PDA

View Full Version : Too Human: Trips at the finish line

Arhetton
28th August 08, 03:39 AM
Too Human is an xbox360 title, the first in a trilogy.

The gameplay is actually kind of cool, the auto-camera is not as dorky as I thought it would be, the combat is pretty cool.

The items and inventory are fine, the graphics are nice, I'm even enjoying the story/universe. The music is great, a very ambient game. Very cinematic!

The reason this is a piece of shit is that:

THERE IS NO WAY TO REGENERATE LOST HEALTH. So you die. OVER and OVER again. There is no blocking button, even though you have a shield. Occasionally, and enemy that you kill drops a 'health orb' - but its totally random, and you are guaranteed to be low on health and incapable of getting it higher in this game, which results in death, and annoying cutscene and a reload of the level.

The character classes all play exactly the same way - every class might as well be melee, because all the enemies do is rush and crowd you. Even when I chose the two defensive/healing classes because I was aware of the 'no health potions/regenerate' issue, I still ended up dying repetitively.

f*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf*ckf* ckf*ckf*ckf*ck
the creators of this game for tripping at the finish line.

DON'T RELEASE UNFINISHED GAMES. Basic features like the health system can't be fucking patched up after you've done an international release - this should have been fixed at beta.

Don't buy this, shit, don't even rent it.

Too Human II better be
1) fixed
2) out soon
3) discounted for anyone who bought too human I.

Shawarma
28th August 08, 09:46 AM
Can you patch XBox games?

El Neko
30th August 08, 09:36 AM
I played the demo, and after 40 minutes (maybe less, but it felt longer), I decided to stop caring about this game, thank god Mercenaries is coming out tomorrow, otherwise I would have nothing to play

EuropIan
30th August 08, 12:02 PM
Can you patch XBox games?
yes

Arhetton
30th August 08, 05:56 PM
okay after a learning curve of no shit, several hours, I have discovered how to keep your health up in this game and play for long stints without dying.

1) you must play as bioengineer and spec the healing skills
2) you must 'juggle' to get your combo score higher to be able to use your healing skills.

The game has become more enjoyable now.

It is still horribly broken and shouldn't have been released like this.