PDA

View Full Version : BATMAN :RIP

OZZ
20th August 08, 12:29 PM
Anyone following this?
Promises to be an earth-shattering change in the Batman universe. They are either going to be killing off, or retiring, Bruce Wayne.
I think they will retire him, personally.
I just went out and got all the issues in the arc that are out so far, but haven't read them yet.
Early feedback is that it might not turn out to be a winner, but that's just one or two people's opinions.
Thoughts?

EuropIan
20th August 08, 12:37 PM
Re-retconned in at a later time.

Always.

Premise sounds cool though.

WarPhalange
20th August 08, 01:01 PM
They already retired him once in the animated series that took place in the future. He was like 60 so he hired some kid to become the new batman. Don't remember the name of the series, but it was kinda cool.

boondock lee
20th August 08, 02:35 PM
It was Batman Beyond. That was a good series.

Kiko
20th August 08, 03:45 PM
Geeze! Don't scare me like that....

I thought Adam West died.

Yiktin Voxbane
20th August 08, 03:49 PM
Mindreader you are .

Aaranar
20th August 08, 04:27 PM
Old heros never die, they reappear in sequals - M. Morcock

Odacon
20th August 08, 05:45 PM
The minute I saw the Batman of Zur en arr, I knew this was something special.
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7303/batman678024pz3.jpg

Dagon Akujin
20th August 08, 10:04 PM
Hey everyone! Remember when Superman died? That changed comics like forever! Omg!

Osiris
20th August 08, 11:59 PM
Who told you this was a Batman story? If you know Morrison, you know that this doesn't have a damn thing to do with Batman. The story is actually about the psychedelic mysticism. First of all, take a look at Joker. He basically emerges as a different person each time he returns to action. This is ego death. Morrison doesn't give a shit about The Joker. He wants to give the uninitiated access to the basic psychedelic concepts.

Next lets look at the hunchback scene. Talking Gargoyles appear when Batman is chasing the hunchback. This is synchronicity. Batman uses them to access the grids responsible for his creation. The idea that he was created by a higher power hidden right in front of him and not of his own free will is another psychedelic concept. Determinism is a large part of the experience. Then we have the origins of Batman ZEA. After experiencing both the death of Batman and Bruce Wayne (ego death), we see a new personality emerging. This is also a psychedelic reference.

You can't read Morrison like other authors. No matter what he appears to be writing about, its most likely about the psychedelic/occult/mystical experience or his personal life as seen through said experience.

SFGOON
21st August 08, 12:42 AM
You're really freaking me out Osiris.

Osiris
21st August 08, 06:39 AM
No, seriously. Morrison is far crazier than I am. Look up his speeches and interviews. The guy's big into chaos magick (or however he spells it) and high powered drugs. He claims that corporate logos are designed for magical effects and that The Invisibles wasn't just a comic book, but a "hypersigil". A lot of people know his mainstream stuff, but don't know much about shit like The Invisibles or The Filth or Kill Your Boyfriend. Read The Invisibles and tell me for one second that this guy is on the level.

Osiris
21st August 08, 06:53 AM
Here he is again pontificating on the nature of the city:

Truculent Sheep
21st August 08, 07:16 AM
It must be great to be Grant Morrison - you get paid good money to take lots of drugs, spout pseudo-intellectual bollocks and pretend that applying this to Batman is somehow significant or 'clever'.

Personally, having read some of his work, it's a lot like walking into a party full of acidheads - they're too busy chewing their own colons to even bother trying to communicate lucidly.

Osiris
21st August 08, 07:29 AM
And if you still think that its ME thats off here, here's Morrison using verbal kill switches again, this time in a more detailed manner. Earlier in the story, they're used as graffiti, just like "Zur-En-Arr". This is not Batman.

Zendetta
21st August 08, 12:05 PM
You're really freaking me out Osiris.

Goon, I think you might dig the Invisibles, given that you are a Mystic Quaker Gnostic Psychopath yourself. Whatevfer you lack in Drugs you more than make up for in Krazee, so don't sweat it.

Seriously, its the greatest comic, and Osiris is right about Morrison's metaphysical intent.

wooooooooooo....

Mas
21st August 08, 12:21 PM
I don't see how more letters make for more words though...

bad credit
21st August 08, 06:40 PM
As a fan of Grant Morrison, I must say that Osiris is right.

I personally tried Chaos Magick, and masturbating onto sigils I drew myself and then flushing them down the toilet or lighting them on fire worked about as well as those 25 years of praying to God. At least I didn't waste 25 years on jack off magick, though.

I'm learning.

SFGOON
21st August 08, 07:06 PM
Goon, I think you might dig the Invisibles, given that you are a Mystic Quaker Gnostic Psychopath yourself. Whatevfer you lack in Drugs you more than make up for in Krazee, so don't sweat it.

Seriously, its the greatest comic, and Osiris is right about Morrison's metaphysical intent.

wooooooooooo....

It seems great, actually. I'm more concerned with the medium than I am the story itself - a man of my caliber doesn't read comics. I'll see the movie when it comes out.

I personally tried Chaos Magick, and masturbating onto sigils I drew myself and then flushing them down the toilet or lighting them on fire worked about as well as those 25 years of praying to God.

Really? Aww darn! Now how the hell am I supposed to get that mansion and convertible sports car!

Dude, there may be a correlation between inner space and outer space, but the outer wheels turn a lot more slowly than the inner ones. Don't expect cosmic consciousness to respond promptly. Ironically, you can't control what you don't obey.

Osiris
21st August 08, 07:17 PM
I don't see how more letters make for more words though...

If your entire alphabet only consisted of two letters, how many words would you have? Only two, "ab" and "ba". More letters means more combinations of letters available for words.

Zendetta
21st August 08, 07:55 PM
I personally tried Chaos Magick, and masturbating onto sigils I drew myself and then flushing them down the toilet or lighting them on fire worked about as well as those 25 years of praying to God. At least I didn't waste 25 years on jack off magick, though.

(not that I'm above it, or anything)

It seems great, actually. I'm more concerned with the medium than I am the story itself - a man of my caliber doesn't read comics. I'll see the movie when it comes out.

Fine; have one of your concubines read it aloud while the others act it out.

Actually, Osiris and I have 'discussed' the movie version before.

Ironically, you can't control what you don't obey.

Doooood.

