PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Copy Of The Dark Knight

OZZ
4th September 08, 12:43 PM
I was at a flea market the other day and bought a pirated copy of TDK for 5 bucks..
No big deal, you say. Everyone's doing it,,blah blah blah..yeah, ok. But it was the first time I bought one myself..I am an old timer who still thinks reading paper comic books is the best way to read them..( I was horrified to learn that my brother-in-law, a major tech nerd is currently reading 'The Watchmen' on his computer after I offered to lend him my TPB..)
Anyways, it had a nice case and I thought, hell, why not. I can save myself from paying $20.00 or more when it is finally released and I don't have to wait.
BUT
It didn't work on my DVD player, which is a third generation SONY. So it is pretty old, I guess. Is there any way around this other than to just buy a new one? Or is there some gadget I can buy which will enable me to watch it?
I paid $700.00 for that DVD when I bought it in 1998.., that seems silly now. BUT, I had a dvd probably 5 years before most people did and it is still kicking 10 years later.
I also picked up EVIL DEAD and EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN on for $1.00 each to add to my collection of VHS cult horror films.
Good times!!

WarPhalange
4th September 08, 12:44 PM
No, I don't think there's a cure for Stupid yet.

OZZ
4th September 08, 12:46 PM
No, I don't think there's a cure for Stupid yet.

Fuck you you , you....

WarPhalange
4th September 08, 12:55 PM
$700 DVD player + pirated DVD. Come on.

But I'm surprised because usually it's the old crappy ones that have bad copywrite protection software and ability to unlock different regions.

Tell me, when you make a DVD on your computer, does it play on the DVD player? If so, it's probably a regional setting thing. Google your DVD's model number and see if there's a way to unlock multiregional settings.

OZZ
4th September 08, 01:03 PM
$700 DVD player + pirated DVD. Come on.

But I'm surprised because usually it's the old crappy ones that have bad copywrite protection software and ability to unlock different regions.

Tell me, when you make a DVD on your computer, does it play on the DVD player? If so, it's probably a regional setting thing. Google your DVD's model number and see if there's a way to unlock multiregional settings.

I don't make dvd's on my computer..I am far too stupid for that.
But when people give me home-made dvd's or Mp3's, some of them play while others don't.
You think it has to do with the region coding?Remember, I paid $700.00, but that was a decade ago, man. The cheapest you could get them back them was $500.00 or so.I am usually not a technoogy banwagon-jumper, but I was excited about the DVD format and really wanted one when they came out.
I am going to be re vamping my entire entertainment system soon anyways and getting a flat-screen tv. But the DVD works fine and I see no reason to get rid of it. My spare player is a KOSS and it is quite a bit newer. It will likely play on that one, but I can't be bothered to unhook everything.

Steve
4th September 08, 01:12 PM
I'm more interested in your new tapes of Evil Dead 1 and 2. Far better movies than the Dark Knight.

EvilSteve
4th September 08, 02:10 PM
Name's Ash... housewares. *SHOTGUN BLAST*

They need to release Blu Ray versions of those with deleted scenes of extra ass-kicking.

Yiktin Voxbane
4th September 08, 06:42 PM
I dont think ANY of the ED series, could possibly kick extra-ass .

Halfrican
4th September 08, 08:01 PM
When Blu-Ray players are $29.99 with a $10 MIR we will all feel stupid too. Wait not really, because I've been watching Blu-Ray this whole time.

Neildo
5th September 08, 03:22 AM
enjoy your cam, probably has cantonese or malay subtitles.

Odacon
5th September 08, 04:53 AM
I'm downloading a dvd screener right now, lol @ paying for media.

jubei33
5th September 08, 09:17 AM
you could download DVD decrypter (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm)and remake the DVD without region coding and see if that works. Its a pretty easy software to use and it works on most DVDs regardless of most copy protection. (or so the Bard says)

KhorneliusPraxx
5th September 08, 10:16 AM
I was at a flea market the other day and bought a pirated copy of TDK for 5 bucks..

Fuck you!

KhorneliusPraxx
5th September 08, 10:17 AM
7I5dVBezF9k

Halfrican
5th September 08, 06:08 PM
I'm going to buy a bootleg, download a new album, drive my honda to wal-mart to go shopping for a dirt cheap chinese made laptop, so I can get on stolen wi-fi and post about how our economy sucks.

jvjim
5th September 08, 08:17 PM
I'm more interested in your new tapes of Evil Dead 1 and 2. Far better movies than the Dark Knight.
You make that call FAR too easily.

OZZ
7th September 08, 10:23 PM
3rd time is a charm fellas..I tried the DVD on my Sony today and it worked!!
It is a typical bootleg from what I have seen of others..not overly grainy and it was definitely not filmed with a cam corder or anything, but it is lacking in sharpness and there are times when the movie 'skips' and repeats a line or two. Over all though, not bad for 5 bucks I guess. The audio is pretty good.
Anyways...I will still end up buying a real copy when it is released. I'll just dump this copy on some unsuspecting used dvd retailer. lol

Halfrican
7th September 08, 10:47 PM
You are that cheap that you are going to try to sell your $5 bootleg? jesus christ.

jubei33
7th September 08, 11:08 PM
i say you got ripped off. 5$ and it skips...I'd just wait until its released, then the quality is worth the 20$ to just buy it. If you wait a month or two longer blockbuster will have used copies for sale for even less.

Same goes for downloading movies. Usually the quality is (much) less than DVD and sound sucks even worse. and plus there's the whole "I don't transfer data faggot" syndrome that goes around that takes the sharing out of file sharing.