PDA

View Full Version : it's robbie burns day, what are you drinking?

Robot Jesus
25th January 09, 11:07 PM
bruichLaddich 7 year

Steve
25th January 09, 11:22 PM
I'm having an Australian shiraz and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sun Wukong
25th January 09, 11:37 PM
diet pepsi, and a ginger cookie.

Robot Jesus
25th January 09, 11:41 PM
your all a discrase to the scottish ancestry you don't have. oh and this newyears your not alowed to sing aud langs ay

Sun Wukong
25th January 09, 11:43 PM
My ancestry is Scottish. My surname is Scottish at least. Probably really, really watered down like everybody else in the states, but it's there.

Steve
25th January 09, 11:53 PM
My grandmother's maiden name is McClartiy. It stems from the McClaren clan. I have the history of Scotland framed in my living room:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/IMG_1282-1.jpg

Robot Jesus
25th January 09, 11:54 PM
so your discracing ancestry you actually have, good job.

Steve
25th January 09, 11:56 PM
I said I was drinking, what more do you want??

Robot Jesus
26th January 09, 12:03 AM
umm sotch or at least french wine ( traditonaly a patricotic sottish drink because it had to be smuggeled past the english)

Steve
26th January 09, 12:11 AM
Duly noted. I promise to make you proud next year.

Dark Helmet
26th January 09, 12:14 AM
I was mixing my fathers wine with a Merlot wine to improve it.What is this about anyway?

Steve
26th January 09, 12:16 AM
I was mixing my fathers wine with a Merlot wine to improve it.What is this about anyway?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090124.BKROBBIE24/TPStory/Entertainment

Tanhalen21
26th January 09, 01:54 AM
I'm not Scottish.

But Robert Burns is still a badass.

WarPhalange
26th January 09, 01:56 AM
Steve. No. You can't have an awesome avatar like that unless it is you. And I doubt it, you didn't look hairy from any of your pictures. If your avatar is realistic enough (i.e. a guy taking a picture of himself) that people might believe it is you, it better be you. I demand it.

Is it you?

Steve
26th January 09, 01:59 AM
Dude, when I found that pic I KNEW it had to be my avatar. It's not me and I will never be as cool as that man.

Steve
26th January 09, 02:00 AM
He does look like a champion taco rustler though, doesn't he?

Tanhalen21
26th January 09, 02:01 AM
It looks like he must have waxed to get that shape... the rest of his chest looks pretty smooth

Steve
26th January 09, 02:05 AM
I would have shaved, but if you are familiar with waxing your chest...

Tanhalen21
26th January 09, 02:07 AM

I'm Persian

So no

Steve
26th January 09, 02:09 AM
Let me rephrase that: If you are familiar with men that have waxed their chests...

Tanhalen21
26th January 09, 02:23 AM
http://www.gregfelton.com/movies/2007_04_12_Xerxes.gif

Neildo
26th January 09, 02:45 AM
i had a terrible unibroue ephemere that made my body hurt. i just can't make myself like unibroue products. i can handle the strong beer, i think the imperfections unibroue leaves in makes my liver hurt.
i have all the fixings for a pina colada in my cupboards. i'm actually contemplating it.

bob
26th January 09, 02:53 AM

I recently went to an MMA show where the headlining fighter had shaved a smiley face out of his chest hair. I laughed, not many other people found it funny.

It's Australia Day BTW, not Robbie Burns day. And I'm drinking a New Zealand white. Of course.

Steve
26th January 09, 02:59 AM
I recently went to an MMA show where the headlining fighter had shaved a smiley face out of his chest hair. I laughed, not many other people found it funny.

It's Australia Day BTW, not Robbie Burns day. And I'm drinking a New Zealand white. Of course.

A man close to my heart. <3

Scrapper
26th January 09, 08:56 AM
I am going to grab a bottle of Talisker's on the way home from work.

