PDA

View Full Version : Post merger forum description for Sociocide....

Steve
19th November 08, 04:04 AM
Okay, folks, we have forum descriptions for all of our boards here on Sociocide, I'd like to hear ideas from the regular posters as to what we should say about Sociocide once it's brought back over to Bullshido (if there will be any description, that is up in the air).

Okay, go.

bob
19th November 08, 06:32 AM
Maybe we should have our own version of newbietown, with instructions that posters new to this particular area, no matter how long they've been on bullshido, should post a short intro thread. Have a large warning that trolling newbs is a bannable offense.

Then when everyone mercilessly trolls the shit out of them, their reaction should give us some valuable insights into their character and potential worth to the site. Just for added kicks Kiko can randomly ban people for trolling the newbs now and then.

Feryk
19th November 08, 11:38 AM
Off topic forums sounds okay to me. That's what it says on the side of the bs pages right now.

Kiko
19th November 08, 02:34 PM
Just for added kicks Kiko can randomly ban people for trolling the newbs now and then.

^
This!

WarPhalange
19th November 08, 07:15 PM
Make it public, but say "For Supporting Members Only".

Steve
19th November 08, 07:34 PM
Off topic forums sounds okay to me. That's what it says on the side of the bs pages right now.

Just to clarify, we need something more specific than "off topic" or "general BS." What I'm looking for is a little blurb that not only covers what we like to talk about but also conveys our general dislike of idiot posters and trolls (myself excluded).

Thought we'd let the users come up with some ideas so we could shamelessly steal them and pretend they're our own..

Kiko
20th November 08, 07:00 AM
What's this we/they stuff? Sociocide IS us!

*sob*

I thought YOU understood, Steve.... But you're just like the rest... *sob*

Yiktin Voxbane
20th November 08, 07:35 AM
NUDE LIVE GIRLS !
The *Showusyourweiner*forum
TARD FREE ZONE
Cullions manlove Forum .

That should scare 70% of'em off

Kiko
20th November 08, 07:44 AM
Scare? you mean ATTRACT!

You guys really need to broaden the posting base of this place.

Phrost
20th November 08, 09:49 AM
It'll eventually be its own "Tab" on the site once we get past the remerge, upgrade. As for the name itself, I was thinking "Sociocide: Politics, Pop Culture, Games, and Geeks".

Kiko
20th November 08, 01:00 PM
FASHION FORUM!

Sure, if you want more closet MJS types.

It's too bad I don't have lots of female friends who I wouldn't be ashamed to invite here. Honestly I don't really have more than a handful at all.

I think we need to steal some from Fark.

elipson
20th November 08, 10:58 PM
"We're smarter than you and we know it"

Doesn't that pretty much wrap up the whole forum?

Steve
20th November 08, 11:02 PM
Heh, that will go over real well, won't bring the trolls at all.... lol

I think Phrost has something up his sleeve, we are going to be as independent as possible, I know that much. Just much easier for folks to go back and forth.

Tanhalen21
20th November 08, 11:17 PM
Maybe we should have our own version of newbietown

Seconded.

Feryk
21st November 08, 12:20 PM
Nah. Sociocide doesn't rip people apart just for shits and giggles.

Much.

Robot Jesus
25th November 08, 12:46 AM
a trollshido, not just an rarely moded forum like CTC, but a thread graveyard. I always liked how bullshido kept track of it's mod actions in this manner.

fes_fsa
25th November 08, 01:43 AM
i think some people should get permanent Newb tags, especially the folks who post here to get away from the assholery of BS. take AS, for example. on BS, he'd get flamed, whether he posts content or not.

some people might view this as favoritism... but really, we don't need some "troll brigade" shitting on a bunch of threads, just because they don't like a guy.

Tanhalen21
25th November 08, 01:44 AM
Fes, I've been meaning to tell you that your avatar is dank. That is all.

fes_fsa
25th November 08, 01:44 AM
you should see the one i've got on BS. :)

SpringHeeledJack
25th November 08, 02:22 AM
i think some people should get permanent Newb tags, especially the folks who post here to get away from the assholery of BS. take AS, for example. on BS, he'd get flamed, whether he posts content or not.

some people might view this as favoritism... but really, we don't need some "troll brigade" shitting on a bunch of threads, just because they don't like a guy.

this or something like it. I hate that shit.

Arhetton
25th November 08, 08:51 AM
perhaps just an 'ignore members post' function or some such thing.

I think its entirely possible with greasemonkey but my IT skills are pretty non existant. Perhaps someone like poops or cullion could offer a simple 'ignore user script'.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

You will be paid with pictures of boobs.

