PDA

View Full Version : Hey Texas or whatever,

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th September 08, 11:08 PM
just got back from a fatburger. looks like in-n-out is still king. how does it feel to be beaten by the state you hate the most (except possibly new york)?

Steve
26th September 08, 11:11 PM
What did you have?

jvjim
26th September 08, 11:13 PM
Cock sandwich, with a king size glass of some hobo's genetic filth.

WarPhalange
26th September 08, 11:14 PM
Is that considered a delicacy in Texas?

jvjim
26th September 08, 11:16 PM
In Austin it is. What a town!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th September 08, 11:16 PM
What did you have?

fatburger, no mayo

Is that considered a delicacy in Texas?

i've heard a bunch of what i remember were texans claim it blew in-n-out out of the water when i pointed out why the west coast is the best coast. it most certainly does not

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th September 08, 11:17 PM
you could say that in-n-out is the burger king

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th September 08, 11:19 PM
sorry for beating you to the punch reese

jvjim
26th September 08, 11:21 PM
you could say that in-n-out is the burger king
Fuck, now I have to go buy a whopper. I hate you.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th September 08, 11:21 PM
why? pretty pricey, not so good. move here and have a double double instead

jvjim
26th September 08, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I'll probably go out there if I get a chance and pick one up. But I need a burger and that's the only place that's open. Buy one and send it to me and I'll COD it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th September 08, 11:27 PM
make time goddamnit. you can hit venice and hollywood while you're at it

Neildo
26th September 08, 11:32 PM
They have fatburger franchise outlets here. i have yet to try one. few people can prepare a better burger than myself, although i went to red robin a couple of weeks ago and that was a pretty damn good burger. $10 though. i found a cool bar near my dads place that has really cheap and very well made burgers (hand-pressed!) but it's a bar so it's kind of a given that they should have good burgers.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th September 08, 12:02 AM
is that for texas because i have boy parts

Steve
27th September 08, 12:16 AM
LqpZghStXGQ

Tanhalen21
27th September 08, 04:07 AM
That was obscene. Also, I was not expecting that emo to be able to handle that.

Sun Wukong
27th September 08, 04:34 AM
Cock sandwich, with a king size glass of some hobo's genetic filth.

It's probably because I'm drunk. But that made me laugh a lot.

Kiko
27th September 08, 06:37 AM
If you went to Texas for a burger, you're really all they say, MJS.

Any fool knows you got to Texas for BBQ! Or Cajun from Razzoo's!

Steve
27th September 08, 06:44 AM
Or beautiful, even if not the smartest, women! Dude grow some balls to match your 18 years!

syberia
27th September 08, 08:41 AM
http://www.funksatchel.com/images/crepair.jpg

Oooh, a repair shop. Exactly wat i need. Repairs from someone who calls himself 'Christ the King..."

Shawarma
27th September 08, 09:38 AM
J.C Presley, between friends.

Kid Miracleman
27th September 08, 11:20 AM
Fatburger, like In-N-Out Burger, is a California-owned franchise, so I don't really get the point of all this. Why didn't you go to a (Texas-owned) Whataburger instead? Seein' as how you're a rich bastard, you coulda sprung the extra cash to fly down to the original Whataburger in Corpus Christi and had a cheeseburger and vanilla milkshake and what-have-you.

God, the thought of eating a juicy Whataburger with fries and a milkshake really makes my taco pop.

Steve
27th September 08, 11:36 AM
MJS is a complainer: This is fact.

I have yet to see documented proof that In/Out is better than Red Robin.

I work within walking distance to the original Red Robin, the place still has the toked up robin on the wall when you walk in (last I checked):

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/1348694124_59c1b087be.jpg

nihilist
27th September 08, 11:39 AM
Burgerville (http://www.burgerville.com/#page:/|secNum:1000) owns all your base.

Steve
27th September 08, 11:43 AM
Yeah, a website with a young Asian girl makes me think all about hamburgers.

FAIL.

HappyOldGuy
27th September 08, 11:54 AM
In N Out > other national burger chains, but <<<<<< any diner anywhere.

that's pretty much the same as better than root canal, but not as good as brushing your teeth.

nihilist
27th September 08, 12:02 PM
Burgerville TROMPS In-N-Out.

