PDA

View Full Version : How high were your expectations for Batman 3?

MrBadGuy
18th December 08, 12:41 PM
FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal.

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995’s Batman Forever.

The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.
The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.
Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.
CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce’s assistant Alfred.
Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.
Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.
Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight.
A film insider said: “Chris wasn’t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.
“Eddie’s a fantastic addition. Everyone’s excited to see what he does as the Riddler.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2048300.ece

I didn't know the Riddler used fat suits.

Also, in Batman 4, Eddie Murphy will play every character.

Spade: The Real Snake
18th December 08, 12:45 PM
Batman 3 has just been covered in Suck Sauce.

CoffeeFan
18th December 08, 12:52 PM
hmmmmmm.... he might be able to pull it off, if we are REALLY lucky.

Chances are he is going to stink it up like Jim Carry did. Also, did they really need to add robin? Didn't they learn anything from the last batman movie series

mrblackmagic
18th December 08, 12:54 PM
It's the Sun.

MrBadGuy
18th December 08, 01:00 PM
The sun was my first google hit. I saw it on fox news and 93845 other sites, but I'm lazy and at work.

18th December 08, 01:01 PM
Mickey Rourke as Killer Croc.

MrBadGuy
18th December 08, 01:06 PM
David Spade as The Penguin

18th December 08, 01:06 PM
Michael Clarke Duncan as Clayface

MrBadGuy
18th December 08, 01:12 PM
Oprah Winfrey as Poison Ivy

18th December 08, 01:14 PM
Tim Roth as Mr. Zsasz

MrBadGuy
18th December 08, 01:16 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze

18th December 08, 01:22 PM
hey waitaminute.......you aren't being serious now.

tharuz
18th December 08, 02:26 PM
Isn't the riddler supposed to be Irish?

18th December 08, 03:45 PM
Black Irish.

Kiko
18th December 08, 03:48 PM
Well, he was Gumby, dammit.

Odacon
18th December 08, 04:12 PM
Murphy as the Riddler could work, I mean I honestly thought Heath Ledger was going to stink up the role of Joker and look how that turned out. But Casting Shyla Lebouff as Dick Grayson makes me cry.

kungfujew
18th December 08, 04:14 PM
Shea Leboeuf!?!?! FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU....

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll153/kungfujew85/180px-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

18th December 08, 04:35 PM
Shia LeBoeuf wouldn't make a convincing Nightwing

MrBadGuy
18th December 08, 04:38 PM
Shia LeBoeuf doesn't make a convincing man.

18th December 08, 04:58 PM
Shai LeBeuoeuof makes a convincing drunk

mrblackmagic
18th December 08, 05:11 PM
The Nolans' have a way bringing out good performances in their actors, but Robin? Seriously?

I'm still saying it's bull crap like the rumor about Hoffman as the penguin.

BTW Kevin Spacey as the Calendar Man.

jvjim
18th December 08, 05:12 PM
8IXCK1EyP4s

:'(

18th December 08, 05:13 PM
I thought we left the gimmick casting in the last incarnation of Batman.

OZZ
18th December 08, 05:47 PM
I don't like the sounds of this..
But very few movie franchises make it to the third installment without going down the tubes..so why should this be any different?
Who the fuck is Shia Lebeouf? Even the name sounds gay..poor Robin.

edit: Tim Roth as Mr. Zsasz..whoever said that is a fucking genius.. + rep.
Hoffman would make an extraordinary Penguin. I always thought Robin Williams would make a great Riddler..although he's getting kind of old now.

Doritosaurus Chex
18th December 08, 05:49 PM
I can't believe you guys are falling for this obvious troll job.

OZZ
18th December 08, 05:53 PM
The Sun? Oh, well..that explains it.
Besides..Two-face is going to be the featured villain in the third movie. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

Steve
18th December 08, 05:53 PM
I don't like the sounds of this..
But very few movie franchises make it to the third installment without going down the tubes..so why should this be any different?

Because the second film didn't jump the shark? Also, I'm sure film execs are very familiar with the phenomenon of sequels tending to be worse than the original, I bet they are taking that into account.

I can't believe you guys are falling for this obvious troll job.

Perhaps, but am I the only one here that hopes this might make Eddie Murphy a credible actor again?

RaiNnyX4
18th December 08, 05:56 PM
I would consider all Batman rumors at this point false. Nolan has said many times that he hasn't even thought about the next movie and won't be doing so until after he finishes his next movie.

Steve
18th December 08, 05:57 PM
The Sun? Oh, well..that explains it.
Besides..Two-face is going to be the featured villain in the third movie. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

Um, didn't Harvey die in the second film? Or did I miss something?

