PDA

View Full Version : Why you shouldn't talk during the movie....

boondock lee
28th December 08, 12:09 AM
-- A man angry that a family was talking during a movie threw popcorn at the son and then shot the father in the arm, according to police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/CRIME/12/27/movie.shooting/art.cialella.philadelphia.pd.jpgJames Joseph Cialella was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons charges.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/base_skins/baseplate/corner_wire_BL.gif

James Joseph Cialella, 29, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons violations, a police report said.
Cialella told the family sitting in front of him in the theater on Christmas Day to be quiet, police said.
An argument ensued while others at the Riverview Movie Theatre watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.
Cialella then approached the family from the left side of the aisle and shot (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Shootings) the father, who was not identified, as he was standing between Cialella and his family, according to the police report.
The victim was taken to Jefferson Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left arm, police said.
Cialella was carrying a Kel-Tec .380-caliber handgun clipped inside his sweatpants, police said. He was arrested and taken into custody.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/27/movie.shooting/index.html

What's with gun owners hiding their guns in sweatpants now? Is it a new fashion trend?

Gun hidden in Sweatpants. Comfortable and deadly.

Nevertheless, nice to see the 2nd amendment held by the fine citizenry of the USA being put such good use........Without firearms that no good noisy family would have continued blabbing on during the movie.

Now they know better.

Tanhalen21
28th December 08, 12:30 AM
Holy shit

WarPhalange
28th December 08, 04:59 AM
I take it the movie wasn't very good then.

elipson
28th December 08, 05:47 AM
Bet they won't talk much during a movie ever again.

Now if he had been wearing that piece openly, the family would have been too afraid - I mean- respectful of the guy to have been talking.

Fearless Ukemi
28th December 08, 07:20 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/27/movie.shooting/index.html

What's with gun owners hiding their guns in sweatpants now? Is it a new fashion trend?

Gun hidden in Sweatpants. Comfortable and deadly.

Nevertheless, nice to see the 2nd amendment held by the fine citizenry of the USA being put such good use........Without firearms that no good noisy family would have continued blabbing on during the movie.

Now they know better.

Why make this about the second amendment? My aunt is dead and my uncle is in the critical condition thanks toa drunk driver and I'm not crying for prohibition. Jesus fucking Christ, get a grip son.

Shawarma
28th December 08, 07:38 AM
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!1111

EuropIan
28th December 08, 08:47 AM
Why make this about the second amendment? My aunt is dead and my uncle is in the critical condition thanks toa drunk driver and I'm not crying for prohibition. Jesus fucking Christ, get a grip son.
Because that's different.

Even though that sucks immensely.

partyboy
28th December 08, 09:07 AM
Duh... They were zombies

Fearless Ukemi
28th December 08, 09:30 AM
Because that's different.

Even though that sucks immensely.

Why ban things and fuck shit up for the majority of responsible citizens, all on account of a few scumbags? That's just as asinine as the religious fanatics you all make fun of who want to ban everything they don't agree with. When it comes to firearms, it isn't any different. I bet this guy wasn't even packing legally, and if he was, he won't be any longer.

What has our government effectively handled lately that they should be owning all the firearms? How have they acted any different than the criminals who will still have guns regardless?

Craigypooh
28th December 08, 09:41 AM
The moral of this story is if you want to be loud and obnoxious in a cinema then you should carry gun and have your family all wear bullet proof vests.

Craigypooh
28th December 08, 09:44 AM
I take it the movie wasn't very good then.

Of course it was a good movie, what sort of idiot would shoot someone for ruining a bad movie?!

EuropIan
28th December 08, 09:47 AM
Why ban things and fuck shit up for the majority of responsible citizens, all on account of a few scumbags? That's just as asinine as the religious fanatics you all make fun of who want to ban everything they don't agree with. When it comes to firearms, it isn't any different. I bet this guy wasn't even packing legally, and if he was, he won't be any longer.

What has our government effectively handled lately that they should be owning all the firearms? How have they acted any different than the criminals who will still have guns regardless?
My point is Neglegence vs. intent to harm. While the drunk driver was negligent (this does not excuse him he's still a pathetic asshole), this guy had the intent to harm/kill

The underlying thing is for all the talk about responsibility, some people aren't responsible/mature enough to own a handgun.

This is an example of such.