Steve
27th September 08, 12:11 PM
Burgerville TROMPS In-N-Out.

Good teriyaki burgers?

nihilist
27th September 08, 12:24 PM
No.

Walla Walla onion rings.
Sweet potato fries.
Blackberry, strawberry, Chocolate Hazelnut milkshakes made with REAL ice cream.
Yukon Gold Fries
Some of the best Halibut fish n chips
Pepper bacon Tillamook cheeseburgers
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade

MMM...

Steve
27th September 08, 12:37 PM
You like driving Katja, go for it.

Kiko
27th September 08, 12:59 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/fail-owned-dairy-queen-billboard-scream-fail.jpg

WarPhalange
27th September 08, 01:11 PM
That's a shoop, right?

Steve
27th September 08, 01:13 PM
Uh, the bright white FAIL gave it away?

WarPhalange
27th September 08, 01:16 PM
Yes.

Kiko
27th September 08, 01:24 PM
If it needs explaining...

WarPhalange
27th September 08, 02:40 PM
Well I don't get it besides the obvious "lol rape" from it. Was it actually put up or what? :(

Kiko
27th September 08, 02:42 PM
The LoL-rape is the unintended meaning... IF it was put up, they meant "scream (for DQ) until dad stops (the car to bring you here)..."

Better?

WarPhalange
27th September 08, 03:11 PM
No, because I had thought "scream until daddy stops" meant daddy is eating your food or something, which made no sense. Neither does "stops the car".

nihilist
27th September 08, 10:13 PM
You are driving down the road and you scream for daddy to stop at DQ.

That is what the sign is instructing the young children of our nation to do.

Why does that not make sense?

WarPhalange
27th September 08, 10:16 PM
Because even now as an adult that almost has a college degree, after reading "Scream until daddy stops", I would think "stops what?"

bob
27th September 08, 10:16 PM
Because in Poops' family it was 'scream until daddy gives you a taste of the back of his hand'.

WarPhalange
27th September 08, 10:19 PM
Yeah, and I wouldn't think it was any different with you guys.

nihilist
27th September 08, 10:23 PM
My dad never used the back of his hand.

It was always a belt or a wooden switch.

It was all very methodical.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th September 08, 10:57 PM
this is all very erotic but this is a thread about in-n-out

WarPhalange
27th September 08, 11:07 PM
In-N-Out isn't that great. I ate there a few times while I was in California. It was like a McDonald's but you were supposed to think the food was better because they put grilled onions on their burgers if you wanted and they made you wait longer, which means they made it extra special just for you. It was still just a regular burger and they didn't even have any hot sauce.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th September 08, 11:09 PM
i don't know how their normal burgers taste because it's been ages since i've ordered off the regular menu. You didn't fuck up and just order a hamburger did you? Goddamn.

Sun Wukong
28th September 08, 01:53 AM
If you went to Texas for a burger, you're really all they say, MJS.

Any fool knows you got to Texas for BBQ! Or Cajun from Razzoo's!

Listen here lady, you don't go to Texas for cajun food. you go to louisiana for cajun food. Because if somebody tries to pass off some tourist stuff there, you can bet someone's gonna pay as soon as a coon ass comes rolling in for some ettoufette.

I went a "cajun" restaurant in Austin, it was awful; it tasted ok, but it wasn't cajun food, it was mid-west food rolled in over the counter creole seasoning. They didn't have abita and they never once put crawfish anything on the menu; because without looking at the menu i ordered crawfish while it was in season. Denied!

where is this razzoo's anyway? any further west than Houston and you're probably gonna miss the mark everytime.

Sun Wukong
28th September 08, 01:55 AM
i don't know how their normal burgers taste because it's been ages since i've ordered off the regular menu. You didn't fuck up and just order a hamburger did you? Goddamn.

In-n-out has something other than double doubles?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th September 08, 02:38 AM
no, i just assumed he ordered a plain hamburger instead of asking for the sauce or animal style or whatever. that's the only way it really seems like a mcdonald's burger

WarPhalange
28th September 08, 02:48 AM
You walk in there and on the menu it has 3 burgers which are identical besides their combinations of meat and cheese.

