PDA

View Full Version : I Wrote a Song About Dante's Inferno

Tanhalen21
20th September 08, 10:57 PM
Well, it's not necessarily ABOUT Dante's Inferno but it's more like a journey through Hell as described by Dante. I recorded it in a car. Please tell me what you think of it (Read: constructive criticism), lyrics especially, as I tried to remain as true to the poem as possible while not making it an hour-long affair.

http://www.myspace.com/anishoffman

The song is called "And I Fell..." and you can read the lyrics on the myspace site if you click on where it says "lyrics" under the song name.

Thanks!

WarPhalange
20th September 08, 11:14 PM
P_DLehbzaoA
4wDHeHeVAJ0&feature=related

Tanhalen21
20th September 08, 11:15 PM
LOL, mine doesn't sound like that.

WarPhalange
20th September 08, 11:21 PM
Yeah, and it's also 16 minutes long, which is what you were trying to avoid.

I've only listened to that song once and haven't listened to yours yet.

Tanhalen21
20th September 08, 11:42 PM
Yeah, and it's also 16 minutes long, which is what you were trying to avoid.

I've only listened to that song once and haven't listened to yours yet.

Get on it, bwah

WarPhalange
20th September 08, 11:51 PM
No, it's acoustic and that makes my ears sad.

Tanhalen21
21st September 08, 01:27 PM
You, sir, are a fool.

WarPhalange
21st September 08, 01:29 PM
I've had too many bad experiences with acoustics to risk it again. I think the worst was a radio station that had Korn in the studio and had them play an acoustic version of a song. That has got to be the worst idea ever.

Tanhalen21
21st September 08, 01:48 PM
I think the problem is that you're listening to shitty music

WarPhalange
21st September 08, 02:20 PM
I don't listen to Korn. It was on the radio, and it's not like there's anything better on. I was stuck.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
21st September 08, 02:40 PM
could use more overdubbing and maybe a backwards solo

Tanhalen21
21st September 08, 03:31 PM
maybe a backwards solo
Sick idea. Unfortunately, what I'm using to record on right now (Garageband) doesn't have a reverse audio track function. But when I am re-recording all my songs for the album I'm going to put out I will definitely be able to do this.

Mr. Mantis
24th September 08, 03:11 PM
Well, it's not necessarily ABOUT Dante's Inferno but it's more like a journey through Hell as described by Dante. I recorded it in a car. Please tell me what you think of it (Read: constructive criticism), lyrics especially, as I tried to remain as true to the poem as possible while not making it an hour-long affair.

http://www.myspace.com/anishoffman

The song is called "And I Fell..." and you can read the lyrics on the myspace site if you click on where it says "lyrics" under the song name.

Thanks!

I liked it. I liked the lyrics, I think they really gave the reader's digest of the Inferno. I do suggest you think about a couple of things. Maybe a chorus to throw in once in a while? It will give you a chance to change things up. With really long songs, the listener looses it after a while, especially when there is a lot of repetition.

Also, The vocals would sound cool with a low grumbly voice with a little reverb on them.

Hey! You live in Boston right? You MUST GO TO THE ABBEY LOUNGE TOMORROW NIGHT TO SEE THE .357 STRING BAND!!!! They will blow your fucking face off! Tell 'em Bill from the Misery Jackals sent ya.

No, it's acoustic and that makes my ears sad.

Not all acoustic music sucks.

Hell, check out the .357 String Band: http://www.myspace.com/357stringband

Tanhalen21
24th September 08, 05:09 PM
I liked it. I liked the lyrics, I think they really gave the reader's digest of the Inferno. I do suggest you think about a couple of things. Maybe a chorus to throw in once in a while? It will give you a chance to change things up. With really long songs, the listener looses it after a while, especially when there is a lot of repetition.

Also, The vocals would sound cool with a low grumbly voice with a little reverb on them.

Hey! You live in Boston right? You MUST GO TO THE ABBEY LOUNGE TOMORROW NIGHT TO SEE THE .357 STRING BAND!!!! They will blow your fucking face off! Tell 'em Bill from the Misery Jackals sent ya.

Thanks for the advice, Mantis. I am actually in Vancouver this semester so I'm afraid I won't be able to go tomorrow, but I'm going to be back in Boston come Spring.