PDA

View Full Version : Anís Hoffman East Coast Tour

Tanhalen21
16th October 08, 04:05 AM
Here's the memo:

Hello, friends.

So, I'm planning an East Coast tour this summer and here's how the plan is looking:

Massachusetts: (May 28-31)
Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey: (June 1-7)
Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio: (June 8-14)
West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia: (June 15-21)
Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina: (June 22-30)

These are all places that I either contain venues that I have already contacted or places that I am willing to go for the tour.

Everyone excited? Good.

Here's the deal. I'm basically doing this on my own and this is my first time planning ANYTHING even REMOTELY like this. So all your help would be appreciated. If you know any venue (or even better have connections to a venue) PLEASE let me know. This would be greatly appreciated.

I'll update soon when I hear back from these places!

Anís

From my blog at:
http://www.myspace.com/anishoffman

That's right Mantis, I'm coming to Ohio. You better get your band's fucking shit together and book a gig with me. I've already dropped your name on a few emails to some venues in Ohio saying that since I'm out of town I'd see if I could play a show with you to draw a more local crowd.

As for the rest of you, let me know if you have any support for me. Like I said, I'm basically doing this alone and it's quite a hefty undertaking.

Tanhalen21
16th October 08, 04:33 AM
Also, if any of you write articles in any sort of paper, magazine, or blog or have any press contacts that could write a review of my music, please contact me at [email protected] .

Mr. Mantis
16th October 08, 11:35 AM
You give me dates to fill and I'll book us shows. I already know June 13th is not good for us.

Are you going to be solo acoustic, or are you bringing a band? How long is your set going to be? Many places don't book that far ahead, but now is the time to start getting your demo out to clubs. Good luck, that's a tough job. We plan on a summer tour as well. I have to find out when Slackeye is coming to town, because we want to play with him when he comes. Otherwise, we need to schedule an '09 tour as well.

Tanhalen21
16th October 08, 02:12 PM
For Ohio, probably June 12th or 14th.

I am thinking that I am going to bring some musical accompaniment (probably not drums but keyboard, guitar, perhaps bass).

My set list is as long as you want it to be.

Let me know what happens. Feel free to email me.

Mr. Mantis
19th October 08, 05:39 PM
Probably going to have to wait a little while before booking anything. Places just don't book that far out. Most places only book out about 3 months max. Plus, I gotta see when we are touring, and there is another band from out West that we are doing a leg of a tour with.

Tanhalen21
19th October 08, 08:39 PM
Alright that's cool, I think we're actually going to skip Ohio unless we can play at the Grand Tavern (because the pay is big and we're gonna need it probably)

Mr. Mantis
20th October 08, 12:46 PM
Where is the Grand Tavern?

You should expect to lose money on a tour.

Tanhalen21
20th October 08, 01:09 PM
Where is the Grand Tavern?

You should expect to lose money on a tour.

The Grand Tavern is in Waverly. Oh trust me, I'm expecting to, I just don't want to.

Mr. Mantis
21st October 08, 09:51 AM
How did you hear about that place? It looks to be out in the middle of nowhere. You might be better suited to Athens at the casa cantina. I just wonder if people will come out to places that are very rural. I hear people come out in droves to Tootles in Circleville. If you want to play Southern Ohio, I suggest you check out Evan Harris and the Driftwood Motion. They're great, and Evan is a real good guy. They know places. They've played a lot of them around there.

Tanhalen21
21st October 08, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the tip brother! I heard about the Grand Tavern on sonicbids.com . They are offering at least 400 bucks guaranteed for artists who play there. That's down as hell.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
21st October 08, 06:56 PM
west coast tour next time nig

Tanhalen21
22nd October 08, 02:41 AM
You got it... you can be my roadie/techie. Basically, I'm trying to do this tour to get some experience / some sort of following and then try and do it huge next summer (like try to play a spot at the South by Southwest Festival).

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd October 08, 03:23 AM
call me when you want to go electric
i've got a pair of electric organs in the garage too
(just like bob dylan)

Tanhalen21
22nd October 08, 06:00 PM
I'm ready to go electric whenever I have a fucking band that's organized and dedicated enough to back me.

Mr. Mantis
22nd October 08, 10:54 PM
I'm ready to go electric whenever I have a fucking band that's organized and dedicated enough to back me.

If you paid musicians, they'd be dedicated enough now.

Otherwise, nobody really wants to just back somebody in a band, with the exception of occasional favors for friends and those amazing musicians out there who you'd just love to play with for fun.

A band has to be a group effort. That's when it really shines too, great things happen.

Tanhalen21
23rd October 08, 02:40 AM
When I said "back me" I really meant just be in a band with me. Whenever I try and start a full electric band I seem to be the only one who gives a fuck.

Mr. Mantis
23rd October 08, 09:41 AM
Yeah, bands are hard. Musicians are artists and artists are flaky. Prone to mood swings and substance abuse, many a band couldn't get off the ground due to fuckheads.

Then there are folks like me who are goal oriented and driven. I've been called a "slave driver" at least once. Many folks just give up on the band idea, and become a one-man band. Others, like Hasil Adkins, just thought one guy did everything anyway, so that's what you have to do!

Mr. Mantis
7th November 08, 12:53 PM
We are planning a run on Boston in the Spring. We also want to hit NYC.

Tanhalen21
7th November 08, 04:03 PM
We are planning a run on Boston in the Spring. We also want to hit NYC.

Dude, are you down to play a show together? I'm going to be in Boston in the Spring and I actually just got a show in NYC for December 9, I'm pretty sure after that show I could get another one for the spring and I also want to play at the same place in summer. It's called the Sidewalk Cafe... I hear it's chill as fuck. Let me know man

Mr. Mantis
7th November 08, 04:20 PM
We are touring with a friend, who is a solo act (Rachel Brooke) we are confirming things now. Misery Jackals want to go to NYC and Boston, we're waiting to see if Rachel is good to go as well. When we go to NYC, I want to try and get us into Banjo Jim's, and also talking to friends there about booking. We also have our guitar player who wants to play a haunt he played in the past. We are planning on spending a couple days in NYC, hell, I'd play 3 nights if I could. We are only touring for about 10 days. We're thinking Ohio, PA, NY & MA, maybe RI.

Tanhalen21
7th November 08, 05:54 PM
Sounds sweet, keep me updated here or on myspace

Mr. Mantis
1st December 08, 12:30 AM
Well, we are going all points South. This is for considerations of the weather, since we expect to be living on the side of the road for the duration. We're thinking Ohio down to Alabama or Florida. It will be the first full week in April.

Mr. Mantis
31st December 08, 03:30 PM
NOW BOOKING

what a pain in the ass. Now I see why people get paid for doing it.