PDA

View Full Version : GW BUSH & COMPANY have vacated the white house! Celebration inside.

Sun Wukong
21st January 09, 01:08 AM
Please press play.

dwnqqj5Q1BU

I've realized something today. I can't decide which thing makes me happier: That GW is gone or that Obama is president. Both things make me incredibly happy. Let us not lift our hands in praise that our country has risen above petty prejudices and elected it's first african american leader.

Let us lift our hands and give George Walker Bush the finger.

Dear George Walker Bush,

Don't let the door hit you, where the good lord split you.

Sincerely,
CW Ketchens

P.S. Fuck you George, fuck you very much.

http://www.geocities.com/wabasso/images/Billboard_ad.jpg

A-men.

Tanhalen21
21st January 09, 01:22 AM
It's a hootenanny AND a ho-down.

HappyOldGuy
21st January 09, 01:27 AM
Dear George,

It's not that you were an evil person. You were just out of your depth. You should have been an inneffectual, well meaning 1 termer who moved your party a tiny smidge to the center and looked good speaking spanish on TV. It just sucks that you were at the helm on 9/11, It just showed that you were a useless daddy's boy with the emotional and spiritual depth of a sheet of notebook paper, and exactly the wrong guy to have in charge in a real crisis. Hopefully the historians will treat you kindly and lay most of the blame on Osama for picking on the weak guy. We know you are happier living the life of leisure on your ranch in texas. We're happier you are too. I do sincerely hope you enjoy your retirement.

Steve
21st January 09, 01:30 AM
I've realized something today. I can't decide which thing makes me happier: That GW is gone or that Obama is president. Both things make me incredibly happy. Let us not lift our hands in praise that our country has risen above petty prejudices and elected it's first african american leader.

Let us lift our hands and give George Walker Bush the finger.

Uh, sounds like you made up your mind to me. But I'll add a poll anyway.

elipson
21st January 09, 01:32 AM
Dear Bush,

on behalf of the whole world,

GTFO.

nihilist
21st January 09, 01:34 AM
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to hear or see the Texas Terminator's name mentioned anymore but here it is.

Steve
21st January 09, 01:52 AM
Apparently he hasn't killed enough people.

WarPhalange
21st January 09, 02:34 AM
This isn't good enough. He needs to be punished for the shit storm he's caused. Saying "Well fuck, I dun screwed up. No, really, I didn't mean to." isn't an excuse. Not even if you're president.

nihilist
21st January 09, 02:37 AM
Obama is too much of a limp-dick to prosecute.

Sun Wukong
21st January 09, 03:31 AM
This isn't good enough. He needs to be punished for the shit storm he's caused. Saying "Well fuck, I dun screwed up. No, really, I didn't mean to." isn't an excuse. Not even if you're president.

He will be punished. He'll be canonized in history as one of the worst fuck-ups ever to hold the highest office. He's disgraced the entire republican party. He helped turn the tide against his entire ethos of belief.

He's a pariah among his own people; he's the political version of a leper to all of his largest Senate supporters.

Anyone who dares to praise his name will be looked at with sideways glances for years to come.

I don't share the optimism that many espouse that history will be kind to GW or that he "wasn't that bad". History, after all, is written by the victors, and today, that is everybody who doesn't like or admire GW Bush.

Sure, there'll be revisionists and apologists aplenty attempting to scour the stink off of that man's name and the Republican party by proxy, but the damage has already been done.

Whether or not there will be legal consequences to his actions in office, may or may not happen. It all depends on what laws he violated and what evidence exists to convict him.

nihilist
21st January 09, 03:33 AM
Since you brought this shit up, let's all join hands and watch as we reflect on the deeds of the architects of the housing bubble:

kNqQx7sjoS8&feature=related

Kein Haar
21st January 09, 05:32 AM
I can't wait for his dick (which just HAPPENS to be gigantic and purple) to fuck us in a much more tender and intellectually honest way.

Oh, and he speaks well. Very well.

Sun Wukong
21st January 09, 05:35 AM
^Longs for tender, purple headed, afro man love.

Arhetton
21st January 09, 08:31 AM
reese that video is incredible by the way, where did you find it?

