PDA

View Full Version : Sukiyaki Western Django

MaverickZ
26th December 08, 01:28 PM
This movie is two parts awful and one part stupid. All style, no substance. The director went out of his way to have all the Japanese actors speak their lines in horrible phonetic English. Which basically meant half of the lines couldn't be understood and the other half made no sense because of misplaced accents and emphasis on the wrong words.

I'm not sure if this is normal for Miike but the director went to almost no pains to make me care about ANY of the characters. People die, no one cares.

Anyway, it's a remake of Yojimbo with guns and cowboy hats. And samurai swords and pagodas. What a terrible terrible movie.

Did I mention Quentin Tarantino is in it? Another in a long line of bad decisions.

Firefly did the Western genre better.

Save your two hours for The Good The Bad and the Weird instead.

mrblackmagic
26th December 08, 03:26 PM
You messed up when you took this movie seriously.

TheMightyMcClaw
26th December 08, 04:06 PM
You only make this movie sound more amazing.

Wounded Ronin
27th December 08, 01:27 AM
I watched it and enjoyed it to the extreme. It helps if you're a Kurosawa and Tarantino fan first.

Steve
27th December 08, 04:15 AM
It was alright when it was first mentioned on these boards A LONG TIME AGO. Watching it now would make it seem kinda lame.

MaverickZ
27th December 08, 01:54 PM
You messed up when you took this movie seriously.
I don't waste time watching movies "ironically". That's what hipster douchebags do.

mrblackmagic
27th December 08, 05:56 PM
If you think that was an attempt at high art then you are a douche. That movie was made for entertainment's sake.

How do you take a movie called Sukiyaki Western Django serious?

MaverickZ
27th December 08, 06:46 PM
Nuh uh, you are.