It gives me a tummy ache.

Cullion
30th January 09, 05:13 PM
It's good in scrambled eggs.

If you don't have any English mustard.

Spade: The Real Snake
30th January 09, 05:15 PM
What is English Mustard.

Is it like regular mustard with.........................

(begin English jokes now)

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th January 09, 05:17 PM
Tobasco is alright but there's much, much better hot sauces. One of them is called Sriracha.

Zendetta
30th January 09, 05:24 PM
Siracha ("Rooster Sauce") is awesome, but different.

Tabasco is one of the most perfect products ever marketed. Best on eggs, potatoes (home fries, etc), pizza, and especially raw or BBQ'ed oysters.

Cullion
30th January 09, 05:27 PM
What is English Mustard.

It's a brighter yellow, a lot hotter and much less sweet than the mustard you'd have on hotdogs (which we call American mustard). I think the stuff you use is based on German mustard.

Oh, and it has crooked teeth.

30th January 09, 05:29 PM
In my fridge I always put the German mustard one shelf above the English mustard so there will be an eternal blitzkrieg in the LG.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th January 09, 05:30 PM
I don't dig the vinegary taste of Tabasco. If more places had something other than Tobasco and an off-brand copy of Tabasco (why do they do this?) I'd probably never have it.

Zendetta
30th January 09, 05:35 PM
fair enuff. The vinegary pop is what Tabasco is all about. Its not like its especially spicy.

elipson
30th January 09, 07:33 PM
Habenero sauce is much better than tobasco.

Zendetta
30th January 09, 07:52 PM
I used to get this really good small-batch organic smoked habanero hot sauce when i lived in N.C. God that stuff was awesome.

Aphid Jones
30th January 09, 07:53 PM
Siracha ("Rooster Sauce") is awesome, but different.

Tabasco is one of the most perfect products ever marketed. Best on eggs, potatoes (home fries, etc), pizza, and especially raw or BBQ'ed oysters.
I agree, Siricha and Tabasco are two completely different things for different foods.

Zendetta
30th January 09, 07:54 PM
totally. I wouldn't put siracha on eggs, just as I wouldn't put tabasco in pho.

Equipoise
30th January 09, 08:16 PM
The vinegar in tabasco makes it gross. I prefer Siracha much more. I also like sweet chili sauces in a variety of things.

Zendetta- Do you remember the different types of BBQ? I prefer the western over the eastern.

Cullion
30th January 09, 08:51 PM
Tabasco is just right to drip into eggs to make them 'warm' for breakfast, but I wouldn't use it on a salad or a barbecue.

CoffeeFan
30th January 09, 08:53 PM
Chipotle flavored Tabasco is the bomb. Absolutely fantastic on eggs and in burritos

MSphinx
30th January 09, 09:05 PM
Habenero sauce is much better than tobasco.

I really like tabasco's habanero sauce. Is what you're referring to a different thing altogether?

Tanhalen21
30th January 09, 09:08 PM
Western Carolina BBQ >>>>>> Eastern Carolina BBQ.

They know how to do that shit in the mountains.

Equipoise
30th January 09, 09:14 PM
I agree 100%

Eastern BBQ tastes like pickled pork.

Steve
30th January 09, 09:41 PM
What, no love for Tapatio? Cholula?

Tabasco is for if the establishment has no other alternative (never buy it for home).

Aphid Jones
30th January 09, 09:51 PM

Tabasco is for if the establishment has no other alternative (never buy it for home).

I have tabasco at home.

this summer we need salsa recipes.

30th January 09, 11:34 PM
So my CTC gimmick thread gets moved into NOM NOM NOM?

I fail at the gimmick thread AND spicy foods.

Robot Jesus
31st January 09, 12:05 AM
hot sauces have different purposes for different foods.

for example if im making buffalo wings, mild is Louisiana mixed with a bit of butter and some garlic that has been lightly cooked in said butter.

but if im turning up the heat then i add a drop or two of daves insanity, but if i don’t also add some tobacco it starts to taste like spicy ketchup i.e. franks red hot. it's all about balancing the butter, garlic, salt vinegar and chilli flavour so you end up with something that is hot enough while still having enough vinegar to keep it crisp without it tasting pickled; same for the salt.

I have an assortment of Mexican hot sauces that are perfect for more flavourful dishes like Italian, or Mexican. they bring the heat with little additional flavour so they don’t turn your marinara sauce into a vinegary mess.

Steve
31st January 09, 12:37 AM
So my CTC gimmick thread gets moved into NOM NOM NOM?

I fail at the gimmick thread AND spicy foods.

Sucks to be you, don't it?

nihilist
31st January 09, 01:17 AM

I buy Tapatio by the quart bottle. Cholula is my second favorite actually.

The only Tabasco I like. (http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/Tabasco-large.jpg)

Steve
31st January 09, 01:32 AM
Heh, we are in absolute agreement (as well as the chipotle Tabasco). The hot sauces I have currently in my fridge:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/IMG_1284.jpg

I unfortunately have no Cholula at the moment. The bottle sorta hidden on the right is Spontaneous Combustion (http://www.hotsauceworld.com/sponcomhotsa.html), one drop will literally nuke any dish, for fun sometimes I drip a bit on a chip and eat it. The endorphin rush from the next 15 minutes of hell is quite satisfying...

Tanhalen21
31st January 09, 02:02 AM
I ate Sriracha with every meal I had today

Steve
31st January 09, 02:19 AM
I usually have either Sriracha or plain cayenne pepper spice on every meal during the week (today I had a salad for lunch, no hot sauce/spice).

Equipoise
31st January 09, 06:51 AM
Chicken & Avocado soup on a cold day with Sriracha is great. You guys should try making your own hot sauces. It's generally cheaper and you can flavor it how you like.