WarPhalange
21st August 08, 07:58 PM
If your entire alphabet only consisted of two letters, how many words would you have? Only two, "ab" and "ba". More letters means more combinations of letters available for words.

aa
bb

aba
bab
abb
baa
aaa
bbb
aab
bba

Need I go on?

Osiris
21st August 08, 07:59 PM
Fine; have one of your concubines read it aloud while the others act it out.

Ooh, we'd get to see someone do that odd time machine dance from the end.

Osiris
21st August 08, 08:02 PM
aa
bb

aba
bab
abb
baa
aaa
bbb
aab
bba

Need I go on?

I'm retarded, but my point still stands. More letters still means more possible combinations of them. Assuming that the practical length of words is infinite, the guy who didn't get it would be correct, but its not.

WarPhalange
21st August 08, 08:16 PM
Letters don't matter. He's speaking into a microphone. At that point you only care about sounds, and even though the human ear can hear a lot of stuff, if it's a guy talking, he can only use so many sounds. Unless he is doing clicks and pops or something. Even that is limiting. Definitely couldn't double the number of sounds we hear in English. Polish has extra ones you Americans always crap yourself trying to pronounce, such as sz, rz, cz, ą, ę, and ź, but that's only a few and other languages have them too.

Osiris
21st August 08, 08:44 PM
Wow, check out pages 9 and 10 of issue 679. Page 9 Batman marvels at his enhanced mind while appearing to be absolutely insane. Never seen THAT before. On page 10, check out Zorro. At this point I'm tempted to by an issue and eat the pages. Its fucking soaked in acid.

Osiris
21st August 08, 09:04 PM
Letters don't matter. He's speaking into a microphone. At that point you only care about sounds, and even though the human ear can hear a lot of stuff, if it's a guy talking, he can only use so many sounds. Unless he is doing clicks and pops or something. Even that is limiting. Definitely couldn't double the number of sounds we hear in English. Polish has extra ones you Americans always crap yourself trying to pronounce, such as sz, rz, cz, ą, ę, and ź, but that's only a few and other languages have them too.

You clearly don't grasp the logic here. The Invisibles aren't just hearing these words. Instead these words are being experienced. The rest of the alphabet isn't necessarily and auditory thing.

WarPhalange
21st August 08, 09:12 PM
See MJS, this is why you should stop doing drugs. Look at what it's done to Osiris here.

Osiris
21st August 08, 09:25 PM
Hey, I'm only drunk at the moment.

SFGOON
21st August 08, 10:13 PM
The Hebrew alphabet has mystical connotation attached to each letter, at least in the Kabbalic initiatory tradition. Many western mystic traditions have attached these same definitions to our own alphabet. Were there to be further connotations attached to "hidden" letters, such a linguistic arrangement would make sense. All sects have their own specific Lexicon - Scientology, Catholicism, Buddhism - every last one. It would not surprise me in the least if a particular sect were to "expand" the alphabet into further phonemes with new or hybrid connotation.

But, in the end, it's still all quite retarded.

OZZ
22nd August 08, 10:47 AM
God, what have you guys done with my thread?
Seriously, I am not a huge fan of this kind of weird experimentation when it comes to traditional characters. I hope Morrison doesn't take things too far..
But I'm sure he will. But he's flattering himself if he thinks there is something ingenious about it, because there isn't.
Thanks for the insight, Osiris. I knew Morrison was out there, but I had no idea that it was to this extent.
On a lighter note, I don't see why DETECTIVE COMICS even has the RIP on the cover because it isn't connected to the BATMAN storyline in any significant way.
Could it be to sell more comics? The hell you say!!
Annoying, and I am not crazy about the RIP storyline so far either. I only got caught up in it because I thought something significant was going to happen. Now it seems that it is only significant if you live in Grant Morrison's world.

Zendetta
22nd August 08, 11:51 AM
The Hebrew alphabet has mystical connotation attached to each letter, at least in the Kabbalic initiatory tradition. Many western mystic traditions have attached these same definitions to our own alphabet.

aka "The longest, most complicated Jewish Joke in history"

Goon, do you know the work Franz Bardon?

WarPhalange
22nd August 08, 11:56 AM
Why did people decide to fuck up Batman? Why do they always fuck up characters?

Look, Batman was a kid who's parents got shot and decided to become a vigilante since he's fucking rich. Where did all this magic bullshit come into play? He had simple villains: a guy half his face burned off called "Two-Face", a guy in a clown costume called "Joker", etc. No magic, just batshit insane villains.

Same deal with Spider Man. Suddenly they added in dimensions and magic and bullshit like that.

X-Men? Aliens. What the fuck.

They can't just say "Okay, here's a decent story. It's like our world but with one change to it and BAM you get all these consequences!"

No, you have to fuck it up with magic and aliens.

SFGOON
22nd August 08, 01:32 PM
aka "The longest, most complicated Jewish Joke in history"

Goon, do you know the work Franz Bardon?

I know of it, but I'm too much of an iconoclast to go in for his sort of thing. I'm a God damn Quaker, for Christ's sake!

Zendetta
22nd August 08, 04:19 PM
I'm a God damn Quaker, for Christ's sake!

This reminds me of something someone said about Steven Seagal (no offense intended): "He's the only guy I know who can use the words 'dalai lama' and 'motherfucker' in the same sentence."

Bardon has some interesting perspectives on ye old K/Qaballah. For a Goy, that is.

AAAhmed46
23rd August 08, 12:51 PM
As crazy as morrison might be, atleast he doesn't want to nuke entire countries like frank miller.

Gezere
24th August 08, 10:04 AM
Os is spot on about Morrison. I read The Invisibles and often thought this would be much better if I was high (but I no longer get high at least not for another 8 yrs then I will roll the biggest blunt known to the beach I end up on at the moment!!!!)

I haven't followed the R.I.P. storyline which is odd because I follow most Bat related major storylines but I have been falling behind in my comics due to school.

But let us remember one of the main rules of comics: EVERYTHING CAN BE UNDONE, REDONE, OR BLATANTLY FORGOTTEN WHENEVER!

Odacon
26th August 08, 08:01 AM
In fairness they never said he'd never be Batman again, just that he won't be after RIP is over. I think it's a good way to have Tim Drake or Dick Grayson take the mantle temporarily and see how the public reacts.

OZZ
26th August 08, 10:35 PM
In fairness they never said he'd never be Batman again, just that he won't be after RIP is over. I think it's a good way to have Tim Drake or Dick Grayson take the mantle temporarily and see how the public reacts.