If they have a secret menu that you can only access with a cheat code, then the restaurant is shit.

And I did ask them for hot sauce. No dice.

bob
28th September 08, 03:21 AM
I eat burgers from the no-name corner fish n chip shop down the road from my work. They have big, fat slabs of meat, fresh lettuce and tomato, and fresh bacon and egg (if you're that way inclined). They cost me under $5. They make me happy.

Kiko
28th September 08, 07:36 AM
Listen here lady, you don't go to Texas for cajun food. you go to louisiana for cajun food. Because if somebody tries to pass off some tourist stuff there, you can bet someone's gonna pay as soon as a coon ass comes rolling in for some ettoufette.

I went a "cajun" restaurant in Austin, it was awful; it tasted ok, but it wasn't cajun food, it was mid-west food rolled in over the counter creole seasoning. They didn't have abita and they never once put crawfish anything on the menu; because without looking at the menu i ordered crawfish while it was in season. Denied!

where is this razzoo's anyway? any further west than Houston and you're probably gonna miss the mark everytime.

It was somewhere close to Dallas and a town called Garland about 6 years ago. Of COURSE the best Cajun food will be where it originated, but isn't Texas closer to Louisiana than California? The point remains that going to either place and claiming that their burger chain isn't as good as some other burger chain shows culinary ignorance.

Besides the best burgers come from MY grill. No one seems to make 'em rare enough...

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th September 08, 10:14 AM
You walk in there and on the menu it has 3 burgers which are identical besides their combinations of meat and cheese.

If they have a secret menu that you can only access with a cheat code, then the restaurant is shit.

And I did ask them for hot sauce. No dice.

You can order any combination of patties and cheese. They're not supposed to go over 4 patties or 4 slices of cheese, but sometimes they do. You can also order any combination of their ingredients that they have in addition to things like animal style, several different versions of bunless hamburgers, etc.

And you can order anything on your fries or specify how long you want them cooked.

jvjim
28th September 08, 10:28 AM
It's hilarious to listen to you people talk about food. All in the same day I go down to Bayou La Batre and get some pho, over to Alabama Port and get some of my Maw Maw's gumbo (better than any coon asses I've ever had )and end the day at one of the many soul food restaurants in North Mobile. Y'all don't know nothing about viddles! Maybe I should post up the family recipe for shrimp gumbo...

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th September 08, 10:33 AM
Yeah, but I don't live in 80% humidity year round.

Kiko
28th September 08, 11:12 AM
If you did, you'd be used to it.

As it is, you're used to mediocre food.

Cullion
28th September 08, 11:53 AM
It's hilarious to listen to you people talk about food. All in the same day I go down to Bayou La Batre and get some pho, over to Alabama Port and get some of my Maw Maw's gumbo (better than any coon asses I've ever had )and end the day at one of the many soul food restaurants in North Mobile. Y'all don't know nothing about viddles! Maybe I should post up the family recipe for shrimp gumbo...

Yes, do. Looking at American cooking from afar it looks like all the interesting stuff is from the south. Northern food mostly looks like bland variations of processed beef/low quality steak and melted cheese.

Shawarma
28th September 08, 12:29 PM
Easy to understand, Cul. All the Limeys went to the north, the frogs were to the south.

WarPhalange
28th September 08, 12:40 PM
Yes, do. Looking at American cooking from afar it looks like all the interesting stuff is from the south. Northern food mostly looks like bland variations of processed beef/low quality steak and melted cheese.

Yeah, pretty much. But on the other hand I have Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Mexican, Mongolian, Thai, and Indian restaurants all less than half an hour away from me, in addition to bland American food.

HappyOldGuy
28th September 08, 01:44 PM

I like vegetables.

Also Cullion, the southwest resents being called southern.

Cullion
28th September 08, 01:57 PM
Why's that ?

Cullion
28th September 08, 01:59 PM
Easy to understand, Cul. All the scandanavians, germans and other central europeans went to the north, the frogs were to the south, the anglos and scots-irish went everywhere

Fixed for you. P.S. did you know that the confederate flag is basically the battle-flag of St. Andrew ?

