PDA

View Full Version : corn muffins

fes_fsa
24th November 08, 12:34 PM
i make my own cornbread (none of that Jiffy mix in MY house, thank you very mucy) and this is a sweeter variation of it. you can make these in a regular cake pan like you would traditional cornbread, but i prefer doing them in muffin tins--they're just easier to serve that way.

this is another one of my own personal recipes, so enjoy!

1 cup softened butter
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup honey (add more if you want a sweeter muffin)
4 eggs
1 cup milk (room temperature--fresh out of the fridge, combined with honey, will make it hard to stir)
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
2 full mugs of frozen corn (if you can find the sweet white organic, those make the best muffins... and don't get them out of the freezer until you're ready to use them--when it's frozen, the kernels don't shrivel up and they burst in your mouth in a yummy way)

cream the sugar and butter together. stir in the eggs. add honey and stir well. add milk and stir well.

in a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder. add to your wet ingredients and blend well.

add frozen corn and stir until the corn is blended all the way through. this is the hardest part of the recipe. you'll understand when you do it.

fill your muffin tins 3/4 of the way up and bake @ 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

butter the tops fresh out of the oven.

this recipe yeilds 24 to 36 muffins.

sorry i don't have any pictures. i can't find the adaptor to recharge my camera. so... i guess this will be the last recipe i post until i DO find it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. :)

Steve
24th November 08, 05:58 PM
Man, I've been craving just regular corn bread for months... Corn muffins is just over the top, yum.