PDA

View Full Version : How do I make scotch not taste like death?

Stick
15th October 08, 06:01 PM
So I have a bottle of Glenmorangie, Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, The Quinta Ruban, Perfected by the Sixteen Men of Tain- holy shit that's a long name- and I'm trying to figure out how to drink this apparently good scotch without wanting to light my tounge on fire.

It's like, hidden under the burn I can taste, just almost, something that I know I like, but there's just the god awful burn of whisky/medicine/urine surrounding that taste and preventing me from enjoying it to the fullest.

Now, what the fuck sort of mixed drinks can I do with this scotch in an effort to make it palletable?

I can buy ingredients, but just so you know, here's what's in my fridge right now
eggs
fat free milk
sour cream- ok, porbably not useful, but what do I know?
orange juice
lemon juice
fruit punch gatorade- LoL
apples
bananas
oranges
extensive spice rack
soy sauce
worschteshire sauce
teriyaki sauce
vinegar
olive oil
lager
merlot

Alright, you superior drinkers, help me drink this bottle!

Phrost
15th October 08, 06:03 PM
Paging Scrapper.

Shit, he's on his Honeymoon.

Zendetta
15th October 08, 06:04 PM
need some ice.

Stick
15th October 08, 06:08 PM
Note: I've been drinking it with ice. I know at least that much.

Zendetta
15th October 08, 06:18 PM
Well, sometimes you gotta spell these things out.

SFGOON
15th October 08, 06:29 PM
A little bit of water can take a lot of the edge off Scotch without diluting the flavor too much. Try letting the ice melt for five or so minutes. You also want to take small sips - this is not PBR or your girlfriend's white wine spritzer. Once you get it past your teeth, suck a few bubbles though it to fill your sinuses with the flavor, then swallow it.

Or, there is the chance you could both be a pussy and lacking in refinement, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

bob
15th October 08, 07:29 PM
Smoke a cigar while drinking.

Steve
15th October 08, 07:30 PM
The sour cream AND the fruit punch. That should mask that pesky flavor of quality scotch.

Aaranar
15th October 08, 07:32 PM
Ice and water not cutting it, huh? Try a good sour mixer, preferably something you mix in a blender, not pour out of a plastic bottle. Maybe an orange twist.

As an alternative, you can freeze it ( leave it in the freezer for an hour or two ), and try it that way. Superchilled, it should bring more flavor forward, and delay the burn a bit.

Olorin
15th October 08, 07:47 PM
How do I make scotch not taste like death?

I would suggest balls.

Arhetton
15th October 08, 08:00 PM
a dash of coke

Robot Jesus
15th October 08, 08:07 PM
scotch and soda anyone

Stick
15th October 08, 08:07 PM
I actually keep my booze in the freezer pretty much at all times.

Dark Helmet
15th October 08, 08:53 PM
fat free milk
orange juice
lemon juice
apples
bananas
oranges
extensive spice rack
soy sauce
worschteshire sauce
teriyaki sauce
vinegar
olive oil
lager
merlot

I don't know about any of that shit.Just mix it with Gingerale or Coke Cola.

EuropIan
15th October 08, 09:07 PM
Scotch is supposed to taste like death.

Delicious death.

EuropIan
15th October 08, 09:14 PM
you don't get existentialism

nihilist
15th October 08, 10:16 PM
Now, what the fuck sort of mixed drinks can I do with this scotch in an effort to make it palletable?

You are not a scotch man.

Please switch to a nice Chianti.

Stick
15th October 08, 10:38 PM
If it regains me any of my lost testicular fortitude, I love tequila.

nihilist
15th October 08, 10:48 PM
Each alcoholic has special taste buds that mesh with their destined nectar like a Cindarella slipper.

EuropIan
16th October 08, 02:57 AM
You are thirsty for life, but hungry for death. Get your PHRASOLOGY STRAIGHT.

And I am more existential than most people in this forum.
We drink deep from the cup of life, so that we may taste death.

Steve
16th October 08, 05:25 AM
Fuck that.

EuropIan
16th October 08, 05:53 AM
Fuck that.
You forgot that death tastes awesome.

Fuck that indeed

Kiko
16th October 08, 09:48 AM
Anything but ice and water is a waste of scotch. Of course I AM a girl and I like more water than is proper, but I know better than to put fucking FROOT juice in it!

