PDA

View Full Version : We're Going Home

Phrost
5th November 08, 10:41 AM
This is something we'd planned for shortly after the election, so don't slap on any tinfoil and think it had anything to do with the results; it was going to happen either way.

Based on careful consideration it's become clear that the level of discussion would improve dramatically if we were reintegrated with Bullshido. There would be a separate skin to identify Sociocide forums as their own animal, but they'd simply fall under the Bullshido.net URL and "New Posts".

If at some point in the future it becomes prudent to re-spin it off, we'll do that. Until then, the sociocide.com domain will point to the new forum section (set up much like the TMA one is currently).

Back in 2004 when I originally considered the split due to the overwhelming amount of off topic posts, I envisioned an equally thriving community based on the Bullshido principles of "No BS, No Holds Barred discussion". While we've achieved that part, the "thriving community" bit isn't what I'd hoped for. And if the most historic election in the past 30 years couldn't get it to that point, then it's a telling sign of how things aren't at the point where two sites are necessary or productive.

The good news is, aside from the dedicated support forum, the forum structure will pretty much remain intact. The better news is that the Reviews section will actually benefit from having an actual reviews interface with options for ratings and such.

It's been a good run, and this might not happen overnight. But it's for the best.

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 11:43 AM
I just wish you had done it earlier. More meat would have made the election season more fun.

But there will be others.

partyboy
5th November 08, 11:54 AM
all I can think is, "oh shit, here come's the flood of retards"

...or if you prefer:

H9MxTRspXpQ

Neildo
5th November 08, 12:13 PM
This is something we'd planned for shortly after the election, so don't slap on any tinfoil and think it had anything to do with the results; it was going to happen either way.

Based on careful consideration it's become clear that the level of discussion would improve dramatically if we were reintegrated with Bullshido. There would be a separate skin to identify Sociocide forums as their own animal, but they'd simply fall under the Bullshido.net URL and "New Posts".

If at some point in the future it becomes prudent to re-spin it off, we'll do that. Until then, the sociocide.com domain will point to the new forum section (set up much like the TMA one is currently).

Back in 2004 when I originally considered the split due to the overwhelming amount of off topic posts, I envisioned an equally thriving community based on the Bullshido principles of "No BS, No Holds Barred discussion". While we've achieved that part, the "thriving community" bit isn't what I'd hoped for. And if the most historic election in the past 30 years couldn't get it to that point, then it's a telling sign of how things aren't at the point where two sites are necessary or productive.

The good news is, aside from the dedicated support forum, the forum structure will pretty much remain intact. The better news is that the Reviews section will actually benefit from having an actual reviews interface with options for ratings and such.

It's been a good run, and this might not happen overnight. But it's for the best.

yeah out of curiosity i checked Currently active users last night, only about 350+

"Most users ever online was 3,063, 21st June 07 at 02:05 PM."

What happened that day that can be replicated?

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 12:24 PM
I knew it! I knew Phrost would come back from the dead and lead us back to the Promised Land! I never lost faith!

Neildo
5th November 08, 12:26 PM
you miss the days of Old BS? I kind of like having a separate board.

So, will the big merge include a full thread merge? What about a rep merge? I think i'd have like over 8000 points if that happened.

Kiko
5th November 08, 12:32 PM
I've never been past the homepage... er.. hmmm.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 12:34 PM
you miss the days of Old BS? I kind of like having a separate board.

So, will the big merge include a full thread merge? What about a rep merge? I think i'd have like over 8000 points if that happened.

I'd have over 9000.

kungfujew
5th November 08, 01:05 PM
I've never been past the homepage... er.. hmmm.

Beyond are big sweaty men, grunting while locked in eternal combat with lolTKD/lolNinjers.

Kiko
5th November 08, 01:06 PM
That's kinda what I expected/feared.

*sigh*

Phrost
5th November 08, 01:09 PM
Sociocide.com will redirect straight to this set of forums so you'll never have to bother with the front page.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 01:13 PM
That's kinda what I expected/feared.

*sigh*

It's okay, Kiko. I'll keep you safe.

Kiko
5th November 08, 01:20 PM
With a Hadron Collider and your trusty bicycle?

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 01:24 PM
I'll have you know that I've been told by many people that it's a Large Hadron Collider. ;)

JudOWNED
5th November 08, 01:38 PM
But... I started posting here! Wasn't that enough???

Kiko
5th November 08, 01:39 PM
I still say you need more wimmins and diversity from MMA.

But what the hell do I know?

SFGOON
5th November 08, 01:46 PM
I think it just goes to prove that most martial artists aren't too bright.

Kiko
5th November 08, 01:49 PM
It's all that getting hit in the head and put into choke holds.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 01:53 PM
Well, you have to be pretty stupid to sign up for that in the first place.

Zendetta
5th November 08, 02:03 PM
How 'bout the fact that they PAY for said beatings and chokings?!??!

Let me say, as a tangent, that I am LOVING my new gym.

http://www.pacificringsports.com/blog/index.php?p=62

I'm training boxing and muay thai for an hour before work. It gives me tons of energy and the endorphins keep me happy, mellow, and stress-free thoughout the workday.

Nuthin' beats starting the day better than puncinhg stuff. Oh yeah.

Cullion
5th November 08, 02:09 PM
This is you throwing a sulk because you can't think of a good reply to my 'LOL Heinlein was a closet fascist' point, isn't it Phrost ?

SpringHeeledJack
5th November 08, 02:14 PM
I'm not too keen on the idea, but who gives a fuck what I think? Nobody, that's who.

Compared to Happeh, Riddeck's views seem rational.

