly, wall slamx1, throwx1, punchx2 doesn't really equal extensive brutal beating. If they didn't pay attention to her difficulty breathing, that is a whole other more serious ball of wax because you do have an elevated risk of death. But if she didn't have difficulty breathing, then four unarmed attacks not directed at the spinal column, arteries/trachea, etc are just four garden variety unarmed attacks.

I mean, I agree, the officer behaved improperly. He was also a moron for doing it on camera. But it's not anything on the scale of the Rodney King beating or what have you.

WarPhalange
28th February 09, 11:52 PM
Well, I didn't know that she had been complaining about not being able to breath. Yes, you're sitting on someone handcuffing them and they say they can't breathe you have to be careful and let them breathe. Because they might not just be bullshitting you but could actually be in distress.

Woooo! Looks like this is a Level 9 Moron here!

She was complaining about not being able to breathe after the beating. They had medics check her out but didn't bother going to the hospital. Got it? After she had been slammed into a wall and punched.

But, honestly, wall slamx1, throwx1, punchx2 doesn't really equal extensive brutal beating.

I think you would disagree if you were flung around like that.

I mean, I agree, the officer behaved improperly. He was also a moron for doing it on camera. But it's not anything on the scale of the Rodney King beating or what have you.

So you're saying that if someone did that to you or say your daughter or sister, you'd just walk it off and say "Woah, at least it wasn't as bad as the Rodney King beating, lol amirite??"

Wounded Ronin
1st March 09, 12:02 AM
Woooo! Looks like this is a Level 9 Moron here!

OK, Poops, I'm going to nip this Level 9 Moron bullshit right in the bud. I'm a level 12 fucking Sohei from 1st edition Oriental Adventures, and my weapon of choice is the chopsticks. Get it right or I'll attack you with them for d3 damage.

She was complaining about not being able to breathe after the beating. They had medics check her out but didn't bother going to the hospital. Got it? After she had been slammed into a wall and punched.

She probably had the wind knocked out of her pretty hard. I'll take your word for it...I watched the YouTube video without sound because I'm also watching TV right now.

I think you would disagree if you were flung around like that.

I agree I'd probably be scared or upset if I were flung around like that under those circumstances, but I was referring to the YouTube comments section, where people were saying stuff along the lines of "fucking pigs raar above the law blah blah blah". Go ahead and read the YouTube comments and tell me with a straight face it doesn't make you want to seek those people out and drip Tapatio hot sauce on their glanses.

So you're saying that if someone did that to you or say your daughter or sister, you'd just walk it off and say "Woah, at least it wasn't as bad as the Rodney King beating, lol amirite??"

I don't have a daughter or a sister, so it's hard for me to imagine what I'd think. I never claimed I wouldn't be upset, or again I never denied that the officers acted improperly. But I think I'd probably just be teed off, rather than horrified, or indignant. I imagine I might take legal action, like pressing charges against the officer, but I wouldn't get all "RRAARRR PIGS FIGHT DA POWER WHILE LISTENING TO HIP HOP".

In today's society, a beat-down that doesn't cause long term injury basically doesn't matter. What does matter is bureaucratic/legal crap that goes on your file and will keep coming back later to fuck up things you try to do. Between contributing to my hypothetical daughter getting some kind of conviction, or giving my hypothetical daughter some bumps and bruises, the latter would be a lot less of a problem for her over the course of her life.

EDIT: I mean, seriously. Look at some of the YouTube comments. You're telling me they don't make you get furious?

two sides to every story...that's epic. Got love cops getting their abuse of power on, shit like this is why at least half of em sign up.

Good thing our tax dollars are going to honorable men who's only flaw is beating on children. Makes me proud to live in a land where hypocrisy is widely ignored and the law only applies to those the cops chose to apply it to.

If this girl were a 15 year old white teenager would you feel this way. I don't think so. You people are so blind that you can't see the evil in this. She did not deserve this.