Phrost
26th January 09, 04:21 PM
I want some fucking haggis. :(

Tanhalen21
26th January 09, 04:29 PM
Your cat is a friendly brother
Who'd offer his heart with allegiance
And if he could talk we'd be best friends
The only friend he has is his food bowl
And he bites away at your book hand
For the commendable attention you give him
And you cuddle for a half an hour
And he dreams about his food bowl.

Sun Wukong
26th January 09, 05:01 PM
yss4JdcC6rw

Dagon Akujin
26th January 09, 06:40 PM
I shit you not. My fiancee's mom called yesterday and wanted to know what we were doing for Rob Burns day. We were both like, "What the fuck? Like we know what that is." She said "Oh, your boyfriend is an English teacher and doesn't know who the Scottish Poet Laureate is?" The mom was busy driving off to some party for him. She was like "He wrote 'Auld Lang Syne!" We were still like "What the fuck?"

My girlfriend is German.

Oh well. Now I feel like such a tool.

Neildo
26th January 09, 06:46 PM
lol pwnt

Steve
26th January 09, 06:50 PM
Future mother-in-lawOWND.

Feryk
26th January 09, 07:21 PM
12 year old Macallen. Fuck all of you if you don't appreciate it. Wanted the 18, but we don't have any around here right now.

Tanhalen21
26th January 09, 07:44 PM
Oh, I appreciate^

Feryk
26th January 09, 07:52 PM
I'm glad SOMEONE appreciates a fine Scotch, because apparently the only Scot on the board doesn't.

Feryk
26th January 09, 08:01 PM
At least he had taste in his theivery. Truly a wonderful thing, the 18. Sherry Oak or Fine Oak series?

Tanhalen21
26th January 09, 08:05 PM
At least he had taste in his theivery. Truly a wonderful thing, the 18. Sherry Oak or Fine Oak series?

'Twas the Sherry Oak if I remember correctly

Steve
26th January 09, 08:08 PM
I'm glad SOMEONE appreciates a fine Scotch, because apparently the only Scot on the board doesn't.

Care to point me to where I said anything about scotch?

If it makes you feel better, I'll pick some up on my way home. I persnally don't think that it is something to make a big deal about (I mean what I drink), but anything for you, my good man.

Robot Jesus
26th January 09, 08:28 PM
i had a terrible unibroue ephemere that made my body hurt. i just can't make myself like unibroue products. i can handle the strong beer, i think the imperfections unibroue leaves in makes my liver hurt.
i have all the fixings for a pina colada in my cupboards. i'm actually contemplating it.
Thats because you where drinking ephemery.

you should have been drinking la fin du monde

Equipoise
26th January 09, 08:28 PM
I'm having an Australian shiraz and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Redundant.

Steve
26th January 09, 08:40 PM
Redundant.

Hey, at least I don't keep it in my fridge!

Equipoise
26th January 09, 09:07 PM
True, you don't. Who was it that did that nonsense?

Steve
26th January 09, 09:43 PM
Stick, though he has learned the error of his ways.

Robot Jesus
18th February 09, 12:53 AM
I have a new sotch glenlivet is out, highland park is in.

Kiko
18th February 09, 03:19 PM
I'll be expecting a bottle of, oh, perhaps Bowmore for my birthday. He'll probably get me Glenlivet though. I better drop some hints or just tell the kids...

Steve
18th February 09, 04:10 PM
or just tell the kids...

I can see it now...

*psst* You know that bottle daddy gave you last Christmas, tell him that's what I want for my birthday...

:tongue:

Kiko
18th February 09, 04:30 PM
Eh?

Actually the older one is developing a taste for scotch already. I seem to be training her well.

Equipoise
21st February 09, 07:29 PM
I think you're the first lady that I've talked to who has a taste for Scottish Whiskey. All of it tastes like paint thinner to me.....EQ likes his fru-fru drinks or beer. I drank enough things that I couldn't stand in college due to money...no more.

