PDA

View Full Version : DARK KNIGHT DVD RELEASE - 13 VERSIONS OF THIS?

OZZ
8th December 08, 11:59 AM
So Tuesday is the day of the much-anticipated release of the Dark Knight..and there are 13 , count'em, 13 versions set to be released!!
Mind you, that's counting the blu ray variants but still - talk about milking it. Wal- Mart has its own version that comes with a comic book, HMV has its own version that comes in a case that is shaped like a Batman mask..the list goes on and on.
Thankfully my local rag ran a story in the Entertainment section of the Sunday paper that detailed each version and what comes with it so I can decide ahead of time which one I want.
Also worth noting..NO Heath Ledger tributes, special outtakes or interviews. Nolan wouldn't allow it. That is one cool thing about this release.. he avoided the ghoulish shit. He stated in an interview that he didn't want to see stickers attached to the movie case reading "Heath Ledger Extras!" or whatever..
The extras sound good..but there are no deleted scenes to be found on any of the versions that are coming out on Tuesday.
Enjoy! I know whatever version I buy will be 10 times better than the shitty pirated version I bought in the summer for 10 bucks.

OZZ
10th December 08, 10:25 PM
Just a quick comment as well on the extra disc with the featurette entitled "Batman Unmasked"...
Quite good, actually. The highlight of the extras package that comes with the HMV version. Overall, the extras are good, not great, this little featurette makes up for it in my opinion.
It really analyzes the psychology of the character in an interesting way and from a serious psychiatric manner. The even went so far as to interview some academic heavyweights from places like Harvard to get their views on the 'split personality' of the Batman. There is also some discussion about the psychological profiles of the favorites from the Rogues Gallery as well...
I know people may be thinking, big deal, that's been done before blah, blah, blah, but trust me..this is a bit different from other features of this sort.
It really is quite interesting and explores the character and the entire Batman phenonmenon from a psychological, social and mythological perspective.
About as intellectual as you can get with a comic book character. Check it out, you'll like it.

Steve
10th December 08, 11:45 PM
Hmmm, sounds pretty cool.

mrblackmagic
11th December 08, 08:48 AM
Just a quick comment as well on the extra disc with the featurette entitled "Batman Unmasked"...
Quite good, actually. The highlight of the extras package that comes with the HMV version. Overall, the extras are good, not great, this little featurette makes up for it in my opinion.
It really analyzes the psychology of the character in an interesting way and from a serious psychiatric manner. The even went so far as to interview some academic heavyweights from places like Harvard to get their views on the 'split personality' of the Batman. There is also some discussion about the psychological profiles of the favorites from the Rogues Gallery as well...
I know people may be thinking, big deal, that's been done before blah, blah, blah, but trust me..this is a bit different from other features of this sort.
It really is quite interesting and explores the character and the entire Batman phenonmenon from a psychological, social and mythological perspective.
About as intellectual as you can get with a comic book character. Check it out, you'll like it.

Who do they cover from the rogues gallery?

A.D.D
11th December 08, 10:17 AM
I really can't post this enough.

This is my favorite extra on the DVD:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/whatistechnoagain/Batman.gif

OZZ
11th December 08, 12:20 PM
The discussion of characters from the rogue's gallery includes The Riddler, The Penguin, Catwoman, Two Face and of course The Joker.
The psychiatrist's give their diagnoses of the disorders they suffer from (if any) on an individual level.
Its quite cool.

Edit: Oh, and the Scarecrow is featured too..