PDA

View Full Version : TAKEN

Gezere
8th January 09, 12:04 AM
Well let me say first off, Don't fuck with Liam Neeson!!!

The jist:
Retired Operative trying to build a relationship with is daughter who is now 17. Ex-wife married rich man and they spoil daughter by sending her to Europe. Dad is not happy but gives in. Dad is chastised for having rules for daughter to follow. Daughter doesn't follow rules. Daughter gets abducted the first day. Dad goes to save her.

I liked the movie I wonder why it took over a year to come to the US. Neeson did a good job and the action was better than I expected. It is good enough that I will take the wife to go see it in the theatres.

Mas
8th January 09, 03:03 AM
It does indeed look badass. I always like the heroes who talk real quiet before they enact their vengeance.

I didn't even hear about it, I'm assuming it was released in Europe?

Gezere
8th January 09, 08:16 AM
It does indeed look badass. I always like the heroes who talk real quiet before they enact their vengeance.
Trust me in this movie he is a mix of two JBs, Bourne and Bauer, and I think he does it well.

I didn't even hear about it, I'm assuming it was released in Europe?
It was released in Europe early last year but won't be released in the US until the 30th.

Arhetton
8th January 09, 08:37 AM
I remember that being in australia months ago.

The world has turned on its head!

MrBadGuy
8th January 09, 10:44 AM
Liam Neeson is such a bad ass.

OZZ
8th January 09, 11:06 AM
My wife has a thing for Liam ..
He is pretty damn cool;Rob Roy is a great flick. My brother in law somehow managed to get this "TAKEN" movie off the computer already so I have it at at home but have not watched it yet. Likely will this weekend..if it is as good quality as the copy of Gran Torino he downloaded then I'll be happy.

Edit: Oh, since it was already out in Europe I guess getting it online is no big deal eh..

Steve
13th January 09, 10:02 PM
I'm about 14 minutes into this and it's already sucked me in, Liam is indeed the man.

OZZ
13th January 09, 10:11 PM
Long Live Robert Roy Macgregor !!

EuropIan
13th January 09, 11:21 PM
30 minuttes in.

Liam is gonna have to choke a bitch, oh yes.

Steve
13th January 09, 11:30 PM
Hour in and THERE IS HELL TO PAY.

Steve
13th January 09, 11:57 PM
haHA, FUCK YOU STEWART!

Film was pretty damn good!

Neildo
15th January 09, 07:23 AM
Agreed, movie was awesome. i want to watch it again.

OZZ
17th January 09, 12:17 AM
Just watched it..Liam's a wrecking machine.

Neildo
17th January 09, 01:54 AM
Watched it again. Some of the shootouts seem a little improbable (like the construction site scene, how did he or the girl not get hit by all that automatic weapons fire? jeep cherokees are not bulletproof) but some are just awesome (red door apartment scene). his H2H was fun to watch too, any idea what he was using? looked like some krav or some shit, all super fast and strikes to areas like throat and groin.

MrBadGuy
17th January 09, 02:09 AM
Dude, it was like judo chop central.

That, and slamming peoples heads into stuff. Or slamming peoples heads with stuff.

Steve
17th January 09, 02:56 AM
I'm sure some of his Batman training came into it.

EuropIan
17th January 09, 08:05 AM
So many knife-edge chops to the throat.

Lol

OZZ
17th January 09, 11:24 PM
Let's face it guys..it was a bit much in many places. But it was still fun to watch him beat on those Euro Trash scumbags.

Neildo
18th January 09, 11:23 AM
dude i wanna watch it again.

partyboy
18th January 09, 12:31 PM
lol, that bridge scene was the tits

some things to take away from this movie:
- neeson is still a badass
- no matter how much money you have, don't fuck with his family
- stay off his lawn

edit: and LOL @ the boondocks saints-esque jumping-behind-the-couch-to-avoid-automatic-gunfire scene

Spade: The Real Snake
18th January 09, 12:57 PM
So we have Excaliber/Kingdom of Heaven training, Batman training, Jedi training and Darkman training.

This movie looks awesome.

EuropIan
20th January 09, 11:29 AM
One minus: no training montage.

20th January 09, 12:17 PM
Didn't Team America render that obsolete?