Tanhalen21
5th November 08, 02:24 PM
I'd have over 9000.

http://www.geocline.net/miscimages/Over9000_small.jpg

Truculent Sheep
5th November 08, 02:25 PM
Sociocide.com will redirect straight to this set of forums so you'll never have to bother with the front page.

That's good - I see this place as my home from home on the web. Bullshido's a laugh but as someone who's been too skint to train since I joined, I don't feel comfortable posting on there that much. It doesn't seem right, somehow - something that's not been earned.

sochin101
5th November 08, 02:37 PM
That's good - I see this place as my home from home on the web. Bullshido's a laugh but as someone who's been too skint to train since I joined, I don't feel comfortable posting on there that much. It doesn't seem right, somehow - something that's not been earned.
I had that same thought when I was too ill to train... I stopped posting on Bs.net for three months.
The consensus seemed to be that provided a non-trainer (temporary or otherwise) didn't pass themselves off as an expert, there was plenty of space in various sub-forums over there that the individual shouldn't feel like they don't belong.

But, then, what do I know... I'm not Kein Haar approved...

Steve
5th November 08, 02:51 PM
"Most users ever online was 3,063, 21st June 07 at 02:05 PM."

What happened that day that can be replicated?

That number is from when Bullshido and Sociocide were still connected through the user base.

The whole merge will be a good thing for everybody. The only problem I foresee is the "new posts" will bring up both Bullshido and Sociocide posts, could make finding threads a bit more cumbersome. On the flip side, being able to move bullshit off-topic threads from Bullshido to Sociocide (and of course the other way around) will be nice.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 02:52 PM
http://www.geocline.net/miscimages/Over9000_small.jpg

Yes, that was my point.

Tanhalen21
5th November 08, 02:55 PM
I have a feeling it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with threads

sochin101
5th November 08, 02:56 PM
On the flip side, being able to move bullshit off-topic threads from Bullshido to Sociocide (and of course the other way around) will be nice.
Will this be the death knell for my third favourite Phrost catchphrase: "Sociocide, fuckers" *Close thread*???

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 02:57 PM
Here I just hit the "New Posts" button. With OVER 9000 members on Bullshido, that won't work, especially if the MA threads are included into that. I haven't done any MA in 3 years, so I'd also feel really out of place there. That's why I haven't been posting there in forever.

Kein Haar
5th November 08, 03:01 PM
Sparta isn't dead.

Steve
5th November 08, 03:05 PM
Will this be the death knell for my third favourite Phrost catchphrase: "Sociocide, fuckers" *Close thread*???

Heh, that has been one of my favorite catchphrases too. Yes, the merge should bring an end to that.

partyboy
5th November 08, 04:04 PM
shit, we need a filter for the New Posts link

... and now I only get to have one avatar :(

Kiko
5th November 08, 04:05 PM
Question... do I need to register at Bullshido, or can I pretend nothing is changing?

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 04:06 PM
Yes.

Kiko
5th November 08, 04:07 PM
Thanks. Give me 3 facts about the Magna Carta!!

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 04:07 PM
That's what she said!

Kiko
5th November 08, 04:12 PM
*taps foot*

sochin101
5th November 08, 04:13 PM
Even though I'm a total Johnny-come-lately to Sociocide, I like the nerdy-clique feel this place has.
I hope the geek enclave on Bullshido retains the same vibe.
LOL. Vibe.

sochin101
5th November 08, 04:14 PM
Heh, that has been one of my favorite catchphrases too. Yes, the merge should bring an end to that.
Will your taco be making the leap across the great divide?

Kiko
5th November 08, 04:14 PM
Maybe we should import more nerds from.. um.. Nerdy places?

Everyone go to a gaming forum and kidnap someone!

Steve
5th November 08, 04:16 PM
Question... do I need to register at Bullshido, or can I pretend nothing is changing?

No, you will have the same login when this is all over. One cookie for everything (if you decide to venture into the darkness that is the martial arts flame warz).

Kiko
5th November 08, 04:20 PM
That would be like um.. um..

PL joining a debate about history or Tanhalen joining a RP forum.

Unless Bullshido needs some fun pictures that only vaguely have to do with the topic.

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 04:21 PM
Think of this place as a virtual barstool chat.

It's just not the same without the potential for drunken violence.

Steve
5th November 08, 04:26 PM
Will your taco be making the leap across the great divide?

Hmmm, that is a damn good question. I have a real attachment to my shotgun toting redneck as well as my taco wielding joker. Damn it! Now I'm getting pissed at the merge!

sochin101
5th November 08, 04:54 PM
Unless Bullshido needs some fun pictures that only vaguely have to do with the topic.
You just described about 95% of my posts over there... apart from the "having something to do with the topic" part.

sochin101
5th November 08, 04:55 PM
Hmmm, that is a damn good question. I have a real attachment to my shotgun toting redneck as well as my taco wielding joker. Damn it! Now I'm getting pissed at the merge!
Well, will you still flirt outrageously with Nunon at least?

Cullion
5th November 08, 04:59 PM
There are some cool people on Bullshido, it's just that the same topics come up over and over again and even the smart people mostly troll it all to shit out of boredom.

partyboy
5th November 08, 05:09 PM
There are some cool people on Bullshido, it's just that the same topics come up over and over again and even the smart people mostly troll it all to shit out of boredom.

LIAR!!

EuropIan
5th November 08, 05:10 PM
Like here?

The change won't matter much.

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 05:22 PM
But people there travel to beat your ass. Fer reals!

EuropIan
5th November 08, 05:29 PM
But people there travel to beat your ass. Fer reals!
I'm not sure 'whether or not Batman could beat Alucard' is a gong-sau worthy topic

Kiko
5th November 08, 05:31 PM
I will avoid that phrase at all costs. Any of you shows up on my doorstep unexpectedly, I'd have to release the dog and cats on you.