On another forum I'm using this script is up and running, I can't even see the trolls posts, its wonderful.

Arhetton
25th November 08, 09:28 AM
hehehe:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2878/tharuzpo9.jpg

Aphid Jones
25th November 08, 10:29 AM
Post-Merger will contain three main subforums:

>Religion Fights (I.E. Fundamentalist Muslims VS. Less-Fundamentalist Muslims)

>Reposted Outrage News (I.E. Soccer Mom Cuts Off Son's Foot After Finals Loss)

>Ego-Boosters (I.E. I Just Taught Myself How to Sculpt Quails Out of Styrofoam)

That way the trolls can find their way to their proper threads more easily.

Yiktin Voxbane
25th November 08, 11:00 AM
The DAyoung Memorial Forum :)

fes_fsa
25th November 08, 12:09 PM
hehehe:

who do we ignore? the guy we don't like? or the assholes that shit on perfectly good threads (ones that haven't completely died/are still getting tons of content-filled posts) just to bully one or two posters?

i don't think we should have to ignore the latter, but i certainly don't want to have to scroll down so many pages just to read a good debate.

i'd like to think of Sociocide as a safe haven of sorts. the regulars here don't bully other posters (maybe we do/have done so on BS, but that's over there, and never here). eventually, even turds start to post mildly amusing things. they're given a medium in which to practice being less douchy.

that, in and of itself is a beautiful thing... which is why we should help them.

at least the few that are actually trying to post content, anyway.

Feryk
25th November 08, 01:42 PM
I like fes' new warm and fuzzy side, but in all honesty - one of the things I love about BS is that bullshit is called frequently and vehemently.

I don't need a forum full of Riddecks...

Kiko
25th November 08, 01:45 PM
What, then do we need? and how do we get it?

Steve
25th November 08, 02:01 PM
I like fes' new warm and fuzzy side, but in all honesty - one of the things I love about BS is that bullshit is called frequently and vehemently.

I call BULLSHIT!

I know you really love Riddeck, don't think you can deny that here. I've seen you two holding hands...

fes_fsa
25th November 08, 02:08 PM

polishillusion comes too mind, as well....

anyway, we call bullshit here, too.

the difference is that we don't start in on the trolling until a person is ousted as a fraud.

and even then, we don't typically drive people out to the point where they stop attempting to make decent posts.

sure, Riddek posts bullshit he believes to be true. and it's obvious bullshit. but that doesn't stop other posters here from engaging him in logical debate.

that would never happen in BS.

perfectly good threads will get trollshidoed. lulfests we were trying to follow get swiss cheesed.

i'm here because it doesn't happen here.

all of our diatribes, no matter how stupid and trollish they are, are left intact.

Kiko
25th November 08, 02:10 PM
I think we should have a sit-in.

We'll be in CTC chaining ourselves to stickies!

Arhetton
25th November 08, 07:22 PM
yeah well I don't know. Post merger there might be like 20 forums or something, most people won't have the attention span to look at them all and will probably stick in the forums they know.

I think we'll definately get more members, but I don't know how much sociocide will take off. Who knows how the posting quality will change anyway?

Some of sections might really take off - like the motor vehicles subforum and the food subforum.

I was looking at some of my old posts from over a year ago, they seem pretty retarded to me now, I think as long as we reward people for good posts and discourage bad posts we'll get good members.

Mas
25th November 08, 07:39 PM
When is the merger going down anyways?

fes_fsa
25th November 08, 07:53 PM
from what Steve's told me...

probably sometime in the early new year.

Tanhalen21
25th November 08, 08:30 PM
What if the admins suddenly decided against Merging? That would be pretty anti-climactic.

fes_fsa
25th November 08, 09:55 PM
they start a thread about the merge being nothing but a bad dream.

we're all disappointed that this season of The Young and Sociocidal was such a waste.

Kiko
26th November 08, 06:41 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fes_fsa again.

I loved Newhart.

Sabore Wallace
27th January 09, 10:18 AM
Honestly there's organized, and there's cluster fuck, and there's cluster fuck organized. Create too many forums for every topic known to man, and your site will look nothing more than a /dir of your Windows folder.

Old phrase I always love... KISS. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Otherwise your forum might end up looking something like this...

http://cruisefreekforums.forumfreek.com/forum.htm

EuropIan
27th January 09, 10:25 AM
This is nothing, you should see Phrost's other baby; Bullshido.

Mas
27th January 09, 12:46 PM
This is nothing, you should see Phrost's other baby; Bullshido.
Sometimes when you like into the Abyss, the Abyss looks back into you.