PDA

View Full Version : Drinking games and drinking stories

lant3rn
9th December 08, 03:18 PM
Let's share some of or more memorable experiences and games we have enjoyed with one of our favorite pass times.

CENTURY CLUB: basically this game requires anywhere from 2-? people.

The goal is to see who can finish 100 shots(1 ounce) of beer in 100 minutes.

If you can finish and not throw up, pass out, or quit during the process... you will be initiated into this exclusive club.

It's fun to play with friends and there is a ton of bragging rights for the winner(s)

I tried this with my friends a couple years ago, one got to 14 and threw up, two got to 65 and passed out, and the other one got to 90 before he had to visit the toilet. I won, and then passed out in the shower after I got back from the bar. It was a good time all round with alot of shit talking and posturing.

Highly recommended to forum users of legal drinking age.

SpringHeeledJack
9th December 08, 03:44 PM
That seems like a good way to end up with alcohol poisoning.

lant3rn
9th December 08, 03:50 PM
That seems like a good way to end up with alcohol poisoning.

It's just beer

SpringHeeledJack
9th December 08, 03:51 PM
It's just beer

My mistake. I guess I missed the beer part.

partyboy
9th December 08, 03:52 PM
pfffft, 1 century club doesn't lead to poisoning (it's 8 and 1/3 beers spread over 100 minutes)

the only way to play century club (or power hour for that matter) is to use a special music track that plays ~60s of a song and then gives you some indication to actually drink (my tracks have a ringside bell sound and says "drink beer")

lant3rn
9th December 08, 03:53 PM
My mistake. I guess I missed the beer part.

I'd feel sorry for the person who attempted it with hard liquor

bob
9th December 08, 03:54 PM
I think the last time I seriously played drinking games was when I was 17 and staying in an apartment with some friends. I got so stoned and drunk that they left me out on the balcony all night. Which was fine until I threw up. It dribbled off the balcony and made a big pool on the driveway below.

I only realised this when I woke up the next day and found that they'd all left to go surfing. I couldn't get out because the door was deadbolted and the building super was banging on the door because he wanted to come in and make me clean up the vomit.

So, in conclusion, drinking games are dumb.

lant3rn
9th December 08, 03:57 PM
I think the last time I seriously played drinking games was when I was 17 and staying in an apartment with some friends. I got so stoned and drunk that they left me out on the balcony all night. Which was fine until I threw up. It dribbled off the balcony and made a big pool on the driveway below.

I only realised this when I woke up the next day and found that they'd all left to go surfing. I couldn't get out because the door was deadbolted and the building super was banging on the door because he wanted to come in and make me clean up the vomit.

So, in conclusion, drinking games are dumb.

SO are your friends apparently

Shawarma
9th December 08, 04:07 PM
I usually play this drinking game called Drink Too Much And Make An Ass Of Myself. I'm really good at it, too.

lant3rn
9th December 08, 04:19 PM
I never drink more than 2 drinks and have now been restricted to only drinking in my girlfriend's presence. Nuts to you all.

Aparently you gave those away already...

Shawarma
9th December 08, 04:28 PM
Whoa, NoB, you just got sent on a weekend with BURNie!

f4n4n
9th December 08, 04:50 PM
Well back here with my friends in Germany we don't exactly do drinking games, it is more like a drinking "habit", you get a glass, pour 100g of vodka and "kill it", repeat until bottle is empty, then get new bottle and start all over.

For health reasons we add 1 glass of orange juice after every 4 shots and 2 glass of water after every bottle. Never head a hang over.:redface:

Pro-Tip: Don't try to drink after you have had almost nothing to eat over the day and you are dehydrated from sports. This lowered my drinking volume to 9 vodka, then I realized I am not going to make my regular cut and stopped drinking.
Pro-Tip II: Do not access your mail account/IM/phone/Bullshido when in said state, the emails etc. will not make much sense or will lead to confusion....

Oh and there are so many stupid drinking games, the last time I played one was actually in the US at Halloween, something with getting 3 cards of the same kind and then grab one out of x-1 (x==amount of players) spoons lying on the table. Person who ends up without a spoon has to drink.

This game gets 1.5 out of 5 because you have to pay attention and the bottle is usually empty before you get warmed up.