I wonder how many incidents that dipshit cop has been involved in similar to this that were not caught on tape.

That fat pig's kick and punches were slow, weak, and sloppy.Me personally, if i were assaulted like that over a non-incident, I would have put those two cops in a hospital using my 20+ years of martial arts experience. And then my lawyer would have won my case claiming self defense.

If they let him keep his job, I hope he gets shot in the line of duty. Fucking loser!

This happens all over the country everyday
but you apathetic sheeple will just lay there and let these government scumbags use you as toiletpaper ..but hey its to late the constitution is screwed with the patriot act that you sheeple were scared into voting for were the only country that uses colors to show the threat level of terrorism ..but look at isreal they have been fighting terrorism for 60 years no colors no scare tactics,,were all american apathetic cowards and it starts with the cops.

WarPhalange
1st March 09, 12:08 AM
OK, Poops, I'm going to nip this Level 9 Moron bullshit right in the bud. I'm a level 12 fucking Sohei from 1st edition Oriental Adventures, and my weapon of choice is the chopsticks. Get it right or I'll attack you with them for d3 damage.

http://www.ugo.com/movies/dont-sweat-it/movies/images/revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

NERD!!!!!!!!!!!

She probably had the wind knocked out of her pretty hard. I'll take your word for it...I watched the YouTube video without sound because I'm also watching TV right now.

The beating video doesn't have sound, but it's on a news story thing and the lady person explainifies what had occured.

I agree I'd probably be scared or upset if I were flung around like that under those circumstances, but I was referring to the YouTube comments section, where people were saying stuff along the lines of "fucking pigs raar above the law blah blah blah". Go ahead and read the YouTube comments and tell me with a straight face it doesn't make you want to seek those people out and drip Tapatio hot sauce on their glanses.

Level up! Only morons read Youtube comments.

In today's society, a beat-down that doesn't cause long term injury basically doesn't matter. What does matter is bureaucratic/legal crap that goes on your file and will keep coming back later to fuck up things you try to do. Between contributing to my hypothetical daughter getting some kind of conviction, or giving my hypothetical daughter some bumps and bruises, the latter would be a lot less of a problem for her over the course of her life.

*confused*

http://www.ugo.com/movies/dont-sweat-it/movies/images/revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

NERD!!!!!

Wounded Ronin
1st March 09, 12:13 AM
Bad marks on your "permanent record" are a lot worse for you in our society than a few bruises.

GuiltySpark
1st March 09, 12:16 AM
why are you so emotional?
He's an emo?

WarPhalange
1st March 09, 12:17 AM
You are completely missing the point. You would take a punch in the face from a cop vs. some sort of mark on your record when you did nothing wrong in the first place???

It's like you would be happy that the cop knocked a tooth out instead of charging you with something you didn't even do.

Wounded Ronin
1st March 09, 12:30 AM
You are completely missing the point. You would take a punch in the face from a cop vs. some sort of mark on your record when you did nothing wrong in the first place???

It's like you would be happy that the cop knocked a tooth out instead of charging you with something you didn't even do.

Well, if a cop did randomly sucker punch me for no good reason, I would indeed take a punch in the face from a cop. Rightly or wrongly.

I'd be considerably more upset about losing a tooth than getting a bruise or having temporary trouble breathing. Because I'd have to go and make arrangements to take care of a lost tooth (i.e. dentist's appointment) which would in effect waste my time and cost me money.

But the most upsetting thing of all would be if a cop charged me with something and I had to go to court to defend myself. In the first place that would be an even bigger waste of time and cost (for a lawyer), and secondly on the off chance that I got wrongly convicted I'd probably be feeling as unhappy as I am capable of feeling.

So, to sum up, I agree all the way that the cop behaved improperly. I'm never arguing that.

What I am saying is that the worst thing a cop can do to you (besides for kill you, or inexplicably fling acid in your face and cut off your fingers) is arrest you for some crime and have bad marks appear on your "permanent record" because that can potentially change the course of your life. In comparison, if he were to kick you in the nads and fling you against the wall a few times and then just walk away, that would be no sweat at all, because it wouldn't really matter after the fact.