Steve
5th November 08, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure 'whether or not Batman could beat Alucard' is a gong-sau worthy topic

That is just a silly topic. Everyone knows Alucard would kick Batman's ass, no reason to debate.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 05:32 PM
Okay, but what if they were both Jedi?

EuropIan
5th November 08, 05:33 PM
That is just a silly topic. Everyone knows Alucard would kick Batman's ass, no reason to debate.
Oh godamnit

GONG SAU

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 05:34 PM
I heard Omega through a guy out of a window just for giving Phrost a footrub.

sochin101
5th November 08, 05:35 PM
Okay, but what if they were both Jedi?they won't fight each other.
now, if one was a jedi and one was Sith...

Wait, it would depend which was which...

sochin101
5th November 08, 05:37 PM
Wait, I have an actual question about the Sitemageddon...

Will there still be a Sociocide members only place like the psycho anal club, or will it be merged with the BBC?

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 05:38 PM
Batman would be a Sith, but he'd want to do good and he would fight evil, but be outcast by the Jedi order, to live forever in shadows.

Cullion
5th November 08, 05:39 PM

I don't think you ought to be talkin about fightin, kem(n)po man.

Steve
5th November 08, 05:40 PM
Whatever you Tai Chi stud. *rolls eyes*

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 05:40 PM
I don't think you ought to be talkin about fightin, kem(n)po man.

Don't you have a park to be collecting rust in with the other senior citizens taichi boy.

Kiko
5th November 08, 05:42 PM

Will there still be a Sociocide members only place like the psycho anal club, or will it be merged with the BBC?

Can we be re-named Socio-mageddon? Please?????

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 05:43 PM
No. I want Arma-cide, dammit!

Steve
5th November 08, 05:44 PM

There should still be a members only forum on Sociocide, the old NHB forum on Bullshido will get merged into it.

Basically it will be the anything goes (NSFW) forum for members (oh god, I can see the trolls from Bullshido posting now... *shudder*) while the BBC will be the safe for work forum for members.

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 05:45 PM
See, this is why I hate bullshido. The denizens lurk in perma refresh waiting to bite. You have to have reflexes like a cat to get off the first dig at a chunner/ninja/park dancer.

sochin101
5th November 08, 05:47 PM
If we give it a long name, it should confuse lebell & Moose enough so they don't come in.

Cullion
5th November 08, 05:49 PM
Whatever you Tai Chi stud. *rolls eyes*

And so it begins..

See what you've done here, Phrost ?

Seriously though, we do need to retain the same mods, and 'rules of the road' for moderation that Sociocide had.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 05:53 PM
So no moderation?

Truculent Sheep
5th November 08, 05:56 PM
Can we also keep our avatars? Some arsehole in Bullshido made everyone who's not a full member lost theirs.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 05:57 PM
Why? Your avatar is shit anyway.

Kiko
5th November 08, 05:58 PM
*chortles* pot... kettle?

EuropIan
5th November 08, 06:01 PM
OH YEAH!

sochin101
5th November 08, 06:01 PM
Can we also keep our avatars? Some arsehole in Bullshido made everyone who's not a full member lost theirs.
That was the Question abusing the privilege, if I remember correctly, so they took away all the avatars...
I'm pretty sure non-supporting members have avatars at 1000 posts still, though.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 06:05 PM

Yes, but mine is $20 shit, whereas his is free shit.

Steve
5th November 08, 06:06 PM
And so it begins..

See what you've done here, Phrost ?

Seriously though, we do need to retain the same mods, and 'rules of the road' for moderation that Sociocide had.

The staff structure will be the same. No changes in how the site will be moderated either.

EuropIan
5th November 08, 06:06 PM
Ha ha

You payed for shit

Kiko
5th November 08, 06:07 PM
You PAID for that picture???

Bwahahahahahahahahhaaha!

Kiko
5th November 08, 06:08 PM
*clinks glasses with Ian*

Steve
5th November 08, 06:11 PM

I can help you out with that once the merge is complete. Just PM me and I'll hook ya up.

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 06:11 PM
The staff structure will be the same. No changes in how the site will be moderated either.

Does that mean I can post pre-op tranny pictures in DHS and just get 24 hours?

EuropIan
5th November 08, 06:15 PM
What will happen to the vastly inferior LLL?

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 06:17 PM
It will be merged into the newly renamed Fes Fsa stalker club.

EuropIan
5th November 08, 06:18 PM
I thought I was the president of that?

Steve
5th November 08, 06:21 PM
Does that mean I can post pre-op tranny pictures in DHS and just get 24 hours?

Meh. 24 hours, 24 months, it's all the same to me.

EuropIan
5th November 08, 06:23 PM
I should do a 'HOW DO HEALOCK?' in DHS just for shits n' giggles.

Kiko
5th November 08, 06:25 PM
Spell things out! I feel like I'm back on the EQ board again!!!

EuropIan
5th November 08, 06:27 PM
My post just became more awesome because of a mistake

HappyOldGuy
5th November 08, 06:28 PM
DHS=Department of Homeland security, the grappling technique board.

Notable for getting almost no traffic since the BJJihad feels that any question posted there is beneath their lofty standards so they immediately dump it into another forum and ban the poster.

EuropIan
5th November 08, 06:30 PM
Well, the technique forum is good if you like stroking Aesopians penis.

Kiko
5th November 08, 06:34 PM
Given my understanding of MMA your explanations sound like this to me:
http://patrick.net/wp/wp-content/ginger.gif

But thank you for humoring me ;)

partyboy
5th November 08, 07:41 PM
think of cats fighting

bob
5th November 08, 07:52 PM
Is bullshido still playing re-runs? I haven't checked lately.