Shawarma
21st January 09, 09:28 AM
Agree with Loops. This is not a happy day - Bush got away with it. Shoulda left the white house in chains or in a coffin.

jnp
21st January 09, 12:15 PM
I knew it was going to be bad when Anne Richards lost to him in the gubernatorial race, but I never dreamed he would become the president. I have disliked that man for over fifteen years. So glad he's gone.

As I sat there watching the rotor blades spool up, all I could think was, "Hurry up and get the fuck out of there so I can stop being embarrassed for my country every time you open your clueless mouth."

Then I had the urge to log on and make a thread about it, but I knew someone else would do it instead.

Bush was born in Connecticut by the way. He's been trying to get Texas to adopt him for decades, but we're never home when he calls for some reason.

I would love it if he was prosecuted for incompetence. Can they do that? Please?

partyboy
21st January 09, 12:22 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2mw7ct2.jpg

HappyOldGuy
21st January 09, 12:59 PM
Agree with Loops. This is not a happy day - Bush got away with it. Shoulda left the white house in chains or in a coffin.

The advantage of not punishing our defeated leaders is that they are less likely to tear up the landscape leaving power. This is the major advantage of democracy, and it is often overlooked.

sochin101
21st January 09, 01:16 PM
Hello, I'm British.

So, anyway, I'm quite pleased, because he can probably find Europe on a map.

The only thing that puzzles me is this: Why the incessant need to refer to his ethnicity at every touch and turn?

It makes it sound like he only got the job because he's black.

HappyOldGuy
21st January 09, 01:47 PM
Hello, I'm British.

So, anyway, I'm quite pleased, because he can probably find Europe on a map.

The only thing that puzzles me is this: Why the incessant need to refer to his ethnicity at every touch and turn?

It makes it sound like he only got the job because he's black.

We're losing two wars, our economy is in the shitter, the last guy took every shred of moral high ground we've ever had, covered it's face with a pillow and drowned it, and there is exactly one good show a week (BSG) on our 150 stations of television.

Not real surprising we're going to focus on the one bright spot.

Plus we don't have royals to amuse ourselves with.

EuropIan
21st January 09, 01:50 PM
_LUtNway9x4&eurl

The most sour of grapes

sochin101
21st January 09, 01:53 PM

We're losing two wars, our economy is in the shitter, the last guy took every shred of moral high ground we've ever had, covered it's face with a pillow and drowned it, and there is exactly one good show a week (BSG) on our 150 stations of television.

So, you're saying his ethnicity, not his suitability for the job is what you're celebrating?

I get the euphoria of GW leaving, but why the "firstblackpresidentObama" in every news broadcast (and two poll options here)?

elipson
21st January 09, 01:55 PM
Have you ever been to the States?

Race issues are kind of a big deal there.

HappyOldGuy
21st January 09, 01:56 PM
So, you're saying his ethnicity, not his suitability for the job is what you're celebrating?

He's very suitable, but noone celebrates the achievements of the captain of a lif boat, and that's his job for at least the next 3-4 years.

The fact that he took office the day after MLK Jr day, was kinda nifty symbolism too.

Mas
21st January 09, 02:09 PM

I get the euphoria of GW leaving, but why the "firstblackpresidentObama" in every news broadcast (and two poll options here)?

They don't even have black people in England so i can understand the miscommunication here.

sochin101
21st January 09, 02:18 PM
Have you ever been to the States?

Race issues are kind of a big deal there.
Yeah, been to the states on 7 occasions.
I'm aware of the race issues.

I'm just struggling the need to mention he's black all the time when A] everyone knows B] We can see he's black.

I never heard Bush referred to as "the 43rd white president" by the media.

sochin101
21st January 09, 02:20 PM
They don't even have black people in England so i can understand the miscommunication here.
We do, we just don't make a big thing about it.
Honestly, most of us barely notice.

3moose1
21st January 09, 02:20 PM

I adamantly disagree with this statement.

Burn Notice, House, and Good Eats are great shows!

Robot Jesus
21st January 09, 02:34 PM
We do, we just don't make a big thing about it.
Honestly, most of us barely notice.

my cousin is finishing her phd in london and their perception is quite the opposite.

Sun Wukong
21st January 09, 02:46 PM
so her PhD is in....????

Robot Jesus
21st January 09, 03:07 PM
english, so it has no bearing on the disscution; at chrismas she mentioned that the preception was that minoraties made up a much larger portion of the prison population that in reality. I didn't ask for studies so she could have been full of shit.

