PDA

View Full Version : Eight People Arrested in Connection With Michael Phelps Bong Photo

lant3rn
10th February 09, 06:15 PM
Eight people connected to a South Carolina party where Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps was allegedly photographed smoking pot from a bong have been arrested, WIS-TV reported.
Officers from the Richland County Sheriff's Department nabbed seven of the suspects for possession of marijuana and the eighth for dealing, according to the station.
One arrest included the suspected owner of the bong — who wasn't even at the party, but was allegedly trying to sell the pipe on eBay for $100,000, WIS reported.
The record-breaking Olympic gold medalist has not been charged in the case.
But he has lost an endorsement contract with Kellogg's and was suspended by USA Swimming for three months.
The now-infamous picture, published Feb. 2, was allegedly taken at a University of South Carolina party in Columbia back in November, WIS reported.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott has been criticized by those who believe he should focus on other crimes and stop singling out Phelps when other partygoers also broke the law, according to the station.
Lott told WIS he couldn't ignore the violation captured in the picture just because Phelps is rich and famous.
lolwut?
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5014/phelpswaterkr6.jpg

How can you arrest eight people from that party, after it took place, and not also arrest phelps, who is the only one caught on camera smoking?

Sometimes i think you americans are all on crack

Zendetta
10th February 09, 06:18 PM
By being an incredible, grandstanding dickhead, that's how.

Sheriff Lott is notorious dickhead with a bad hard-on for the dangerous crime of cannabis smoking. This is public dick-waving, not law enforcement.

Strange thing about SC drug laws: the paraphenalia (the bong) carries a greater penalty than the wee.

Robot Jesus
10th February 09, 06:22 PM
I will state it once more. there is no valid argument for the prohibition on marijuana.

Zendetta
10th February 09, 06:23 PM
Paging Officer Equipoise.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
10th February 09, 06:30 PM
I doubt the case will get very far. Check this out:

"You had marijuana on you on this day and time."
"No I didn't, prove it."

And that's pretty much the end of the case.

CoffeeFan
10th February 09, 06:30 PM
hmmm... that was pretty stupid of Michael Phelps. I'm sure that endorsement deal would make a nice little retirement cushion

3moose1
10th February 09, 06:36 PM
I'm sure he already has a nice little retirement cushion...

Robot Jesus
10th February 09, 06:36 PM
hmmm... that was pretty stupid of Michael Phelps. I'm sure that endorsement deal would make a nice little retirement cushion

and the stars aline so that swimkata can come into existance

Equipoise
10th February 09, 07:28 PM
As I stated in the other thread, this is a bullshit case. There's is absolutely hogshit for probable cause. They arrested these individuals based upon the picture and so-so informant recollection?

Lawyers are going to have a field day with this.

For the recap of the other thread, here's what's wrong with this:

Impossible to press charges. There's no PC. A lawyer would eat that case alive. There's a lack of evidence. Phelps was pressed into a false confession, the presence of heresay testimony by intoxicated individuals, the bullshit picture would looks vaguely like him at best, the lack of any physical evidence, etc.

Can anyone provide any more data on why/how they got arrested in terms of warrants or anything else of that capacity? If they went on the picture alone....wow.

Aaranar
10th February 09, 07:44 PM
Maybe they got DNA off the bong? Quick, call Horatio.

Equipoise
10th February 09, 07:45 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Dark Helmet
10th February 09, 07:46 PM
I haven' seen this picture. Has it ever been published?

3moose1
10th February 09, 07:48 PM
Maybe they got DNA off the bong? Quick, call Horatio.

Damnit, i hate David Caruso.

David, I promise you, its PERFECTLY okay to speak in a different manner other then the gravelyseriousdramaticismokeapackofmarlbororedsand garglewithwhiskey you are AlWAYS speaking in.

Please, David. Please.

Equipoise
10th February 09, 07:53 PM
CSI has about 5% reality in it. Real CSI is boring and it doesn't always or half the time for that matter lead to a conclusive outcome.

Dark Helmet
10th February 09, 07:56 PM
You mean real CSI experts don't drive around in awesome cars, dress in up-to-date fashions and look as though they just walked out of a hair salon?

Dark Helmet
10th February 09, 08:03 PM
Many Lulz!!!!!

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/b/b9/Christopher_Walken_Pwning_David_Caruso.gif/180px-Christopher_Walken_Pwning_David_Caruso.gif

Zendetta
10th February 09, 08:08 PM
God I hate CSI*. Hilariously retarded when they have the lab geek make the collar.

* except whatsername, that cougar lady.

Sun Wukong
10th February 09, 08:19 PM
This thread are CSI: The Sucking thread.

Equipoise
10th February 09, 08:34 PM
You mean real CSI experts don't drive around in awesome cars, dress in up-to-date fashions and look as though they just walked out of a hair salon?

Nor do they carry guns in any department in South Florida as far as I know as they're not sworn LEO's. I have no idea where they got that action part from. CSI comes in after the crime, does their thing, gives the info to the detectives, they make a warrant or PC memo and then we with CST or SRT nab the guy. CSI never even meets the suspect let alone talk to them.