Shawarma
9th December 08, 04:52 PM
A simple one is to pass a coin along, flip the coin and call heads or tails. You call it wrong, you drink, you drop the coin, you drink big. It's pretty abusive, though, as you kinda keep on dropping the coin all the time.

There's also the prison variety, in which you pass on a bar of soap. Drop the soap, you get assraped.

Robot Jesus
9th December 08, 05:40 PM
play civilization, drink to every attack.

Shawarma
9th December 08, 05:45 PM
-Watch Obama speeches. Drink every time he says "hope" or "change."

lant3rn
9th December 08, 05:48 PM
I don't drink alot anymore either but did everyone except a exclusive few on this forum grow up as Mormon's.

Not one good drinking story and pretty bland games so far guys. I know a lot of you went to university.... :rolleyes:

Here is another geat game.

you need:
* 1 glass or mug
* 1 deck of playing cards
* 5 or more people
* Plenty of alcohol
To begin the game, Each person draws a card from the deck and the highest gets to fill the "King's CUP*" and draw first. Spread a deck of cards face down in a circle around the cup. Each person draws a card in turn and follows whatever rule is designated to that card, then moves on to the next person until the cards run out. Later in the game, if a player "breaks the circle", he or she must drink. After each drink of the "King's Cup*" it must be refilled by the person that drunk.

* not completely full. Halfway is good but it varies depending on what you want to do with the kings cards

This game can be played with the "mushroom rule", where players place a full glass or bottle of beer on the table, and, as each card is drawn, it is placed on the full beer, with at least two corners hanging unsupported by card underneath. The first person to place a card on top of the beer and knock off the cards has to chug the full beer. This is an option to use in conjunction or if the players decide not to use the "king's cup" rule.

Card Values
Ace: God - this person can make up any rule for the table. ANY! (one memorable one was someone who made a rule that when addressing a girl, people have to add "-borabora" to her name, and "-meister" if it was a guy. people who forgot that rule and were caught had to drink.) Rules may/may not still be in effect when the next Ace is drawn. you guys decide.

2: You drink
3: Person to left drinks
4: Person to right drinks

5: Thumbmaster - The thumbmaster, during his/her reign, can at anytime put his/her thumb on the table. Everyone must do the same; the last person to realize it drinks. This person is thumbmaster until the next 5 is drawn.

6: Everyone drinks
7: You pick someone to drink. (Lucky you!)

8: Waterfalls - Everyone starts drinking. The person who drew the 8 can stop whenever he/she feels like it, and when he/she does, the next person can stop or keep drinking. when he/she stops, the next person can stop/keep drinking, and so on. Screws over the last person because they're the last to be able to stop.

9: Rhyme master - this can be done either with words or phrases. The person who drew the 9 starts, and the next person must say something that rhymes with the previous word/phrase. The person unable to do so (or spends too much time thinking) on his/her turn drinks.

10: Categories - the person who drew the card states a category (Ex. woman's underwear brands) and says something of that category(Victoria's Secret). the next person does the same, and so on. the person who fails to do so (or spends too much time thinking) drinks.

Jack: all guys drink
Queen: all girls drink
King: 1st-3rd king pours his/her drink in the pitcher. 4th king drinks it!

I'll post the rules for beer pong maybe as well if nobody else does.

Shawarma
9th December 08, 05:50 PM
I've actually seen a boxed version of this game.

lant3rn
9th December 08, 05:52 PM
I've actually seen a boxed version of this game.

Plastic right? because the cardboard would drip.

Shalank
9th December 08, 09:00 PM
I love drinking, do it often, and I'm pretty good at it. Some of the games that we play more so than others are:

Up and Down the Liver:
Each person gets 4 cards placed face up in front of them. Dealer then starts dealing out a row of cards all with static drink values, 1st card is 2, 2nd is 4, 3rd is 6, 4th is 8, and 5th card is 10 drinks. The first 5 cards to go down are give cards, meaning if the 3rd card dealt is an ace, and you have an ace as one of your 4 cards, you give out 6 drinks to any of the other participants.

After the first 5 are put down on the give side, you start with the take side then, working backwards, meaning the 1st card is 10, 2nd is 8, all the back down to two drinks. This time instead of giving out drinks if one of your 4 cards matches, you take the value. Continue the cycle until the deck is out of cards. Not recommended for times when theres more than 5 people.

