PDA

View Full Version : What chocolate to buy?

f4n4n
22nd December 08, 08:15 PM
Here is the deal. I am going to buy some chocolate, not for me, for a nice girl. She demanded that I bring her chocolate, in return for one of my demands.
Well I asked her what type of chocolate she likes but she only said she is not a fan of dark(my first go to choice, luckily I asked) but she likes creamy.
And suggestions? I will go to a big chocolate store after Xmas and see what they have, but I wanted to get some input from you guys.

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 08:25 PM
R5D3az_bLjM

;-D

Tanhalen21
22nd December 08, 08:28 PM
She demanded that I bring her chocolate, in return for one of my demands.
All she wanted in return for allowing you to atm her was to bring her chocolate?

Damn.

f4n4n
22nd December 08, 08:30 PM
@Ian Maybe, but I was think something more "special", out of the ordinary. I think she can have those her self if she wants to.

And yeah, she just loves me :P

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 08:31 PM
All she wanted in return for allowing you to perform atm on her was to bring her chocolate?

Damn.
yeah that's how the system works

anyways. onwards!

KCHjNyrOKF8

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 08:32 PM
Nah f4n I was being facetious, I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

Give her a combination of white and milk chocolate

Tanhalen21
22nd December 08, 08:32 PM
This chocolate is shitty^

Edit: lol you caught it right in time

Tanhalen21
22nd December 08, 08:34 PM
F4n4n, you live in NYC. Aren't there like a fucking MILLION places that make their own chocolate right there in the shop? That would probably be your best bet.

f4n4n
22nd December 08, 08:38 PM
BAHHH if only I was in NYC, I knew this great store, right down at Unionsquare...

But unfortunately I am in Germany... and going to fly to her (Europe, that is all I am going to saying) because she wanted to see me before I am leaving to brazil.

Equipoise
23rd December 08, 10:37 AM
Umm... You're having a hard time finding chocolate in Germany... You're kidding right?

Tambem onde no Brasil e fala portuguese?

EuropIan
23rd December 08, 10:47 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/33637946_414c79bb1c.jpg

but in a really fancy box!...I mean really fancy

Equipoise
23rd December 08, 10:49 AM
Truffles are actually pretty easy to make. Why not back them and save 50$ or so.

f4n4n
23rd December 08, 12:32 PM
I was hoping for suggestions, sure I can go to Huzzel or some other fancy store and buy something, but sometimes people suggest types of chocolate (my brother for instance favors a cacao from Haiti) and I thought one of you guys knows a nice light chocolate with a creamy flavor.

I am going to Sao Paulo and my Portuguese sucks mayor balls but I am still working on it. I learn better if I am forced to understand it and if there is no way of avoiding it. Luckily I will have a native speaker on my side for the first month(s).

EuropIan
23rd December 08, 12:35 PM
My kinderüberraschung suggestion, although tongue in cheek, was earnest.

The problem was you said no dark chocolate. Which might make her a philistine.

Equipoise
23rd December 08, 12:42 PM
I was hoping for suggestions, sure I can go to Huzzel or some other fancy store and buy something, but sometimes people suggest types of chocolate (my brother for instance favors a cacao from Haiti) and I thought one of you guys knows a nice light chocolate with a creamy flavor.

Make your own

I am going to Sao Paulo and my Portuguese sucks mayor balls but I am still working on it. I learn better if I am forced to understand it and if there is no way of avoiding it. Luckily I will have a native speaker on my side for the first month(s).

My wife is from Sao Paolo. The women there have the reputation of being well educated and intelligent. Avoid going anywhere near the favellas unless you're armed and the "ok" sign means asshole, so don't use it. Avoid going to Rio at all costs.

f4n4n
23rd December 08, 01:13 PM
Make your ownthat is actually a great idea.

My wife is from Sao Paolo. The women there have the reputation of being well educated and intelligent. Avoid going anywhere near the favellas unless you're armed and the "ok" sign means asshole, so don't use it. Avoid going to Rio at all costs.I have been reading several "non travel" books about Brazil and I am friends with a few girls from SP (how you think I got the invite to go? :tongue: ) and they all hate on Rio and visa verse. I never do the OK diving singe, I guess it is the same as in Italy ;)
And I don't know if I am going to a favela, it is not like I would be planing it or anything but as a photographer I am very tempted on the other hand I am smart enough to know that this would draw a lot of attention...we will see, I was never a very responsible person when it comes to my person.

Equipoise
23rd December 08, 03:53 PM
Ehh... Gringo... It's not like the ghettos in Germany. They will shoot you without a second thought and it's highly likely you will get caught in a cross fire if you go around the favelas.

bob
23rd December 08, 05:04 PM
Go to a shop that makes handmade chocolates. There are plenty in Europe.

f4n4n
23rd December 08, 06:20 PM
Ehh... Gringo... It's not like the ghettos in Germany. They will shoot you without a second thought and it's highly likely you will get caught in a cross fire if you go around the favelas.
Lets put it like this, while I like my life and enjoy it, I am not that worried about those things like others, if shit happens it will, no matter where or when. I also packed away my cam in parts of the Bronx because I am not stupid but still I was tempted (if I would have been there alone, I might would have gone for those great shots I missed) and took pictures at places others are not comfortable walking around.
I know I am going to die one day because my curiosity is stronger than my responsibility.

PS: I doubt Germany has ghettos, we have nothing that can compare to the US or Brazil.