Sun Wukong
10th February 09, 08:42 PM
BTW, I'm totally on board the "CSI sucks" bandwagon. Fuck CSI. Fuck it's spin offs. The show isn't even that good. Is it just because it's got a relatively low budget that it gets so much air time? How many times does a guy have to watch the same fucking script play out OVER and OVER again.

And what the fuck is it with "CSI: Special Victims Unit"????

Seriously, who wants to watch stories about battered women, rape victims and molested children EVERY fucking EPISODE.

God damn it. Talk about the shameless exploitation of victims of sex crimes.

Show of hands: if you were a rape victim or molested as a child, or even the family or friend of such a victim, would you want to fucking watch a shitty fictional show with cheap theatrics that did nothing but cash on the pain and humiliation of the real fucking thing?

I'm not asking you Lily, I know deep down inside you really liked it.

Robot Jesus
10th February 09, 09:03 PM
I'm pritty sure its law and order:Special Victims Unit

Dark Helmet
10th February 09, 09:18 PM
BTW, I'm totally on board the "CSI sucks" bandwagon. Fuck CSI. Fuck it's spin offs. The show isn't even that good. Is it just because it's got a relatively low budget that it gets so much air time? How many times does a guy have to watch the same fucking script play out OVER and OVER again.It's a show that appels to the lowest common denominator. How else do yo explain a show like American idol looking for the next BIG Nobody who won't become famous. There's enough dumb people who watch that keeps it from being canceled.

And what the fuck is it with "CSI: Special Victims Unit"????

Seriously, who wants to watch stories about battered women, rape victims and molested children EVERY fucking EPISODE.

God damn it. Talk about the shameless exploitation of victims of sex crimes.

Show of hands: if you were a rape victim or molested as a child, or even the family or friend of such a victim, would you want to fucking watch a shitty fictional show with cheap theatrics that did nothing but cash on the pain and humiliation of the real fucking thing?

I'm not asking you Lily, I know deep down inside you really liked it.
You're mixing Law and Order . I know it's fluff entertainment but at least the acting is good and the bad guys do sometimes get away .

Steve
10th February 09, 09:31 PM
I haven' seen this picture. Has it ever been published?

http://images.smh.com.au/ftsmh/ffximage/2009/02/01/phelps_narrowweb__300x401,0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/swimming/eight-arrests-from-phelps-party/2009/02/11/1234028074570.html

Sun Wukong
10th February 09, 09:41 PM
Ok, I did get that wrong: CSI / Law & Order.

HOWEVER, it still sucks righteous schlong.

Equipoise
10th February 09, 10:45 PM
Some L & O is good for the entertainment value. Accuracy wise.... not so much.

WarPhalange
10th February 09, 10:47 PM
Damnit, i hate David Caruso.

David, I promise you, its PERFECTLY okay to speak in a different manner other then the gravelyseriousdramaticismokeapackofmarlbororedsand garglewithwhiskey you are AlWAYS speaking in.

Please, David. Please.

He always has this stupid look on his face like he knows that shit's going down and he knows who's guilty. Ugh.

Anyway, Phelps got caught inhaling smoke from a burning plant in order to feel good and relax. I say he should hang for his sins.

Doritosaurus Chex
10th February 09, 11:14 PM
If anything impresses me about CSI, it's how they manage to conduct their investigations when their lab is light up like a night club.

WarPhalange
10th February 09, 11:39 PM
I love how the actors playing the investigators have to look smart when they are pouring apple juice from one container to another. Even the ones that have stupid NY accents.

Also, they make it look like the fucking bees knees when in fact all that analysis is really tedious shit.

Equipoise
10th February 09, 11:52 PM
Tedious is dead on the money. I love how the AFIS in the show gives an insta-hit of fingerprint matching.

bob
11th February 09, 05:12 AM
The amazing thing is that anyone's surprised that Phelps is a stoner. I mean, does anyone come up with shit like this:

A New York Post account (http://www.nypost.com/seven/08132008/news/nationalnews/phelps_pig_secret__hes_boy_gorge_124248.htm) of Phelps’s… wait for it… 12,000-calorie-a-day diet, gave us a stomachache. Could one human being really consume that much and still be in Phelps’s shape? And could this possibly be healthy for Phelps, even considering his five-hours-a-day, six-days-a-week exercise regimen?
Here’s Phelps’s typical menu. (No, he doesn’t choose among these options. He eats them all, according to the Post.)
Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.
Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.
Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

when they're not high?

EuropIan
11th February 09, 05:17 AM
David Caruso

"We're going to Brazil..."

_sarYH0z948

Also, shit be retarded.

Sun Wukong
11th February 09, 07:35 AM
wow, i never thought I'd see a guy that could over act like William Shatner on prime time ever again.

Robot Jesus
11th February 09, 09:41 PM
i miss Lennie Briscoe

Equipoise
11th February 09, 09:55 PM
Good ol L & O.

WarPhalange
12th February 09, 01:29 AM
"We're going to Brazil..."

_sarYH0z948

Also, shit be retarded.

I wonder if he actually spent time practicing putting on his glasses and looking "cool"?