Phrost
5th November 08, 08:22 PM
This is you throwing a sulk because you can't think of a good reply to my 'LOL Heinlein was a closet fascist' point, isn't it Phrost ?

No. You can hate on Heinlein all you want over there; I've been kicking around his ideas since this forum was General Bullshit and a gleam in my eye.

Phrost
5th November 08, 08:23 PM
I have a feeling it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with threads

That's what subscriptions in your control panel are for.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 08:24 PM
It's easier to just come into random threads and throw one-liners.

Phrost
5th November 08, 08:29 PM
I'll look into a more robust, feature-rich "New Posts" which would allow Bullshido or Sociocide searches.

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 08:42 PM
Thanks Phrost. You're like a second mother to me.

Truculent Sheep
5th November 08, 09:15 PM
Yes, but mine is $20 shit, whereas his is free shit.

Your point being?

WarPhalange
5th November 08, 09:26 PM
Shut up and enjoy the last days of your Avatar, that's what.

Steve
6th November 08, 05:49 AM
I'll look into a more robust, feature-rich "New Posts" which would allow Bullshido or Sociocide searches.

Even just color-coding the threads by forum would be helpful.

Truculent Sheep
6th November 08, 07:53 AM
Shut up and enjoy the last days of your Avatar, that's what.

'Fraid not, my dear belligerent.

Kiko
6th November 08, 07:56 AM
think of cats fighting

Oh, that's a familiar event around here. Is there lots of scratching, biting and caterwauling among you guys?

Truculent Sheep
6th November 08, 08:10 AM
You forgot handbags at dawn. The site also repeats itself a lot as I pointed out a while ago:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1775364&postcount=101

There are only eight possible threads on Bullshido. The tone and theme may vary, but all discussion on this site still adheres to one of the following narratives:

i. Aikido/_ing -un is/isn't gay.
ii. Rudy is a sad bastard.
iii. You're wrong and I read Ayn Rand.
iv. I'm right and you read Ayn Rand
v. God, I'm wonderful/ a narcissist.
vi. I think we should all go to the Gracies' house and give them a wank.
viii. Oh look - a lamb to the slaughter.

Steve
6th November 08, 10:33 AM
Is the seventh reason too deadly to list? Oh, I get it, it's probably about my 700+ bans.

Truculent Sheep
6th November 08, 11:54 AM
vii. Cognitive Dissonance ahoy!

Kiko
6th November 08, 12:05 PM
You know, none of this is making me feel much better about the whole thing....

Truculent Sheep
6th November 08, 12:10 PM
Don't worry - the meatheads tend to hang around in the Style/YMAS/MMA forums. Ours will be an oasis of calm and sensibility in comparison.

HappyOldGuy
6th November 08, 12:21 PM
Don't worry Kiko, we'll protect you.

Of course, most of sociocide can't actually fight, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Kiko
6th November 08, 12:37 PM
It's the verbal kung fu that matters here, isn't it?

I really appreciate all the chivalry!

elipson
6th November 08, 02:45 PM
My feelings are confused by this....

The crowd on sociocide has really developed on its own. I'm concerned the average intelligence will get diminished by difussing it with the BS crowd. I stopped posting there because the threads started to become all boring troll-fest threads where nothing interesting was ever said. The exceptions being BBC and the technical forums which are still good.

I should hope the mods after the switch will try to weed out a few of the weaker posters that stumble into us. It's not that sociociders don't troll, but the trolling here is smarter and funnier.

Truculent Sheep
6th November 08, 03:31 PM
Of course, most of sociocide can't actually fight, but it's the thought that counts, right?

One gets the impression that lots of the Bullshido crowd can't either...

Cullion
6th November 08, 05:03 PM
It's not a binary state really, there's just degrees of physical fitness and experience.

Most of the people I've met at the Oxford Throwdowns discernibly had some kind of useful training with a smattering of experienced instructors and competitors. I didn't come across anybody who was in the 'OMG this guy has never sparred before and was just lying about what they could do online' category.

People who bother showing up to these things might not be a representative sample of Bullshido's total membership, I don't know.

partyboy
6th November 08, 05:03 PM
One gets the impression that lots of the Bullshido crowd can't either...

ohhhhhhhhhhh snap!

...no, but really, some of us can (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76030)

kungfujew
6th November 08, 05:26 PM
I'm concerned the average intelligence will get diminished by difussing it with the BS crowd. I stopped posting there because the threads started to become all boring troll-fest threads where nothing interesting was ever said. The exceptions being BBC and the technical forums which are still good.

*COUGH* Jim_Jude *COUGH*

Seriously, if more tardlets like him migrate over here this board will get very boring very quickly.

Kiko
6th November 08, 05:27 PM
tardLET? *snicker*

You must stay around, KFJ. You must.

kungfujew
6th November 08, 05:33 PM
tardLET? *snicker*

You must stay around, KFJ. You must.

Even with the heavy class load, Muay Thai, and daily gind, I still feel the need to drop by sociocide for the lulz.

elipson
6th November 08, 05:36 PM
If Happeh starts posting here then it will REALLY get ugly. He makes me miss Riddeck.

Truculent Sheep
6th November 08, 06:12 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh snap!

...no, but really, some of us can (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76030)

Indeed! But there's a hell of a lot of posturing going on too. YouTube is good enough for me though.

WarPhalange
6th November 08, 09:03 PM
We're going to need some sort of sovereignty. Kind of like how you gave Aesopian and that other guy... S something... Whatever, the other Gracie nutrider the grappling forums to take care of.