Robot Jesus
1st March 09, 12:36 AM
Bad marks on your "permanent record" are a lot worse for you in our society than a few bruises.

That's why I get a new permanent record every six months.

Steve
1st March 09, 09:26 AM
Hey, kracker: Some cops are huge fucking douchebags. They are just regular people like you and me, ya know?

Quikfeet509
1st March 09, 10:55 AM
The deputy used a semi-Royce Gracie [circa 1995] entry on the girl and it worked beautifully.

Jiu Jitsu wins again.

WarPhalange
1st March 09, 01:59 PM
What I am saying is that the worst thing a cop can do to you (besides for kill you, or inexplicably fling acid in your face and cut off your fingers) is arrest you for some crime and have bad marks appear on your "permanent record" because that can potentially change the course of your life. In comparison, if he were to kick you in the nads and fling you against the wall a few times and then just walk away, that would be no sweat at all, because it wouldn't really matter after the fact.

I really don't know how to get through to you. If a cop falsely charged me and I even got convicted of this alleged crime, I'd go ballistic. If a cop beat me up for no reason, I'd similarly go ballistic and probably end up getting shot. There is no such thing as "better" in this case. Feeling good because the cop beat you up instead of charging you with something means you are exactly the kind of tool kracker is talking about.

Shawarma
1st March 09, 03:04 PM
Think I figured out why assbeating was administered. Judging by the pair of boots outside the cell they lead her past, it's a house rule that guests take off their shoes. She then kicks off one boot at the cop in a bratty manner and most likely says something on the lines of "I DON'T WANNA TAKE OFF MY OTHER SHOE DADDY I HATE YOU", causing Sheriff Clark to go Vitor Belfort on her ass.

Wounded Ronin
1st March 09, 03:20 PM
I really don't know how to get through to you. If a cop falsely charged me and I even got convicted of this alleged crime, I'd go ballistic. If a cop beat me up for no reason, I'd similarly go ballistic and probably end up getting shot. There is no such thing as "better" in this case. Feeling good because the cop beat you up instead of charging you with something means you are exactly the kind of tool kracker is talking about.

The only difference is emotivism versus pragmatism IMO.

kracker
1st March 09, 06:08 PM
Well Kracker, that's from my backyard. Let me say this.

That officer is being charged with 4th degree assault after other cops investigated the attack. Understand that with absolute certainty. That juvinille females rights were seriously violated by someone in a position of public trust. He literally beat up a little girl in a jail cell. Police do not condone nor accept this, especially from one of their own.

1. King County Sheriff's office will be rightfully sued, and I am rooting for the plaintiff in this suit.

2. That officer is not only under investigation for use of force issues, he has had criminal assault charges filed against him.

3. The police themselves released that video to the media. It's not a leak and there's zero attempt at covering it up. They are admitting it happened and taking powerful steps to fix it. It takes a great deal of moral courage to do that.

So, given the whole truth kracker, what the fuck do you have? That's right you sensationalist whiner. Not a fucking thing. Crawl back under that fucking rock you sophomoric imbecile.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/025593.html

"The video record documents that after the assault the girl, who understandably had difficulty breathing, required medical treatment. Schene described the treatment as necessary to deal with a "panic attack," a dishonest way of describing the reaction of a traumatized teenage girl to being gang-beaten by two adult males.
The video was discovered weeks later by a detective assigned to investigate the auto theft. Schene has been charged with fourth-degree assault, a gross misdemeanor (http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/under-washington-state-s-criminal-code-what-are-th-10356.html) with a maximum penalty of one year in jail.
Several years ago, Schene shot and killed an unarmed, mentally disturbed man (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/302017_inquest01.html) following a traffic stop that degenerated into a "knock-down, drag-out" fight. The shooting was ruled "justifiable." Shortly after that incident, he was stopped for driving under the influence (apparently of prescription medication). He was given a deferred sentence and placed on probation, so that he could continue to bless the people of King County with his singular professionalism. ".