Should Dick Grayson take it? He is a pretty well-established hero himself now.
Nightwing is also a very popular comic - not something DC would stop publishing.So, does that mean that Tim Drake takes over as Nightwing and Robin takes a rest for a while?
Hhmmm..

WarPhalange
27th August 08, 12:09 AM
You guys are fucking nerds.

Shawarma
27th August 08, 06:19 AM
Look who's talking, you spin protons for a living.

WarPhalange
27th August 08, 12:15 PM
Yes, and at no moment in that do I think that aliens will come with magical powers to fight God, which turns out to be my neighbor's dog.

OZZ
18th September 08, 11:57 PM
Don't know about the shipments in your areas, but comics rarely arrive on time up here. Especially Marvel titles and smaller, independant companies. But I finally got the next ish in the RIP saga - BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS # 11.
This is one comic I have NEVER read. Can someone very briefly fill me in on who the Outsiders are and why Batman has any involvement with them. The series has been around for a while, but I've just never picked one up.
Thanks in advance.

Odacon
19th September 08, 04:36 AM
It's an awful comic that you shouldn't read. All the RIP tie ins were done against Morrison's wishes and have little if anything to do with the main story.

OZZ
19th September 08, 12:42 PM
It's an awful comic that you shouldn't read. All the RIP tie ins were done against Morrison's wishes and have little if anything to do with the main story.

Kind of got that impression..seems like they are just riding Batman's coattails and if I missed the stories in the other titles it wouldn't make much of a difference.
But still -WHO are the Outsiders and what is their connection to Batman? The series has been running since the 80's so there must be something to it...

EDIT: IS THIS NOT A LEGITIMATE QUESTION? SHEESH, WHY CAN'T SOMEONE JUST TELL ME A BIT OF BACKGROUND INFO ON THE OUTSIDERS??

Dagon Akujin
21st September 08, 01:05 PM
EDIT: IS THIS NOT A LEGITIMATE QUESTION? SHEESH, WHY CAN'T SOMEONE JUST TELL ME A BIT OF BACKGROUND INFO ON THE OUTSIDERS??

http://www.gearcritech.com/images/update092205_TheOutsiders04.JPG

Dagon Akujin
21st September 08, 01:14 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/2516775625_62713e7756.jpg

Dagon Akujin
21st September 08, 01:15 PM

http://www.lostinthepast.net/motion/Outside/outsiders.jpg

jvjim
21st September 08, 08:58 PM
Stay gold dagon, stay gold.

OZZ
21st September 08, 09:04 PM
Your a real comedian Dagon..fuck, you should be on stage with Seinfeld.
The Outsiders is a great movie, though. A good book too.
If no one is going to answer me I guess I'll just have to do my own homework.
Spoilports.

Odacon
22nd September 08, 10:51 AM
The short answer is, the outsiders are an under the radar superhero group, that take care of problems the Justice League etc. cant (political/jurisdiction/moral reasons).

OZZ
22nd September 08, 11:26 AM
Thanx !!

Dagon Akujin
23rd September 08, 11:52 AM
The real cool thing about The Outsiders is that it's a book about the relationship between Jesus and Satan.

No, seriously. I even bring that up in my classes when I get to teach it every so often.

Your a real comedian Dagon..fuck, you should be on stage with Seinfeld.
"You're".

Spoilports.
??? That sounds like the business end of a hooker.

OZZ
8th November 08, 08:32 PM
There is only one more issue from each of Batman, Detective Comics and Batman and the Outsiders left to go in this storyline and I am hardly impressed. The other books (as observed by others in this thread) have no real bearing on the Morrison scripts in Batman, and the sory itself , I find, is a bit ..well. I don't know what to call it besides weird.
The idea of Batman establishing an alter ego deep within his subconscious in case someone takes over his mind is kind of neat, I suppose. But the villains in this story don't appeal to me (besides the Joker, obviously) and I find the whole thing a little confusing. As I am sure Grant Morrison would love..being as stoned and strange as he supposedly is.
Does ANYBODY like this story? Does anybody know something I don't about what's going on that might make me a bit more interested? I like the whole Catwoman's- heart -outside -her- body thing in Detective Comics better than the shit in Batman..
Is anything TRULY significant going to happen? I started to read this because I thought that was going to be the case. Now, I am not so sure..
Thoughts?

Osiris
10th November 08, 10:23 PM
Its not a Batman story. Its about acid and/or Morrison's life. I doubt it will have any real importance so far as Batman goes.

OZZ
10th November 08, 11:01 PM
Now you tell me..

Odacon
11th November 08, 06:34 PM
It's not that hard to follow, just read Morrison's run and it all comes together. The repercussions will be felt in the new year when everything catches up re Final Crisis, with both Robin and Nightwing being canceled and the storyline "battle for the cowl" will result in the (probably temporarily) new batman taking over. Also Neil Gaiman will be writing a special called "Whatever Happened to the Cape Crusader?," named after the Alan Moore story about the silver age superman.

Shawarma
1st December 08, 04:31 PM
So, I read on CNN or something that Bruce Wayne is actually DEAD now and that it was his own goddamn daddy what killed him, having faked his own death more than twenty years earlier.

What is this bullshit, homes?

OZZ
2nd December 08, 11:30 AM
The Black Glove is claiming to be Thomas Wayne..but it is obviously BS.
In the last issue of the RIP storyline, Batman leaped on a burning helicopter that the aforementioned villain was trying to escape in and the helicopter exploded and went in to the river...no one has seen Batman since.
He isn't dead.
BUT
The rumors persist that he WILL be replaced soon, likely by Dick Grayson.
The entire RIP storyline was a bit lame in my opinion.
The next few months are going to feature stories by different writers and continuity in Batman and Detective Comics will not be returned to for at least a few months.

Odacon
19th December 08, 04:39 PM
What?

mrblackmagic
19th December 08, 09:09 PM
So this was a legit storyline? What the hell?
How do you kill Bruce Wayne?

How does the Outsiders relate to relationship between Satan and Jesus?

Odacon
20th December 08, 02:57 PM
Jesus it wasn't written in code, the story line was a group attacked batman psychologically, forcing him to adopt an emergency persona for a while and eventually with the help of his "family" coming out on top. The damage to his mind accompanied by the trauma suffered during the final crisis caused the dominant "batman" persona to die. Also this leads to the "battle for the cowl" series, which is looking pretty good at the moment:

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/940/940212/batman-battle-for-the-cowl-20081219031550669.jpg

OZZ
21st December 08, 12:27 PM
OK..be patient with me. I didn't read Final Crisis. I understand what has happened thus far in RIP, but could you give me a summary of what happened in Final Crisis?