Steve
21st January 09, 03:15 PM

It's mentioned as an aside in one poll option. The reason I mentioned it at all is because the media and Obama himself have mentioned it as something to celebrate and the vast majority of Americans agree. Not being an American might be the reason why you don't understand the importance of the issue.

Shawarma
21st January 09, 03:23 PM
so her PhD is in....????
Applied Racial Purity and Niggerslaying.

3moose1
21st January 09, 03:30 PM
so her PhD is in....????
No clue, but my PhD is in her, if you get my drift ;)

HappyOldGuy
21st January 09, 03:34 PM
I've certainly heard of cigars, but a diploma is a new one.

Yeah, "the line" is that long skinny thing behind me

elipson
21st January 09, 04:01 PM
It's because 40 years ago a black person couldn't even ride on white buses, and 140 years ago they were considered property.

Its cultural advancement. And a pretty big one at that. That an entire society has, in the span of a single generation, gone from treating blacks as second class citizens to being elected president is not something trivial. Societies don't change that fast.

His election is proof of the increasing level of equality in the US between different races. That is why its important.

He wasn't elected BECAUSE he was black, he was elected because the people feel he is qualified for the job. What is so significant is that this feeling of qualification is NOT affected by his being black. 20-30 years ago his campaign would have been a joke because people would have considered him unqualified simply because he is black, regardless of his skill. Today, a persons quality is not, or much less, effected by racial distinctions.

While race relations (argueably) didn't too heavily effect his election, his election has HEAVILY effected US race relations. Hence its attention.

Notice in the run up to the election. Was there any talk of Obamas blackness affecting his ability to lead? No. What you heard instead were discussions about what his election will mean for blacks in the US.

f4n4n
21st January 09, 07:05 PM
You know I think that the fact that his race is an issue is understandable but the best part would be if there could be a black/asian mixed lesbian transvestite as president and nobody would care. That is when race/sex etc. is not an issue.

Lets see how long it takes.

elipson
21st January 09, 07:14 PM
You know I think that the fact that his race is an issue is understandable but the best part would be if there could be a black/asian mixed GAY transvestite as president and nobody would care

Fixed. Lesbians are more socially acceptable than gays at this point due to their perceived hotness.

Dark Helmet
21st January 09, 08:23 PM
What other president or PM went from having the highest approval rating of any leader is of any country to then having the lowest.And once the next Repiblican administration enters into power they'll look back fondly at Dubya's presidency as a model.

Dark Helmet
21st January 09, 08:33 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/85/Retardedness.gif

lant3rn
21st January 09, 08:34 PM

BSG?

Steve
21st January 09, 08:40 PM
Battlestar Galactica

Tanhalen21
21st January 09, 09:01 PM
Why the incessant need to refer to his ethnicity at every touch and turn?

I don't know if you know this but only a few generations ago black people were considered property in the United States. Now one runs the fucking country. I'm not saying it's the reason he's in office or that he's a good president because of it, but it IS a pretty historic event.

elipson
22nd January 09, 12:02 AM
BSG?
Banplz?

sochin101
22nd January 09, 04:55 AM
my cousin is finishing her phd in london and their perception is quite the opposite. Yes. We're all the same.

at chrismas she mentioned that the preception was that minoraties made up a much larger portion of the prison population that in reality. I didn't ask for studies so she could have been full of shit.
no, that's pretty accurate from what I hear.
the difference is that we don't put people in jail because they are minorities... we put them in jail because they are committing crimes.

There's an aspect of that particular situation that maybe it's easier to put someone away rather than look at the root of the problem and solve that.

But hey, maybe we don't notice the minorities coz they're all in the slammer, right?

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:05 AM
It's mentioned as an aside in one poll option.
Poll option three includes it (combining options one and two).

The reason I mentioned it at all is because the media and Obama himself have mentioned it as something to celebrate and the vast majority of Americans agree. hey, no homo, but I think I'm going to LOVE Obama. He understands Islam having lived in Indonesia for four years, he seems like he's genuinely going to try and stop you guys using all the oil up, pull out of Iraq and spend more time sorting out Afghanistan. Then I understand that on the seveth day he'll rest.

Not being an American might be the reason why you don't understand the importance of the issue.
I don't think it isn't that I don't udestand the issue, I just don't understand why you'd elect a man as president and then allow the media to treat him as a novelty.