So this guy gets a tiny misdemeanor sentence for viciously assaulting a tiny girl unprovoked resulting in serious damage (probably 2nd or 1st degree assault if a civillian did it) after completely skating on warrantless murder and utter hypocracy in driving drunk. Yeah I'm going to be happy with that, that's a higher standard to what I would be judged by. [/sarcasm]

GuiltySpark
1st March 09, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by William Grigg.
"The video record documents that after the assault the girl, who understandably had difficulty breathing, required medical treatment. Schene described the treatment as necessary to deal with a "panic attack," a dishonest way of describing the reaction of a traumatized teenage girl to being gang-beaten by two adult males.
The video was discovered weeks later by a detective assigned to investigate the auto theft. Schene has been charged with fourth-degree assault, a gross misdemeanor (http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/under-washington-state-s-criminal-code-what-are-th-10356.html) with a maximum penalty of one year in jail.
Several years ago, Schene shot and killed an unarmed, mentally disturbed man (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/302017_inquest01.html) following a traffic stop that degenerated into a "knock-down, drag-out" fight. The shooting was ruled "justifiable." Shortly after that incident, he was stopped for driving under the influence (apparently of prescription medication). He was given a deferred sentence and placed on probation, so that he could continue to bless the people of King County with his singular professionalism. ".

Wow. That's pretty fucked up. They should have charged the cop with a bigger count of assult and threw him in prison for a while.

SFGOON
1st March 09, 07:24 PM
So this guy gets a tiny misdemeanor sentence for viciously assaulting a tiny girl unprovoked resulting in serious damage (probably 2nd or 1st degree assault if a civillian did it) after completely skating on warrantless murder and utter hypocracy in driving drunk. Yeah I'm going to be happy with that, that's a higher standard to what I would be judged by. [/sarcasm]

Okay Mr. Ignorant. Why don't you tell me the criteria for the varying degrees of assault. Here's a clue - the prosecution doesn't ask themselves "How badly would this assault upset kracker?" before filing charges. Here's another clue - that girl was treated for a panic attack. Unless that officer practices systema, he has no idea how to induce a panic attack with a fist.

Were you there when he shot that man a few years back, or did you just manage to get access to confidential police files. Please, tell me how you fucking did that! Wait a minute, do you have a crystal ball? Magic 8 ball? C'mon man, tell me your fucking secret!

Anyway, go study up some RCW, (available online!) and tell me why you think an assault 1 is appropriate. By the way, it's likely that had the officer been a civilian he would have skated on that one entirely. It's hard as fuck to prove that kind of thing after the fact, sans video evidence. And even with video, the reasonable doubt rule applies.

Idiot.

SFGOON
1st March 09, 07:32 PM
Oh, and just in case your google-fu is as bad as your law-fu, here's a fucking link.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.36

By the way, if you can't find "assault," they're alphabetized. "A" is the first letter in the alphabet.

Knave
2nd March 09, 01:33 AM
Greetings.

1. IMO this is why pepper spray is better for teaching people to shut the fuck up.

IMO you could probably articulate reasonable suspicion and request a drug dog if you wanted to be legit, assuming the guy was smart enough in the first place not to give verbal consent to search. The other option is you just seize the drugs, fuck charging him with anything, and just have him give you information unless he wants to get incredibly fucked up for losing 30lbs of dope. Or if he doesn't give you information and he gets incredibly fucked up, that's the risk when you "play the game."

Robot Jesus
2nd March 09, 02:54 AM
Knave, do you realize you are the same person as Kracker?

"The system is always right and requires no oversight" is just as retarded as "the system is always wrong and racist and classist and grumpy-making"

kracker
2nd March 09, 08:36 AM
Oh, and just in case your google-fu is as bad as your law-fu, here's a fucking link.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.36

By the way, if you can't find "assault," they're alphabetized. "A" is the first letter in the alphabet.