Odacon
21st December 08, 12:48 PM
OK..be patient with me. I didn't read Final Crisis. I understand what has happened thus far in RIP, but could you give me a summary of what happened in Final Crisis?

Batman was captured by the new god Granny Goodness, who having lost her corporal form along with the rest of her kind had taken control of an Alpha Lantern (Green Lantern Internal affairs/MP's). He was then taken to the Apokoliptian god's base in the Command D bunker in the ruins of Bludhaven. He then was plugged into a torture device that infected his mind with a parasitic being who accessed his memories and made him run through his career as batman, with the goal of using his experiences and DNA to create an army of Batmen justifiers (Apokoliptan storm troopers). This takes place between Final Crisis and batman 682/683.

Odacon
26th December 08, 04:41 PM
Update: DC recently revealed this teaser for battle for the cowl, looks awesome.

http://i.livescience.com/images/BFTC_NYCC-Spread_comp.jpg
http://i.livescience.com/images/BFTC_NYCC-Spread_comp.jpg

Jim_Jude
26th December 08, 05:00 PM

No! a, aa, b, & bb are also options.

also, aaa, bbb, aba, bab. baa. abb.... it con't.

EDIT: FUCK SHIT RINGS! HE BEAT ME TO IT! *cries* He's staff... HE'S STAFF!!!!!

Kiko
27th December 08, 03:45 PM
This goes here, I think..
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4416/ripbeautifulcatwomanwl8.jpg

Jim_Jude
27th December 08, 06:14 PM
This goes here, I think..
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4416/ripbeautifulcatwomanwl8.jpg

Colon Cancer. What a terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible way to go, for a classy lady.

RIP

OZZ
28th December 08, 06:05 PM
Ertha Kitt Died?
I always considered Julie Newmar to be the definitive 70's Catwoman..but Ertha was great too.
RIP.

OZZ
15th January 09, 07:05 PM
Just to let everyone know..RIP is coming out in Graphic Novel format in a couple of weeks and there has been a second printing of the regular issues as well. The cover for Batman 681 2nd print is cooler than the 1st print regular edition cover.
If I wasn't a computer idiot I'd put up a picture of it..

Odacon
16th January 09, 03:48 PM
Batman's final fate was revealed on Wednesday in Final Crisis 6:
http://i.livescience.com/images/Ripped01.jpg

OZZ
16th January 09, 03:55 PM
Batman's final fate was revealed on Wednesday in Final Crisis 6:
http://i.livescience.com/images/Ripped01.jpg

That was the last page of the comic and I would wait a bit until everyone starts writing eulogies..
Final Crisis -from what I have heard - is not making much sense to a lot of people. I have not been reading it, I am just going to stick to the regular Batman family books and the Superman/Batman series unless I have to go outside of that.And I hope I don't.

OZZ
5th February 09, 09:09 PM
Batman RIP is going to be released as a hard cover collection later this month..big surprise.
It is being touted as some sort of landmark event in Batman's history, but those of us that read it know better.
Anyways..the Battle for the Cowl starts soon too and the stories are going to be released in one shots and mini series that explore how different this part of the DC Universe will be from here on out. The books will be released between March and May with a grand finale in June.
The story begins with total chaos in Gotham City..Batman has been missing for months and other heroes are trying to fill the void..
Here's what it looks like as far as month by month goes:

March

Gotham Gazette: Batman Dead?
Battle for the Cowl #1 (of 3)
Azrael #1
Oracle:The Cure #1
Battle for the Cowl: Commissioner Gordon

April

Battle for the Cowl: Man-Bat
Battle for the Cowl #2 (of 3)
Azrael #2
Oracle:The Cure# 2
Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum
Battle for the Cowl: The Underground

May

Azrael #3
Oracle: The Cure #3
Battle for the Cowl #3 (of 3)
Gotham Gazette: Batman Alive?

June

They can't tell us yet...but it's BIG !

So is Barbara Gordon going to walk again and re claim her role as Batgirl? Is that the 'cure' we're hearing about? How will old Gordon take to the turn of events?And what the hell is that idiot Azrael doing back in Gotham?
Only time will tell.
Let's hope this proves to be a great comic event and not a let-down.Batman deserves the best.

Hedley LaMarr
5th February 09, 11:34 PM
I'm hoping for Jason Todd as the new Batman. Dick and Tim aren't crazy enough.

Shawarma
6th February 09, 12:16 PM
So, is Bruce Wayne actually dead now?

Odacon
6th February 09, 02:37 PM
Nope.

Shawarma
6th February 09, 03:32 PM
So who the fuck is that in your avata....wait, fuck it, I don't wanna know. Comic books continuity is beyond my meagre skills of comprehension.

OZZ
6th February 09, 05:45 PM
Dick Grayson deserves the mantle of the Bat and I hope he is the one to get it. It's high time the torch was passed to the right person., even if it is only temporarily.
Anyone who hasn't read Prodigal (the 12 -part storyline in which Dick dons the Batman suit) before should do it now. Its a nice look inside the kind of wracking self-doubt that flies around in Grayson's mind as he attempts to fill the shoes of a giant.I don't think it is out in trade, though, so you would have to dig up all the back issues.
On the one hand, I like Nightwing and think he has done a good job getting out from under Batman's shadow and establishing himself as a legitimate hero. So, if he remains Nightwing for solely that reason I would be cool with it. But the only other person I think could truly take over would be Bruce's son, Damian..who is still too young.Hopefully, It will go like this:
- Dick Grayson takes over for about 3-4 years
- Bruce wayne returns for two or three more years
- Damian becomes the next Batman
All I know is that If fuckin' Azrael gets it somehow I'm going to be pissed!!

