PDA

View Full Version : Burn Notice, ATTN: BRUCE CAMPBELL FANS (spoiler tags are required)

Steve
27th December 08, 01:35 AM
Just got done watching the first 3 episodes (well, last night we did). Thought it was pretty awesome. Seemed like an over the top Macgyver meets James Bond type of deal. I'm a newb to the series and it is fluff so far (though I see that they are setting up things for the real "story" of the series) but I really like it for an action show with sorta thinkish stuff thrown in.

OH, DID I MENTION THAT BRUCE CAMPBELL IS IN IT AS A WOMANIZING DRUNK THAT HAPPENS TO BE A REALLY GOOD EX SPY TOO?

Well, he is.

Razamataz
27th December 08, 02:55 AM
Yeah, everyone knows that already, n00b! The shows been on for over a year and it's one of the most popular on television.
If you've only seen the first three episodes you haven't gotten to the good stuff yet. It really picks up in the second season (that's also when the jits and sambo fight is).
ps- Season three debutes January 22nd

WarPhalange
27th December 08, 03:01 AM
I'm surprised at how good it is, actually. I was expecting total crap with a lot of fluff to attract morons, but they actually have a cool spin on it by explaining all the little details and such. I don't know, it makes it more interesting for me.

Razamataz
27th December 08, 03:10 AM
That's what I really like too. Those little details and explanations he gives. I also thought it would be some retarded A-team sceanrio where no ever dies because they shoot over the bad guy's heads.

WarPhalange
27th December 08, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I remember in one episode he failed to save some kid. I was pretty surprised.

3moose1
27th December 08, 03:35 AM
I fucking love burn notice.

I remember in the sambo episode, i paused it, looked at my mom and said, "he's about to say sambo"

then he said it ,and i almost cried.

but yeah, burn notice rocks.

Steve
27th December 08, 04:26 AM
So consider this the new Burn Notice thread, all thoughts on the show shall go here. Use spoilers, you fuckers that are ahead of me (for now, got the next two discs on my NetFlix).

WarPhalange
27th December 08, 04:31 AM
That's why I left my statement purposefully vague. You have no idea who, when, or how.

Steve
27th December 08, 04:42 AM
<3

WarPhalange
27th December 08, 04:46 AM
That's where the <3 part comes from for my user title/whatever it's called.

Steve
27th December 08, 04:51 AM
User title, asshole.

WarPhalange
27th December 08, 04:56 AM
Thanks, uhh.... taco.

Steve
27th December 08, 06:03 AM
http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/iconfactory/copland-2/taco-icon.gif

Sun Wukong
27th December 08, 11:29 AM
... Bruce needs to go back to doing what he does best.

Killing the undead and generally being kickass 24 hours a day. i believe in him, he can do it.

BTW, i think Burn Notice sucks.

Steve
27th December 08, 12:05 PM
QZLv3Z7L5lY

Fuck you.

EuropIan
27th December 08, 01:30 PM
Watching pilot now.

Gives of a "Chuck"-ish vibe. Without Chuck, of course.

3moose1
27th December 08, 01:31 PM
Spoiler:

Snape kills dumbledore.

EuropIan
27th December 08, 01:32 PM
Bruce Willis is actually a ghost.

Razamataz
27th December 08, 01:52 PM
... Bruce needs to go back to doing what he does best.

Killing the undead and generally being kickass 24 hours a day. i believe in him, he can do it.

If you were a real Bruce fan, you'd know that he never stopped doing what he does best. He just came out with a new movie.

Equipoise
27th December 08, 10:07 PM
I'm excited about season three. They actually do the filming down here in Coral Gables.

WarPhalange
27th December 08, 10:13 PM
That's why I left my statement purposefully vague. You have no idea who, when, or how.

Colonel Mustard in the dining room with the wrench.

Yiktin Voxbane
27th December 08, 11:13 PM
B
C

i
s

G
o
d
!

Equipoise
27th December 08, 11:43 PM
One thing I don't get is why the nixed Fiona's accent in the second episode. I mean she was in the IRA and I realize that Anwar doesn't actually have an Irish accent, but why put it in at all and then take it out so abruptly for no reason?