WarPhalange
28th September 08, 02:06 PM
Did he hate niggers too?

jvjim
28th September 08, 02:29 PM
I like vegetables.

Also Cullion, the southwest resents being called southern.

The South also resents the Southwest being called Southern.

EDIT: Next time I'm in Mobile I'll get that recipe and see if my aunt will mind me posting it up.

Kiko
28th September 08, 02:35 PM
We need a new map...
http://strangemaps.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/38states.jpg

Steve
28th September 08, 04:54 PM
I approve.

Phrost
28th September 08, 10:39 PM
There's a Fatburger in Austin now? It's a LA chain.

Mr. Mantis
29th September 08, 03:18 PM
They have one in Cleveland too. We have a yearly hamburger festival here. Fatburger participates, in and out did not. http://www.hamburgerfestival.com/

Fatburger won this year's best cheeseburger competition.

I haven't eaten at any of these places.

Sun Wukong
29th September 08, 07:26 PM
It was somewhere close to Dallas and a town called Garland about 6 years ago. Of COURSE the best Cajun food will be where it originated, but isn't Texas closer to Louisiana than California? The point remains that going to either place and claiming that their burger chain isn't as good as some other burger chain shows culinary ignorance.

Besides the best burgers come from MY grill. No one seems to make 'em rare enough...

Dallas is just close enough to be the real deal, but far enough that crawfish wouldn't be a regular part of the menu.

I just had to put i my two cents about cajun food because it's probably one of the greatest things about my home state and it has reliably appeared that nobody does it right except the people back home.

I thought Fatburger was a california chain anwyay? I never saw them in Texas before. Dairy Queen on the other hand, is a staple of the Texas fast food diet.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th September 08, 07:27 PM
And a catalyst for their growing market in relaxed fit pants.

Sun Wukong
29th September 08, 07:30 PM
Easy to understand, Cul. All the Limeys went to the north, the frogs were to the south.

To be fair much of the southern food's good taste has to do with frog & spanish infusions to other euro cuisine. Edit: as well as native foods.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th September 08, 07:32 PM

don't hate on the cheese steak

Cullion
29th September 08, 08:35 PM
As far as I can tell cheese steak is just cheap sandwich steak covered in low-quality melted american cheese served in a ciabatta. It's bland junk food. srsly.

You put a plate of that next to some interesting spicy southern dish, I know which one I'm putting my fork into.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th September 08, 08:47 PM
just like a red coat, always siding with johnny rebel

Tanhalen21
29th September 08, 08:50 PM
I don't think it's arguable that northern food is better than southern food. It's a fact that southern food wins every time.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th September 08, 08:59 PM
except for grits, yeah

HappyOldGuy
30th September 08, 12:30 AM
I don't think it's arguable that northern food is better than southern food. It's a fact that southern food wins every time.
Provided you're not fond of vegetables. Also, northern cooking is immigrant cooking, so it can be anything from pasta to pirogi. It's only awful if you are talking about the english or the irish immigrants.

And grits are delicious. just pretend it's polenta.

Steve
30th September 08, 03:21 AM
NOB has the correct.

Tanhalen21
30th September 08, 03:44 AM
And grits are delicious. just pretend it's polenta.

Grits have made a bad impression on a lot of people, mostly due to them being shitty grits. They have to be really good, and then they are delicious, in my humble opinion.

Kiko
30th September 08, 02:33 PM
Grits are nummy. So are cheese steak sammiches.

Also.. PIEROGI!

Sun Wukong
30th September 08, 02:46 PM
except for grits, yeah

I honestly don't think you've ever had a decent pot of grits in your life. so, i can't blame you for not being well enough informed to place that opinion.

Kiko
30th September 08, 02:51 PM
http://blogs.foodnetwork.com/food/foodnetworkkitchens/Grits%20Good%20For%20yousmall.JPG

Tanhalen21
30th September 08, 02:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, grits is a Native American dish, whereas most southern food is food that African slaves ate. Yeah?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th September 08, 05:56 PM
I honestly don't think you've ever had a decent pot of grits in your life. so, i can't blame you for not being well enough informed to place that opinion.

yes. it was cooked by an authentic southerner in the authentic south and everything.