Hedley LaMarr
6th February 09, 07:08 PM
Dick Grayson deserves the mantle of the Bat and I hope he is the one to get it. It's high time the torch was passed to the right person., even if it is only temporarily.
Anyone who hasn't read Prodigal (the 12 -part storyline in which Dick dons the Batman suit) before should do it now. Its a nice look inside the kind of wracking self-doubt that flies around in Grayson's mind as he attempts to fill the shoes of a giant.I don't think it is out in trade, though, so you would have to dig up all the back issues.
On the one hand, I like Nightwing and think he has done a good job getting out from under Batman's shadow and establishing himself as a legitimate hero. So, if he remains Nightwing for solely that reason I would be cool with it. But the only other person I think could truly take over would be Bruce's son, Damian..who is still too young.Hopefully, It will go like this:
- Dick Grayson takes over for about 3-4 years
- Bruce wayne returns for two or three more years
- Damian becomes the next Batman
All I know is that If fuckin' Azrael gets it somehow I'm going to be pissed!!

Dick is too much of a straight-shooter to be Batman. Take a look at this quote from "Tales of the Teen Titans" #44:

The Batman taught me, guided me, trained me. What I am I owe to him. What more can I say? And Superman. I grew up in your shadow, too. You taught me honor, selflessness, and the true meaning of the word 'hero.' …

Grayson is too much of a hero to be the Dark Knight. He is more like Superman ideologically, trying to be an honorable hero.

Batman isn't a hero. He's the Dark Knight. He's a sick twisted SOB who walks the line between justice and vengeance. He is capable of killing, and I don't think Dick is.

Jason is the best choice for Batman. He is the best match for Bruce psychologically. Both have had to go through personal tragedy alone (for Bruce it was his parent's death. For Jason, well, it was his own death and resurrection) whereas Dick and Tim had Batman to help them through their personal tragedies. Batman also considers Jason his biggest failure: what better poetic justice than to be make his "biggest failure" his successor?

Jason is the only candidate who would keep the tradition of the brooding loner who stalks the streets of Gotham at night fighting for justice. Now there would be the problem of him being compelled to kill his enemies, but I think that would make for good story, unlike Azrael who was basically a killing machine. I don't think Dick or Tim could be Batman. Dick would be too much like Adam West's Batman (I mean I liked the show for it's camp value but come on) and Tim is both too young and has really made the guise of Robin his own.

Shawarma
6th February 09, 07:32 PM
Wait, Jason? Are we talking Jason Todd here? For fuck's sake, I remember the Joker killing his annoying blonde ass. Don't tell me they brought that particular fucktoy of Batman's back from the dead too!

Hedley LaMarr
6th February 09, 07:44 PM
Wait, Jason? Are we talking Jason Todd here? For fuck's sake, I remember the Joker killing his annoying blonde ass. Don't tell me they brought that particular fucktoy of Batman's back from the dead too!
Yes they brought him back. I believe the explanation was that because Superboy Prime was hitting a wall or something that it caused ripples in space time that raised him from the grave.

Shawarma
6th February 09, 07:49 PM
I really stopped reading comics at the right time.

OZZ
7th February 09, 11:30 AM
The problem I have with Jason Todd being Batman is that HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED FUCKING DEAD!!
I don't think Dick Grayson is as much of a goody two shoe as you are making him out to be, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
As long as it is not fucking Azrael..please, God.

Hedley LaMarr
7th February 09, 01:25 PM
The problem I have with Jason Todd being Batman is that HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED FUCKING DEAD!!
I don't think Dick Grayson is as much of a goody two shoe as you are making him out to be, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
As long as it is not fucking Azrael..please, God.
I can't recall any incident where Dick did something of a dark nature. The closest he has come to walking the line is when he let the female vigilante Tarantula kill Blockbuster. And I think that was a terrible story arc to begin with (if I recall correctly, Grayson was raped later in that arc by Tarantula.)

As for Jason Todd being killed, I think that was a bad idea. For starters, you shouldn't let the fans choose who lives and who dies. That's just asking for trouble. The whole idea of the phone poll to determine the fate of Jason Todd would be like the director of DC Comics going to 4chan to ask for pointers on upcoming stories. If they did that for every character I would be willing to bet everyone except Batman and Lobo would be killed off. Especially Superman, who would be killed off in a jailhouse rumble after being caught by Chris Hansen and depowered.

I will admit Todd was kind of annoying pre-death, but now that he's back I like him. He's a jerk, and who doesn't love a jerk? I hope they do more with the Jason Todd character in the future.

Odacon
7th February 09, 03:02 PM
Quick explanation, Batman was shifted through an infinite number of progressively worse alternate lives by Darkseid, the physical toll of which you can see in my avatar. Darkseid died in Final Crisis 7, causing Batman to stop shifting and is currently stuck in an unknown point in time and space. Also anyone thinking Jason Todd (Brought back to life by Superboy/man Prime, who caused time and space to skip like a record when he literally pounded his way back into reality) will become Batman is either a deluded fanboy or just hasn't being reading comics lately. He'll redeem himself for sure, but that's it. Grayson will get the nod, he's too established as a hero, people actually look up to him and trust him like they do Bruce Wayne, and that's what Batman is in the end, a symbol of justice that is trusted not to falter or fail.

Hedley LaMarr
7th February 09, 05:41 PM
Also anyone thinking Jason Todd .... will become Batman is either a deluded fanboy or just hasn't being reading comics lately. He'll redeem himself for sure, but that's it. Grayson will get the nod, he's too established as a hero, people actually look up to him and trust him like they do Bruce Wayne, and that's what Batman is in the end, a symbol of justice that is trusted not to falter or fail.
That's the thing: he's established as his own hero. A hero who happens to be on a first-name basis with almost every superhero in the DC Universe. He's been the leader of the Outsiders, Teen Titans, and Young Justice. He is way too trusting of other heroes to be Batman, who can be downright paranoid about other heroes. That's one of the reasons Batman founded the Outsiders and the reason he built Brother Eye.

Dick Grayson is too established as his own character to be a good replacement for Batman. While I think Jason Todd is the best candidate, I would prefer most anyone to take the cowl rather than Dick or Azrael.

Although I have a feeling that Battle for the Cowl will end with Bruce coming back and no one taking over for him. it seems like DC's editors are having some reunion of their main characters seeing as Barry Allen came back.

Zendetta
7th February 09, 05:48 PM
Goddam, I can't understand how you people make room in your brains for this shit.

Odacon
7th February 09, 05:52 PM
They teach reading comprehension in schools over here. No I'm just messing the DC continuity is awful, for example batman will be out of all dc books apart from superman/batman and the brave and the bold, he'll just carry on in those like nothings happened, and then they wonder why they're in a distant second to Marvel in sales.