Mr. Mantis
16th October 08, 11:42 AM
Just drink it. Once you become an alcoholic, you won't care what it tastes like.

Feryk
16th October 08, 02:24 PM
Stick,

Two options.

1.) Drink it neat, but don't slug it back. A little on the tongue, ENJOY the burn and inhale just a bit before you swallow. It releases the flavour on the way down. DO NOT choke trying to breathe and swallow at the same time. Inhale first, THEN swallow. Quality scotch is supposed to be savoured, not slammed or mixed. It should take a while to enjoy a single ounce.

2.) If you try that and it's still not to your taste, then refer to SFGOON's post: you are a pussy. Give the scotch to someone man enough to appreciate it.

Feryk
16th October 08, 03:54 PM
Extra Note:

Kiko appreciates Scotch more than you. This does not bode well for your manliness.

It does however, bump Kiko's stock several notches.

HappyOldGuy
16th October 08, 03:56 PM
A manhattan is a tasty non girly way to drink less good whiskies (and bourbon of course). But I'm not giving you my recipe cause if you use a good single malt for a manhattan, Goon will kill you, then me, then himself.

Feryk
16th October 08, 04:45 PM
I'm helping.

Quikfeet509
16th October 08, 05:14 PM
For more answer on scotch, go Three Sheets to Scotland:

http://www.mojohd.com/mojoseries/threesheets/episodes/view/scotland

Olorin
16th October 08, 07:49 PM
If it regains me any of my lost testicular fortitude, I love tequila.

You might just not like scotch. Try it this way, and ounce or so of scotch and a beer. Have a little beer and then like Feyrk suggests a small sip of scotch whenever the mood hits you. That is how I drink Bourbon. You do not gulp...

Neildo
16th October 08, 08:22 PM
???! I usually chase the scotch with beer not the other way around. When i did that in the philippines everybody there thought i was some kind of hardcore super-drinker, I just assumed that was they way it was done. you chase scotch with beer. it's booze math.

Sun Wukong
16th October 08, 08:32 PM
Well, I've been drinking JW black with coke all day. Seems to work fine, but I can't drink it straight.

Not at all.

Neildo
16th October 08, 09:03 PM
Tried with ice? I can Drink Red label straight. Black Label is much better than red label, but not as good as Green or Blue. It's actually not the best whiskey but i still like it straight.

I'm having G 'n T's right now. Cheers!

Equipoise
16th October 08, 09:19 PM
It'll all battery acid to me. Then again, my opinion may not even count; I'm a big fan of fru-fru drinks.

Nothing beats a Coconut Mojito or Caipirinha while sitting on my porch watching the Atlantic ebb and flow.... South Florida is great.

Steve
16th October 08, 11:09 PM
Then again, my opinion may not even count; I'm a big fan of fru-fru drinks.

You and NunOnBreak.... *shakes head*

Neildo
17th October 08, 08:59 AM
Sissy.

Kiko
17th October 08, 10:14 AM
A manhattan is a tasty non girly way to drink less good whiskies (and bourbon of course). But I'm not giving you my recipe cause if you use a good single malt for a manhattan, Goon will kill you, then me, then himself.

I want a piece of this. Single malt is NOT for mixing with anything but water!

Next we try good red wine....

Feryk
17th October 08, 01:06 PM
I think I see the problem here. You guys who think Scotch is battery acid are drinking Johnny Walker.

HINT: No color label is good. Okay, blue might be acceptable in a pinch.

Work up the scale a bit. Glenfiddich, ,Glenmorangie etc. Scotch from Scotland. What a concept. That's the good hooch.

Cullion
17th October 08, 01:59 PM
So I have a bottle of Glenmorangie, Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, The Quinta Ruban, Perfected by the Sixteen Men of Tain- holy shit that's a long name- and I'm trying to figure out how to drink this apparently good scotch without wanting to light my tounge on fire.

It's like, hidden under the burn I can taste, just almost, something that I know I like, but there's just the god awful burn of whisky/medicine/urine surrounding that taste and preventing me from enjoying it to the fullest.