I don't mean just keeping the mods the same. That's great, but you need to give them more control so they can weed out the idiots. That's not exactly Bullshido policy, but the LLL forum is for the idiots. Keep them out of here. Or at least most of them. This place isn't exactly a beacon of intelligence, but The Worst of Bullshido > The Worst of Sociocide when it comes to The Stupid.

partyboy
6th November 08, 09:33 PM
so is the conspiracy forum getting merged into here too?

Steve
6th November 08, 09:39 PM
We're going to need some sort of sovereignty. Kind of like how you gave Aesopian and that other guy... S something... Whatever, the other Gracie nutrider the grappling forums to take care of.

I don't mean just keeping the mods the same. That's great, but you need to give them more control so they can weed out the idiots. That's not exactly Bullshido policy, but the LLL forum is for the idiots. Keep them out of here. Or at least most of them. This place isn't exactly a beacon of intelligence, but The Worst of Bullshido > The Worst of Sociocide when it comes to The Stupid.

I have thought about this but it hasn't been brought up in Admin discussions... yet.

so is the conspiracy forum getting merged into here too?

As far as I know, yes.

elipson
6th November 08, 10:38 PM
That conspiracy forum should have been here from the start.

Oddly enough, it revealed who are the likely BS posters that will enter our realm.

...it hasn't inspired hope in me....

Stick
7th November 08, 01:38 AM
I have failed you all. I offer my dignity in penance.

http://i36.tinypic.com/5vakk8.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/2vmhte9.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/zmxjj6.jpg

Croquette balls are large,
My mouth is too small,
death by truly epic lulz.

Steve
7th November 08, 01:55 AM
You should have removed the mallet from the last pic, make it look like the user had it. /joke

And you didn't fail anyone. It's the losers that are afraid of us that are to blame.

Truculent Sheep
7th November 08, 09:41 AM
I for one welcome our new Lulcowz. This might actually be a laugh...

KhorneliusPraxx
7th November 08, 11:17 AM

The last time you combined sites...my account was irrevocably damaged.
example (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=236209&postcount=27)
KP holds on for a bumpy ride.

Phrost
7th November 08, 12:27 PM
The system can't handle your tits. I mean, your avatar's tits.

Phrost
7th November 08, 12:28 PM

Fair enough. We'll do what we can, but it'll largely be up to the "local mods" to set and maintain the tone of discussion.

Phrost
7th November 08, 12:32 PM
Honestly, one of the things that clinched this deal was the fact that I can't think of a single person who joined this community post-split (not a Bullshido or old CTC member) and became an active member of the community.

And if we're not going to be able to bring in fresh meat then things will eventually peter out to nothingness. You have to maintain a critical mass with any forum, and we're really on the line here. One of my key indicators was the number of threads/posts that show up on "New Posts" and the timeframe for the last post in them.

I was hoping with the election we'd get it down to maybe 2 hours or so from the top of the first page of results to the bottom, but we've had problems keeping it within 24 hours. That's not a great sign.

EuropIan
7th November 08, 12:38 PM
I'm glad you think Sociocide is worthy of traffic, Phrost.

Bring the idjits then

Phrost
7th November 08, 12:46 PM
Just like with Bullshido, the idea is that the community should police itself first and foremost. Frankly, it's not hard to run all but the most idiotic and delusional people off any discussion forum. It just takes some time and finesse.

Or an ass beating in the case of a MA-based site. Still, our loose moderation policies are designed to allow you to build the kind of community you want. Tar and feathering is a tradition that's sorely needed in this day and age, and it's pretty easy to do to someone on a web forum without involving the staff.

partyboy
7th November 08, 12:53 PM
gong sau's for everyone

BackFistMonkey
7th November 08, 12:58 PM
gong sau's for everyone

Hell yeah .

So when are the two going to become one in the Eyes of The Lord ?

HappyOldGuy
7th November 08, 01:02 PM
Hell yeah .

So when are the two going to become one in the Eyes of The Lord ?

Actually is this still legal for those of us in California? Are we going to need our own special forum?

EuropIan
7th November 08, 01:13 PM
Actually is this still legal for those of us in California? Are we going to need our own special forum?
That forum has 'Psycho' and 'Anal' written all over it.

Steve
7th November 08, 01:18 PM

Psycho Anal Club.

SpringHeeledJack
7th November 08, 01:38 PM
Just like with Bullshido, the idea is that the community should police itself first and foremost. Frankly, it's not hard to run all but the most idiotic and delusional people off any discussion forum. It just takes some time and finesse.
The problem with this, at least on Bullshido, is that the gang of folks who think they're doing the policing are the same people who have made the site almost intolerable for me, what with their unfunny trolling and massive nuthuggery.

partyboy
7th November 08, 01:43 PM
so are we also going to get great new recipes in NOM NOM NOM like the TUF Creamy Fruit Bowl?

EuropIan
7th November 08, 01:44 PM
NOM NOM NOM was long overdue, even when bullshido was Just Bullshido.

elipson
7th November 08, 02:02 PM
We shall become the Sociocide Autonomous Region. No longer a seperate state, but with our own culture, rules, and self government under the uber-national bullshido flag.

EuropIan
7th November 08, 02:05 PM
Oh great, I'll be one of those assholes with the sociocide flag on my lawn, muttering to friends about seceding, ultimately doing nothing.

Steve
7th November 08, 02:12 PM
Would that make us Alaska or Texas? Either way I'm not too happy about the comparison.

EuropIan
7th November 08, 02:14 PM
Think of it as Bizarro-Texas.

elipson
7th November 08, 02:32 PM
Would that make us Alaska or Texas? Either way I'm not too happy about the comparison.

Worse.......
Quebec.

WarPhalange
7th November 08, 05:40 PM
Frankly, it's not hard to run all but the most idiotic and delusional people off any discussion forum. It just takes some time and finesse.