Second degree assault
(a) Intentionally assaults another and thereby recklessly inflicts substantial bodily harm; or

seems right to me.

SFGOON
2nd March 09, 08:55 AM
Okay - where's the substantial bodily harm aside from the typical ZOMFG I CANT BREETH "panic attack?" There's specific criteria for what constitutes "substantial bodily harm." Can you find it?

Knave
2nd March 09, 10:17 AM
Greetings.

Knave, do you realize you are the same person as Kracker?

"The system is always right and requires no oversight" is just as retarded as "the system is always wrong and racist and classist and grumpy-making"

But we're on opposite ends. I'm like The Batman to his joker.

kracker
2nd March 09, 11:03 AM
If I lacked critical thinking skills to the extent of Knave, I'd defend every act of violence against the police. Like say a guy gets pulled over and punches a lady cop in the face, I would never defend that. Knave however already has when it's a cop doing it to a girl. Also, Batman was a complete tool for warrantlessly wiretapping IMHO.

Knave
2nd March 09, 12:33 PM
Greetings.

Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding.

THERE ARE THOSE WITHOUT DECENCY WHO MUST BE FOUGHT WITHOUT HESITATION, WITHOUT PITY.

kracker
2nd March 09, 01:32 PM
Greetings.

Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding.

THERE ARE THOSE WITHOUT DECENCY WHO MUST BE FOUGHT WITHOUT HESITATION, WITHOUT PITY.

Greetings.

Crooked cops thrive on the ignorance of society's fears.

THERE ARE THOSE WITHOUT DECENCY WHO MUST BE FOUGHT WITHOUT HESITATION, WITHOUT PITY

Doritosaurus Chex
2nd March 09, 03:25 PM
Also, Batman was a complete tool for warrantlessly wiretapping IMHO.

On the same note, The Punisher was a total prick because he was never authorized by the state to execute criminals.

kracker
2nd March 09, 04:31 PM
On the same note, The Punisher was a total prick because he was never authorized by the state to execute criminals.

I agree, although frankly I like it even less when the state says it's OK. The Punisher makes for a cool fictional character but in real life it's not like the bad guys are so totally devoid of humanity and positive qualities.

Shu2jack
2nd March 09, 05:18 PM
I loved the part of the video where the defense lawyer was quoted as saying something along the line of there being two sides of the story. And the video showed only one side of the story.

I suppose if they had another camera, it should show a completely different scene.

Shawarma
2nd March 09, 05:44 PM
Baby Jesus was standing out in the hallway off-camera and the 15 year old bitch kicked her shoe right into his face and made him cry. Clear grounds for a justifiable assbeating.

GuiltySpark
2nd March 09, 05:55 PM
That's still quite the beating

elipson
2nd March 09, 06:04 PM
The Punisher makes for a cool fictional character but in real life it's not like the bad guys are so totally devoid of humanity and positive qualities.

This is why I stopped reading kracker threads.

Seriously dude, for your own maturity and understanding, get a job as a bouncer or security guard.

You have good intentions, but you are really viewing things like this from an inexperienced perspective. Trust me. I'm one of the nicest security guys you will ever meet. I have let people yell at me for 10 minutes straight when most guys wouldn have smacked them are 10 seconds. I can talk almost anyone out of a fight.

Almost anyone.

Some people really are BAD people, deserve to get shit kicked, and will leave you with no other option but violence. But I don't judge EVERYONE by the dumb actions of a slim minority.

I've also seen cops and security guys go totally overboard and have to be restrained, and in some cases fired or worse (there is a thread in the BBC detailing one such incident I was in. Buy a membership and go find it). But I don't judge all cops by the actions of a few who wind up on youtube. Why do you?

Robot Jesus
2nd March 09, 06:30 PM
Greetings.