Steve
22nd January 09, 05:05 AM
Yes. We're all the same.

Just like we are!

Steve
22nd January 09, 05:11 AM
Poll option three includes it (combining options one and two).

hey, no homo, but I think I'm going to LOVE Obama. He understands Islam having lived in Indonesia for four years, he seems like he's genuinely going to try and stop you guys using all the oil up, pull out of Iraq and spend more time sorting out Afghanistan. Then I understand that on the seveth day he'll rest.

I don't think it isn't that I don't udestand the issue, I just don't understand why you'd elect a man as president and then allow the media to treat him as a novelty.

America is a melting pot. Britain is, well, Britain.

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:18 AM
I don't know if you know this but only a few generations ago black people were considered property in the United States. Now one runs the fucking country. I'm not saying it's the reason he's in office or that he's a good president because of it, but it IS a pretty historic event.
I don't know if you know this, but England isn't on the moon.

I don't know if you know this, but I live a few miles from the birthplace of the guy who started the Abolition movement in Britain?

I don't know if you know this, but we abolished slavery in 1807?

I don't know if you know this, but the closest thing to slavery in the UK is perpetrated on minorities by minorities through importing illegal workers and paying them just enough to keep them from starving? Never paying them enough to go back home to Pakistan, China, Iran etc...

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:21 AM
America is a melting pot. Britain is, well, Britain.
Have you seen our immigration law Steve?
It says "WELCOME".

Steve
22nd January 09, 05:24 AM
I said melting pot, not STAND OUT pot.

Steve
22nd January 09, 05:26 AM
Dang, we threw your tea into some water awhile ago and then weren't polite enough to drink it.

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:26 AM
Here's why I think as a nation (not as individuals), as institutions (media etc) that mentioning his race is such a big deal is that America has had such a damaged reputation with regards to equality, you're now jubilant because you can prove - again as a whole, not as individuals - that you aren't racist, because you done put 'one' in the White House.

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:27 AM
LOL. White House.

Any plans to change that?

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:28 AM
Seriously, next you'll be re-releasing Song Of The South because it's not racist now, cos you've elected Obama.

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:29 AM
Dang, we threw your tea into some water awhile ago and then weren't polite enough to drink it.
you'd have drunk it cold and without milk anyway, you damned heretics.

Steve
22nd January 09, 05:31 AM
But at least we kept you from a midafternoon rest.

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:31 AM
I hated Bush, by the way, and wouldn't have objected if the media had referred to him as "red-necked jackass president Bush".

sochin101
22nd January 09, 05:33 AM
But at least we kept you from a midafternoon rest.
Hah... we weren't really resting.. we simply went indoors to plan which country to colonise next.
AND YES! I SPELLED IT WITH AN 'S'.

Sun Wukong
22nd January 09, 05:46 AM
I hated Bush, by the way, and wouldn't have objected if the media had referred to him as "red-necked jackass president Bush".

As would I. It's an insult to the working class to associate them to that coddled, gilded, rich man's son who has probably never seen a real days work in his life.

Steve
22nd January 09, 05:47 AM
Hah... we weren't really resting.. we simply went indoors to plan which country to colonise next.
AND YES! I SPELLED IT WITH AN 'S'.

See, 48 hours ago I would have believed you.

sochin101
22nd January 09, 06:48 AM
See, 48 hours ago I would have believed you.

Steve, I drink Black tea, and as a consequence I can't be racist. I drink it out of a black cup, and there are dark designs in my black soul.

patfromlogan
22nd January 09, 09:20 AM
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I'm so glad YOU ARE GONE!

Sun Wukong
22nd January 09, 04:55 PM
Just in case nobody else could get that song out of their heads after PFL invoked it. Pink Floyd - Wish you were here.

q1moiym6-Nk

Tanhalen21
22nd January 09, 07:05 PM
I just don't understand why you'd elect a man as president and then allow the media to treat him as a novelty.

Right, because we govern what the media does.

sochin101
22nd January 09, 07:56 PM
Right, because we govern what the media does.
You can challenge what they say, if not their right to say it.

You don't have to buy into it.

HappyOldGuy
22nd January 09, 09:25 PM

Or possibly we are complex enough to be able to accept Obama as a symbol and Obama as a president as two seperate things.