Fearless Ukemi
28th December 08, 09:52 AM
My point is Neglegence vs. intent to harm. While the drunk driver was negligent (this does not excuse him he's still a pathetic asshole), this guy had the intent to harm/kill

The underlying thing is for all the talk about responsibility, some people aren't responsible/mature enough to own a handgun.

This is an example of such.

Ok, but the TS brought up the 2nd Amendment. Instead of fucking it up for everyone, why don't we just stick with keeping those who aren't responsible or mature enough from legally owning guns?

Craigypooh
28th December 08, 09:55 AM

Some people aren't responsible/mature enough to own scissors.

EuropIan
28th December 08, 10:00 AM
Ok, but the TS brought up the 2nd Amendment. Instead of fucking it up for everyone, why don't we just stick with keeping those who aren't responsible or mature enough from legally owning guns?
I am all for this.

It's been a long time since I wanted to abolish the 2nd amendment.

I realized what I really wanted was more control.

But this is incredibly difficult to do right.

EuropIan
28th December 08, 10:04 AM
Some people aren't responsible/mature enough to own scissors.
Some people aren't responisble/mature enough to own a car.

etc etc.

The point is guns are far more dangerous in the hands of the wrong person than scissors.

Doritosaurus Chex
28th December 08, 11:08 AM
Of course it was a good movie, what sort of idiot would shoot someone for ruining a bad movie?!

Opinions. Judging by the mugshot, that guy looks like he enjoyed watching Meet The Spartans.

EuropIan
28th December 08, 11:11 AM
Opinions. Judging by the mugshot, that guy looks like he enjoyed watching Meet The Spartans.
This is relevant to the criteria for gun ownership.

Equipoise
28th December 08, 11:25 AM
Maybe people will stop ruining movies now.

Wounded Ronin
28th December 08, 12:29 PM
The moral of this story is if you want to be loud and obnoxious in a cinema then you should carry gun and have your family all wear bullet proof vests.

Dude, he was shot in the arm.

Craigypooh
28th December 08, 01:06 PM
Dude, he was shot in the arm.

Can you get bullet proof sleeves?

Equipoise
28th December 08, 01:13 PM
We have Tactical L3 & L4 armor's that shield the outer portions of the arms, the neck, legs and groin, but not the forearms or brachial areas.

The vests are also like 30+ lbs.

Craigypooh
28th December 08, 01:56 PM
We have Tactical L3 & L4 armor's that shield the outer portions of the arms, the neck, legs and groin, but not the forearms or brachial areas.

The vests are also like 30+ lbs.

How comfortable are they for everyday cinema wear?

Quikfeet509
28th December 08, 02:38 PM
Solution to obesity - make everyone lug around 30+ tactical armor.

Step 1. Create the public's desire to wear armor with random incidents of gun violence. - check
Step 2. Pass legislation that allows more people to carry, which will increase the public's fear of more gun violence - in progress
Step 3. Purchase stock in companies that manufacture and sell body armor - in progress
Step 4. Wealth + decrease in obesity

Equipoise
28th December 08, 02:43 PM
Your logic is flawed as you haven't taken into account people suing body armor companies for not making XXXXXXXL models.

EuropIan
28th December 08, 02:45 PM
AN ARMORED SOCIETY IS A SKINNY AND POLITE SOCIETY .

Aphid Jones
28th December 08, 02:50 PM
Your logic is flawed as you haven't taken into account people suing body armor companies for not making XXXXXXXL models.
They just have to make Kevlar vests with velcro on the sides so you can stick on as many as your obese ass may need.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th December 08, 04:16 PM
do they come in slim cuts?

WarPhalange
28th December 08, 05:40 PM
No, but they come in hot pink, which should be enough for you.

Tanhalen21
28th December 08, 05:42 PM
MJS needs a kevlar miniskirt for when he's working the streets.

He's gotta protect his assets.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th December 08, 05:48 PM
You mean they don't make kevlar leggings? I was going to pair them with my kevlar dress and kevlar headband, maybe a pair of flats, I thought it would have been cute.

elipson
28th December 08, 06:01 PM
Hahahaha this thread became awesome.

Equipoise
28th December 08, 06:17 PM
You can get kevlar anything. But it won't necessarily stop you from dieing or bullet wounds.

Argentinians don't need body armor anyway....it's not like they do anything manly enough to get shot at.

Tanhalen21
28th December 08, 06:36 PM
You mean they don't make kevlar leggings? I was going to pair them with my kevlar dress and kevlar headband, maybe a pair of flats, I thought it would have been cute.

Kevlar protects against gunshots, but does it protect against cumshots?