But we're on opposite ends. I'm like The Batman to his joker.
no you’re Arms Fall Off Boy to his Hypno-Hustler. You fight on the opposite sides, but you’re both retarded

Wounded Ronin
2nd March 09, 07:44 PM
Second degree assault
(a) Intentionally assaults another and thereby recklessly inflicts substantial bodily harm; or

seems right to me.

No substantial bodily harm inflicted in that video. Just temporary discomfort.

Knave
3rd March 09, 12:40 AM
Greetings.

but in real life it's not like the bad guys are so totally devoid of humanity and positive qualities.

Actually it's alot like that.

kracker
13th March 09, 07:38 AM
Greetings.

Actually it's alot like that.

Come to think of it, you're right. This guy was shot by an unprovoked psycho in his dorm room. There are some seriously fucked people out there, and due to insufficient deterrants, this murderer will get away with it, and will probably kill more innocents.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/03/derek_copp_is_name_of_grand_va.html

WarPhalange
13th March 09, 10:42 AM
Murder?

Shawarma
13th March 09, 01:13 PM
no you’re Arms Fall Off Boy to his Hypno-Hustler. You fight on the opposite sides, but you’re both retarded
I think Kracker's more like this:
http://media.comicmix.com/media/2008/05/14/rainbow-raider-x.jpg
"It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's FAGGOT MAN!"

kracker
13th March 09, 03:21 PM
I think Kracker's more like this:
http://media.comicmix.com/media/2008/05/14/rainbow-raider-x.jpg
"It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's FAGGOT MAN!"

Seeing as the badge lickers have nothing left but childish insults, I assume I've won this argument.

Aphid Jones
13th March 09, 03:58 PM
Seeing as the badge lickers have nothing left but childish insults, I assume I've won this argument.
De durp de durpedy durp.

Zendetta
13th March 09, 04:50 PM
I assume I've won this argument.

You know the little aphorism on "assuming" don't you?

I think its closer to the truth to say that no one takes you seriously enough to have an actual discussion with. Sorry to be the one to have to tell you that.

elipson
13th March 09, 10:02 PM
Depends what your argument is.

"All cops are bad people."
If this is your argument, then I would say NO, you didn't win.

nihilist
13th March 09, 10:59 PM
Cop: out of control.
Girl: out of control.
Situation: normal.
AFU

SFGOON
14th March 09, 07:38 AM
They've shown us academy students that video about a trillion times now. Generally, the police out here are not happy with that guy, at all. I have yet to find one who is on his side. We keep having to write essays about that guy too.

But if you anarchist types want something to BITCH about, look at the Rampart scandal. 70 corrupt undercover cops, one of whom was shot dead after threatening a plainclothes policeman on the road. Eventually, LA had to pay 125 MILLION in out of court settlements and 100 convictions were overturned.

Three of those assholes worked for Death Row Records and were tied to the fucking BLOODS. Unreal shit.

Yeah, week one and two were nothing but intimidation, videos of officers getting shot, PT 'till your asshole turns to buttermilk, and discussions on civil rights, professionalism, empathy and police corruption/brutality.

As for higher standards, hell yeah we have them. Without disclosing inside info, just know that forces at many levels of government are wanting to nail this guy HARD. Also, he just made all LEO's nationwide look like assholes in front of the public we protect. Commenting solely on what's known about this guy via public record, he has no business being on patrol and should have been let go a LONG time ago.

Nobody likes him. Especially other cops.

Because we have a higher standard. If you public types had it, we wouldn't be needed at all. You don't.

nihilist
14th March 09, 10:41 AM
Cops' jobs are hard enough.

That douchebag is PR you DON't need.

kracker
14th March 09, 05:16 PM
Depends what your argument is.

"All cops are bad people."
If this is your argument, then I would say NO, you didn't win.

*sigh* no, that's not at all what my argument is at all. I never said all cops are bad people nor do I hold that belief. My belief about police/law enforcement are as follows.