I can buy ingredients, but just so you know, here's what's in my fridge right now
eggs
fat free milk
orange juice
lemon juice
apples
bananas
oranges
extensive spice rack
soy sauce
worschteshire sauce
teriyaki sauce
vinegar
olive oil
lager
merlot

You fucking faggot. You do not put anything in single malt whiskey. You'll take it like a man and learn to enjoy it!

Kiko
17th October 08, 02:01 PM
Or give it to us. Gah.

Feryk
17th October 08, 03:08 PM
I'm starting to think Kiko should inherit Stick's scotch collection. At least she'll appreciate it.

Cullion
17th October 08, 03:15 PM
I'd second that. Stick, real whiskey just isn't for you. It's okay, no need to feel bad. It's just like some of us aren't cut out to be Navy SEALs, or have to resort to pure grappling arts because getting punched in the face is too intense. No shame and no blame as long as your honest with yourself about it.

Kiko
17th October 08, 03:24 PM
It's getting chilly here. Beer's too cold.. Now I REALLY would like some scotch!

nihilist
17th October 08, 03:25 PM
Grappling arts don't appeal much to people who already experience an overdose of man on man contact.

Kiko
17th October 08, 03:29 PM
... here's what's in my fridge right now

merlot...

And get that merlot out of the fridge!

Cullion
17th October 08, 03:36 PM
He puts red wine in the fridge ?

Look, dude, you seem like a good guy. I think we need to talk. Really.

Kiko
17th October 08, 03:44 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-cat-drinking-wine.jpg

Kein Haar
17th October 08, 04:47 PM
Merlot in the fridge? WTF?

Zendetta
17th October 08, 04:53 PM
Burnt out already?

You were only in the Bay Area for a day or two.

Cullion
17th October 08, 04:55 PM
Wine is one thing I have not tried yet. Smells awfully grainy though. I think I would need to start with something very fruity, and I mean a vintage other than gay sex.

Don't talk about being gay in the company of men of the calibre who took your juicy young wife-thing from you, like a ripe ignored fruit. All you can do now is learn from us. You can reject that hard lesson if you wish. But you cannot complain about that hard lesson until you are finally one of us.

This is the law.

Cullion
17th October 08, 04:56 PM
P.S. unless you are actually a gay man who tried to fit in because he was raised religious and is now learning all about shoes. In which case.. be brave. Be happy.

Be yourself.

Zendetta
17th October 08, 04:57 PM
You can fit a lot of loving into days.

You measure "love" by the inch, eh?

Cullion
17th October 08, 05:02 PM
Your loving is not measured in litres or inches, but by shoe sizes.

Admit it, you cannot truly love any women because she has no hairy cock to slurp down, nor any chiselled abs she can dangle that low-slung rifle across. And that is why you love the military so much. Because you are gay. Very gay. And you shouldn't be ashamed.

nihilist
17th October 08, 05:07 PM
Can we not use this thread as a gay contest?

Zendetta
17th October 08, 05:09 PM
Too late. Nun fagged up a thread about one of the manliest drinks (talking about scotch, not spooge, here Nun)

HappyOldGuy
17th October 08, 05:19 PM
You can fit a lot of loving into days. Especially if you are the receiver and not the giver.

Silly nun. I told you to go to the metro. Working the glory hole line at the eagle is something you are supposed to work up to gradually.

Kiko
17th October 08, 05:38 PM
Back to wine then. Start with whites like maybe a pinot grigio. Drinkable and not too dry. Whites SHOULD be chilled. Reds room temp or warmed by the heat of your palm cradling the glass.

Robot Jesus
17th October 08, 06:40 PM
you want to try wine, good.

start out with something sweet like little penguin. eat it with steak.

eventually you will get sick of the jammie taste and start to desire a dryer wine.

EuropIan
17th October 08, 06:47 PM
I was expecting a nice hairy european woman, but everything was shaved.
http://www.jigsawlounge.co.uk/kungfu/world/world-usa2003.gif

EuropIan
17th October 08, 07:05 PM
I like how there are two different Russias. Damnit, right before the Berlin wall fell, we should have taken over as many countries as possible while Reagan was still in charge.
well there are two Russias, there must be. I mean it's the only way, because it's on both sides of the US.

JEEZUS fucking CHRIST! YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY ENEMIES. Better huddle up against the dark.

