PDA

View Full Version : Rectangular, School Pizza

SpringHeeledJack
18th November 08, 08:37 PM
I don't know what made me think about it, but for the last few weeks I've really been wanting to find some of this stuff. Anybody else know what I'm talking about? It looked kind of like this:

http://www.philben.net/images/blog/schoollunch.jpg

Sometimes it had some sort of ground up meat scattered sparingly on top, but I'm not sure if it was sausage or beef. Either way it was delicious. The old skating rink here used to serve a similar style of pizza that was in individual plastic pouches that had to be nuked for about a minute. My god! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

So... what do you think my chances are of finding some of this stuff? Anybody know what company made it or how I could get my hands on it?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
18th November 08, 09:19 PM
are you a masochist

Neildo
18th November 08, 09:41 PM
i just puked a little.

WarPhalange
18th November 08, 09:55 PM
Ellio's pizza. I loved the stuff as a kid.

http://www.ellios.com/Products.aspx

Neildo
18th November 08, 10:07 PM
Wesley. I like you so i'm not going to let you do this to yourself. it's really easy to make pizza from ingredients you have lying around the house, and it will taste better than any pizza you can fucking unwrap the cellophane from and nuke *barf*.

This is now the official 'Help Wesley make a Pizza' thread.

Get some flatbread.

put some tomato based pasta sauce on it.

Slice up some cold cuts or cook up some hamburger or bits of bacon or all of the above, i don't care. put that on there. some thinly sliced onion maybe, bit of canned black olive, green pepper if you're into that. sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the whole mess. bake it in the oven for maybe uh...15-20 minutes at i'd say oh, 325 or 350 and you have pizza.

dude.

Robot Jesus
18th November 08, 11:17 PM
http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

Pizza is an art Wesley.

fes_fsa
18th November 08, 11:22 PM
omg... you actually LIKE the taste of poverty?

WarPhalange
19th November 08, 12:04 AM
Poverty? Look at that thing! They get silverware. My school barely gave you a spork. And a fucking pretzel. You were lucky to get the pizza, milk, and corn at my school.

Fucking spoiled.

Tanhalen21
19th November 08, 12:06 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you? That shit was gross and I'm not totally sure what was on top instead of cheese, but I think it might have been dried out human skin. Like the kind of stuff Buffalo Bill would wear.

Elios is good as shit though

WarPhalange
19th November 08, 12:33 AM
If you think that was bad then you don't want to know what I thought was bad. Pizza was one of the best lunches at school.

fes_fsa
19th November 08, 12:41 AM
Poverty? Look at that thing! They get silverware. My school barely gave you a spork. And a fucking pretzel. You were lucky to get the pizza, milk, and corn at my school.

Fucking spoiled.

he said it *looked* something like that.

for all i know, that could've been a tray of classy hospital food.

i'll have you know that YEAH, i AM spoiled.

our lunches were MUCH better than all the starch that was placed onto that tray.

it wasn't until junior high that we started getting shitty pizzas like those.

and milk in a bag. ugh!

Tanhalen21
19th November 08, 12:53 AM
If you think that was bad then you don't want to know what I thought was bad. Pizza was one of the best lunches at school.

It wasn't a matter of what they were serving. It was a matter of what it tasted like. Everything tasted like shit.

Tanhalen21
19th November 08, 12:54 AM
and milk in a bag. ugh!

Lol, where did you go to school, Africa?

fes_fsa
19th November 08, 12:56 AM
Lol, where did you go to school, Africa?

Anaheim.

i remember when those were new.

i stuffed them in my shirt and played "breast implants."

my friend, Darlene jabbed one with a pencil.

i proceeded to "milk" all over her. :)

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
19th November 08, 01:00 AM
how titillating

Mas
19th November 08, 02:41 AM
To eat perhaps to drink, ay, there's the jug.

(Doing it wrong?)

Steve
19th November 08, 05:23 AM
http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/brand.aspx?catID=76

Ignore the E. coli scare. (http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSWNAS984320071101)

SpringHeeledJack
19th November 08, 09:24 AM
You guys are nuts. That pizza was great. Poops is clearly the only one here with good tastes.

Neil, thanks for the tips, and I do sometimes make my own pizzas, but this isn't about eating quality food, it's about delicious nostalgia as a quick snack (I will try out your recipe though. Sounds good).

Steve, Totinos are my go-to frozen pizza now. Ten minutes directly on the rack and you have a masterpiece. It's a good thing I don't like pepperoni, huh?