EuropIan
20th January 09, 12:28 PM
No, they just explained why they are awesome

JohnnyCache
16th February 09, 01:58 PM
"Apologize to your wife for me"

LOL

Halfrican
16th February 09, 03:23 PM
"You don't remember my voice? I told you I'd find you"

Question!
17th February 09, 01:21 AM
Movie was alright although Liam Neeson was about as subtle as a hammer, storyline like something straight out of the 80s.

Anyone think Michael Westen from Burn Notice could have handled the situation better and with more style?

Neildo
17th February 09, 03:25 AM
Luc Besson wrote this one.

oh wow, somehow i missed that. no wonder this movie is so good, luc besson writes movies i seem to be able to enjoy again and again. lets review:

All three Transporter movies
unleashed/danny the dog
district 13
kiss of the dragon
5th element
la femme nikita (both french and american versions, AND episodes for the crappy tv show)
Leon the Professional

dude.

Luc besson fucking rules.

Halfrican
17th February 09, 03:39 AM
5th element blew ass

Neildo
17th February 09, 03:42 AM
yeah it's pretty dumb but i'll still watch it again.

17th February 09, 08:08 AM
oh wow, somehow i missed that. no wonder this movie is so good, luc besson writes movies i seem to be able to enjoy again and again. lets review:

All three Transporter movies
unleashed/danny the dog
district 13
kiss of the dragon
5th element
la femme nikita (both french and american versions, AND episodes for the crappy tv show)
Leon the Professional

dude.

Luc besson fucking rules.
The "Taxi" movies don't make the list?

And anyone have any word on the Banlieue 13 sequel?

partyboy
17th February 09, 08:36 AM
5th element blew ass

I think this is the worst post you've ever made.

Halfrican
17th February 09, 12:53 PM
What do you think was good about it? It was one of the worst sci-fi movies I've ever seen. It had some of the worst special effects, dumbest villain, dumbest bad guys who looked gay. Chris Tucker was retarded also, the only thing this movie had going for it was Bruce Willis.

It's hard to believe that the director from The Professional was responsible for this nonsense.

Phrost
17th February 09, 02:07 PM
It was a fun popcorn movie; not supposed to be Asimov-quality SciFi.

Shawarma
17th February 09, 02:11 PM
Agree with Halfrican. Guess he was intrigued at the prospect of having a sci-fi flick to his name. It was made of utter, utter fail, though.

Neildo
17th February 09, 02:24 PM
but, bruce willis! anybody else wanna negotiate?

i haven't seen any of the taxi movies. didn't one have like queen latifah and jimmy fallon? wack yo.

EuropIan
17th February 09, 02:37 PM
That was the American version of the Taxi movie, it was fail.

You know of the problems that can occur with Americanized versions.

I would suggest the first Taxi, you should be able to find one with subtitles.

partyboy
17th February 09, 02:50 PM
I could go into how awesome of a camp sci-fi flick the 5th element was for its time but I'll just answer all the hate with 2 words:

"milla naked"

Shawarma
17th February 09, 02:55 PM
Far as I can recall, she wasn't actually ever fully naked on-screen. She was just wearing that skimpy toilet paper outfit for the entirety of it.

EuropIan
17th February 09, 03:01 PM
Pre-white wrapping AFAIR

Zendetta
17th February 09, 04:17 PM
Agree with Halfrican. Guess he was intrigued at the prospect of having a sci-fi flick to his name. It was made of utter, utter fail, though.

Dammit. I agree with Shawarma and Halfrican: 5th Element was Krap.

EuropIan
17th February 09, 04:27 PM
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
and other science facts (la la la),
Then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show,
I should really just relax"

Steve
17th February 09, 04:31 PM
Fuck you guys, the car chase scene in 5th Element kicked ass as did the rest of the film, esp for being a comedy/action/scifi movie (and how many people got the balls to make a movie like that to begin with?).

17th February 09, 06:43 PM
Fifth Element = President Zeus.

My work here is done.

Zendetta
17th February 09, 08:15 PM
Who, that big black dude? President Camacho could kick his ass.

Neildo
18th February 09, 03:47 AM
oh man i would pay to see that spinoff.

18th February 09, 10:28 AM
Who, that big black dude? President Camacho could kick his ass.

Not true.

President Camacho got his ass kicked in ping-pong by the dude in FanBoys, only to have the chick from Talk Soup put a poison dart in his ass.