As for Reagan, he would never have been able to do so.

EuropIan
17th October 08, 07:18 PM
Nobody messes with the man. He should have been ruler of the planet! I am going to shove you headfirst into his grave so you can apologize.
You give an actor way too much credit.

http://vicissitude.net/Images/FamilyGuy-ReaganSmashText.gif

I have far more respect for Bush Sr.

Also, you are still to turn in your man card.

EuropIan
17th October 08, 07:33 PM
You are a blasphemer! Like all of those who blaspheme Reagans holy name, you will be struck down by an errant SR-71 Blackbird.
Erm.... SR-71s?
I'd prefer being hit by an U-2 if we are to choose out-of-service spyplanes.

P.S. Reagan was an actor first.

And you still don't understand why peole enjoy spirits.

nihilist
17th October 08, 08:20 PM
That has nothing to do with anything. Most presidents were professions other than presidents before they were presidents.

Reagan hated America (http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm)

Neildo
17th October 08, 08:33 PM
The fuck? Avocados don't taste like anything. Maybe a bit of chlorophyll, that's about it. I make the best goddamn guacamole ever. How can you not like avocados?

homo.

oh and resse just pnwz0rd you.

Equipoise
17th October 08, 09:28 PM
Scotch still tastes like turpentine.

nihilist
17th October 08, 09:43 PM
Scotch still tastes like turpentine.

Why the fuck are you drinking Turpentine?

As far as Reagan goes, my friend expressed my feelings for the man best when he said:

"Ronald Reagan represents all of the worst elements of the American political experience of the last 50 years. All of them. He was, and always will be, nothing but a steaming hot pile of filthy hyena puke.

Intellectually, Reagan gave chimpy a run for his money. He was vacuous. He was shallow. He was incurious. He was a puppet and a door stop for a group of sick ideologues who really ran the country. He was a shitty actor and foolish tool.

Ideologically, he was a hater and an imperialist and far-right loony-tune. He hated the poor. He hated gays. He hated leftists. He hated communists - and he was pretty sure you were one if you disagreed with him. He hated and he hated and he hated. Just ask his own kids. He hated them and himself and his ex-wife. Ronald Reagan was a twisted unrepentant closed-minded shit-bag hate monger. And that's just for starters.

The foreign policy of Ronald Reagan did more to impoverish and kill the poor and helpless humans of the world than any world leader before or since - with the possible exception of our current chimpking. Reagan just didn't give a shit. He was going to defeat communism (which was already falling of it's own weight) and he didn't care how many children were burned alive or how many people starved to death on the way. Let em die. Reagan was a fucking asshole.

On Reagan's watch the military budget of the U.S. grew to the proportions of a heaping pile of 10,000 week-old dead and bloated Blue Whales. And it stunk just as bad. The practice of rewarding incompetent cronies with gigantic useless contracts for unneeded military hardware was elevated to art form under Reagan. Reagan's legendary megalomania, hubris and abject ignorance led him to believe the tales of any crackpot who managed to slither past the goons who comprised his inner circle. Star-wars missiles, atomic shields, space-age death rays. You name it - that dumb piece of shit would fall for it - and blow billions of your tax dollars on it.

And on the domestic front - holy shit the domestic front. Ronald Reagan was a force for the rampaging evil of anti-human destructiveness. He never met a social program he didn't scorn. He never met an American in need he didn't shit directly upon. His response to the AIDS epidemic is one of the most sickening cold-blooded expressions of pure murderous political evil in the history of the earth. Genghis Khan could only dream of such depravity and indifference to human suffering. There is so much more, but, hell, if you don't already know about this shit, then go read a fucking book or two.

Then there was Iran-Contra - the infamous orgy of unfettered criminality at the heart of the Reagan legacy. Again, look it up. Rogues, liars, crooks, murderers and ignorant heartless scum surrounded Reagan at all times. Alli Babba would've been shamed. But Ronald Reagan was shameless.

