PDA

View Full Version : Okay sheep listen up:

Omega
27th July 08, 04:16 AM
Alright there was a brand new commercial on the other day that just pissed me the fuck off and I know some of you sheep listened to it and fucking believed it. I looked on youtube for the video but couldn't find it.

Essentially Ford threw several facts out there in which all but one is essentially bullshit:

First the gas mileage. I've always loved this one. They claimed that it gets 35 mpg highway compared to the average 45 mpg of the prius. Prius is better in gas mileage but with the a $10,000 price difference it would take you 12 years to compensate that in gas.........

Okay sheep listen up:

First of all the it's bullshit.

Ford is comparing a 35 hwy mpg which is their estimated sticker under near optimum conditions compared to the actual average the Prius gets between hwy and city around the country. The hwy sticker for a Prius is 50 and the City is 60 for the 2005 model. Now let's take that and do the pricing: The median gas mileage for a focus would be approximately 29mpg which is a difference of 16 mpg between the two cars. The Prius could go an average of a 160 miles further on 10 gallons of gas. If the average mileage was 15000 miles per year then the ford focus owner would spend about $2328 in gas if gas prices averaged $4.50 per gallon compared to Prius owners paying $1500 a year. A difference of only $800.

So you are saying "see they were right it would take more than 12 years to compensate".....bzzzzzzz wrong!!!!!!!!

The ford Prius only has to change it's oil every six months or every 5000 miles. Using the above scenario you would have to spend $175 per year for a focus vs $105 per year for a Prius. At 12 years it comes out about $10,000.

So Ford was telling the truth!!!!

No.

See Even after we do all those calculations we forget one thing. The resale value on a 2005 Ford Focus is $7,050 - $9,539 compared to $20,286 for the Prius. Wait a minute!!!! How much does a Focus normally cost? $14,995 - $17,970 a new Prius? $22,523 - $24,772.

So on the average the Prius only loses ~$4000 in value compared to the Focus's ~$7500 in value.

That means the real difference between the two is about $3500 or a little over 4 years of gas if the gas prices stayed at $4.50 on average. This is also assuming that we give the gas mileage benefit of the doubt to the Ford Focus.

Why the rant?

No reason except I think that most of you are sheep.

Neildo
27th July 08, 04:22 AM
to really spot the sheep, look for iPods.

Steve
27th July 08, 04:25 AM
GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY BOARD OMEGA.

Make one more post and you're banned.

elipson
27th July 08, 05:20 AM
Sweet.
A mod Gong Sau!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th July 08, 06:05 AM
Hi, my name is NunOnBreak and I don't understand how cars work.

Steve
27th July 08, 12:10 PM
Now this is a gong sau I can get behind.

I mean who's afraid of squirrels? *pfft*

WarPhalange
27th July 08, 12:18 PM
My Grandma got bit by a squirrel. She had to get rabies shots. That's why I never did take a liking to cars.

Steve
27th July 08, 12:20 PM
Don't fucking patronize me.

You'll regret it.

Steve
27th July 08, 12:27 PM
Apparently the eight squirrels create this force on the driveshaft called 'Bjork' which is measured in foot pounds. (stamps?) It is named after the singer, who creates the same force on your eardrums when you listen to her music.

My car has 390 foot pounds of Bjork, which is like listening to her worst song really loud while drunk with a cactus up your ass.

This is the greatest post ever.

Take note, n00bs.

mike321
27th July 08, 02:32 PM
Okay sheep listen up:

No reason except I think that most of you are sheep.

The old "people are sheep" arguement and outlook on the world. People of all political persuasion, people who are concerned about a particular cause, and people who just think they are superior pull this same tired comment out.

Hey, some people don't care, some are totally aware and awake and still don't care, some agree and don't care to discuss it, some disagree and will discuss it, whatever the reason out comes the sheep analogy.

krazy kaju
27th July 08, 07:28 PM
^ STFU

Gezere
27th July 08, 07:37 PM
Only PUSSIES drive PRIUS!!!!

FUCK GAS MILEAGE GIVE ME A HEMI!!!!

Oh and you a damn fool if you pay for premium!!!!

Omega
27th July 08, 10:17 PM
GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY BOARD OMEGA.

Make one more post and you're banned.

Baaaaaaaaaaah.:cool:

Omega
27th July 08, 10:18 PM
MYaGKzd6-aQ

nihilist
28th July 08, 12:01 AM
I am currently working on an alternative energy transportation unit.

I can't get into specifics but it involves reanimating mummified animals and equipping them with saddles and rear-view mirrors. Most of the Priustoric models will run on organic plant life but the TREX will get about 48 MPH. (miles Per Hippie)

Toby Christensen
28th July 08, 03:40 AM
Do squirrels taste nice? I mean when I get my bolt-action I'm sure I could pot a few if I got clearance to take it in baggage. Do they live near Los Angeles by any chance?