Zendetta
18th February 09, 06:09 PM
THat was an actor playing President Camacho. Jeez!

18th February 09, 06:22 PM
You mean Dax Shepherd isn't a Costco educated lawyer and a spaceman that likes Dagwood sandwiches?

Zendetta
18th February 09, 09:03 PM
SHUT UP!!!

Ow! My Balls! is coming on!

18th February 09, 11:31 PM
I like having sex with chicks.

Zendetta
19th February 09, 11:39 AM
LOL. Fish can't see the water.

Idiots can't see the Idiocracy.

Harpy
19th February 09, 04:33 PM
Chicks are ok, but they can be kind of low class. I like having sex with princesses.

NoB talking about class...tell your princess that I can see yoghurt coming out of her armpits.

OZZ
20th February 09, 12:11 PM
I like having sex with chicks.

That's funny you should say that, because chicks like having sex with me.
Tremendously..

EuropIan
20th February 09, 01:25 PM
http://trailrides.homestead.com/baby_chick.jpg
That's right, come to daddy...

Sicko

20th February 09, 01:35 PM
Yeah....but not like I do.

Neildo
20th February 09, 04:18 PM
yeah i totally get a broner when i think about this movie. the half-naked captive teens keeps me feeling hetero (you know those girls are all 18, it's hollywood)

when he's punching the shit out of that guy in the cab outside of the airport, i giggle like a little girl. sometimes, there's a tear in my eye.

Halfrican
20th February 09, 06:03 PM
My favorite part was the butler who just smiles, and gets karate chopped in the throat and TKO'd.

Harpy
22nd February 09, 07:34 PM
The movie was a little too feel good for me. Liam Neeson in that role reminds me just of my dad.

The movie comes across as a message about female worth in the hands of men, how a girl's virginity is to be 'prized', the fragility of a woman's reputation and how men can buy and sell a woman's self-esteem so nonchalantly, its like some throwback to the Dark Ages. Plus the fact that only a man can save her (albeit her father) is a little corny and we're all made to feel relief that Kim remains a virgin.

My favourite part is where Liam shoots Frenchie's wife. Awesome.

thatrugbyguy
22nd February 09, 07:56 PM
The movie comes across as a message about female worth in the hands of men, how a girl's virginity is to be 'prized', the fragility of a woman's reputation and how men can buy and sell a woman's self-esteem so nonchalantly, its like some throwback to the Dark Ages. Plus the fact that only a man can save her (albeit her father) is a little corny and we're all made to feel relief that Kim remains a virgin.

I guess art is just imitating life again.

Harpy
22nd February 09, 07:58 PM
I'm sending my dad after you.

thatrugbyguy
22nd February 09, 08:53 PM
Don't I get to kidnap some adolescents first?

Sun Wukong
22nd February 09, 10:32 PM
Plus the fact that only a man can save her (albeit her father) is a little corny and we're all made to feel relief that Kim remains a virgin.

Well Jesus, Vagisaurous-Rex, it's just a movie. See, this is why women shouldn't be allowed in theaters.

22nd February 09, 10:41 PM
Well Jesus, Vagisaurous-Rex, it's just a movie. See, this is why women shouldn't be allowed in theaters.

Yes they should.

Men need to send SOMEONE to the concession stand for a refill of popcorn.

partyboy
22nd February 09, 10:59 PM
you guys have got me all hot and bothered for this movie again.. I think I'm going to go rock myself to sleep while listening to liam's sultry monologue near the beginning, right now

Harpy
22nd February 09, 11:02 PM

Aren't you the clever one. My dad's going to visit you too.

Oh, and free Tibet!!!

Sun Wukong
23rd February 09, 01:07 AM
you could, you know, at least try to be clever.

Neildo
23rd February 09, 01:45 AM
Yeah. you'll have to try much harder to get a rise out of Sun Wukong.

oh, you could try threatening his pretty little asian wife. you can bet he'd go all liam neeson on your ass. maybe throw a little rob roy in there considering hes a big old cracka.

Neildo
23rd February 09, 01:48 AM
this is what you get for pussing out an not coming to my party, chris. a shot of whiskey would have been good for you.

Harpy
23rd February 09, 06:25 AM
I seriously think i could beat the crap out of Sun with my hands tied behind my back.