Oh, did I mention The War on Drugs and it's ballooning of the prison/criminal industrial complex and the rise of brainless goon-like authoritarianism? Or the destruction of the modern labor movement including the cowardly firing of the Air Traffic Controllers? Or the beginnings of the current trend of packing the Judiciary with corrupt freakish pseudo-fascist stoolies? Or the repugnant rapes of Lebanon and Grenada? Or the dim-witted goofball junk science that came to known as "Reaganomics?" Or grant rigging at the Department of Housing and Urban Development? Or James Watt and the whole-hearted attempt to destroy the earth and all it's inhabitants at the expense of greed mongers and corporate whores? Or the largest white collar theft in the history of planet Earth - the Savings and Loan Bailout? And on and on and on and on.

I really don't have time for this shit. So let me conclude,

Ronald Reagan will forever be remembered as one of the most idiotic, vile, worthless leaders of any any nation in any era. He presently occupies a special place in Hell beside Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot. And I promise you, they all think he's an idiot too. Fuck Ronald Reagan. And then fuck him again."

HappyOldGuy
17th October 08, 09:48 PM
Shrub still makes him look good.

nihilist
17th October 08, 09:50 PM
Reagan drank scotch & water occasionally, but was more fond of vodka martinis.

Equipoise
17th October 08, 10:31 PM
Why the fuck are you drinking Turpentine?

It's cheaper than Scotch, tastes the same and has the same effect of making me sick.

nihilist
17th October 08, 10:54 PM
Oh, cool.

Carry on...

HappyOldGuy
17th October 08, 11:14 PM
It's cheaper than Scotch, tastes the same and has the same effect of making me sick.

Have i got a treat for you!

http://docpartyrentals.com/Images/Accesories/sterno.jpg

Olorin
17th October 08, 11:16 PM
???! I usually chase the scotch with beer not the other way around.

Let me clarify.

I do not chase scotch/bourbon/whiskey with beer or vice versa, I just have a little whiskey while I enjoy a beer. A little of one then a little of the other...no real order just as the mood strikes me.

Neildo
18th October 08, 12:45 AM
Let me clarify.

I do not chase scotch/bourbon/whiskey with beer or vice versa, I just have a little whiskey while I enjoy a beer. A little of one then a little of the other...no real order just as the mood strikes me.

I guess i should also clarify; i don't mean 'chase' as in to slug the beer immediately after the whiskey.

I think we're on the same page here.

Steve
18th October 08, 12:58 AM
Booze is booze: It should always be enjoyed one way or another.

/end thread

Equipoise
18th October 08, 08:04 AM
Did someone say Colonic?

Kiko
18th October 08, 08:40 AM
The thread can't be over unless we have assurance that single malt won't be used to make a pink squirrel or something equally stoopid!

http://earthwormenvy.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/fruity-drink.jpg

Equipoise
18th October 08, 10:25 AM
I'll use it to unclog my drains.

Feryk
18th October 08, 11:05 AM
Heathen. Just admit that Scotch is too good for you, and we'll be finished with it.

Equipoise
18th October 08, 09:04 PM
Yeah... I prefer to use Draino. It's much cheaper and does the same thing.

Ian- You neg rep me because I don't drink Scotch? Douche.

Olorin
18th October 08, 10:16 PM
I think we're on the same page here.

Thanks god, crisis averted...

Stick
19th October 08, 01:25 PM
Ok, I promise not to mix the scotch.

Also, I took my red wine out of the fridge. Why isn't it suppsoed to be in the fridge?

Equipoise
19th October 08, 01:54 PM
Red wines are best tasted at slightly lower than room temperature, but not cold.

White wines tend to be a different story however.

Cullion
19th October 08, 02:45 PM

Also, I took my red wine out of the fridge. Why isn't it suppsoed to be in the fridge?

You never serve Red Wine chilled. It needs to be kept in a dark environment to age well, but you don't serve Red Wine cold, so it's wasting space to keep it in a fridge. Put it at the back of a cool cupboard if you don't have a basement with a cool corner or a pantry or a real wine cellar.

EuropIan
20th October 08, 04:38 AM
Ian- You neg rep me because I don't drink Scotch?

I had an unapologetic fit of NERD RAGE when you implied you'd rather pour scotch down the drain.

Douche.

Thank you.

Feryk
20th October 08, 02:24 PM

Your ignorance of fine alchoholic beverages disturbs me. You need to drink more. Classier hooch gives you much better hangovers.

Shawarma
20th October 08, 02:28 PM
But does classier hooch lead to classier cooch?