OZZ
21st April 09, 12:19 AM
Just a note or two on the Battle For the Cowl storyline thus far ..
I am happy with the main Title, but the Oracle one is bugging me, its already two issues in and the story is lame and hasn't even begun to hint at Barbara Gordon getting 'cured'.
THe Commissioner Gordon and Man Bat books are OK, but not great.The Azrael one is redundant, and I couldn't care less about that character, personally.
What do others think?

EuropIan
21st April 09, 03:50 AM
this is an excellent primer for those who are ignorant about the history of robin

quM_641RG64

OZZ
21st April 09, 05:24 PM
Amusing in an adolescent way..but I'd prefer to hear some people's opinions on The Battle For The Cowl.

Hedley LaMarr
21st April 09, 10:03 PM
Jason Todd is a gun-wielding Batman. I'm pretty content so far.

Darkenedaqua
22nd April 09, 06:58 PM
You mean like what they did in Batman Beyond?

Hedley LaMarr
22nd April 09, 09:33 PM
You mean like what they did in Batman Beyond?
If that is in response to my last post, no. In Batman Beyond, Terry McGinnis is under the tutelage of an elderly Bruce Wayne. In the current story Jason Todd, noted psychopath and zombie, puts on a modified batsuit and shoots people. Bruce Wayne is dead (or stuck back in time, I can't keep it straight) and it is not set in the future. Also, every one is trying to stop Jason Todd. It's basically as far from Batman Beyond you can get in terms of plot and characters.

I did like Batman Beyond though.

Dagon Akujin
22nd April 09, 10:48 PM
My fiancee would just like to point out that she totally has the hots for Terry McGinnis. She's also making me watch the whole series.

DerAuslander108
23rd April 09, 01:38 PM
I'm in love with Cassandra.

socratic
23rd April 09, 07:25 PM
I remember someone mentioning that Bruce won't stay dead, he'll just return and retire. I figure he's way too popular to kill off forever [see death of superman] and sooner or later our favourite grizzled Bats will be back in action.

OZZ
23rd April 09, 10:56 PM
Bruce Wayne will return at some point, for sure. The way I see things happening is this:
Dick Grayson takes over for about a year or so , then Bruce Wayne returns 'from the dead' with some heavy drama. Alfred dies shortly after Master Wayne comes home, and then a few years later, Batman's son, Damian, takes on the mantle of the Bat.
For better or worse.
Dick Grayson returns to being Nightwing.

OZZ
23rd April 09, 10:58 PM
My fiancee would just like to point out that she totally has the hots for Terry McGinnis. She's also making me watch the whole series.

I didn't think I would like Batman Beyond, but now I own all three seasons on DVD and think it's great.

Hedley LaMarr
24th April 09, 12:06 AM
Bruce Wayne will return at some point, for sure. The way I see things happening is this:
Dick Grayson takes over for about a year or so , then Bruce Wayne returns 'from the dead' with some heavy drama. Alfred dies shortly after Master Wayne comes home, and then a few years later, Batman's son, Damian, takes on the mantle of the Bat.
For better or worse.
Dick Grayson returns to being Nightwing.
That's boring. I prefer Jason Todd shooting people as a renegade Batman for awhile. Or maybe Tim Drake taking over as Batman while Damain becomes Robin.

Here's an article about the series that will be out after BftC http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090207-nycc09-batman.html

Here's the text (in spoiler form, because long article is long)

The Batman: Battle for the Cowl panel at New York Comic Con focused on what will happen to all the Batman books now that Batman R.I.P. and Final Crisis caused a job opening in Gotham City.

On the panel were Greg Rucka, Dustin Nguyen, Mike Marts, Mike Siglain, Peter Tomasi, Tony Daniel and Ian Sattler.

Sattler asked the audience how many people think Batman's dead. Very few responded. The audience guessed he was in the beginning of time or somewhere else in the multiverse.

Marts said that the three-issue limited series Battle for the Cowl begins in March and will address what happens in the void of Batman. Tony Daniel will write and draw the comic.

Daniel said he's enjoying the chance to write the Gotham characters, and he's been working closely with Marts on every element of the story. "I'm waiting for approval of how this ends, and if I get my way, I'll be very happy," Daniel said.

A series of five one-shots will also come out during the Battle for the Cowl event, each focusing on a different character or characters, including one for Man-Bat, one for Commissioner Gordon, and also the Network, the Underground and the Arkham Asylum one-shots. There will also be two one-shots called Gotham Gazette that will start and finish the series.

Sattler then played a game of "Family Feud" with the audience, where people had to guess what series were being announced to begin in June.

When a fan guessed Detective Comics, Sattler announced that Rucka will take over as writer on Detective Comics beginning in June with Batwoman in the lead role and J.H. Williams. Rucka said he's not sure how long he's going to be on Detective Comics, but he said J.H. Williams will be on the book for at least 12 issues.

"I think there's a legitimate question why we should care about this character. And the reason you should care is she's kick-ass cool," Rucka said.

When the crowd had only three successful guesses (out of eight) but couldn't get any more of them, Dan DiDio stood up in the audience to guess all the books being announced for June.

The other comic book series beginning in June are:

- Batman
- Batman and Robin
- Red Robin
- Outsiders
- Batgirl
- Batman: The Streets of Gotham
- Gotham City Sirens (with implications being that Catwoman would be part of the book)
- (the aforementioned) Detective Comics

The unsuccessful guesses, which will NOT be out in June, included:
- Nightwing
- Oracle
- Batwoman

The panel was then opened to questions.

- Was Bane ever considered for Battle for the Cowl? Marts: His involvement in Secret Six made him a little too busy.

- Will we see more Tim vs. Damian? Marts: Yes.

- Will Paul Dini be involved in future Batman books? Marts: Yes. Perhaps in more than one spot.

- Will the Batman books be tying into Blackest Night at all? Sattler: Yes.

- Will the fate of Wayne Enterprises be decided in Battle for the Cowl? Daniel: There's some foreshadowing in the first issue, but that will mostly be handled in the June books.

- Is Renee Montoya on an alternate earth? Rucka: "No. Is Grant Morrison on an alternate earth? Yes!"

- Will Owlman get a book? Tomasi: No. Batman and the Outsiders is out next Wednesday, and a lot will be revealed about Owlman in that.

- What is Joker doing during this? Sattler: You wait awhile for Joker.

- Since there's no Nightwing book, does that mean there's no Nightwing? Rucka: There's a character in Action Comics named Nightwing.