Of course. But, even slow idiotic zombies can decimate a group of smart and well-armed individuals by sheer numbers. There are only so many "lol p3n0r" jokes and "science is a lie!" posts I can take before I cry myself to sleep.

Kiko
7th November 08, 05:42 PM
There are only so many "lol p3n0r" jokes and "science is a lie!" posts I can take before I cry myself to sleep.

heheh.. Now I know your weakness!

WarPhalange
7th November 08, 05:52 PM
http://everestwu.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/oh_noes.jpg

Phrost
7th November 08, 06:19 PM
Of course. But, even slow idiotic zombies can decimate a group of smart and well-armed individuals by sheer numbers. There are only so many "lol p3n0r" jokes and "science is a lie!" posts I can take before I cry myself to sleep.

Cool. You can join the moderator team when we move over.

HappyOldGuy
7th November 08, 06:31 PM
as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

WarPhalange
7th November 08, 06:33 PM

Okay.

Robot Jesus
7th November 08, 06:50 PM
MJS and his fashion threads are going to get our asses kicked.

Tanhalen21
7th November 08, 06:55 PM
It's going to be like a battle of the intellects: politics/culture/science vs. martial arts. It's going to be a nailbiter.

Truculent Sheep
7th November 08, 07:00 PM
On the web, only brains and rapier-sharp wit count. Omoplata can't be applied via broadband. On the other hand, you can't get ringworm either.

Tanhalen21
7th November 08, 07:01 PM
On the web, only brains and rapier-sharp wit count. Omoplata can't be applied via broadband. On the other hand, you can't get ringworm either.

That's what I was kind of hinting at, lol.

WarPhalange
7th November 08, 07:01 PM
On the web, only brains and rapier-sharp wit count.

Eh?

HOW DO BRAIN???

Tanhalen21
7th November 08, 07:02 PM
HOW DO RAPEWIT

HappyOldGuy
7th November 08, 07:03 PM

You wouldn't say that to my face antlerboi!

Tanhalen21
7th November 08, 07:04 PM
We are also going to have to adopt the gong sau. But instead of kicking each other's asses we are going to have to join up for a tag-team political debate type affair.

Steve
7th November 08, 07:16 PM

I've got it! Let's just make everyone that has posted in this thread (well, the regulars I mean) a mod when we do the move. Easy way for us to keep track of the cool kids and piss on the trolls!! I tells ya, it could work!! :eek:

And yes, I am indeed kidding.

elipson
7th November 08, 07:27 PM
Hahaha Sounds like Steve disagrees with the appointment of PL as mod.

We could always just collectively circle jerk bad posters rep into the ground for posting stupid things. Not the MOST satisfying end... but slightly humorous non the less.

Steve
7th November 08, 07:32 PM
Oh, I don't mind if Poop Loops becomes a mod. I was just pointing out that there really isn't that much modding to do (hence it being just an indicator of who the cool kids are, etc).

I'm really hoping that we do end up needing another mod due to the jump in traffic, that would be great!

Phrost
7th November 08, 07:46 PM
I do imagine the need for moderation to increase a good bit post merge.

partyboy
7th November 08, 09:46 PM
I do imagine the need for moderation to increase a good bit post merge.

oh snap, can we have an election? or is this your typical oligarchy w/ nepotism? because I want a noocracy (motherfuckers)

WarPhalange
7th November 08, 10:24 PM
Hahaha Sounds like Steve disagrees with the appointment of PL as mod.

We could always just collectively circle jerk bad posters rep into the ground for posting stupid things. Not the MOST satisfying end... but slightly humorous non the less.

Wait, that's a good idea, except if it was possible to impose a post limit for people with huge amounts of neg rep. I don't know how limiting it would be, but someone who is an idiot should not get to post as much as someone who is an idiot but hides it well.

elipson
7th November 08, 10:37 PM
I was actually thinking something along those lines when I posted that.

Maybe at a certain crappy level of rep, we can limit how often they can post? Once every 6, 12, 24 hours?

Perhaps we could have a kangaroo court for those suspected of being idiot posters???

bob
7th November 08, 10:53 PM
And thus we see how libertarian/anarchist ideals start to come apart at the seams when populations expand.

elipson
7th November 08, 11:52 PM
BS and Sociocide have, and will always be, a benevolent fascist state. If you don't like it, we have our own firing squad.

WarPhalange
7th November 08, 11:53 PM
Well, to compensate for people being idiots and neg repping for lulz and not giving +rep for "average" posts, we could have neg-rep gradually decrease over time, where after a while shitty posters are back to normal. If they misbehave again, the masses will have their heads again and they get the limit on them.

bob
7th November 08, 11:56 PM
If you could solve idiocy through the rep system then, ipso facto, you could solve IRL idiocy by telling people, "You're an idiot."

Doesn't work, I've been trying it for years.

Arhetton
8th November 08, 12:06 AM
yeah but if you could put a sticker on someone that said 'idiot' and they couldn't remove it, at least everyone else would know they were an idiot instead of having to figure it out independantly.

Its like one of those red flags you put on an old persons trolley.

WarPhalange
8th November 08, 01:01 AM
Or one of those tattoo's you put on chicks that are skanks to warn guys of AIDS.

elipson
8th November 08, 01:31 AM
If you could call someone an idiot and actually stop them from talking for a certain period of time, I think we would see some darwinian forces at work.

WarPhalange
8th November 08, 01:36 AM
It's possible, you just have to call them an idiot with your fists to their mouth.

partyboy
8th November 08, 02:45 AM
yeah but if you could put a sticker on someone that said 'idiot' and they couldn't remove it, at least everyone else would know they were an idiot instead of having to figure it out independantly.