Steve
27th December 08, 11:46 PM
They were playing on her being able to do any accent since she is a 'former operative' angle. I thought that was easy to figure out.

Equipoise
28th December 08, 12:05 AM
No shit Sherlock, the point being was that it's just stupid.

Plus she was an IRA guerilla, not an operative. Why not just keep her with the accent or at least bring it in when she's not out on a job. That at least would show some continuity.

Steve
28th December 08, 12:28 AM
You've heard of the thing called a "hook" in regards to TV, right? I know her lips weren't doing it for me...

rw4th
28th December 08, 02:13 AM
I'm excited about season three. They actually do the filming down here in Coral Gables.

Season 2 isn't even finished yet, it picks up again in January 2009.

SpringHeeledJack
28th December 08, 06:37 AM
I've been watching this show from the very first episode. Until now, however, I've been embarrassed to admit to anyone that I like it. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Equipoise
28th December 08, 11:00 AM
Season 2 isn't even finished yet, it picks up again in January 2009.

So they're just continuing in the same "season" then? It's been what 5 months or so since the last new episode?

3moose1
28th December 08, 03:19 PM
I actually don't remember wtf happened last season.

I know some sort of virus infected miami, and it was causing everyone to go crazy and turn their blood into like, dust. It was spreading, and they were trying to figure out how to contain it...

But i forgot after that.

Equipoise
28th December 08, 04:09 PM
What the dick are you talking about?

3moose1
28th December 08, 05:26 PM
Andromeda Strain.

Equipoise
28th December 08, 06:16 PM
Ehh.. yeah movie; how is this related at all to this thread.

3moose1
28th December 08, 06:32 PM
Follow my thought process real fast, son.

Steve was like LOL NO SPOILERS OMG I HATE SPOILERS THEY BURNZ MAH SKINS

So i posted spoilers.

And spoilers.

I was hoping, maybe, somehow, Stevey-pie would see my post about the Andromeda Strain and be like, "wtf?" for a few seconds.

Equipoise
28th December 08, 07:58 PM
You fail at humor. Also until your testicles descend, don't attempt to call anybody "son."

3moose1
28th December 08, 08:03 PM
You've seen my testicles?

Child molester ban plz.

WarPhalange
28th December 08, 08:18 PM
You also suck for changing your avatar.

3moose1
28th December 08, 11:28 PM
You're angry because it turns you on.

rw4th
29th December 08, 12:06 AM
So they're just continuing in the same "season" then? It's been what 5 months or so since the last new episode?

Yeah, it seems to be one of those shows that likes to split their season in 2 parts (kind of like Battlestar Galactica). It's annoying, but what can you do.

Air dates for the next episodes can be found here (http://www.epguides.com/BurnNotice/).

Gezere
7th January 09, 12:40 PM
Just got done watching the first 3 episodes (well, last night we did). Thought it was pretty awesome. Seemed like an over the top Macgyver meets James Bond type of deal. I'm a newb to the series and it is fluff so far (though I see that they are setting up things for the real "story" of the series) but I really like it for an action show with sorta thinkish stuff thrown in.

OH, DID I MENTION THAT BRUCE CAMPBELL IS IN IT AS A WOMANIZING DRUNK THAT HAPPENS TO BE A REALLY GOOD EX SPY TOO?

Well, he is.
Bruce is an ex SEAL who did some intell work with Mike in the past. They haven't really fleshed the intell part out too much but its established he was a SEAL and even had Mike help out one of his former SEAL buddies.

Three of my favorite shows come on USA. Monk, Pysch, and Burn Notice. (no not Starter Wife you bastards!)

I like Jeffery Donovan and with Bruce Campbell you are good to go.

Aaranar
22nd January 09, 03:39 PM
All new episodes start tonight 10/9c. Marathon till then.

Steve
22nd January 09, 03:46 PM
But but but, I'm still working through season 2 of Battlestar Galactica and Burn Notice...

:(