-societal tolerance for police brutality/corruption is way too high
-there are a lot of crimes that have no business being crimes (not directly the fault of police)
-ticket/arrest quotas are a truly reprehensible idea (also not their fault)
-Most cops are good people and their job IS necessary (I am NOT an anarchist, for the 1,000,000,000,001th time)
-that being said, police culture/badge licking was directly responsible for the Holocaust, USSR, China etc. (hence we should be careful to have too much blind faith in the State as characters like Knave do)
-police generally get away with excessive force or get sentences WAY less than a citizen would.

elipson
14th March 09, 05:25 PM
that being said, police culture/badge licking was directly responsible for the Holocaust, USSR, China etc. (hence we should be careful to have too much blind faith in the State as characters like Knave do)

ok dude honesty, you should really just delete that. You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about and just steamrolled over some HUGE ideological differences with the idea that police culture caused any of that. Respect for police officers didn't cause anti-semitism in Europe, since that has been around since before the advent of modern police forces. Police Culture had nothing to do with Marxism or Stalinist meglomania and comparing the police forces of the USSR to anything you see in the western world is assinine and proves you are a spoiled brat who is angry he got yelled at for spray painting on someones wall. There was no "respect" of police culture in the Soviet Union or any other Authoritarian state. The police culture you speak of in the western world was fostered over many years of responsible use and accountability. The police culture in the USSR had neither.

And I repeat, if you think the western world is corrupt or authoritarian, then you are spoiled rotten and don't know what a relative paradise you live in.

kracker
14th March 09, 06:43 PM
And I repeat, if you think the western world is corrupt or authoritarian, then you are spoiled rotten and don't know what a relative paradise you live in.

Modern western culture kicks ass. It is indeed far less corrupt or authoritarian (although arguably still too much) than pretty much anywhere in the world. I hope it stays that way, I fear what it is becoming, not so much what it is. What it is now isn't perfect but it is perfectly livable and doesn't need a revolution to fix. However, the popularity of broken windows, Giulianni style police is increasing and I fear the lack of citizen outrage when it gets out of line.

Knave
16th March 09, 12:05 AM
Greetings.

police tolerance for societal brutality/corruption is way too high

I agree.

jubei33
16th March 09, 07:48 AM
I fear the lack of citizen outrage when it gets out of line.

guys like you ruin it for those who might sympathize. You turn people off at the first vapor with your scandal, shock value your only stock worth trading.

ok dude honesty, you should really just delete that. You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about...

Read that for a moment. See in a way, you're better newsreel than 20 cops in riot armor beating a drunken bum. Nothing works better than force to keep them in line, right?

Kein Haar
16th March 09, 07:59 AM
Here's a funny.

A local bar decided to try their hand hosting a rap performance.

Well, of course, the shit went up like gas-soaked cotton balls, and we had to have three additional agencies respond to the melee.

Even then, the best we could do was wait-out the overt mutual brawling, bluff the threat of arrest to the rest of the loiterers, and expedite them out of the parking lot.

Here are the directions we're being pulled-in, all at once:

#1. A waitress who got socked: "I want all those niggers arrested!"

-By all means, please describe the offender. Male, black, 20, bling, a dodge charger with plates registering to Enterprise Rental.... That helps.

#2. Low-income African-American hip-hop enthusiasts: "Fuck the po-lice" :: brawl...throw bottles...brawl...beat chest...throw one last bottle...run off::

#3. Some civilized african-american gentleman: "Hey...those are the one's that 'started it.' Hey...why aren't you arresting them? Man, if THIS is all you wuz gonna do, we didn't need all y'all at all. Yo, Shaqueesha...so I'm standing here telling the po-lees who done it, and they ain't doing shit!"

-Started what, now? "it"? For there to be a crime, I first need a victim. Nobody is really sticking around to help me out on that end. I guess we weren't being pro-active ENOUGH this time?

#4. Douche-bag gawkers "waiting for their ride", and starting shit as soon as our backs are turned.