Mr. Mantis
1st October 08, 11:32 AM
You must have gone to the wrong place. You get thinly sliced marbled steak that cooks fast, therefore retaining allot of flavor. Get provolone cheese, green and red peppers, fresh baked bread, grilled onions.

Throw a little sliced mushroom in there and you have a damn good cheese steak sandwich.

Plus, it does a body good when you've been out drinking hard and heavy all night.

I like grits. But you know, Southern food is really artery clogging stuff (as bad as the cheese steak) everything is loaded with fat. Even the grits! I usually make them for myself. When I do it, they are wholesome and healthy. The last time I got them at a restaurant (in Kentucky), they arrived with about a 1/4 cup of butter on them. You know what the waitress asked? "Would you like some more butter for yer grits honey?" Fuck no!

But, anyway, about 2 weeks ago, I went to a southern food bar to see a band play. I was feeling adventurous, so I ordered what they called the "Hillbilly Cheese Steak"

It turned out to be 2 big hunks (like a half inch thick sliced) of fried baloney with onions, mushrooms and American cheese on a grocery store bought hamburger bun with mayo.

It was fuckin' delicious.

Sun Wukong
1st October 08, 12:14 PM
yes. it was cooked by an authentic southerner in the authentic south and everything.

well, if you didn't like it, I respect your opinion... yankee scum.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st October 08, 12:40 PM
Does all the inbreeding fuck up your brain or just your taste buds?

nihilist
28th September 09, 11:58 PM
Yeah so I'm down here in Palm Desert and decide to stop at an IN-N OUT to see just how mediocre the meal is.

All I can say is that it is somewhat better than what I remember McDonalds being.

The fries were terrible and tasted pithy and artificial.
Not real big on process cheese, but the burger was at least bearable.
Strawberry shake was OK but no comparison to the real ice cream shakes at BV.

Maybe it was an off day or watever but I will never eat there again.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th September 09, 12:42 AM
animal style faggot

nihilist
29th September 09, 12:43 AM
Yeah, but what about me?

Neildo
29th September 09, 03:22 AM
i had a small fatburger when i was hanging out with STEEV and Ian, and they had one each too. i can't speak for them, but it was ai'ight. Like i said a year ago, i make a better one. A&W has an angus burger that fucking kills, buries, and pisses on the grave of that fatburger deal, but fatburger sells beer and a&w doesn't so i might go there again. however, the jazz bar that steevo, ian, and myself went to later that night makes better burgers for less, also has beer, and my friend plays the sax there so i'd much rather go there, and would recommend anyone else go there over fatburger too. pretty much all franchise burger joints suck compared to most bar burgers.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th September 09, 03:44 AM
seconding fatburger's sucktitude
aint got shit on in-n-out

EuropIan
29th September 09, 03:51 AM
As a fast chain In & Out are probably the best..

Best burger I had so far was from a deli in LA though.

nihilist
29th September 09, 04:10 AM
Ian, you should have tried BV while you were in Oregon.

HappyOldGuy
29th September 09, 10:55 AM
As a fast chain In & Out are probably the best..

That's an important qualifier. In N Out are okay, they beat McDonalds, but every mom n pop diner in america can make a better burger.

nihilist
29th September 09, 11:55 AM
Burgerville has 39 restaurants in Washington and Oregon. I don't know if that qualifies as a fast food chain but There's no comparing INO to BV.

Japuma
29th September 09, 03:33 PM
Five Guys puts the shit stompers to any other burger joint. Check it out on the east coast (http://www.fiveguys.com/menu.aspx)

EDIT: There appears to be a couple invading the LA area now... MUAHAHAHA!

nihilist
29th September 09, 04:40 PM
Five Guys puts the shit stompers to any other burger joint. Check it out on the east coast (http://www.fiveguys.com/menu.aspx)

EDIT: There appears to be a couple invading the LA area now... MUAHAHAHA!

I will check them out when I am in Manhattan to see if you are full of shit. ;)