Its like one of those red flags you put on an old persons trolley.
http://images.contentreserve.com/ImageType-100/1096-1/%7BB58F7796-E271-46A7-9D95-A65D232515D1%7DImg100.jpg

like this?

bob
8th November 08, 03:28 AM
There are ways and ways. I think the most effective running-on-a-rail-out-of-town-tarred-and-feathered that I ever saw was the Doctor X incident.

Kiko
8th November 08, 11:42 AM
You know who else used to put signs on people cause he/they didn't like them....

um.. can I be a mod? All idiots get a free shiny avatar!!

http://www.sociocide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6286&d=1155311508

Truculent Sheep
8th November 08, 01:41 PM
Eh?

HOW DO BRAIN???

This explains a great deal.

Truculent Sheep
8th November 08, 01:44 PM
BS and Sociocide have, and will always be, a benevolent fascist state. If you don't like it, we have our own firing squad.

That explains the somewhat homo-erotic Prussian uniforms and calf-length leather boots I suppose...

Truculent Sheep
8th November 08, 01:45 PM
You wouldn't say that to my face antlerboi!

< These are horns, bee-atch! HORNS!

Stick
8th November 08, 05:48 PM
We shall become the Sociocide Autonomous Region. No longer a seperate state, but with our own culture, rules, and self government under the uber-national bullshido flag.

Yeah, we're gonna be a bunch of bad-ass SARs.

Steve
8th November 08, 08:16 PM
um.. can I be a mod? All idiots get a free shiny avatar!!

http://www.sociocide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6286&d=1155311508

You are officially next in line for mod status (after Poops) if the need arises. And maybe even if it doesn't. It would be good to have a mod from CTC... Keepin it real, ya know?

WarPhalange
8th November 08, 08:36 PM
Wait, you guys are serious? I mean, yeah, I'll take the spot. But I thought you were just joking.

elipson
8th November 08, 10:22 PM
Wait, you guys are serious? I mean, yeah, I'll take the spot. But I thought you were just joking.

The logical conclussion is that becoming a mod has turned into a joke. Although this was apparent with the appointment of Sirc.....

Kiko
9th November 08, 06:30 AM
I'm VERY serious. Give me his spot! He didn't mean it!

Tanhalen21
9th November 08, 06:51 AM
You are all going to abuse your power, don't even pretend like you won't.

It's going to be the Stanford Prison Experiment all over again.

Kiko
9th November 08, 07:04 AM
Don't expect me to make your sick fantasies come true. I have enough of my own!

Yiktin Voxbane
9th November 08, 08:39 AM
Will this be like a chatroom where everyone has a banhammer ?

/Weep .

Kiko
9th November 08, 08:43 AM
More like this kinda hammer, Twytch...

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/f/fa/fabiosvr/656244_plastic_hammer_toy_1.jpg

Yiktin Voxbane
9th November 08, 09:02 AM
ROFL :)

Shawarma
9th November 08, 11:23 AM
There are ways and ways. I think the most effective running-on-a-rail-out-of-town-tarred-and-feathered that I ever saw was the Doctor X incident.
Dr. X was an unbelievably obnoxious and dishonest faggot in spite of his degree in whatever the fuck it was. And the abuse againt his avatar and signature line was still disgraceful.

What did he get run out of town for, anyway? Crappling and overuse of latin?

WarPhalange
9th November 08, 01:45 PM
I'm VERY serious. Give me his spot! He didn't mean it!

If you want it, you can have it. I don't mind.

WarPhalange
9th November 08, 01:46 PM
Dr. X was an unbelievably obnoxious and dishonest faggot in spite of his degree in whatever the fuck it was. And the abuse againt his avatar and signature line was still disgraceful.

If he got banned then I assume he lied about something or other.

I remember lots of pink, but I can't remember if he actually got banned. He did use a lot of "Latin" to look smart. I think a lot of it was misapplied, too.

Truculent Sheep
9th November 08, 01:51 PM
I say we put the matter of who gets to be a mod to the vote. I would automatically rule myself out as I am lazy.

WarPhalange
9th November 08, 02:11 PM
I think Steve would win.

nihilist
9th November 08, 02:15 PM
So what happens to our screen names after the unholy reunion?

Right now I have two.

Steve
9th November 08, 09:04 PM

Right now I have two.

Which ever you prefer you can keep, just let me know.

Regarding the mention of the "banhammer," mods do not wield such a mighty weapon, that is for Admins to swing around. Mods basically keep house: move threads to the proper forums, edit posts for NSFW content, delete spam threads/posts, and request bans from Admins. That actually sums it about up.

That being said, editing posts for giggles is what got Sirc canned from the position and will not be tolerated (Sirc may be reinstated at this point, not sure).

nihilist
9th November 08, 09:41 PM
They call me Reese.

Steve
10th November 08, 03:25 AM
THEN SO SHALL YOU BECOME, AFTER THE AWAKENING....

bob
10th November 08, 04:08 AM

I really don't know what he did exactly. Pissed off the DHS probably. He was never banned though. I just thought it was an interesting contrast in the way he was handled between here and bullshido.

Over here when people thought he was a dick, they called him a dick and told him to shut up. On bullshido it turned into some protracted drama fest resulting in the big pink letters. Kind of lame. If you're going to ban someone just ban them, don't come up with passive aggressive shit like that.

Though it's a measure of how unpopular he was that nobody actually went into bat for him. Even Mr Jones got support when he was banned.

Steve
10th November 08, 04:30 AM
A Dr coined "magic pants."

That is all.

KhorneliusPraxx
10th November 08, 08:52 AM
Can this power be handed out on a thread by thread basis? There are a couple of threads I have wanted to start but I want to keep them %100 on topic with 0% derailment.

