PDA

View Full Version : No transparency with 700 Billion given to financial sector

Quikfeet509
22nd December 08, 10:52 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28344965/

So not only did they get the money no-strings-attached, they don't even have to tell the taxpayers what they did with the money.

Would this be the looting phase of when Rome burnt?

Cullion
22nd December 08, 11:58 AM
It's a lot more than 700 billion now, but most of it is coming direct from the Fed rather than via the treasury.

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 12:20 PM
"My new yacht is essential for the betterment of the US economy, having a 70' rather from 60' ensures more lucrative deals will be made in my pants..I mean my business"

Equipoise
22nd December 08, 01:09 PM
I'm wondering if the exponentially increasing violence that I experience at work can be paralleled with Rome's burning...?

I can relate the 700b with Calligula's building of those ridiculous baths near the end of his reign.

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 01:11 PM
I'm wondering if the exponentially increasing violence that I experience at work can be paralleled with Rome's burning...?

I can relate the 700b with Calligula's building of those ridiculous baths near the end of his reign.
Needs moar buttsecks

P.s. Post election jitters?

Phrost
22nd December 08, 01:15 PM
Most Americans apparently thought the bailout was a fucking stupid idea, yet it passed fairly easily.

That's a huge red flag to indicate our government is no longer working "for the people".

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 01:16 PM
QUICKLY! EVERYONE! TO THE GUN SHOP!

(that is true)

lant3rn
22nd December 08, 01:19 PM
Most Americans apparently thought the bailout was a fucking stupid idea, yet it passed fairly easily.

That's a huge red flag to indicate our government is no longer working "for the people".

Your government believes they know what's best. I thought you In the American proletariat would know that by now?

Sun Wukong
22nd December 08, 01:36 PM
Dude, I started a thread about this the day the Paulson proposal hit the senate. Merge? it was even on the front page.

Sun Wukong
22nd December 08, 01:38 PM

Hey, wouldn't it be great if we could take the streets and do something about it? To bad all those lefties took all your guns away. OH WAIT, they didn't and they're probably never going to. So what were we bitching about here again?

Cullion
22nd December 08, 01:46 PM
I'm confused Ketchens. Are you proposing armed insurrection, opposing it or hoping somebody else will have a go so that we can open a beer and discuss it on sociocide?

Cullion
22nd December 08, 01:48 PM

I'm interested by this comment. Can you pinpoint when you think the violence started getting worse, and give some more detail?

A serving LEO noticing a suddent increase in violence maybe anecdotal, but shouldn't be ignored. Do you have access to recent statistics from your department that you're allowed to publicly post?

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 01:49 PM
I'm definately suggesting the latter.

Sun Wukong
22nd December 08, 02:22 PM
I'm confused Ketchens. Are you proposing armed insurrection, opposing it or hoping somebody else will have a go so that we can open a beer and discuss it on sociocide?

I'm kind of being a cross between a douche and playing devils advocate. I can't help it but find all this shit really, really, and I mean, REALLY fucking ironic.

Cullion
22nd December 08, 02:40 PM
I think we should have a revolution with absurdist performance art. We could start a grass-roots movement for people to paint & crayon their own currency and then settle all bills with mortgage holders, banks and credit card companies with it.

Whilst wearing Groucho Marks masks.

Phrost
22nd December 08, 02:45 PM
The older I get, the more I realize that people inherently just want to be ruled. As long as most of them get left alone to eat, fuck, and suck up to their choice of fairy godfather, they couldn't give a rat's ass about what goes on in the world beyond break room conversation.

Let's keep throwing Government at the problem. Eventually we'll get enough of it that everything will be fixed, am I right?

Cullion
22nd December 08, 02:54 PM
You're too pesimisstic about other people's perceptiveness Phrost. Most people have figured this heist out now, and a majority opposed it from the get-go.

WarPhalange
22nd December 08, 03:53 PM
The older I get, the more I realize that people inherently just want to be ruled. As long as most of them get left alone to eat, fuck, keep their guns, and suck up to their choice of fairy godfather, they couldn't give a rat's ass about what goes on in the world beyond break room conversation.

Fixed.

Cullion
22nd December 08, 04:01 PM
Well, they'll be needing the guns when they wake up to the rest of it.

new2bjj
22nd December 08, 04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHoEpoVgWE

Great speech on what happens to people that fight in revolutions. Cynical, but it rings true, just the same.

Cullion
22nd December 08, 04:44 PM
Except for the American revolution.

Sun Wukong
22nd December 08, 04:53 PM
The older I get, the more I realize that people inherently just want to be ruled. As long as most of them get left alone to eat, fuck, and suck up to their choice of fairy godfather, they couldn't give a rat's ass about what goes on in the world beyond break room conversation.

Let's keep throwing Government at the problem. Eventually we'll get enough of it that everything will be fixed, am I right?
Whether or not that's true, what does it matter?

HappyOldGuy
22nd December 08, 05:01 PM
Except for the American revolution.

If you think of the american revolution as revolt against a foreign power, then the number of armed revolutions against peoples own governments that haven't ended with tyranny is pretty close to zero. I'm tempted to say it is zero, but I'm probably forgetting one somewhere.

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 05:10 PM
If you think of the american revolution as revolt against a foreign power, then the number of armed revolutions against peoples own governments that haven't ended with tyranny is pretty close to zero. I'm tempted to say it is zero, but I'm probably forgetting one somewhere.
Only if you count flowers as weapons

Cullion
22nd December 08, 06:36 PM

French Revolution? They've gone through a few republics now, but it's hardly North Korea.

HappyOldGuy
22nd December 08, 06:49 PM
French Revolution? They've gone through a few republics now, but it's hardly North Korea.

Lots of places wind up democracies afterwards. Including you bunch after your whole civil war gig, but it happens after a significant period of tyranny and usually a whole nother round of less violent protest, which begs the question how useful the violent sort was at all.

EuropIan
22nd December 08, 06:52 PM
http://andreiacosta.nl/weblog/25abril.jpg

Cullion
22nd December 08, 06:57 PM
Lots of places wind up democracies afterwards. Including you bunch after your whole civil war gig, but it happens after a significant period of tyranny and usually a whole nother round of less violent protest, which begs the question how useful the violent sort was at all.

You can't make an omellete without breaking eggs.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Cullion
22nd December 08, 06:58 PM
Just redefine Washington as a foreign power and it will all be fine HoG.

new2bjj
22nd December 08, 09:05 PM
You can't break an omellete without breaking eggs.

It's easy to be the cracker, but hard to be the egg.

Cullion
22nd December 08, 09:16 PM
Did you just call me a cracker?

nihilist
22nd December 08, 09:17 PM
That rite bich.
wut now?

Cullion
22nd December 08, 09:26 PM
I think you need to talk to the druid too.