Steve
31st January 09, 07:15 AM
We could pretend to not have a condescending nature too, but that's hard.

Sun Wukong
31st January 09, 08:52 AM
I like Louisiana hot sauce better than tobasco. More rich and flavorful.

Are you trying to pick a fight?

The "Louisiana Hot Sauce" is just generic Tobasco sause.

nihilist
31st January 09, 10:40 AM
Sriracha goes on just about every Asian dish I make and is especially amazing in anything with a soup base.
My other addiction is Big Dan's Sweet Chili Bento Sauce.

Robot Jesus
31st January 09, 12:28 PM
Are you trying to pick a fight?

The "Louisiana Hot Sauce" is just generic Tobasco sause.

louisiana is thicker with a stronger pepper taste

Cullion
31st January 09, 12:31 PM
I usually have either Sriracha or plain cayenne pepper spice on every meal during the week (today I had a salad for lunch, no hot sauce/spice).

You must leave scorch marks when you give head.

Steve
31st January 09, 12:53 PM
Well, you told me what you like.

Cullion
31st January 09, 01:05 PM
You said that the privacy of what happened between us was as sacred as the sanctity of the confessional.

At the very least, I'd expect a little more fucking professionalism for my $25.

Steve
31st January 09, 01:13 PM
Don't worry, I can take your supporting membership away right now.

If you didn't like it, just say the word.

Zendetta
31st January 09, 01:25 PM
Western Carolina BBQ >>>>>> Eastern Carolina BBQ.

They know how to do that shit in the mountains.

I agree 100%

Eastern BBQ tastes like pickled pork.

I don't disagree, but its a little more complex. By "western", I thought you meant texas style, with a tomato base. That's my favorite.

The original NC style/eastern style was just salt, pepper, and vinegar. This is the pickled pork you spoke of.

Later developments added mustard. This is what is popular in south carolina where my folks are. My dad makes an excellent mustard/vinegar BBQ sauce, that is really good on chicken. I've gussied it up a bit (fancier mustard, mostly) and it makes a really good marinade for a pork loin.

That chicken avocado soup sounds fucking great.

I'm rather proud of my tomatillo salsa: I grill shishkabobs of jalapenos and tomatillos, then crush them up with cilantro, onion, salt and pepper, maybe some garlic. It has a really delicious smoky flavor and slow-burn type of heat. REALLY good on chicken, pork, or steak tacos.

Steve
31st January 09, 01:30 PM
Zendetta, keep this up and you'll end up a mod.

Tanhalen21
31st January 09, 02:33 PM
I don't disagree, but its a little more complex. By "western", I thought you meant texas style, with a tomato base. That's my favorite.

Western Carolina style also has a heavier tomato base:

North Carolina sauces vary by region; eastern North Carolina uses a vinegar-based sauce, the center of the state (around Lexington, NC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexington,_NC)) uses a combination of ketchup and vinegar as their base, and western North Carolina uses a heavier ketchup base.

Zendetta
31st January 09, 02:36 PM
Yeah. I like hashed pork with the mustard-vinegar.

I don't think I ever had BBQ when I lived in the mountains... but then again that was in my younger, stupider, more herbivorous days.

Steve
31st January 09, 06:12 PM
That is a fallacy. Having a burning fetish regarding food doesn't mean you can't taste things.

Steve
31st January 09, 07:37 PM
That is exactly my point, only old people have said that hot sauce deadens taste.

You aren't old, are you?

Steve
31st January 09, 07:53 PM
Normal foods? You are living with a Bulgarian and a couple Russians. How do "normal foods?"

And how do I get a sexy Bulgarian icon installed?

Equipoise
31st January 09, 09:10 PM
Western NC BBQ is smokier and sweet. I've also had a few with Chipotle and/or various hot stuff added to it. The Ketchup base makes it sound like people just dump a bottle of Heinz on it with some spices rather than making sauces from scratch. I never really enjoyed the Eastern BBQ style or the SC mustard style unless it's sweet/spicy.

Zend- The C & A soup is Avocado, Rice, Carrots, Chicken and the Sriracha. You put cilantro in at the very end in your individual bowl so it doesn't end up soggy and losing its flavor.

nihilist
1st February 09, 01:00 AM
the sense of taste is much like hearing. go too intense for too long and things get deadened. also, like hearing, you lose some of your ability to taste as you get older. ever wonder why old folks swear by buffets and young people find them bland or awful?

By that rationale fogeyfood would be extra spicy to make up for their supposed desensitized taste buds.

nihilist
1st February 09, 01:02 AM
All I know is, since I have stopped jacking off with sandpaper, the soft supple skin of my hand now provides more intense pleasure

Kiko
5th February 09, 02:14 PM
Don't put habaneros in your ears!

5th February 09, 02:25 PM
Don't put habaneros in your ass!

Kiko
5th February 09, 02:30 PM
Well DUH! and for the love of god WASH your hands BEFORE you pee!

5th February 09, 02:31 PM
Well.....

I mean.....

I just sayin'.

That's all.

Kiko
5th February 09, 02:32 PM
Look if you really want to stick hot peppers into your various orifices, you just have fun, eh?

5th February 09, 02:34 PM
Well, it wasn't my orifice I had intended.

Kiko
5th February 09, 02:39 PM
You keep your peppers to yourself, you maniac!

5th February 09, 03:15 PM
"Put a bottle of Dom on ice and get some ecstasy. I’m gonna come over tonight and put a hot pepper in your arse."

Robert Downey Jr. in Natural Born Killers

Kiko
5th February 09, 06:10 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-air-fresh-fail.jpg