KhorneliusPraxx
10th November 08, 08:57 AM
oh snap, can we have an election?
As proven recently, experience is not necessary to win an election?

(If you give me $1000, I will vote for you.)

KhorneliusPraxx
10th November 08, 09:17 AM

Right now I have two.
Dogs and cats, living together...MASS HYSTERIA!

The last time you combined sites...my account was irrevocably damaged.
example (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=236209&postcount=27)
KP holds on for a bumpy ride.
You're screwed either way.
http://graphic-engine.swarthmore.edu/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/apes_07.jpg

billy sol hurok
10th November 08, 09:28 AM
Though it's a measure of how unpopular he was that nobody actually went into bat for him. Even Mr Jones got support when he was banned.

I dunno about "going to bat," but I enjoyed his posts in the main, and said so more than once. That and two bucks will get you a ride on the subway -- or worse.

In conclusion: Ipse dixit!

EuropIan
10th November 08, 09:31 AM
Ipse dixit!

And that is why no one liked him

bob
10th November 08, 02:45 PM
It was all his editor's fault.

Kiko
17th November 08, 06:20 PM
There's quite alot of these "post merger" type posts and they're starting to generate concern. I propose that there be some sort of tally to see who's responsible!

billy sol hurok
17th November 08, 07:24 PM
C'mon Kiko, it's time to reach across the aisle and pull together! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who!

EuropIan
18th November 08, 06:55 AM
There's quite alot of these "post merger" type posts and they're starting to generate concern. I propose that there be some sort of tally to see who's responsible!
Perhaps they should wear some sort of badge so they could be identified more easily.

Kiko
18th November 08, 11:06 AM
*fires a warning shot across the bow of all 'those posters'*

Them Somali pirates have inspired me! NO QUARTER!!!

EuropIan
18th November 08, 02:33 PM
Facist

Kiko
18th November 08, 03:32 PM
I'll have you know that Pirates were VERY democratic!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_code

Shawarma
18th November 08, 03:44 PM
Kiko, have you read this? http://www.amazon.com/Buccaneers-America-Alexander-O-Exquemelin/dp/048640966X/ref=tag_stp_st_edpp_url

If not, do so. It's my favourite book, written by a guy who was an actual pirate, and my copy has original wood cuts in it too.

Kiko
18th November 08, 03:47 PM
That looks really neat, Sharwarma! I'll look for it.

Right back atcha, this was informative too... I tried to keep my RP as authentic as possible.
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Black-Flag-Romance-Reality/dp/081297722X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227041201&sr=1-1

Truculent Sheep
18th November 08, 03:54 PM
In Greek times, pirates and merchants were often one and the same... Imagine getting mugged at sea by an unemployed truck driver or wholesaler and away you go.

Kiko
18th November 08, 06:30 PM
I still think these posters who haven't got their Sociocide-legs yet should be keelhauled!

Truculent Sheep
19th November 08, 01:37 PM
A bit of rum, sodomy 'n the lash doesn't hurt anyone...

KhorneliusPraxx
19th November 08, 02:45 PM
5edwmdindPs

Feryk
19th November 08, 02:52 PM

Your talking about Reese's friday night ritual.

nihilist
19th November 08, 09:09 PM
I only tie one on occasionally.

SoulMechanic
20th November 08, 04:07 AM

Sadly history tells us old Winston never actually said this himself. But "in spirit" he shared the sentiments. Stay classy and sassy Anthony Montague-Browne.

KhorneliusPraxx
20th November 08, 08:32 AM
q8A2FaHhc3c

Truculent Sheep
20th November 08, 09:56 AM
Sadly history tells us old Winston never actually said this himself.

Yes, I know... (Sighs profusely.)

Kiko
9th December 08, 06:30 PM
So, is it me or has it happened yet?

EuropIan
9th December 08, 06:50 PM
WHY IS MY FONT SO SMALL NOW?

sochin101
9th December 08, 07:09 PM
It's cold in here

sochin101
9th December 08, 07:10 PM
oh, you said font

EuropIan
9th December 08, 07:11 PM
seriously. It's like the grey areas are larger and the stuff that matters is smaller.

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE THIS LIKE POLAND!? HUH!?

EuropIan
9th December 08, 07:12 PM
I had a raging font-on 30 mins ago

Steve
9th December 08, 07:17 PM
Where the fuck is Trollshido and how the fuck do I move Ian's posts there? Goddamn it, another reason for the merger to start NOW.

j/k, pal. <3

CoffeeFan
9th December 08, 07:25 PM
So when is this merger supposed to happen? (sorry, I don't have time to go through 24 pages right now)

EuropIan
9th December 08, 07:26 PM
'Sometime in the new year' (TM)

EuropIan
9th December 08, 07:43 PM
No seriously.

WTH happened to the borders?

is this a browser issue?

Kiko
10th December 08, 12:45 PM
See, Ian, THIS is why methodone is better.

*steps back slowly*

Steve
10th December 08, 02:06 PM
No seriously.

WTH happened to the borders?

is this a browser issue?

Nah, immigration issue. Just prep for the merger...

Tanhalen21
10th December 08, 07:33 PM
2m-42ek85G4

f4n4n
11th December 08, 09:01 PM
Just a question about a technicality, do you "merge" my accounts also? Since you sort of seperated them by changing my user name over at BS. I just don't want to have anything screwed over, you know? Yeah? No? Well any way :D

KhorneliusPraxx
12th December 08, 08:21 AM
Just a question about a technicality, do you "merge" my accounts also? Since you sort of seperated them by changing my user name over at BS. I just don't want to have anything screwed over, you know? Yeah? No? Well any way :D
What could possibly go wrong? (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1354974&postcount=128)