- Will there be any more Gotham Central characters showing up? Rucka: Yes, in Detective Comics they will lead back in because I can't keep away from them. Maggie shows up by Issue #856. The first four issues are an initial story with Batwoman, then there are three issues that are about her origin.

- Did Harvey kill the guy who shot Gordon? Rucka: Yes. And I don't think they've ever explained how he got his badge back. Sattler: We'll explain that.

- Will the whole DC Universe be involved in Battle for the Cowl? Daniel: Not really. We're going to see a few of the central characters like Tim Drake, Dick Grayson and Jason Todd as the main focus of the story. The battle is pretty much a three-way battle. It's going to be limited to just Gotham City. It's a very personal battle.

- (Asked by Marts) Are Catwoman, Knight and Squire, Ragman, and Black Canary there? Daniel: They're all there, but they don't necessarily all want to be Batman.

- Will Alfred be involved in all these books? Tomasi: You'll see his military background and a harsher side of him in Batman and the Outsiders. He's the eyes and ears of the Batman and the Outsiders Special.

- What's the motivation of those three characters who are battling for the cowl? Why isn't Dick Grayson the obvious choice? Daniel: Well, Grayson doesn't think there should be a new Batman. He thinks he's irreplaceable. But they all realize that without him, Gotham is a mess. But Tim might have a different idea, and think maybe he should step up before someone else takes over Gotham.

- What are the major villains doing now that there's chaos in Gotham? Daniel: Two-Face and the Penguin have gained alliances, with bad guys choosing sides in a battle for Gotham. Commissioner Gordon is losing control and people are asking him to step down. He's considering calling in the National Guard. "We also see the return of an old villain who's kind of new again."

Daniel said there will be two Batman-costumed people fighting each other during the series.

- Are there any plans for the Anarchy to appear again? Marts: He did appear in Robin recently, and we do plan to involve him in the future.

- Will we see interaction between Talia and Jason Todd? Marts: Yes.

- When is Grant Morrison coming back to Batman? Sattler: June.

- Is Deathstroke going to be in Batman and the Outsiders? Yes, Deathstroke is in an upcoming issue, and he'll meet Geo Force. There will be a bit of violence.

- How involved in Battle for the Cowl is Hush? Daniel: Not in Battle for the Cowl. Marts: He'll be around in June. Tommy's in an interesting spot right now because he looks like Bruce Wayne, so that story will be told.

- Are there people who are going to support different sides of the battle for Batman? Daniel: There's a network in Gotham City that Batgirl and Dick put together to control Gotham. There will be characters with whom they're close.

- A fan asked why Batman's corpse is in Final Crisis, but then he's at the beginning of time? Sattler: The answer will come soon. That corpse is something, and we're getting to it soon.

- What is Dustin going to be drawing? Tomasi: Well, he's up here, so you can guess from there. But it isn't announced yet.

- When is there going to be fallout from Final Crisis and Batman R.I.P. in the rest of the DC Universe? Sattler: Very soon. And it will be labeled on the front of the book, so you can't miss it.

- What number can fans call to get Jason Todd killed again? Sattler (joking): We'll have some kind of text message where you can vote during American Idol.

- Is Two-Face actually going to wear the costume? Rucka: It will be a giant penny that he flips. Sattler: We're not going to answer that question because it's

- Is Fabian Nicieza going to be involved in the Bat books? Marts: Yes. He's contributed greatly to the Bat books. You'll be seeing Fabe on the Bat books for awhile to come.

- What was the green-eyed monster attached to Bat-Mite? Marts: It is a story that will be told.

- Will we see Club of Heroes in Battle for the Cowl? Marts: Yes.

- Will the Spectre be involved? Sattler: No.

- Any more Edward Nigma? Marts: Yes, he'll be in the Underground one-shot. Daniel: He's in Battle for the Cowl #1.

- How will Battle for the Cowl affect the relationship between Batman and Superman? Sattler: It will, obviously. But Superman's going to be pretty busy. Rucka: Superman's not really at home. He's going to be on another planet most of this time. He's got his hands full. But I will tell you this -- he's Superman, and he will know who's under the cowl. If he had a problem with it, he'd address it.

- Will the Superman/Batman comic going to reflect these changes? Sattler: It will continue as a comic.

- Will Bat-Mite figure into what's going on with Bruce Wayne? Marts: Not in the next few months.

- More Neil Gaiman on Batman? Marts: His comic comes out next week. Sattler: The Neil Gaiman Batman stuff is "truly remarkable." Marts: They're two extremely special issues. It might be among Neil's best work. It's definitely Andy Kubert's best work. Sattler: There probably won't be more Neil this year, but you will definitely want to check out those issues.

- Will Red Robin be wearing the Kingdom Come costume in the June series? Sattler: We can't say.

- With Birds of Prey ending, will those characters be in Battle for the Cowl? Daniel: Yes. I love Birds of Prey, and we see them in every issue. They help Tim and Dick handle Gotham. Siglain: Check out the Oracle mini-series and the Batgirl series for more on them.

- Will there be variant covers for Battle for the Cowl? Marts: Yes. Daniel: Am I doing them? Marts: Yes. One variant per issue.

- Any chance Jason Todd will take on Azrael? Marts: There's a chance.

- Where will we see Bruce Wayne again? Sattler: You might see him again, but you'll just have to keep reading.

- How did Tim Drake grow his hair back? Marts: Fabian has an answer for that and it will be addressed.

- Will they all make it out of Battle for the Cowl? Sattler: There will be a coffin.

- When will we see Nightwing's lair again? Tomasi: Unfortunately, the lair is not going to be around. Sattler: Along with Nightwing, possibly.

- Where will Tony go after Battle for the Cowl? Marts: I'm not letting him go anywhere else.

- Which book will Stephanie Brown be in, and will she be appearing regularly? Marts: She'll be in Gotham Gazette next.

More New York Comic Con 2009 Coverage:

Here's how I see the lineup based on the article:

Dick Grayson: Batman. It sounds kind of lame to me, but whatever.
Damian Wayne: Robin
Tim Drake: Red Robin

socratic
24th April 09, 09:05 AM
It'd be cool if Bat Azrael and Jason Batman fought for the cowl, and Jason won, then the next successor fought Jason and took the mantle from him, etc. Then you get both psychotic killing badasses as Batman for a stint before the true successor comes along; sorta like they did with Punisher taking over the role of Cap until new lame Cap.

