PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book/Graphic Novel Film Tier List

RaiNnyX4
28th June 08, 08:57 PM
There have been a plethora of comic book/graphic novel films released in the last few years. This year especially has been quite epic. Being the huge nerd that I am, I began mentally tiering the films that I've seen while walking my dog today. Let's see yours.

S: Batman Begins, Ironman

A: X-Men, X2, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Sin City, Incredible Hulk, V for Vendetta, Batman, The Crow

B: TMNT, Conan the Barbarian, Transformers

C: X3, Spider-Man 3, Hulk, TMNT2, Conan the Destroyer, Batman Returns, 30 Days of Night, Dick Tracy, 300, From Hell

D: Batman Forever, Daredevil, Punisher ('89), Spawn

F: Batman and Robin, Crow 2, Judge Dredd, Captain America ('90), Punisher ('04), Elektra, Fantastic Four ('94), TMNT3

EDIT: Added 300, Spawn, From Hell, Elektra, Fantastic Four ('94), TMNT3

Equipoise
28th June 08, 10:46 PM
Spiderman 2 sucked shit. Sin City was okay but too long. V...you're kidding right?

Conan and Transformers both belong in the top tier.

The fact that you put X-men three anywhere but under complete and utter failure proves you have no taste. The same can be stated about Batman forever and Daredevil.

Eric
28th June 08, 10:58 PM
I don't have an elaborate ranking system but, in addition to the ones you mentioned, From Hell and 300 were also good, IMO.

Arhetton
29th June 08, 12:13 AM
what the hell does s stand for?

WarPhalange
29th June 08, 12:22 AM
Suck it.

It means they suck.

Slindsay
29th June 08, 09:32 AM
I've said it before but I think the two hulk movies where both pretty good. Also, apparently the directos cut of Daredevil easily raises it a couple of tiers, anyone seen it?

Also, you missed out (Or maybe conditioned yourself not to remember) Elektra.

Shawarma
29th June 08, 12:31 PM
I liked: Sin City, Spawn, Spiderman 1, The Crow.
I did not like: Spiderman 2, any of the Xmen films, Hulk, any of the Batman movies.

Looking forward to see how Frank Miller will assrape Will Eisner's masterpiece in the coming times.

RaiNnyX4
29th June 08, 12:53 PM
Spiderman 2 sucked shit. Sin City was okay but too long. V...you're kidding right?

Conan and Transformers both belong in the top tier.

The fact that you put X-men three anywhere but under complete and utter failure proves you have no taste. The same can be stated about Batman forever and Daredevil.

F tier is reserved for movies I believe to be failures on a grand scale. Batman Forever and Daredevil both sucked pretty hard but aren't quite as bad as those other movies I've listed under F tier. Basically, if I can sit through it it's not going to be F tier. Those F movies were so bad I had to turn them off.

Conan and Transformers are both fun movies. But S tier? No way.

I really liked SM2, SC, and V. They're definitely not on the same caliber of BB or IM though. Rottentomatoes.com will show that those first three movies, for the most part, got really good reviews so I can't be completely off.

I've forgotten a few movies so I will update my list.

mrblackmagic
29th June 08, 01:33 PM
Spiderman 3 was total shit.

The director's cut of Daredevil is the best Batman movie so far.

WarPhalange
29th June 08, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Spiderman 3 was pretty bad. The whole emo thing. The jazz piano scene. What were they thinking?

Toby Christensen
30th June 08, 01:55 AM
I liked the first Batman. Always will.
The Hulk lacks SOMETHING.
The sooner I make a movie out of my own superhero the better.

Toby Christensen
30th June 08, 02:16 AM
Cool retake on the costume. I don't have a problem with him being black either, obviously.
Thanks.

He LIVES to incapacitate his able bodied opponents, often by giving them head trauma then breaking their leg, thus converting them to The Cause.

RaiNnyX4
30th June 08, 08:23 PM
In related news, the first reviews of Dark Knight are coming out with stellar results.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

I have a feeling this could be the best movie of all time.

I'm going to try my best to see the first IMAX showing there is in my area.

Zendetta
1st July 08, 05:36 PM
B: TMNT, Conan the Barbarian, Transformers

What the Fuck is the matter with you?

Conan belongs on the same tier as "Citizen Kane".

Toby Christensen
1st July 08, 06:46 PM
Citizen Kane belongs in "videos that made you cry" for me.
The man built a literal palace yet had no joy at all to the extent he physically and verbally assaulted his own very vulnerable wife when it could have been a city state, museum and the true place for "the masses yearning to be free" all at once.

Don't pull that Citizen Kane shit on me, I'll cry again.