Fuck the Dealer
The object of this game is to guess which card is going to be next to come out of the deck. The dealer starts with the person to his left and they guess anywhere between 2 and Ace. They have 2 guesses, so in the event that the first guess is wrong, the dealer advises them the card is higher or lower than what the person guessed. They then have thier second guess. If they get it, the dealer takes 5 drinks, if they fail, they drink the difference (if the card was a 2, and they guessed jack, they would have to drink 9 drinks).

If they guesser gets it correctly first try, its 10 drinks to him()dealer), and second time is 5 drinks to him(dealer). Once the dealer has successfully made 3 people miss guessing correctly, he can pass the cards to the next person.

This game is probably the one we play the most. If you get screwed and are one of the last to get the deck passed to you, well, your fucked. Another rule we added in is that when it starts to get to the point where there is maybe 4-5 cards left to guess (obviously people will start to guess cards more correctly), the dealer can make a deal to drink X amount of drinks and call the game. We usually take the maximum available drinks, and then minimum and make him drink somewhere in between there.

Ride the Bus
This is by far one of the more ridiculous games we play, much consumption is involved if you get rowdy enough.

Theres different variations, the hardest being a 12 cards bus with 10's being 1.

You lay 12 cards face down in a cascading order, then you start flipping over the cards starting at the bottom and working upwards. Object is to get rid of all the cards on the table so that theres no face down cards.

When you start flipping cards, values 2-9 are nothing and are discarded, however if you flip over a 10, then you take 1 drink and put down 1 more card where the last one was discarded. Jacks would be 2 drinks and 2 cards, Queen 3 drinks and 3 cards, etc etc.

Once you run out of the cards to be dealt out, and there are still cards that havent been discarded, then you reshuffle the ones that were discarded and keep going. On the second round, everyone else joins in if they want. Usually the first round is just one person(who either lost a previous game, or is just unlucky)

Theres different variations, such as a 10card bus with Jacks as 1, etc.

Honestly dont know if explained any of these games well or not. Regardless though, they're a blast.

EuropIan
9th December 08, 09:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Familybusiness.jpg

partyboy
9th December 08, 09:09 PM
the best games are still: caps, beer pong and flip-cup (in that order)

nihilist
9th December 08, 09:15 PM
Moses supposes his toes' are roses but Moses supposes erroneously, for nobodies toes' are posies of roses as Moses supposes his toes' to be.

vH_OKzzZhw8

partyboy
9th December 08, 09:31 PM
I am the very model of a modern major-general...

lant3rn
10th December 08, 01:17 AM
flipcup.

Required:
8-? players
1 plastic cup for each participant
Plenty of alcohol

Step1
Split the players into two teams. There must be an even amount of players on each team.

Step2
Line one team on one end of the long table, and one team on the other end. Each team member should have an opposing teammate facing them.

Step3
Place one cup in front of each player. Fill each cup with the same amount and of alcoholic beverage. Flip cup is usually played with beer, but it can also be played with wine, cocktails or mixed drinks(for the girlies).

Step4
The game starts with the two players closest to the right side of the table. Similar to a relay race, these two players begin drinking when i third pay gives the signal. Once they are finished drinking, they will place the cup on the edge of the table and try to flip it face down onto the table by flicking their finger against the lip of the cup. The player to the right can begin once the cup is flipped over.

Step5
The winners are the team to finish their drinks and flip their cups first.

lant3rn
10th December 08, 01:19 AM
This is a great time filled with great moments. Everyone should try this game once.

nihilist
10th December 08, 01:23 AM
Here's to the Cardinal Puff.

Kiko
10th December 08, 01:10 PM
You bet your sweet ass, I'm a Cardinal!

I am King and I call my court to order...

Zendetta
10th December 08, 08:21 PM
Bah, the best drinking game is "you two chicks should make out".

f4n4n
10th December 08, 09:39 PM
Bah, the best drinking game is "you two chicks should make out".That is a game? I thought that was part of drinking...

lant3rn
10th December 08, 11:02 PM
I call it Friday.

Kiko
11th December 08, 07:30 AM
http://www.engrish.com/wp-content/uploads//2008/12/free-grass-wine.jpg