Fes, yes, poverty is delicious.

billy sol hurok
19th November 08, 10:21 AM
Sicillian pizza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicilian_pizza), rubes. Luscious, crunchy, doughy, cheesy -- and rectangular. (Not some fake "deep dish" round apostasy.)

http://www.brandlispizza.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/sicilian.88164532_std.jpg

That is what's being imitated in SHJ's op. Sure I'm a pizza snob. And yet (to paraphrase Woody Allen): Pizza at its best is a sublime experience; pizza at its worst . . . is still pretty damn good.

jvjim
19th November 08, 02:23 PM
http://www.bloglander.com/cheapeats/2005/04/19/banquet-pepperoni-pizza-meal/

I've been eating the banquet line and pb, and j sandwiches almost exclusivly since the economy collapsed. It's depressarific.

Kiko
19th November 08, 02:27 PM
Billy Sol is right! Sicilian all the way.

Now if you must make it more like school pizza.. or even if you have leftover Sicilian (yes, you must capitalize it or Vinny will take you for a drive) you want to pan fry this pizza in olive oil until the crust is just golden and spoon some of the oil over the cheese to (re)melt it. Sprinkle on some basil, oregano and garlic and you have a slice of heaven!

Damn, now I want pizza!

SpringHeeledJack
19th November 08, 02:46 PM
Damn, now I want pizza!You and me both. Since I can't find any school pizza (yet), I'm going down to the one place here you can get fairly authentic* NY-style pizza. It's pretty great and I hate most take-out pizza.

*The owner is from NY and has been involved in some shady dealings. He faked his own death in Pennsylvania, going so far as to put a real body in the car before he burned it. I think they never found out who the body belonged to or how the guy acquired it. I still don't understand why he's not in jail.... there's a sense of danger when you eat there, because the owner is probably a murderer, but whatever, he still makes a good pie.

Kiko
19th November 08, 02:55 PM
Ellio's will be like school pizza. Find it in the frozen section of your supermarket.

Tanhalen21
19th November 08, 02:59 PM
Elios will be like school pizza except instead of human jerky for cheese, it's actually real cheese. And it tastes good. You sick fuck.

Kiko
19th November 08, 03:01 PM
MMMMmmmm! These blondies are SOOOooo good.. and you get NOTHING!!!

Tanhalen21
19th November 08, 03:03 PM
Why you must taunt me ;(

Kiko
19th November 08, 03:04 PM
Because I can.

Mr. Mantis
19th November 08, 05:00 PM
I have to admit, I liked that school pizza too. I used to like Ellio's, but not so much any more. I don't eat pizza much. Actually, I only ate it once this year from a pizza place. I have made it at home a half dozen times or so.

Of course, next month I will stock up on Pizza Perfect and freeze that stuff!

Kiko
19th November 08, 05:05 PM
You mean Coal Country Pizza, right?

Tanhalen21
19th November 08, 06:18 PM
Klan Kuntry Pizza

Mr. Mantis
19th November 08, 06:27 PM
You mean Coal Country Pizza, right?
You got that right.

Doritosaurus Chex
20th November 08, 01:54 AM
School lunches were gross. Pizza included. It always gave me the foulest smelling gas. I had some good times in class when I'd squeeze out a silent fart and watch everyone around me react to my foul stench. I played along, but I secretly found it amusing. So, whenever it was pizza day at school, I'd buy a slice just so I could repeat the cycle.

One time, I stole a hot dog from the school cafeteria. When I opened the foil wrapping, the hot dog was green.

Tanhalen21
20th November 08, 02:12 AM
When I opened the foil wrapping, the hot dog was green.

This same thing happened to me once.

Steve
20th November 08, 02:15 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Kiko
20th November 08, 07:13 AM
Klan Kuntry Pizza
KKP? No.

Maybe if you'd made it KALZONE.

Capitalist Coal Country Pizza.
Lrn2 anagram!

billy sol hurok
20th November 08, 08:06 AM
*The owner is from NY and has been involved in some shady dealings. &c.
Guy once propounded a theory? myth? that there's a reason East Coast pizza pwns all others: the flour. Only the (alleged) cosa nostra imports the good shit, and they've (allegedly) got a lock on the distribution. And that's why everyone else's crust tastes like white bread, children.

SHJ: Next time you go get a slice, ask the guy for us huh?

Kiko
20th November 08, 01:02 PM
Guy once propounded a theory? myth? that there's a reason East Coast pizza pwns all others: the flour. Only the (alleged) cosa nostra imports the good shit, and they've (allegedly) got a lock on the distribution. And that's why everyone else's crust tastes like white bread, children.

SHJ: Next time you go get a slice, ask the guy for us huh?

I heard it was the cheese. We knew a guy who ran a pizza shop in the Bronx. I wonder if he's still there. Something about the guys who sold him the mozzarella also insisted that he have video games from them, too.

SpringHeeledJack
20th November 08, 01:05 PM
SHJ: Next time you go get a slice, ask the guy for us huh?Yeah, I'll get right on that.