PDA

View Full Version : My Name Is Bruce.

Steve
12th December 08, 04:07 AM
So Bruce Campbell will be at the Varsity Theater tomorrow (just a couple hundred yards from where I work):

Yq1m6Utwyjw

The movie will be playing and he'll be doing a Q & A afterwards:

dUM4om1VQsY

Gdl1HUEF6ls

3X2lbqx3hRU

oSFKITeX7CI

ZwJMVNmHuAU

oNpyRKXp0kU

wRN1CNJPrA8

I'm so nervous about going.... Yes, I'm that much of a pussy. My camera will be on hand if I manage to get out of helping a friend move some crap right after work.

Neildo
12th December 08, 04:09 AM
all your have to say to your friend is "fuck you, it's bruce campbell. you can wait."

Steve
12th December 08, 04:30 AM
I just wish it wasn't playing at the Varsity, such a tiny theater. It'll be tough to get a seat.

HappyOldGuy
12th December 08, 11:51 AM
I'm going next thursday in Berkeley.

Awesome sauce is awesome.

Zendetta
12th December 08, 12:29 PM
I'm going next thursday in Berkeley.

Awesome sauce is awesome.

Groovy.

I'd be there too if I wasn't hopping the red eye flight for Carolina that night.

To the uninitiated: the definitive Bruce Campbell movies isn't actually Evil Dead or Army of Darkness. Its Bubba Hotep.

Yiktin Voxbane
12th December 08, 12:35 PM
Steve ... beg/borrow/lie/cheat/steal/slavetrade to getta seat ... For the good of BOTH of us .

Zen is driving a truckload of tEh correct .

Steve
12th December 08, 02:01 PM
GODDAMN IT. All the showings are sold out already!! FUCK.

Mr. Mantis
12th December 08, 04:18 PM
ymEnfvz2wbU&hl

Steve
12th December 08, 04:21 PM
LOL, I forgot about that movie! +, good sir.

Ajamil
6th August 10, 06:05 PM
Of course you would start this thread, Steve. Bless you. My friend got to sit in Bruce's lap when he came to Flagstaff. I made out with that friend. I'm that close to sexually engaging Bruce!

Watching My Name is Bruce right now. I love this film. It allows you to pop so easily between seeing a more play-like, person acting in a story, to the actual story - a man who thinks everything going on is a movie, but is reality.

The cheap effects, the insane characters.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/QZLv3Z7L5lY/0.jpg
(my new avatar - awesome superstition.)

It's just way too much like a bad movie that it's so easy to forgive Bruce for thinking he was in one, but totally for him and set up as a birthday present.

Commodore Pipes
6th August 10, 06:13 PM
I saw him at the Oriental Movie Palace in Milwaukee. I was all set with my funny line, and then when I saw him, all I could say was "uh... hi..." because even if he is the most powerless man in Hollywood, he's Bruce Fucking Campbell, and he has fought zombies and all sorts of shit, and he's handsome.

Ajamil
6th August 10, 06:22 PM
I think I just realized he is the inspiration for my sideburns.

Steve
6th August 10, 06:41 PM
Be sure to buy his books (I'd also recommend reading them).

Harpy
6th August 10, 06:54 PM
I love Bruce. So jealous of you guys that you'll have come this close to meeting him :/

Ajamil
6th August 10, 07:09 PM
Buying this film.

Ted Raimi was awesome and should be in the Mario Bros. Sequel as Luigi.

resolve
7th August 10, 01:13 PM
I wish Bruce Campbell would come to my University theater and do a talk.

The best we got was Yakov Smirnoff and PZ Meyers... >:(