Kiko
21st February 09, 07:36 PM
To be fair, I like it with more water than most scotch drinkers would allow. I honestly think it's a taste I developed at a very early age. My dad had a decanter with a pump on it. When his drink was down to ice with just a bit of scotch left, he'd ask me to press the top of the bottle twice and bring it back. On the way over, I'd put my finger in the glass and taste it, after asking of course. It was well diluted, but tasted to me like sweet, smoky water. I liked it well enough. I seem to recall that smell and taste are tied to our earliest memories.

So I like scotch.

Equipoise
21st February 09, 08:26 PM
Ahh developmental thing. I was raised on getting screamed at and called various obscenities. That's why I feel at home in a military-esque environment.

And the reason I won't have kids.

Kiko
22nd February 09, 06:51 AM
Mom yelled and sometimes threw stuff, but I've worked on that alot. I sometimes raise my voice, but I keep my hands out of anger.

Truculent Sheep
22nd February 09, 01:53 PM
I have to admit, I really enjoyed punching my brother in the bollocks. Even my mother admits he was that annoying back then.

Cullion
22nd February 09, 02:26 PM
Ahh developmental thing. I was raised on getting screamed at and called various obscenities. That's why I feel at home in a military-esque environment.

And the reason I won't have kids.

You're scared you'd be the same with them?

Robot Jesus
22nd February 09, 10:26 PM
My brother tried to kill me once.

Judo training > officer training

Equipoise
22nd February 09, 10:59 PM
You're scared you'd be the same with them?

That and I don't have the patience nor the desire to spend my money on them. I don't see the purpose.

Robot Jesus
24th January 11, 03:47 PM
how I've moved up in the world

18 year old glenmorangie

NoBowie
24th January 11, 03:51 PM
My brother tried to kill me once.

Judo training > officer training

Some cops in Japan do judo. WHAT THEN?

Robot Jesus
24th January 11, 03:56 PM
that statement was referring to the training officers receive in the Canadian Armoured corps.

NoBowie
24th January 11, 04:11 PM
I am drinking Diet Dr. Pepper.

Ajamil
24th January 11, 04:18 PM
I had an Arnold Palmer at work, then came home and drank cream of mushroom soup.

Robot Jesus
24th January 11, 04:34 PM
robbie burns day is tomorrow.

bob
24th January 11, 04:40 PM
I shit you not. My fiancee's mom called yesterday and wanted to know what we were doing for Rob Burns day. We were both like, "What the fuck? Like we know what that is." She said "Oh, your boyfriend is an English teacher and doesn't know who the Scottish Poet Laureate is?" The mom was busy driving off to some party for him. She was like "He wrote 'Auld Lang Syne!" We were still like "What the fuck?"

My girlfriend is German.

Oh well. Now I feel like such a tool.

I bet Anders knew it was Robbie Burns day.

Adouglasmhor
24th January 11, 05:19 PM
robbie burns day is tomorrow.

It's Rabbie not Robbie. http://www.rabbie-burns.com/index.cfm.html

I am having Tapas and drinking Manzanilla Olorosa or Cortado tomorrow, Burns was an Excise man I think he would have appreciated a decent sherry when he confiscated it from smugglers.

Spade: The Real Snake
24th January 11, 07:00 PM
I bet Anders knew it was Robbie Burns day.
I'll be having a pint of Sieg-Infused, then.

SoulMechanic
25th January 11, 03:29 AM
Grape drank. : (

I get no ass if I fall of the wagon. . . . So she says.

Adouglasmhor
25th January 11, 03:32 AM
Poetry here, read by actors, musicians, artists and public figures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/robertburns/

Midge Ure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/robertburns/works/o_bonie_was_yon_rosy_brier/

Lollius Urbicus
25th January 11, 07:14 PM
I stood in the whisky isle in sainsburys this afternoon debating which whisky to get. I've bought Monkey Shoulder before and have to say its one of the nicer whiskys I've tastes especially if you allow it to breathe for a bit before supping. So I rejected the normal classics like Talisker and Laphroaig and went with the Monkey Shoulder. Very much enjoying working my way through a few thimbles of it.

Toby Christensen
25th January 11, 08:51 PM
I had some whisky recently, but my days of 15 "double whisky over ice, no water" are LONG gone.