Feryk
20th October 08, 02:30 PM
Depends. The best hooch isn't available at your local biker bar (for the most part). That means that you end up hanging out at more expensive places, and spending more money on everything. Generally that attracts an upper scale kind of bar slut.

Robot Jesus
21st October 08, 10:57 PM
not to mention, few things disguise a roofie better than a grey goose cosmo.

Robot Jesus
24th October 08, 12:13 AM
i just drank half a bottle of johnny black and smoked a Cuban.

stick i am both more of a man than you, I'm also more Canadian.

to the other half of the bottle, AWAY.

nihilist
24th October 08, 12:17 AM
i just drank half a bottle of johnny black and smoked a Cuban.

You never know where those Cubans have been.

Robot Jesus
24th October 08, 12:22 AM
your just jelious because your nanny state says you cant have them

nihilist
24th October 08, 12:33 AM
They sneak through the borders all the time.

bob
24th October 08, 03:01 AM

Generally warmth brings out the flavour in a red wine more but it's acceptable to serve some reds (like a pinot noir) slightly chilled. Say about 30 mins in the fridge then open it to let it breathe for a while before serving.

Robot Jesus
24th October 08, 03:56 PM
wine doesn't breath effectively in a full bottle. a decanter is best but for the most pat pour the glasses and then let it breath.

Equipoise
25th October 08, 07:42 PM
Generally warmth brings out the flavour in a red wine more but it's acceptable to serve some reds (like a pinot noir) slightly chilled. Say about 30 mins in the fridge then open it to let it breathe for a while before serving.

Eh what?

bob
25th October 08, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

nihilist
25th October 08, 08:09 PM
He's asking you to translate the winespeak.

HappyOldGuy
25th October 08, 09:07 PM
He's asking you to translate the winespeak.

Drink your reds at room tempurature. Some mild reds can be served slightly cooler.

WarPhalange
25th October 08, 09:17 PM
I always let my wine breathe before drinking it. Same with water, milk, and infants.

Feryk
27th October 08, 05:11 PM
Do I want to know how you drink an infant?

No. No, I don't.

Gezere
27th October 08, 06:04 PM

eggs
fat free milk
orange juice
lemon juice
apples
bananas
oranges
extensive spice rack
soy sauce
worschteshire sauce
teriyaki sauce
vinegar
olive oil
lager
merlot

Pussy!!!

Gezere
27th October 08, 06:07 PM
Point Noir CHILLED!?!?!

Fuck that.

Next you'll be tell us to put a Shiraz in a wine sleeve! I SAY THEE NAYE!!!

bob
28th October 08, 05:54 AM
Point Noir CHILLED!?!?!

Fuck that.

Next you'll be tell us to put a Shiraz in a wine sleeve! I SAY THEE NAYE!!!

It's not compulsory, merely a matter of preference. Remember, the argument that red wine should be drunk at room temperature to bring out the flavour can just as easily apply to many types of beer, but civilized races believe that beer should be cold and warm beer should remain the tipple of homeless people and the British.

Kiko
30th October 08, 05:26 PM
Bowmore 12 yr old is as lovely as I remembered.

Lead crystal rocks glass chock full of ice, about 2 fingers of amber heaven and a splash of water.

I'm told that the look on my face when I had the first sip was frightening, but that was my elder daughter. I let her taste it and she understands.

No, she's still not for the likes of any of you.

Feryk
31st October 08, 04:02 PM
Ah, Kiko. A woman of taste and refinement.

Kiko
31st October 08, 04:04 PM
Ah, you figured out my Halloween costume!

You win some rep!

Feryk
16th December 09, 01:07 PM
It's a thread necro, but I've got a good reason:

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/the-macallan-18-year.jpg

I have a bottle of this, and I cracked it on Friday. Weep that you cannot enjoy it with me.

Best Scotch I have ever tasted. Ever.

jubei33
16th December 09, 04:32 PM
double post

jubei33
16th December 09, 04:36 PM
Yeah, already had it. It was good, too. Ever had their gran reserva, pretty good too.
Now, I will crush you with my massive thor hands.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p297/jubei33/massivehandbeer.jpg

Feryk
16th December 09, 05:13 PM
The gran reserva is much more affordable, so it is probably next on my list. I will think of you guys the next time I crack the bottle.