Equipoise
23rd December 08, 06:26 PM
If you can, try to get some of the shots of the BOPE call outs. It's basically a government run SWAT/SRT. You'll get lots of good pictures of them in urban warfare.

f4n4n
23rd December 08, 06:46 PM
See, as much as I would love to take shots like this, here my responsibility still kicks in and tells me, where they show up the shit is going to blow up, big time.
Same one time in Harlem, I was on my way home, a only a block away and some undercover cops in a normal car pull over another car but instead of getting out, a dark van pulls in front of the stopped car, right next to me , straight on the sidewalk. 4 people with SMGs, vests and tactical gear jump out, rushing for the car, almost running me over. And stupid as I am, I was hesitating for a second if I should stop and get my cam out or keep walking... well I kept walking but I was standing there for a second, thinking about staying and taking pictures. Either you take the picture without thinking or you just keep walking but my reaction didn't serve any purpose besides putting myself in danger and this shit will get me killed one day. Or my stupid habit of standing up for other people... one of those.

Equipoise
23rd December 08, 07:47 PM
When we jump out on a target house/apartment, we tend to elicit the response of bystanders freezing up and observing rather than seeking cover.

Kiko
24th December 08, 08:10 AM
Go to a shop that makes handmade chocolates. There are plenty in Europe.
^ This!
Especially if they make truffles. They should know which ones are what flavors. Er.. Godiva? Lindt?

EuropIan
24th December 08, 09:38 AM
someone link the ironic "land of chocolate" bit from the Simpsons

Sun Wukong
24th December 08, 12:49 PM
Umm... You're having a hard time finding chocolate in Germany... You're kidding right?

Tambem onde no Brasil e fala portuguese?

good call. That's like wondering what you are going to do for money on the same day you discover that all of your Poo is made of solid 24kt gold.

Sun Wukong
24th December 08, 12:52 PM
This is so simple. Take 100 dollars, go to a candy/chocolate store. By one of everything they have. Put it in a huge box. Done.

Robot Jesus
24th December 08, 01:29 PM
i would buy some http://www.bernardcallebaut.com/users/folder.asp but it's the local staple. you get to make your own box so mostly the milk and white chocolates.

another idea would be to invite her over for hot chocolate on a cold day.

Tanhalen21
24th December 08, 01:29 PM
This is so simple. Take 100 dollars, go to a candy/chocolate store. By one of everything they have. Put it in a huge box. Done.

If you did this she would instantly put you in her mouth.

Spade: The Real Snake
24th December 08, 01:49 PM
butt-chocolate

Equipoise
24th December 08, 09:25 PM
I believe you're only one who was thinking of the Hershey Highway in this thread.

Tanhalen21
24th December 08, 09:26 PM
No, I admit that I was as well. I even gave him + rep.

f4n4n
29th December 08, 10:49 AM
This is what I got so far...
http://f4n4n.f4.funpic.de/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0027.JPG

Plus a big bag of M&M's (long story but she will love it). The only thing that sucks now is that I didn't get a freaking cuddle toy simba lion king.
Maybe I get her some more but I don't wana over do it and with her not liking dark chocolate it is not that easy.
Next stop tastefull wrapping (shit why didn't I pay people to do this?) and then decieving her with only handing her a tiny half inch size chocolate bar, telling her I like her figure and want her to stay that way :D

29th December 08, 11:48 AM
Jesus Christ, did you buy her the next size up pair of pants, too?

EuropIan
29th December 08, 11:52 AM
Milka: ehl-oh-ehl

f4n4n
29th December 08, 02:10 PM
Jesus Christ, did you buy her the next size up pair of pants, too? I was actually thinking about that issue but I am not going to stay long enough to see that happen and hopefully the next time I see her she is down again. I doubt she is going to visit me in Brazil (on the other hand, one thing I learned this year is to never say never) hence she will have time on her hands to trim down.
Plus if I can eat a pack of gummy bears (250g) a day and stay in shape, I can expect the same from her right?! NO?

Milka: ehl-oh-ehl I know but I don't eat it and got it for Xmas... plus it matches the mini chocolate I am going to give her first.

bob
29th December 08, 02:58 PM
Lindt is da bomb, but not that fancy shit. I eat a bit of Lindt dark chocolate every day.

29th December 08, 03:05 PM
fatten her up for some other slob to deal with.....

...nice.

f4n4n
29th December 08, 04:29 PM
You are getting this totally wrong. Those calories are for her to maintain and regain energy during the days and nights of my stay.
When I think about our past she will need it and I too, a demanding little freak she is. Oh that also reminds me, I have to buy a big pack of condoms, not used to do the buying anymore. *thinks back to his apartment in NYC were we had a big bowl of condoms on the kitchen table, for everyone to grab some if he or she needs. The faces of girls asking if you have condoms and you just say "on the kitchen table, grab a few, my bed room stash is getting smaller" - good times* (I wish I would make that up, but our apartment had a freaking "free for all stash" for obvious reasons)

And put it all in my camera bag and then just have the biggest smile when passing airport security. 2 kg of chocolate two DSLRs and a family pack of condoms, this gotta look interesting on the x-ray.

billy sol hurok
30th December 08, 08:47 AM
And put it all in my camera bag and then just have the biggest smile when passing airport security. 2 kg of chocolate two DSLRs and a family pack of condoms, this gotta look interesting on the x-ray.

What, no lipsticks/nylons/combination Port-o-gee Phrase Book and Miniature Bible?