PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Hulk

OZZ
14th June 08, 08:10 PM
Well, the Incredible Hulk was, quite frankly..INCREDIBLE!!
Ten times better than the misguided, but valiant effort put forth by Ang Lee a few years back. Gone is the Freudian/Jungian psychobabble and the too-complex- for- film version of ol' greenskin.
To steal a phrase from another inhabitant of the Marvel Universe - It's clobberin' time!!
Magnificent CGI effects help to provide absolutely fabulous fight scenes between the Hulk and the Abomination. I mean, when the Hulk rips a police cruiser in half to craft himself his own version of a set of brass knuckles and then uses them to pound his opponent it is pure comic-book-geek heaven. The battles in this movie between these two bruisers will set the standard for any other 'big-guy' brawls that will surely follow in this genre of films (I am waiting to see the Rhino on screen, personally).
Norton's performance was great, as expected. He is, after all, one of the best actors of his generation.
Tim Roth seems a bit off at some points..not because he isn't good in the role, but just because he is so much more well-suited to the sorts of theatre-style performances he has built his career upon. He seems out of place as a gun-toting, adrenaline-charged violence junkie. But it is of no detriment to the film..he does fine, Apparently, Roth indicated in an interview with FAMOUS magazine that the only reason he took the role was because he wanted to 'look cool for his kids'. Well, he certainly did that.
I have to say that Liv Tyler makes a a far better Betty Ross than Jennifer Connoly did. Even though Jennifer Connoly is much more convincing as a scientist ..but in this movie we see more of Betty Ross the woman than Betty Ross the scientist.Which is for the better.
Overall, great action..good story and well worth the price of admission. William Hurt's version of Thunderbolt Ross is decidedly different from Sam Elliot's. I found Hurt's version much more despicable than Eliot's.
As everyone already knows, there is a cameo by R. Downey Jr. as Tony Stark at the film's conclusion. Indications are that the braintrust at Marvel are almost certainly building towards an Avengers movie or some other sort of group-hero film. Shield is mentioned again in this one and the little bit with Lou Ferrigno is fun as well.
Go see it. You won't regret it.

Steve
14th June 08, 09:05 PM
Cool, I figured as much.

Will try and see it soon.

Stick
14th June 08, 11:21 PM
copy-pasta from a blog I commented in with a little revision for sense.

I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect and it's not going to be dethroning my current comic book adaptation fav (Iron Man), but it was definitly better than Ang Lee's The Incredible(ee Pretentious) Hulk.

One thing I really would've changed though- SPOILER, BITCH! Hulk should've killed Abomination.

It ain’t necessarily kosher, but I absolutly LOVE the Ultimate universe version of the Hulk. The Hulk that, when unleashed in New York, racks up a civilian death toll higher than that of the 9/11 attack, that is not in the least bit sweet when he’s chasing Betty Ross down, and has a little more to say than “HULK SMASH”- seriously, “HOW MANY LEGS HAS SPIDERS GOT? CAN YOU TELL HULK FORMULA FOR COCA-COLA?” cracks me up every time.

I’m not saying I necessarily want all of the Ultimate Hulk; the stuff with Betty was sweet even if she was woefully under developed- “Bruce is back, guess I better just not have any sort of discussion with my current man and run off with him, LoL”.

Silly side note, me and one other person in the theater had to supress cheers when we saw Bruce Banner’s martial arts training was under Rickson Gracie. It doesn’t mean a thing to 99% of you out there on the tubes, but that man is an absolute legend, an incredible fighter, and a real pioneer in mixed martial arts. (Yeah, I know you guys all know, but this was for a more main stream kind of blog, thought I'd leave it in there anyways)

Blonsky amused me, he was at least better than Venom is Spider-man 3, and it was kind of nice to get a glimpse of what Captain America will be capable of in his movie.

Nit-pick: When Ross had the gunner on the chopper open up on Abomination and the guy was missing with probably 80% of his rounds I couldn’t help but shudder at the fact that hundreds of rounds of ammunition were passing through those walls and rooves and likely making mince meat of people in their apartments.

I really enjoyed it. It was no Iron-Man or Batman Begins, but I had a good time at the movies.

KhorneliusPraxx
17th June 08, 03:40 PM
The Incredible Hulk (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319552&postcount=303)

Yeah Rickson!!!

elipson
17th June 08, 06:51 PM
I concur. Great movie worth seeing in the theatres. Crazy cool end scene as well.

AAAhmed46
13th July 08, 04:11 PM
copy-pasta from a blog I commented in with a little revision for sense.

I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect and it's not going to be dethroning my current comic book adaptation fav (Iron Man), but it was definitly better than Ang Lee's The Incredible(ee Pretentious) Hulk.

One thing I really would've changed though- SPOILER, BITCH! Hulk should've killed Abomination.

It ain’t necessarily kosher, but I absolutly LOVE the Ultimate universe version of the Hulk. The Hulk that, when unleashed in New York, racks up a civilian death toll higher than that of the 9/11 attack, that is not in the least bit sweet when he’s chasing Betty Ross down, and has a little more to say than “HULK SMASH”- seriously, “HOW MANY LEGS HAS SPIDERS GOT? CAN YOU TELL HULK FORMULA FOR COCA-COLA?” cracks me up every time.

I’m not saying I necessarily want all of the Ultimate Hulk; the stuff with Betty was sweet even if she was woefully under developed- “Bruce is back, guess I better just not have any sort of discussion with my current man and run off with him, LoL”.

Silly side note, me and one other person in the theater had to supress cheers when we saw Bruce Banner’s martial arts training was under Rickson Gracie. It doesn’t mean a thing to 99% of you out there on the tubes, but that man is an absolute legend, an incredible fighter, and a real pioneer in mixed martial arts. (Yeah, I know you guys all know, but this was for a more main stream kind of blog, thought I'd leave it in there anyways)

Blonsky amused me, he was at least better than Venom is Spider-man 3, and it was kind of nice to get a glimpse of what Captain America will be capable of in his movie.

Nit-pick: When Ross had the gunner on the chopper open up on Abomination and the guy was missing with probably 80% of his rounds I couldn’t help but shudder at the fact that hundreds of rounds of ammunition were passing through those walls and rooves and likely making mince meat of people in their apartments.

I really enjoyed it. It was no Iron-Man or Batman Begins, but I had a good time at the movies.

Banner not man enough for you? GIVE HULK A TRY!!!

HULK WANT FREDDIE PRINCE JUNIOR!!!!!!!!!!

I love that hulk(Yes i know im misquoting.)

mrblackmagic
15th July 08, 09:41 AM
It still flopped.

KhorneliusPraxx
15th July 08, 11:55 AM
I am confused by the last two post.

Feryk
15th July 08, 01:30 PM
I liked it. It wasn't Iron Man. But it was definitely worth seeing.

EuropIan
15th July 08, 01:42 PM
Decent movie, kinda lacking in some parts. It also annoyed me that hulk had a bishi-vibe to him.

I actually elbowed my friends and told my friends in an excited hushed tone who he was. All I got was blank stares.. Damn you Bullshido, for making me excited about some Brazillian romo.

Feryk
15th July 08, 01:52 PM
It still flopped.

$250 Million box office is a flop?

It cost $135M to make. Probably another 20M to promote. Seems like good money to me.

OZZ
15th July 08, 01:59 PM
It didn't flop.