Anyway, you wouldn't have wanted to catch the superbug from Sun would you Neildo?

Sun Wukong
23rd February 09, 12:37 PM
oh god, more internet taunting from austrailians.

So, uh, you're like the female version of "Hannibal" now. Good, good.

Ode to Lily:

Three women meet at a Women liberation Seminar, One Australian, One American, One English. Two weeks after the Seminar they met and had coffee, the American woman say's " when I got home I told my husband that I was no longer doing the washing all the time. On the first day I didn't see anything, on the second day I didn't see anything but on the third day I noticed my husband starting to help out with the washing.

The English woman said " Wow I did the same thing, I said to my husband that I was no longer going to do the ironing all by myself, on the fist day I didn't see anything, on the second day I didn't see anything, but on the third day he got the ironing board out and started ironing"

The Australian woman said " Well when I got home I said to my husband that I was not going to do the cooking all the time and on the first day I didn't see anything and on the second day I didn't see anything but on the third day I could just start to see out of my left eye. !!!!

23rd February 09, 12:50 PM
oh god, more internet taunting from austrailians.

So, uh, you're like the female version of "Hannibal" now. Good, good.

Ode to Lily:

Three women meet at a Women liberation Seminar, One Australian, One American, One English. Two weeks after the Seminar they met and had coffee, the American woman say's " when I got home I told my husband that I was no longer doing the washing all the time. On the first day I didn't see anything, on the second day I didn't see anything but on the third day I noticed my husband starting to help out with the washing.

The English woman said " Wow I did the same thing, I said to my husband that I was no longer going to do the ironing all by myself, on the fist day I didn't see anything, on the second day I didn't see anything, but on the third day he got the ironing board out and started ironing"

The Australian woman said " Well when I got home I said to my husband that I was not going to do the cooking all the time and on the first day I didn't see anything and on the second day I didn't see anything but on the third day I could just start to see out of my left eye. !!!!

So the first dame got socked in the lip and the second got socked in the nose? You need to be more explicit.

Sun Wukong
23rd February 09, 01:02 PM
this is what you get for pussing out an not coming to my party, chris. a shot of whiskey would have been good for you.
I'm sorry dude, i totally didn't mean to duck out on you. I even got express permission from the Mrs's to stay out all night (rare) but I just couldn't do it man. I had a copy of Street Fighter IV, in the living room all weekend but couldn't manage to play more than 20 minutes of it.

My allergies are particularly bad this spring for some reason.

Halfrican
23rd February 09, 01:12 PM
I seriously think i could beat the crap out of Sun with my hands tied behind my back.

Anyway, you wouldn't have wanted to catch the superbug from Sun would you Neildo?

Feminists always go a little bit too far and start thinking they can kick man ass. And then when we go a little bit too far and crack their cheekbone, EVERYBODY OVER REACTS!

Sun Wukong
23rd February 09, 01:27 PM
Luckily for Lily, I take Gong Sau's from people living on the opposite side of the planet about as seriously as I would take them from fat chicks in general. Not that I would willingly hit a woman, because hitting women just isn't my thing.

Not even the fat ones, Lily you fat, fat, fatty mac blimpo.

Oh, the ones with low self esteem are such easy targets. You know what they say Lily, "Don't throw rocks..."

23rd February 09, 01:28 PM
Luckily for Lily, I take Gong Sau's from people living on the opposite side of the planet about as seriously as I would take them from fat chicks in general. Not that I would willingly hit a woman, because hitting women just isn't my thing.

Not even the fat ones, Lily you fat, fat, fatty mc-plimpo.

Oh, the ones with low self esteem are such easy targets. You know what they say Lily, "Don't throw rocks..."

Dude, you should totally take her up on it.

How often do you get to smack a woman what ain't yer wife?

Unless your buddy is feeling generous and lets you smack around his old lady for a bit.

Sun Wukong
23rd February 09, 01:45 PM
You make a good point. Sometimes when I'm not beating my wife I read poetry to her:

Violets are blue, Roses are red; It's time to kick a bitch in the head.

23rd February 09, 01:54 PM
You make a good point. Sometimes when I'm not beating my wife I read poetry to her:

Violets are blue, Roses are red; It's time to kick a bitch in the head.

softie

Kiko
23rd February 09, 02:04 PM
http://engrishfunny.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/engrish-funny-kidnapping.jpg