PDA

View Full Version : that lemon lime liqure someone mentioned

Robot Jesus
16th February 09, 04:06 AM
makes the lemonade more interesting but less quaffable.

tried to use it in a muscle recipe but the sauce was bitter.

still interesting.

Robot Jesus
16th February 09, 01:20 PM
sorry scrapper, i would have credited you last night but had had too much of your special elixer.

elipson
17th February 09, 07:16 PM
Limoncelo?

Scrapper
17th February 09, 08:04 PM
I told you to use it wisely.

Scrapper
17th February 09, 08:05 PM
You can't use it in sauces, it's damn near pure ethanol!!

Did you give it the full 4 weeks to infuse?

Robot Jesus
18th February 09, 12:47 AM
yes I did
I was counting on the booze to extract some of the alcohol soluble flavours from the tomatoes, I figured that since I was steaming the seafood it would boil off most of the alcohol, and it did. The issue was the bitterness.

although i did alter your recipe a bit. I used a 26 of everclear, pored it our, added the lemon lime and added back all that would fit.

I think I’m going to pour it into a 1 l bottle, juice a lemon and add back as much everclear that will fit.

Zendetta
18th February 09, 01:15 AM
Limoncelo?

Had some (I think) at New Year's. Wow!

Scrapper
18th February 09, 10:31 AM
yes I did
I was counting on the booze to extract some of the alcohol soluble flavours from the tomatoes, I figured that since I was steaming the seafood it would boil off most of the alcohol, and it did. The issue was the bitterness.

although i did alter your recipe a bit. I used a 26 of everclear, pored it our, added the lemon lime and added back all that would fit.

I think Iím going to pour it into a 1 l bottle, juice a lemon and add back as much everclear that will fit.

The zest is important. You must use the lemon and lime zest as well as the juice. I recommend pulling long strips of the zest and dropping them in. the more you use the better it will taste.

Robot Jesus
18th February 09, 11:35 AM
you said peels, not zest. Im starting to think thats the problem.

Scrapper
18th February 09, 02:22 PM
did i really say peel?

WTF?

Well, uhm, I meant ZEST.