PDA

View Full Version : Euro Cup

OZZ
19th June 08, 10:50 AM
Anyone watching the European Cup ?
I cheer for Greece, because of my in- laws. They won it last time around but were handily eliminated this time, barely able to score a goal in the entire tournament - ouch!
Soccer, or 'Football" as the Europeans call it is far from my favorite game, but I do get into the big tournaments and occassionally enter pools during the World Cup.
I think the Netherlands has a good chance of taking it all in this tournament. They just seem to romp over everyone..but Portugal looks good too, as does Spain.
Today at 2:30pm. (my time) Germany plays Portugal in Quarter-final action.

WarPhalange
19th June 08, 11:01 AM
i think Soccer is a pretty cool guy. eh kicks a ball and doesn't afraid of anything.

Shawarma
19th June 08, 12:01 PM
I'm for the Turks and against the Italians. Other than that, who gives a toss.

Abusivemelon
19th June 08, 04:31 PM
Who gives a fuck I mean really? Football is lame even when England are playing, screw supporting Johnny Foreigner.

OZZ
19th June 08, 09:19 PM
I thought all Europeans loved soccer..
Portugal lost today..I am a little surprised at that,
Shawarma - did you know the Turks have set a record for most fouls in the tournament? Both individual and team fouls...they are nasty tempered. And they are major underdogs; I am cheering for them too.
They play tommorrow afternoon against Croatia.

PizDoff
25th June 08, 02:59 PM
I'm just happy that Italy is out.

elipson
26th June 08, 11:26 PM
Spain is kickin ass baby.

OZZ
29th June 08, 07:46 AM
Spain is a slight favorite to win the final today..
I wouldn't write Germany off though, as they have a knack for coming up big when they need to.
Should be a decent game.

Cullion
29th June 08, 07:56 AM
Soccer, or 'Football" as the Europeans call it ...

Actually, yanks and Canadians are basically the only people in the world who call American Football 'football'. Everybody else is talking about Soccer when they say 'football'.

Yiktin Voxbane
30th June 08, 06:05 AM
Germany was made to look Ordinary .

Grats Spain, home of the Spanish Spaniards .

bob
30th June 08, 07:20 AM
Actually, yanks and Canadians are basically the only people in the world who call American Football 'football'. Everybody else is talking about Soccer when they say 'football'.

Not quite.

Cullion
30th June 08, 06:21 PM
Australian football isn't a sport, it's a tribal ritual.

OZZ
1st July 08, 12:14 AM
Germany looked very ordinary..they hardly ever had possession of the ball.
I was expecting a better game than that, Spain missed out on a lot of good chances too..if Germany could have just put one in and forced extra time..?
But Spain ends a looong drought with this victory, so good for them.
I just wish I had seen a better soccer game.

Oh, and from what I have seen of Austrailian football it looks like a very chaotic sort of rugby. It would be fun to play for sure..

bob
1st July 08, 02:36 AM
Oh, and from what I have seen of Austrailian football it looks like a very chaotic sort of rugby. It would be fun to play for sure..

Australian Rules is a cross between Gaelic football and rugby.