PDA

View Full Version : HELP me find this bad movie!

Kiko
4th December 08, 06:19 PM
The title escapes me, but I watched it on probably the sci-fi channel a few months ago and it had one of those Amazon Women on the Moon vs. Santa Clause and the Martians kinda titles. It was the title's absurdity that made us watch it - and laugh at the utter terribleness of the whole thing.

Sorta a post apocalyptic setting with REALLY horrible acting, looked like it was filmed in some old factory/warehouse. There was an obligatory hero, a chick he was saving, a villain they kept calling 'My Lord' and hench folk which included one chick who clearly got the part on the couch.

HELP ME FIGURE out what I watched!

Zendetta
4th December 08, 06:24 PM
hmmm. maybe you could act out a couple of scenes and that would jog the memory.

HappyOldGuy
4th December 08, 06:27 PM
It doesn't sound like 'Hell comes to frogtown', but you should watch that anyhow.

XKwteCwCSMw

Kiko
4th December 08, 06:30 PM
I've been looking through some of the sites that review or list stuff like this. It's not so old.. seemed like 70s or later maybe from the look of it. *sigh*

It'll gnaw at the back of my brain until I figure it out, too. I blame SpaceMoose!

Zendetta
4th December 08, 06:30 PM
ooh, I need to see that!

Also, honorable mention: Eterminator's of the Year 3000. Its basically a mad max rip-off done by a bunch of sleazy Italians. Road Warrior as a lo-budget spaghetti western with no Clint Eastwood.

Shawarma
4th December 08, 06:32 PM
Don't think it's this one, but you should watch A Boy And His Dog. Mad Max, only with ten times more rape and misanthropy. And a talking, evil dog.

Shawarma
4th December 08, 06:35 PM
Not to hijack Kiko's thread, but I need help finding the title of a movie I saw ages ago too.

It's a vampire movie, evil vampires, good hero with hot girlfriend etc, modern times.

The scene that stuck in my mind is when the hero is confronted with his hot GF who's been turned into a vampire, she turns away from him, hides her face in her hands and cries "You let them turn me into a vampire, how could you!" and as he walks to console her, she raises her face from her hands, only it's the most gruesome monster-face I ever saw now, and tries to kill him.

That monster-face scared the crap out of me when I saw it, I really want to see that scene again.

Kiko
4th December 08, 06:42 PM
Already looked:
http://www.bmoviegraveyard.com/
http://www.badmovies.org/
http://www.jabootu.com/
and rotten tomatoes.

Kiko
4th December 08, 06:43 PM
Not to hijack Kiko's thread, but I need help finding the title of a movie I saw ages ago too.

It's a vampire movie, evil vampires, good hero with hot girlfriend etc, modern times.

The scene that stuck in my mind is when the hero is confronted with his hot GF who's been turned into a vampire, she turns away from him, hides her face in her hands and cries "You let them turn me into a vampire, how could you!" and as he walks to console her, she raises her face from her hands, only it's the most gruesome monster-face I ever saw now, and tries to kill him.

That monster-face scared the crap out of me when I saw it, I really want to see that scene again.

Could that be Fright Night? Saw it Halloween.

HappyOldGuy
4th December 08, 06:45 PM
http://www.volumen.net/apoc/notdone.htm

There is a list of titles, unfortunately only titles for those. It could be almost any of them, and quite a few besides.

The GF in fright night doesn't get turned I don't think, although sometimes I confuse the original and the sequel.

Kiko
4th December 08, 06:47 PM
Nothing there rings a bell, but thanks for another list.

WarPhalange
4th December 08, 06:48 PM
Be more specific about what happened. "Bad actors and horrible script" covers nearly all movies.

HappyOldGuy
4th December 08, 06:50 PM
I was confusing fright night 1 and 2. Kiko had the correct. It was fright night 1.

Kiko
4th December 08, 06:50 PM
There wasn't much of a plot. Looked like it was filmed in the Bronx. Scrubby vegetation outdoors, abandoned factory with machines and stuff indoors. The women wore gawdy costumes. There were some alien/demon things with terrible mask/make up sorts of get ups.

WarPhalange
4th December 08, 06:53 PM
What was the movie about???

Jesus, this really isn't a hard question.

Kiko
4th December 08, 06:55 PM
Yes, it is. Describing the plot of a movie with little or NO plot isn't all that easy.
It's oke if you don't know, I'm not grading you.

Shawarma
4th December 08, 06:57 PM
Could that be Fright Night? Saw it Halloween.
Sacre Merde, Kiko, that's it! You rule.

Here's a music video with the scene I'm talking about in it, the scene begins at 2.35 in the video. And it STILL scared the pants off me!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xBm2bvWqsU4

Kiko
4th December 08, 07:03 PM
It's pretty cheesy, but Roddy MacDowell and Chris Sarandon were perfect in it. I miss Vincent Price, too.

Toby Christensen
4th December 08, 07:12 PM
"Undead" in terms of Australian cinema is the worst film I have ever seen.
I was very worried I wasn't following the plot until I learnt there really isn't one.

The original "Night of the Living Dead" was simultaneously good, bad and surreal all at once.

Shawarma
4th December 08, 07:14 PM
No, NOTLD was aaaaaall good.

HappyOldGuy
4th December 08, 07:16 PM
As in top 20 movies of all time good.

Toby, you should be flayed for even bringing it up in a bad movies thread.

Shawarma
4th December 08, 07:17 PM
Pretty close to that, certainly. It's the originator of an important genre of movie - zombie horror, and also popularised the shambling undead.

partyboy
4th December 08, 11:18 PM
44BV-5BTry0

^ my favorite christmas movie growing up

here are some more:

WcdJDwIbzX8

that one is so popular they've recreated the doll:
anbJlErYA94

and say what you will... I like the hot bitch band and their music from this one:

K-HYSBEH3ts

I mean they either rocked out or got freakin electrified! how cool is that?

new2bjj
5th December 08, 07:36 PM
Romero created an entire mythology with that movie- NOTLD. He should be a lot more pissed about being ripped off, though he admits he ripped off the original "I am Legend" story line, and stole the zombie "look" from "Carnival of Souls".

That being said, how many movies have come out where it is a given that you shoot the zombie in the head, etc? It's like sunlight and Vampires.

Truculent Sheep
5th December 08, 09:07 PM
Might it be this pile of old tosh?

http://www.post-apocalypse.co.uk/2019.html

Kiko
6th December 08, 06:28 AM
Ohh, very close, TS, but I'd remember the rats and dialogue THAT horrible.

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/2019after/

Parsifal: "The President sent us. He says there's a woman around here who can make babies."
*Her*: "That thing back there was a cyborg, half man, half robot. I knew one once. I didn't know what he was until I had made love with him."

Sun Wukong
6th December 08, 06:46 AM
that is awesome.

Kiko
6th December 08, 07:40 AM
I just scanned the imdb's entire list of sci-fi and couldn't find it. *sigh*

partyboy
6th December 08, 10:07 AM
you checked scifi.com?

Kiko
6th December 08, 10:10 AM
No, but I'm about to.

Sun Wukong
6th December 08, 03:29 PM
ok, where did you watch it at? what channel was it on?

You can check recorded listings for that date and time

Kiko
6th December 08, 04:41 PM
'Twas months ago. I think it was the Sci-Fi channel, but my husband thinks it was something more like Turner Movie Classics. I think he's nuts, it was anything but classic. Sci-Fi still runs Frankenfish once a month!