Meanwhile, trying to shut the inside of the bar down where additional shit keeps starting:

#5. Drunken regular hill-rod townies: "Man, what the hail? We done already paid for that thar beer! Look, man we din't even touch that pitcher! Shit! "

Yet, not a single swing of the billy-club. Just getting all the bodies the fuck out of there.

Does anyone realize how common this is?

Subject the public to these messes, and I gaurantee their tolerance for police RESTRAINT would go way the fuck down.

They'd be more interested in 00 buck-shot and paddy wagons.

Fearless Ukemi
16th March 09, 11:45 AM

% of people currently imprisoned in proportion to the total population is highest in the USA than in any other country.

Just throwing that out there.

Kein Haar
16th March 09, 01:06 PM
That's cuz of the drug bullshit....not because encforcement and prosecution of any other given crime is particularly draconian. Quite the opposite.

Christ, I found someone who was in his 30s and arrested 76 TIMES across like 10 different classes of crimes. And he was still roaming the countryside.

We just arrested someone in his early 40s (a particularly well-known townie who just refuses to move somewhere where the police don't know him) who's been arrested somewhere in the teens or early twenties (lots involving traffic), but what's noteworthy is that he has TWO HOMICIDE *CONVICTIONS*. I guess there were pretty good explanations for BOTH....? But just not QUITE good enough to acquit. Hm.

Again, still out roaming the countryside.

A few years ago I arrested some guy who stabbed someone in the neck with a beer bottle. Ok...it was a bar-fight thing, and the guy lived. Whatever.

30 days later he stabs someone else in the skull with a knife. You think he'd be laying low...?

He's given a meaningful bond (on the second stabbing), and convicted. Sentenced to 6 years. Out in two.

Still out roaming the countryside.

WarPhalange
16th March 09, 02:12 PM
By contrast, what do average prison sentences for drug-related crimes look like, Kein?

Kein Haar
16th March 09, 02:30 PM
Here's my educated guess, because I'm not directly involved in the sentencing and stuff.

It seems like the highest bonds (on warrants) I ever see are involved with drug stuff. Things which are $100,000+

I would venture to say that people in drug sales are more likely to spend time in county during the entire trial procedure because of the high bond amounts.

I would venture to say that arrests for drug sales are pretty organized and documented due to comprehensive undercover work.

As such...

I would venture to say that one is more likely to go to face a conviction of the crime with which you are actually charged (as opposed to pleading to something else).

As such...the odds of going to prison are much higher, because, with the exception of cannabis, possession of a controlled substance is a felony across the board.

But I don't think the actual sentences are as long as people tend to think. They get stuck on the prison population thing, and forget about the revolving door nature of it.

Cullion
16th March 09, 06:00 PM
You expect the CIA to tolerate business competition?

Kein Haar
16th March 09, 06:06 PM
No.

Just look at the U.S. Post Office.

Cullion
16th March 09, 07:35 PM
That's what I'm talking about.

I'm glad to see we still have a few men of clear vision wearing badges.

GuiltySpark
17th March 09, 11:20 PM
Fuck I love Kein's stories.
Don't know how you put up with that shit dude. It's nice being able to put a round between someones feet to show em you mean buisness.

SFGOON
18th March 09, 08:22 PM
Have you never used a taser? They're marvelous!

Cullion
18th March 09, 08:28 PM
stfu noob

nihilist
19th March 09, 12:36 AM

I can see tying a guy to a wall and sticking a stun gun up his ass, but a taser?

It all seems so impersonal.

Kein Haar
19th March 09, 07:38 AM
stfu noob

ya rly.

SFGOON
19th March 09, 07:40 AM
NO WAI

GuiltySpark
19th March 09, 12:57 PM
No, I'd love to. I'm pretty big on singling out the assholes in the crowd and making examples of them.
Of course sometimes that backfires and can instigate the crowd, guess it's all a situational thing.

I hate watching violent protests where assholes throw shit at the cops and the cops just sit there and take it. Always nice seeing the snatch teams break the line charge in and grab the cunts.