Meanwhile, the Joker's plan to destroy the ferries fails after the passengers on both decide not to destroy each other. Batman locates and subdues the Joker, but refuses to kill him. The Joker acknowledges that Batman is truly incorruptible, but that Dent was not, and that he has unleashed Dent upon the city. Leaving the Joker for the SWAT team, Batman leaves in search of Dent. At the remains of the building where Rachel died, Batman finds Dent holding Gordon and his family at gunpoint. Dent judges the innocence of Batman, himself, and Gordon's son through three coin tosses. As a result of the first two flips, he shoots Batman in the abdomen and spares himself. Before Dent can determine the boy's fate, Batman, who was wearing body armor, tackles him and they both fall over the side of the building — Dent appears dead. Batman and Gordon realize that the morale of the city will suffer if Dent's murders become known. Batman persuades Gordon to preserve Dent's image by holding "Batman" responsible for the murders. Gordon destroys the Bat-Signal, and a manhunt for Batman begins.

Hmmmm.

OZZ
18th December 08, 06:23 PM
I don't think so..I think that Harvey is locked up in Arkham..his death is being faked so he will still be a martyr and he is going to escape and raise hell.
That's my prediction.
That character is too important and too interesting to be hastily introduced and killed off in the same film.
Two Face will be back. I'd bet money on it.

Dark Helmet
18th December 08, 06:29 PM
The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.
Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin. Gay!!!

18th December 08, 06:29 PM
edit: Tim Roth as Mr. Zsasz..whoever said that is a fucking genius.. + rep.
Thank you.... I actually like my Rourke as Killer Croc more.

Hoffman would make an extraordinary Penguin. I always thought Robin Williams would make a great Riddler..although he's getting kind of old now.
Robin Williams is too Robin Williamsy. In the late 70s I would have agreed...after the Fisher King as well...but I don't know if he could reign it in.

Because the second film didn't jump the shark? Also, I'm sure film execs are very familiar with the phenomenon of sequels tending to be worse than the original, I bet they are taking that into account.
they are calling Dark Knight the Godfather 2 of super hero movies.
I hope the third one isn't Godfather 3.

Perhaps, but am I the only one here that hopes this might make Eddie Murphy a credible actor again?
If Ledger hadn't died, I would have held out hope for an Arkham Asylum movie.

But Murphy, I dunno.

I would cast Buscemi first.

Um, didn't Harvey die in the second film? Or did I miss something?

There is no deaths in comics.

Tanhalen21
18th December 08, 06:50 PM
What the fuck. The idea of having Robin in this movie is fucked up enough, but having him be played by SHIA LABEOUF? I'm probably going to sit this one out.

Tanhalen21
18th December 08, 06:53 PM
Ok, so I looked it up and all the other news sources besides the Sun say "Rumours fly that Eddie Murphy is going to play the Riddler" and all of them point to the Sun as their source.

So I'm guessing(hoping) it's not true.

RickTheCritic
18th December 08, 09:22 PM
Article (http://www.collider.com/entertainment/interviews/article.asp/aid/10194/tcid/1)

We've been inundated with rumors lately about a sequel to "The Dark Knight" and while I hate gossip-mongering in a blatant attempt to score hits, I understand that it comes from a genuine place of wanting more of a great film. People loved "The Dark Knight" and the total dearth of information leaves a vacuum where someone put forth a ridiculous rumor like "Eddie Murphy might play the Riddler" or "Shia LeBeouf may be in it because hey why not." So today instead of worthless rumors, we'd like to try something a little different. We'd like to offer you facts straight from the mouth of Alan Horn, the President of Warner Brothers.

I ask when does he think we might hear rumblings of another "Dark Knight" movie… he says “We’ve been talking to Chris Nolan and what we have to do is get him in the right place and have him tell us what he thinks the notion might be for a great story, but Chris did a great job and we’d love to have him come back and do another one.”

I ask if he’s the type of filmmaker that they wouldn’t rush and that he wouldn’t have to meet a certain release date. Basically, the story is more important than a release date. He says, “Yes. The story is everything and we are very respectful of Chris. We have a wonderful relationship with him and we are going to be respectful of his timing and we want to get it right. Also, I think the fans expect that – they want us to make a terrific movie – we have to give them another great movie.”

Aphid Jones
18th December 08, 09:42 PM
So it looks like the Shia Labouf rumor is no more substantial than the Tom Cruise as Iron man rumor from last year.

WarPhalange
18th December 08, 09:48 PM
Johnny Depp would make a great Riddler. He could play exactly like he plays Jack Sparrow except instead of being all giggly he is dark and maniacle an -- no wait, that's The Joker. Crap.

