PDA

View Full Version : Dan Akroyd likes vodka served from "human skulls," just FYI if you ever meet him.

Steve
16th January 09, 01:12 AM
It's true. (http://crystalheadvodka.com/)

Robot Jesus
16th January 09, 02:19 AM
who you gonna call?

Steve
16th January 09, 02:26 AM
who you gonna call?

Vladimir Putin!!

going with the vodka theme, i'd totally want him to take care of business for me

Toby Christensen
16th January 09, 04:37 AM
Either Akroyd has gone quite mad, or is a good businessman.

Or both.

I'm going with both.

Shawarma
16th January 09, 11:50 AM
Drinking skull vodka apparently makes you old, fat, myopic and incapable of landing good film roles anymore. I'll pass.

jnp
16th January 09, 12:23 PM
Drinking skull vodka apparently makes you old, fat, myopic and incapable of landing good film roles anymore. I'll pass.
While your statement made me chuckle, I think that's a pretty funny attempt at viral marketing. He doesn't even talk about the vodka until the clip is almost over.

Feryk
16th January 09, 01:25 PM

If it includes being richer than hell and married to Donna Dixon (former miss USA), then I wouldn't.

Kid Miracleman
16th January 09, 08:27 PM
Apparently some people (http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/368-woo-in-review-crystal-head-vodka.html) think Akroyd's vodka "tastes like acetone."

Aaranar
16th January 09, 09:14 PM
Apparently some people (http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/368-woo-in-review-crystal-head-vodka.html) think Akroyd's vodka "tastes like acetone."

What do you expect from filtered potato juice? Buy a bottle, pour out the soviet sauce, clean the bottle throughly and use it to decant the creature.

Toby Christensen
16th January 09, 09:34 PM

"Hey Dan, I'll give you $25 000 000 to promote our new vodka"
"(contemplating financial and social circumstances) 'Sure'"

He's not being foolish, he's just trying to secure his nestegg.

Kid Miracleman
16th January 09, 11:38 PM
He's not being foolish, he's just trying to secure his nestegg.Being a total woo certainly doesn't hurt, either.

Sun Wukong
17th January 09, 05:31 AM
So.... when did Dan Akroyd lose his god damn mind?

bob
17th January 09, 05:56 AM
He's on a mission from God.

Cullion
17th January 09, 09:52 AM
I thought that was the most entertaining sales pitch I'd listened to for a long time. I wish all attempts to sell me something were done with that much flair.

TM
17th January 09, 12:15 PM
John Cleese's schweppes commercials were quite amusing.

Danny may be fat and old but his house of blues radio program is good. Maybe he's not acting because someone is paying him never to do another blues brothers movie. I know I would. I'd pay him never to play a marine band special 20 again. Maybe if he auditioned with a regular marine band 1896 or a deluxe I'd consider letting him play it in public.

Besides, Danny is still on the outs for flashing masonic hand signs on the old saturday night live program.

Spade: The Real Snake
17th January 09, 12:39 PM
So.... when did Dan Akroyd lose his god damn mind?

He's just so back and forth and all over the map......he's hard to peg.

He'll do crap like My Girl 2, Nothing But Trouble and Coneheads within the same year as doing Chaplin and (well...I liked it) Sneakers.

Steve
17th January 09, 03:18 PM
I thought that was the most entertaining sales pitch I'd listened to for a long time. I wish all attempts to sell me something were done with that much flair.

I have to agree. Reminds me a bit of the first Old Spice commercial that Bruce Campbell did (I've got a thread about it around here somewhere):

Af1OxkFOK18

Toby Christensen
17th January 09, 06:02 PM
Even though Old Spice is excellent, that ad in the barbershop with the "Alpha Male" type annoyed the shit out of me.

Cullion
17th January 09, 06:23 PM

You're a real 'glass is half empty' kind of guy, aren't you ?

Kid Miracleman
17th January 09, 08:48 PM
Fun Fact: Dan is reprising his role as Ray Stantz in the upcoming "Ghostbusters" video game, along with Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, and Harold Ramis.

No word yet if Dan will hock his glorified nail polish remover in the game.

Shawarma
18th January 09, 06:04 AM
You're a real 'glass is half empty' kind of guy, aren't you ?
Just disappointed in Akroyd lately. Changing Places was a really great comedy movie and Akroyd was great in it. Why can't he make stuff that good anymore?

bob
18th January 09, 02:09 PM
Fun Fact: Dan is reprising his role as Ray Stantz in the upcoming "Ghostbusters" video game, along with Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, and Harold Ramis.

He has a double role as the Marshmallow Man too.

Sun Wukong
18th January 09, 04:24 PM
Something else has been bothering me that makes that first video a bit too much for me to stomach. Dan is apparently a conspiracy nut; which I must say is disappointing. It's like finding out the otherwise likable guy is a secret $cientologist.

Tanhalen21
18th January 09, 04:33 PM
One man's conspiracy nut is another man's preacher.

Sun Wukong
18th January 09, 04:36 PM
Conspiracy theories are for people with children's brains. They are sometimes tempting because of the need to believe, but for those who carry on believing far beyond the point of reasoning, I must say I cannot hold any lasting amount of respect for.

Tanhalen21
18th January 09, 04:37 PM
One man's point of reasoning is another man's point of disbelieving.

(Lol I'm trying to be one of those über-relativists and piss you all off... I'll stop now.)

bob
19th January 09, 05:36 AM
Conspiracy theories are for people with children's brains. They are sometimes tempting because of the need to believe, but for those who carry on believing far beyond the point of reasoning, I must say I cannot hold any lasting amount of respect for.

Yes, but you're talking about someone who spends his life pretending to be other people and trying to get other people to suspend their disbelief to share the illusion.

Spade: The Real Snake
19th January 09, 09:45 AM
One man's conspiracy nut is another man's preacher.

"Mother" approves.

Sun Wukong
19th January 09, 04:18 PM
Yes, but you're talking about someone who spends his life pretending to be other people and trying to get other people to suspend their disbelief to share the illusion.

Good point.