Hedley LaMarr
24th April 09, 02:06 PM
It'd be cool if Bat Azrael and Jason Batman fought for the cowl, and Jason won, then the next successor fought Jason and took the mantle from him, etc. Then you get both psychotic killing badasses as Batman for a stint before the true successor comes along; sorta like they did with Punisher taking over the role of Cap until new lame Cap.
What I'd like to see is two Batmen: Dick Grayson as the lame version of Adam West, and Jason as an unofficial "Bat" who goes around shooting serial killers. Kind of like "Dexter" in tights.

Halfrican
24th April 09, 02:20 PM
In the time you waste making boring posts and negative repping people you could go adopt some brown babies and save the world! Fucking hippy

Hedley LaMarr
24th April 09, 02:33 PM
And in the time you make un-amusing borderline racist posts, you could go fuck yourself.

Odacon
24th April 09, 04:38 PM
This thread is making Bruce Wayne Spin in his grave.

Spade: The Real Snake
24th April 09, 06:27 PM

I wonder if DC will publish a phone number where we can vote for this to happen.

OZZ
24th April 09, 08:24 PM
You guys are hopeless..
But thanks for the info Dunkel.

Hedley LaMarr
24th April 09, 11:29 PM
But he's not in a grave, he's stuck back in time.

Odacon
25th April 09, 09:31 AM
Black hand disagrees:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/solicits/dccomics/200907/dcu/GL-Cv43.jpg

Bruce is in the ground, but simultaneously in another point in the multiverse thanks to Darkseid.

OZZ
25th April 09, 12:54 PM
Is that from Infinite Crisis?
I didn't read that storyline, and all I know is that Batman was last seen (in his own books) clinging to a helicopter and punching through the glass trying to get at the Black Hand as he made his escape.
Then the helicopter went into the river..hasn't been seen since.
All this dual reality shit bugs me, its just a way to sell more comics and drag out other storylines.
I refuse to read Infinite Crisis.
Edit: I really liked the Neil Gaiman scripts for "Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader?" - especially the 2nd one. One of the best out of this whole mess that is RIP, Battle For The Cowl ..etc.

Odacon
25th April 09, 03:13 PM
RIP had nothing to do really with Bruce Wayne's death, he was "killed" by darkseid in Final Crisis #6. The picture I posted is from July's Green Latern, which follows on from Blackest Night 0, which is free BTW on free comic book day.

Ajamil
26th April 09, 09:44 AM
Blackest Night is finally starting?! Someone else is following the Sinestro Ciorps Wars?? WTF pink lanterns? Did GL go all Power Ranger-y on us?

Do you think Mogo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogo) could beat Ego (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_the_Living_Planet) in a fight?

Odacon
26th April 09, 09:55 AM
Blackest night starts in June, the Star Sapphires or pink lanterns have been around almost as long as the green lanterns, the Red, Blue, Orange, Violet and Black are new. Also as a lantern fan I'd go with Mogo.

Ajamil
26th April 09, 10:05 AM
Fuck yeah Mogo would win, he's got the whole Corps backing him up.

OZZ
20th May 09, 05:37 PM
Well, all you readers who wanted something DIFFERENT..alll you batfans who thought it would be neat to have something WEIRD take place insofar as who would take the cape and cowl over instead of the letting the natural progression run its course and have the MOST DESERVED, MOST WORTHY and BEST CANDIDATE take over for Bruce Wayne.
You are all OUT OF LUCK !!
The 3rd instalment of Battle for the Cowl reveals that the mantle is indeed going to be passed on to none other than Dick Grayson AKA> NIGHTWING and the first,original and best ROBIN.
He kicked Jason Todd's ass and sent him off the bullet train and then 'Psycho Todd' refused Dick's help and he fell into the river. I'm sure we will see him again soon regardless, but the battle for the cowl between Jason and Dick is over.
Dick has accepted the fact that he was destined to carry the torch and become Gotham's Dark Knight in the absence of Bruce Wayne.
Dick Grayson IS Batman.
And that is the way it should be.

Robot Jesus
20th May 09, 08:47 PM
how long until this never happened?

Hedley LaMarr
21st May 09, 01:07 AM
Well, all you readers who wanted something DIFFERENT..alll you batfans who thought it would be neat to have something WEIRD take place insofar as who would take the cape and cowl over instead of the letting the natural progression run its course and have the MOST DESERVED, MOST WORTHY and BEST CANDIDATE take over for Bruce Wayne.
You are all OUT OF LUCK !!
The 3rd instalment of Battle for the Cowl reveals that the mantle is indeed going to be passed on to none other than Dick Grayson AKA> NIGHTWING and the first,original and best ROBIN.
He kicked Jason Todd's ass and sent him off the bullet train and then 'Psycho Todd' refused Dick's help and he fell into the river. I'm sure we will see him again soon regardless, but the battle for the cowl between Jason and Dick is over.
Dick has accepted the fact that he was destined to carry the torch and become Gotham's Dark Knight in the absence of Bruce Wayne.
Dick Grayson IS Batman.
And that is the way it should be. Settle down there, Bruce'll probably be back within 2 years.

I figured out that Dick would be Batman since reading this article about two weeks ago.
http://comics.ign.com/articles/961/961488p1.html

My favorite quote:

This is a very different Batman and Robin team from any that we've seen before. It's almost a reverse of the traditional dynamic, with a more light-hearted and spontaneous Batman and a scowling, badass Robin. Expect fireworks and violence.

Followed by

Morrison: Absolutely. That's part of the fun of this particular iteration of the character. No one can live up to Bruce Wayne's standards.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Jason's tenure as Batman, and look forward to seeing more of him in the future.

OZZ
21st May 09, 10:09 AM
I know Bruce will be back..but in the meantime, Dick Grayson is the best choice..despite what anyone else says. I knew he would be the one all along..
He's been around since the Golden Age ..all these other characters don't even come close to him in terms of ability and/or merit.
Jason Todd is tough, but he's hardly deserving of the role.He's basically a villain now anyways.

Odacon
21st May 09, 04:01 PM
Guys if Dick and Damien kick ass and sell books (which looking at the previews of Morrison's new book is very likely) then I think he's here to stay, Buck Barnes style.

OZZ
21st May 09, 07:53 PM
Damien's a brat..but he's tough as nails and if the writers handle him properly, he could turn out to be a very interesting character. I look forward to watching him develop,his background will provide plenty to work with as far as storylines go..