They should just get Stephen Hawking to play The Riddler.

partyboy
18th December 08, 11:04 PM
8IXCK1EyP4s

:'(

I've posted this before but I'll post it again:

ESv1dFMPWQM

19th December 08, 09:42 AM
Johnny Depp would make a great Riddler. He could play exactly like he plays Jack Sparrow except instead of being all giggly he is dark and maniacle an -- no wait, that's The Joker. Crap.

So do it like Willy Wonka?

Neildo
19th December 08, 01:22 PM
oh fuck they pulled a joel schumacher! noes!

Arhetton
19th December 08, 03:06 PM
this thread is depressing.

19th December 08, 03:29 PM
Bat-Nipples!

mrblackmagic
19th December 08, 03:30 PM
Too soon for tits?

edit. Nevermind.

19th December 08, 03:33 PM
NEVER TOO SOON FOR TITS!!

And bring in another one of those:

Batman is getting dressed and he turns and gives and under-the-cape ass shot.

19th December 08, 03:33 PM
MOAR KODPEESE!

RaiNnyX4
19th December 08, 04:20 PM
I hope you guys realize that every rumor (including this one) about the next Batman movie is fake. Until you hear anything from Nolan's mouth (which will more than likely not happen until well into 2009), do not believe anything you hear.

partyboy
19th December 08, 04:41 PM
o rly?

Kiko
19th December 08, 05:28 PM
Especially that I'll be playing Catwoman.

mrblackmagic
19th December 08, 06:15 PM
Pics or please excuse yourself from the thread.

Dark Helmet
19th December 08, 06:18 PM
Especially that I'll be playing Catwoman.
Wha,....!You're going to tease all the guys by prancing around in a tight latex outfit for 2 hours on film and not put-out.

rw4th
20th December 08, 02:32 AM
Christian Bale has stated several times in interviews that if they tried to add Robin in the next movie, he'd quit. So I call bullshit

Sun Wukong
20th December 08, 06:43 AM
Robin is definitely a bad idea, but maybe they could add in a "Nightwing".

Lame side kicks are where I start having my divisions with cannon comic book back stories. Bucky Barnes, Robin, Krypto the Dog, Bat-Girl, etc. Just awful.

DC comics has way, way too many side kick characters. One of the primary reasons many people don't enjoy reading DC. Batman has had multiple sidekicks at various times. None of them have worked out in the movies.

OZZ
20th December 08, 12:10 PM
NO ROBIN !! NO BATGIRL !!
Nolan won't do it anyways..he likes the solo Dark Knight feel to his stories and he'll stick with it.

20th December 08, 12:27 PM
Seperate Nightwing film and a seperate Batgirl film.

Nolan can reference them as being influence by the Batman but don't throw them into the movie canon.

syberia
23rd December 08, 10:21 PM
Christian Bale has stated several times in interviews that if they tried to add Robin in the next movie, he'd quit. So I call bullshit

Thank god. I really hope theres no robin. I just... dislike the idea. I havent read the comics (sorry.) but the films, especially the new ones, batman has always seemed to me very much a solo hero. He wouldn't drag someone else into what he is, that would defeat the point.

TheMightyMcClaw
25th December 08, 04:01 PM
There is only one man who should ever be allowed to play the Riddler henceforth, and that man is David Tennant:
http://io9.com/assets/images/io9/2008/08/Batman_3_Poster___Riddler_by_joshwmc.jpg

If there's a Riddler, and it's not David Tennant, then you're doing it wrong.

Tanhalen21
25th December 08, 04:25 PM
Who's David Tennant?

boondock lee
25th December 08, 07:39 PM
Who's David Tennant?

Doctor Who.
http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/David%20Tennant%20Doctor%20Who%20TARDIS.jpg

Aphid Jones
25th December 08, 09:12 PM
lol britain

Tanhalen21
25th December 08, 09:51 PM
Who the fuck cares about Dr. Who

TheMightyMcClaw
26th December 08, 01:07 AM
Who the fuck cares about Dr. Who

The same type of nerds who care about superhero movies.

WarPhalange
26th December 08, 03:53 AM
Zing?

Jim_Jude
26th December 08, 04:46 AM
Expectations for Batman 3

Pretty friggin' high, but they don't even have a script yet so it doesn't matter.

28th December 08, 09:34 AM
Doctor Who.

Barty Crouch, Jr. from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

rw4th
30th December 08, 02:51 AM
Barty Crouch, Jr. from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

So which makes somebody a bigger loser: being a fan or Doctor Who or Harry Potter?

Jim_Jude
30th December 08, 04:55 AM
So which makes somebody a bigger loser: being a fan or Doctor Who or Harry Potter?

Dr Who is badass!!! The jury's still out on the new stuff, but classic Dr Who is the shit. If you're ACTUALLY A FAN of Harry Potter, you may have some matching chromosomes, or perhaps three or four, who knows...