Gezere
28th July 08, 05:15 AM
Yes, many manufacturers recommend certain octane levels or say 'premium fuel only' as part of the global oil conspiracy, not because they notice any performance difference. And race cars use high octane fuel just for fun.
Wasn't talking about race cars now are we?

If you bought a care in the last 20 yrs you don't need to buy premium unless its an very high end car, which I doubt any of you drive.

Scrapper
28th July 08, 11:36 AM
I want to see a prius get 60 MPG under anything othert than lab conditions. I know 3 prius owner sin kansas city (no fucking hills even!) and they have never gotten an average MPG over 40.

To get the high MPG from a prius you have to avoid the accellerator at all costs. the electric motor can maintain speed, but not increase it. That Prius gets 60MPG with a tailwind on a flat highway at 60MPH. It's 40 or less at any other time.

My 06 Chevy Cobalt averages 36 right now, and it's almost never on the highway. When I drove it back form KC to CT, I averaged 38 MPG. The Cobalt sells for 14K.

Omega is right, ask questions, sheep!

Omega
28th July 08, 07:20 PM
I can get my prius averaging 50.

jvjim
28th July 08, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but what's your smug emmision like?

Halfrican
29th July 08, 12:38 AM
I had a 2003 Ford Focus SVT. The manual says 93 Octane fuel must be used. So this one time I was like nah, i'll put 87octane in, and it shook and would not accelerate hardly at all, and the check engine light came on, when I took it into the shop they said it's amazing all that detonation didn't cause problems with my engine. Clearly you fail.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th July 08, 03:00 AM
TDIs are diesel, dipshit.

Sirc
29th July 08, 03:02 AM
I get 30+mpg in my Impreza.

I'm getting awesome gas mileage and it's a fun fast car to drive.

Toby Christensen
29th July 08, 03:38 AM
From what I've read a bullet moves at 2200 mps. I hope some people can appreciate that when I learn to shoot out their tyres for being rep bitches and just to be malicious.

Scrapper
29th July 08, 11:48 AM
I can get my prius averaging 50.
But you drive like an old man.

Gezere
29th July 08, 02:41 PM
My 2004 BMW 525i recommended premium I put in regular, NO PROBLEMS.

So we have learned that you shouldn't drive 23yr old Merc and you shouldn't drive a Ford period.

Gezere
29th July 08, 02:42 PM
But you drive like an old man.
You actually have to point out which is the accelerator pedal to him.

Sirc
29th July 08, 05:37 PM
From what I've read a bullet moves at 2200 mps. I hope some people can appreciate that when I learn to shoot out their tyres for being rep bitches and just to be malicious.

All caliber of bullets travel at different speeds. Nice try though.

My 2004 BMW 525i recommended premium I put in regular, NO PROBLEMS.

So we have learned that you shouldn't drive 23yr old Merc and you shouldn't drive a Ford period.

Lower octane in an engine that requires higher octane is really bad. You don't see anything, but you are probably predetonating and pinging a whole bunch. This is really bad for your motor, especially if you have a high-rev motor.

Omega
29th July 08, 08:40 PM
I can get 50 mpg then you compare it to your 30 mpg. Think out side the box kiddies that's like saying your car gets 10 mpg and mine gets 30 mpg. Sheesh. You're all jealous.

nihilist
29th July 08, 08:43 PM
Driving a priss doesn't necessarily make you any less of a man if that's what's bothering you.

Sirc
29th July 08, 11:11 PM
I can get 50 mpg then you compare it to your 30 mpg. Think out side the box kiddies that's like saying your car gets 10 mpg and mine gets 30 mpg. Sheesh. You're all jealous.

You would get 10mpg trying to keep up with me on a road.

Eric
29th July 08, 11:50 PM
I'm think you're joking here, but I'm gonna nerd it up just in case it isn't clear to anyone.

If you drive 500 miles: at 10 mpg it's 50 gallons, at 30 mpg it's ~17 gallons and at 50 mpg it's 10 gallons. So it's a difference of 33 gallons saved vs. 7 gallons saved.

nihilist
30th July 08, 01:21 AM
My car does get get 10MPG.

Scrapper
30th July 08, 07:31 AM
When I take out the 69 Cutlass, i get about 12mpg city and 16 highway. It's twenty bucks in gas just to drive it to the beach and back.

It comes out once a week, tops.

nihilist
30th July 08, 08:08 AM
On the freeway in rush hour I get about 1mpg.

Sirc
30th July 08, 01:11 PM
On the freeway in rush hour I get about 1mpg.

That's why in my impreza, I just go off the shoulder and then into the dirt roads to get home. It's a much more exciting and faster drive.