PDA

View Full Version : Was a scientist jailed for saying Israelis and Palestineans are genetically similar?

Shawarma
9th February 09, 01:25 PM
Had a conversation with someone earlier today who claimed that a Palestinean geneticist had done the math and come to the conclusion that Israelis and Palestineans were so genetically similar as to be identical. I find this pretty hard to believe, considering that the Jews were nomading around the world for about 2000 years before returning to Israel in force. Furthermore, my friend claimed that he was imprisoned for ages by the Israelis who didn't like his implication that they were similar to Palestineans, managed to escape to Britain and was promptly sent back to Israel and moar jailtime. He is presumably still in Israel-jail.
My friend claimed to have seen this on TV a few years back, said it was a headline story in Britain.

This sounds horribly like a conspiracy theory to me. Israel's not such a police state that they need to squash dissent like this as is evident from the existence of free Israeli pro-Palestinean writers and journalists.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? It's the first I ever heard of it.

Stick
9th February 09, 01:39 PM
Strikes me as bullshit.

Israel has it's problems, but I wasn't aware that childish reactions to dubious scietific ideas- Europe had to have SOME effect on the Israeli genome- was one of them.

Domite
9th February 09, 02:19 PM
doesn't matter if it is true or not. The Israelis wear uniforms to fight and don't blow themselves up in crowded markets. If they are identical, then the other folks should start raising their children like the Israeli's do so they don't end up being terrorists.

3/10

fes_fsa
9th February 09, 02:20 PM
aren't both of them semitic people?

EuropIan
9th February 09, 02:23 PM
SHADDAP, YA ANTI-SEMITE!

fes_fsa
9th February 09, 02:23 PM
why don't jew make me?

Aphid Jones
9th February 09, 02:51 PM
aren't both of them semitic people?
Yes, but Semitic is technically only a language category. We tend to make the mistake of assuming that language group defines genetic origin (like thinking all Indo-European Language speakers are part of an "Aryan Race".)

As to the "genetically similar" bit:

Genetic variation within a human population is always greater than the mean variation between two human populations.

So I'd like to see how he gathered his data.

Steve
9th February 09, 02:55 PM
why don't jew make me?

C'mon Ian, she's asking you to gag her with something. Better jump on that or I will.

fes_fsa
9th February 09, 02:57 PM
C'mon Ian, she's asking you to gag her with something. Better jump on that or I will.

that's actually something to worry about...

considering that you're a forum administrator with gag/ban powers.

EuropIan
9th February 09, 03:08 PM
I would gag fes with something smelly and vile.

But only if she said no.

fes_fsa
9th February 09, 03:11 PM
no

*runs*

EuropIan
9th February 09, 03:14 PM
GET BACK HERE, YOU!

*brandishes old mini-fridge*

Steve
9th February 09, 03:16 PM
Ian, I was making an oral sex joke, not sure where you are heading with this...

EuropIan
9th February 09, 03:17 PM
So was I.

Cue yakety sax

ZnHmskwqCCQ

fes_fsa
9th February 09, 03:19 PM
*still running*

EuropIan
9th February 09, 03:23 PM
*yakety sax is still playing*

spz8_rpE0e0

WarPhalange
9th February 09, 05:46 PM
I remember this story, actually. The Illuminati (with the help of Reptillians, of course) helped the man escape to Mars on a magnetic chair. That's why they don't want people actually going to Mars and instead send stupid robots so they can play Tetris in space.

Palestinians and Jews being of nearly identical genetical makeup (srsly: we pretty much all are) would ruin the plan of the Illuminati to have the two sides fight each other and provide millenia of entertainment in the form of gambling to the ghosts of past Illuminati leaders, like Barack Obama (you don't actually think that the REAL Obama is president now, do you?).

Cullion
9th February 09, 06:11 PM
I've seen naturally blonde, blue-eyed Jewish girls on redtube.com, but no blonde blue-eyed palestinians. Also, Steven Spielberg doesn't have an accent, but Yasser Arafat did.

Coincidence? I think not!

Aphid Jones
9th February 09, 06:29 PM
I've seen naturally blonde, blue-eyed Jewish girls on redtube.com, but no blonde blue-eyed palestinians. Also, Steven Spielberg doesn't have an accent, but Yasser Arafat did.

Coincidence? I think not!
Care to slap a NSFW tag on that?

EuropIan
9th February 09, 07:29 PM
mI22t02Ei_Y

fes_fsa
9th February 09, 07:35 PM
ian... you've caught my very heart and soul with that.

B8IXs15HZh0

patfromlogan
10th February 09, 12:41 AM
doesn't matter if it is true or not. The Israelis wear uniforms to fight and don't blow themselves up in crowded markets. If they are identical, then the other folks should start raising their children like the Israeli's do so they don't end up being terrorists.

Gee, I forgot, the Israelis are the good guys.
http://www.hanini.org/Thebonebreakers.html

Israelis used bone breaking back in the late 40's as a terrorist technique and looks like they still like it.

How many American peace activists have to be run over with bulldozers before Nun thinks twice.

WarPhalange
10th February 09, 12:44 AM
Dude, troll job. It's already been pointed out.

All you have to say is "Israelis get money from the US. Palestinians do?" I'm sure if these terrorist cells (or freedom fighters, or He-man woman hating clubs, whatever you want to call them) had tanks and missiles, they'd use them too. Fuck, I am damn sure that if my homeland was invaded I would use the dirtiest and sneakiest tactics I could to drive back the invaders, since I forgot to get the registration on my tank renewed.