BADUM PSH

Tanhalen21
28th December 08, 06:37 PM
God, I feel so dirty now.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th December 08, 06:57 PM
So it turns out that they do make kevlar leggings. They are definitely NOT cute though.

Tanhalen21
28th December 08, 07:02 PM
Pics plz

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th December 08, 07:04 PM
http://www.safetysolutions.com/retail/safety_ppe_itemdetail.asp?itemnum=09800301010
it's just not what i was looking for at all

Tanhalen21
28th December 08, 07:05 PM
NOT SEXY

Equipoise
28th December 08, 07:54 PM
Are they for wading through a swamp or what? They aren't armor rated meaning they haven't been tested for rounds.

WarPhalange
28th December 08, 08:18 PM
What about squares or triangles? Have they been tested for those?

bob
28th December 08, 08:24 PM
Are they for wading through a swamp or what? They aren't armor rated meaning they haven't been tested for rounds.

I'm guessing they're for some kind of construction or demolition work.

bob
28th December 08, 08:26 PM
What about squares or triangles? Have they been tested for those?

You have officially lost all right to accuse Reese of having a 3rd grade sense of humour.

WarPhalange
28th December 08, 08:32 PM
I learned about shapes in kindergarten. But I guess the Australian schooling system is different.

Tanhalen21
28th December 08, 08:34 PM
In Australia a square has 3 sides and a triangle has 4

bob
28th December 08, 08:35 PM
Our shapes are all the same, except the circles and squares are upside down.

WarPhalange
28th December 08, 08:47 PM
In Australia a square has 3 sides and a triangle has 4

In Soviet Russia, shapes side you!

Equipoise
28th December 08, 10:04 PM
Looks like we've gone into the realm of the Non-Euclidean Splatterjoust.

Gbemi
29th December 08, 10:13 AM
I just saw this movie with my wife, and reading this article got me thinking; Why would a gun toting guy elect to see this flick on his own or with his boyz?
He seems a bit too gangsta to just decide to see this film of his own accord.... its one of those movies you spend $12 (each ticket plus popcorn) to see because your lady wants to, not because you want to. Was he with his lady friend? Is his lady friend impressed by such acts of bravado? Or is the cat compensating? I'm just saying. How much trouble do you expect to get into going to see The curious case of Benjamin Button that you gotta pack?
Then again, (spoiler) a red haired Kate Blanchett does an fantastic ballet version of the dance of Solome, trying to seduce Mr. Button. Ruining such a moment may indeed be 'bust a cap in yo azz' worthy.

Tanhalen21
29th December 08, 10:30 AM
$12 (each ticket plus popcorn)
What?

Gbemi
29th December 08, 10:34 AM
What?

Here is a theater close to me. Click on 'get tickets' to see how much they cost.
http://www.moviefone.com/theater/bam-rose-cinemas/545/showtimes

I assumed ticket prices were universal. Is this not the case in Boston?

EuropIan
29th December 08, 10:34 AM
Gun- killed the cinema-star

sochin101
29th December 08, 10:57 AM
Our shapes are all the same, except the circles and squares are upside down.
And poisonous. Everything is poisonous.
Or bitey.
Or both.

boondock lee
29th December 08, 02:00 PM
How comfortable are they for everyday cinema wear?

style and protection.

http://www.miguelcaballero.com/cms/front_content.php

(If at work then turn off sound because site has music)

jkdbuck76
29th December 08, 05:20 PM
I can see hitting the father with a club or a few quick punches.
I mean, people need to understand, the theatre is one of the two places where you MUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! The other place is Arlington National Cemetary.

But to shoot the guy: that's uncalled for.

EuropIan
29th December 08, 05:22 PM
he was obviously protecting his freedom

Craigypooh
29th December 08, 05:32 PM
style and protection.

http://www.miguelcaballero.com/cms/front_content.php

(If at work then turn off sound because site has music)

This range of clothing would allow someone to be an asshole virtually anywhere, without any fear of retribution. Assholes all over the world must be flocking to this shop.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th December 08, 05:47 PM
It's funny you should mention that because the model fucking pisses me off. He's a little flabby and has such a smug fucking look on his face. The sun glasses don't help either. I want to bash that motherfucker's head in.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th December 08, 05:49 PM
I'm talking specifically about the brown-haired jackass that has a shit eating grin in every picture he appears in.

Equipoise
29th December 08, 09:26 PM
"Tactical" uh huh....