PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans

Mr. Mantis
9th February 09, 12:38 PM
Anyone have any contacts with local bands or venues who my be interested in playing with, or having my band play April 8th?
Thanks!
http://www.myspace.com/themiseryjackals

Mr. Mantis
19th February 09, 02:35 PM
Anybody suggest any venues or anything in Louisiana, over to the Florida Pan handle, up into Arkansas? I need a show ideally between Austin and Birmingham, and I'm coming up empty.

Sun Wukong
19th February 09, 02:37 PM
Try "The Dungeon" in New Orleans, I went to college with the owners son. He probably doesn't remember me, but mention his ex-girlfriend "Sharon La Borde" aka "Transformer Girl" aka "Tut" and you might get a gig.

Sun Wukong
19th February 09, 02:39 PM
You could just pretend to be Sharon's cousin and you might get a gig. Couldn't hurt, right?

Mr. Mantis
19th February 09, 04:13 PM
I looked on their web page and they say they don't do live bands, only DJ's. So that place may not be good for us. I actually have a venue, the HiHo, but they won't have us without a local band, and I heard it's in a bad part of town.

I hate dropping names, so I'd rather not do that. I definitely don't want to pretend I'm somebody else.

I kind of thought we'd get a warmer welcome down there, since we have some zydeco flavor in our music. But I'm told the local scene took a big hit with the hurricane and has not recovered yet. We just want a gig somewhere. We don't really want to play in the street, and we want to have a gig to help with our expenses.

Our show the night before in Austin ought to be kick ass, and the one in Birmingham after the hole in our schedule will be awesome too. We're playing with good bands.

Sun Wukong
19th February 09, 04:17 PM
yeah, New Orleans is suffering like hell. The scene there has most certainly NOT recovered, and if anything, has only gotten worse recently.

mrblackmagic
19th February 09, 04:49 PM
My friend burned all my bridges when he dumped his two months ago. One-Eyed Jacks always has a decent crowd. The Tarantula Arm never has a good crowd, but will definitely get you a venue. Try the Blue Moon.

Mr. Mantis
19th February 09, 04:58 PM
My friend burned all my bridges when he dumped his two months ago. One-Eyed Jacks always has a decent crowd. The Tarantula Arm never has a good crowd, but will definitely get you a venue. Try the Blue Moon.He dumped his Ex and it hurt you? That sucks. One Eyed Jacks won't have us. I tried there. The Dragon's Den won't have us because that is Reggae night. Is there a sound system at the blue moon? We are not bringing our own, so we need a venue that has one, or a band to play with that will have one.

Thanks for your input guys. Any other suggestions are welcome, as well as places to play between Austin and Birmingham. We care most about the crowd. It's going to be rough on a Wednesday night, which is why we were shooting for bigger cities.

mrblackmagic
19th February 09, 05:41 PM
He dumped his Ex and it hurt you? That sucks. One Eyed Jacks won't have us. I tried there. The Dragon's Den won't have us because that is Reggae night. Is there a sound system at the blue moon? We are not bringing our own, so we need a venue that has one, or a band to play with that will have one.

Thanks for your input guys. Any other suggestions are welcome, as well as places to play between Austin and Birmingham. We care most about the crowd. It's going to be rough on a Wednesday night, which is why we were shooting for bigger cities.

I couldn't tell you off hand if Blue Moon Does. Here's their website. (http://www.bluemoonpresents.com/contact.html) I'll be in New Orleans next week. I keep an ear to the ground if somebody knows somebody or if somebody knows some where.

Mr. Mantis
21st February 09, 02:45 AM
Thanks man! Let me know. I did e-mail the booking at that site. Still no word back.

Mr. Mantis
26th February 09, 11:05 AM
Well, I finally got a booking in Lafayette at the Artmosphere.

Thanks for all your help guys.

The Blue Moon looked cool, but I see they have a cajun jam on Wednesdays, so, no room for us.

But now we're all good and the tour is totally booked.

Hope to see some of yall on the road.

Mr. Mantis
1st April 09, 12:12 PM
Starting Tour this Friday:

4.03.09 Annabell’s, Akron Ohio w/ Rachel Brooke & the Amazing Rondini Brothers 4.04.09 Molly Malone’s, Covington, KY w/ Rachel Brooke/Wonky Tonk/Frontier Folk Nebraska 4.05.09 The FooBAR, Nashville, TN w/ Rachel Brooke & Dave Smith and the Country Rebels 4.07.09 The Hole in the Wall, Austin, TX /w The Upper Echelon & Clyde and Clem’s Whiskey Business 4.08.09 Artmosphere Lafayette, LA w/ The Palace Sinners & Andrew Patrick David 4.09.09 Speakeasy, Birminghan, AL w/ The Honky Tonk Hustlas 4.11.09 Tootle’s Pumpkin Inn, Circleville, OH w/ Jason Webley! & Evan Harris and the Driftwood Motion
Check it! http://www.myspace.com/themiseryjackals