There hasn't been a word about the symbol so far tonight on the news. And quite a metric fuckton about Obama as president closing gitmo, appointing two special diplomatic envoys for the middle east and afghanistan, and some of his plans to address the conflict in gaza.

Tanhalen21
22nd January 09, 10:02 PM

There's nothing to really buy into, they're kind of just celebrating the fact that he's the first black president. It's not like it really matters either way.

I don't see the harm, and it's not like it's going to affect how he will be as president

Harpy
22nd January 09, 10:31 PM
Obama is as white as he is black considering his mixed parentage. I find it interesting (and prejudiced) that he's labelled as 'Black'. How fair skinned does he have to be to be called 'white'?

Also, I think the celebrations are mainly due to Bush leaving the White House (though you'll didn't seem to mind his 8 year occupation of the White House) rather than anything Obama is yet to do.

HappyOldGuy
22nd January 09, 10:59 PM
Obama is as white as he is black considering his mixed parentage. I find it interesting (and prejudiced) that he's labelled as 'Black'. How fair skinned does he have to be to be called 'white'?

< 1/8th.

/racist

Tanhalen21
22nd January 09, 11:30 PM
How fair skinned does he have to be to be called 'white'?
Technically if he's at least 1/16th black, he's black.

Sun Wukong
23rd January 09, 02:54 AM
Also, I think the celebrations are mainly due to Bush leaving the White House (though you'll didn't seem to mind his 8 year occupation of the White House) rather than anything Obama is yet to do.

Yeah, that's what will be recorded by history. GW Bush: Horrible orator, two wars, invaded a country by mistake, some torture, thousands of dead americans, a major botched disaster response in an american city, fired some public servants who even mildly disagreed with his political views, disasterous foreign relations, almost impenetrably obfuscative secretive and dishonest dialogue with the public... mostly nobody seemed to mind.

sochin101
23rd January 09, 07:06 AM
Or possibly we are complex enough to be able to accept Obama as a symbol and Obama as a president as two seperate things.
Oddly, I've found those that are anti-Obama (because of the potential changes in taxes) are able to separate the man from the hype easier than those who seem prObama.

There hasn't been a word about the symbol so far tonight on the news. And quite a metric fuckton about Obama as president closing gitmo, appointing two special diplomatic envoys for the middle east and afghanistan, and some of his plans to address the conflict in gaza.
This is what excited me about him... you're finally going to have a foreign policy.

sochin101
23rd January 09, 07:11 AM
There's nothing to really buy into, they're kind of just celebrating the fact that he's the first black president. It's not like it really matters either way.
I think his heritage matters. I'm sure he does, too.

I don't see the harm, and it's not like it's going to affect how he will be as president
Won't harm his credibility if people overseas wrongly assume he got the job because he was black, then, 'cos that's all they've heard about?

Fearless Ukemi
23rd January 09, 12:28 PM
Another day, another executive order. This must be a record.

jnp
23rd January 09, 12:39 PM
I agree with Sochin partly. President Obama's blackness is something of a fad right now as far as the media is concerned. As evidenced by the fact that anytime one of the networks interview a black person lately, they inevitably ask them how they feel about a black man being the president.

I wonder how long the fad will last?

Fearless Ukemi
23rd January 09, 01:25 PM
That's a pretty lame question. What black person is going to answer, "No sir, I don't like it. It sucks" Good journalism is dying.

elipson
23rd January 09, 01:31 PM
Its like ever other meme. It will get old, people will stop talking about it in exchange for something new and interesting and it will be relegated to history.

Shawarma
23rd January 09, 01:33 PM
They should ask that insane black preacher guy who thinks Obama is a satanic sodomite.

Robot Jesus
23rd January 09, 01:42 PM
That's a pretty lame question. What black person is going to answer, "No sir, I don't like it. It sucks" Good journalism is dying.
a funny one

HappyOldGuy
23rd January 09, 01:59 PM

Jesse jackson junior.

HappyOldGuy
23rd January 09, 02:00 PM
Oh yeah, besides wanting his big black dick, I voted for Obama for shit like this (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/23/obama_foi/).

Robot Jesus
23rd January 09, 02:13 PM
He will be the exclusive motivational speaker I hire when my company gets to around 200 employees or so.

open bar i assume?