Kiko
17th December 09, 07:30 AM
I'll only weep if I don't find something similar under the tree...

Enjoy it!

nihilist
17th December 09, 01:04 PM
Don't worry Kiko!!! (http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/10/104166/30_2008/kittypoops.jpg)

FickleFingerOfFate
17th December 09, 01:16 PM
Don't worry Kiko!!!

The good news: The whiskey comes in a decorative bottle

The bad news: So did Reese!

Open it carefully, Kiko

nihilist
17th December 09, 01:19 PM
XXXmas nog:

Not just for children anymore!!!

OZZ
17th December 09, 05:00 PM
I can't send any scans but fellow scotch lovers out there might like to try this brand of beer I discovered in the summer it is called Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer.
Sure to be found a pleasurable drink by scotch lovers.If you haven't tried it, do so over the holidays.Its great tasting beer.

Kiko
17th December 09, 05:24 PM
Aww, Reese, I could bake you a cake (http://domandjane.typepad.com/photos/live_audience_friday/100_0013.jpg) for that!!

nihilist
18th December 09, 01:35 AM
What gives it that wonderful texture?
Is it hominy?

Kiko
18th December 09, 05:54 AM
I'll put the recipe in another thread...you'll love it!

DerAuslander108
19th December 09, 12:36 PM

eggs
fat free milk
orange juice
lemon juice
apples
bananas
oranges
extensive spice rack
soy sauce
worschteshire sauce
teriyaki sauce
vinegar
olive oil
lager
merlot

THAT WAS MY FUCKING BOTTLE OF SCOTCH!!!!

DerAuslander108
19th December 09, 12:37 PM
Also, why is this not in L3?

EuropIan
19th December 09, 12:37 PM
You really want to hurt him, don't you?

Also, why is this not in L3?

because Bullshido suxxx

DerAuslander108
19th December 09, 12:40 PM
Jesus fucking Buddha, this thread is full of shit! What the fuck is wrong with you people?!?

EuropIan
19th December 09, 12:42 PM
you have to admit, Stick putting red wine in the fridge is laugh-out-loud worthy.

DerAuslander108
scotch and soda anyone

With a Quinta Ruban?

DO THE BUBBLES MAKE YOU FEEL MANLY, COCKPLEASER?

FickleFingerOfFate
What is wrong with you people

The list is too long to type.

DerAuslander108
you have to admit, Stick putting red wine in the fridge is laugh-out-loud worthy.

Quite.:ohyea7qh:

DerAuslander108
19th December 09, 12:44 PM
Ice and water not cutting it, huh? Try a good sour mixer, preferably something you mix in a blender, not pour out of a plastic bottle. Maybe an orange twist.

As an alternative, you can freeze it ( leave it in the freezer for an hour or two ), and try it that way. Superchilled, it should bring more flavor forward, and delay the burn a bit.

Sour?

You want to put sour in a Quinta Ruban...with an orange twist...

You remind me of the gay guy in Boondock Saints...if he were played by the flamer from that show with Debra Messing...

DerAuslander108
19th December 09, 12:46 PM
2.) If you try that and it's still not to your taste, then refer to SFGOON's post: you are a pussy. Give the scotch to someone man enough to appreciate it.

Or just give the bottle BACK TO ME!!!

DerAuslander108
19th December 09, 12:48 PM

A Manhattan is made with bourbon. Not Scotch.

FickleFingerOfFate
19th December 09, 12:52 PM
Or just give the bottle BACK TO ME!!!

I don't think getting the bottle back will be the problem.

Ajamil
19th December 09, 01:14 PM
Drink it fast enough, and getting the liquor back isn't a problem either.

Kiko
19th December 09, 01:23 PM
THAT WAS MY FUCKING BOTTLE OF SCOTCH!!!!

That's what you get for leaving it in the hands of a ScotchN00b!

DerAuslander108
19th December 09, 01:46 PM
I got it back, what little was left.

I didn't know he fucking wasted it.

Vieux Normand
19th December 09, 02:14 PM
I got it back, what little was left.

I didn't know he fucking wasted it.

You demanded only the bottle. Any drink left in it is over and above that.

FickleFingerOfFate
19th December 09, 02:17 PM
PROFIT!