PDA

View Full Version : Trailer & hyp: "Punisher: Warzone"

Stick
12th June 08, 06:30 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Jane wasn't bad, but Ray Stevenson is a huge fucking upgrade in casting for The Punisher.

The first teaser trailer

NX36t8QvbVU

http://i25.tinypic.com/vwr98h.jpg

Mas
12th June 08, 06:53 PM
We shall see...

OZZ
12th June 08, 09:50 PM
AHHMM...gonna stay very skeptical about this one until I see it.
Thomas Jane was a pretty good Punisher, this teaser is the sort that makes me wary.
Its the sort that has lots of explosions, shows no decent actors (except the star) and gives no indication that the movies is anything more than a capitalization upon the Punisher name.
Is Jigsaw supposed to be in this?

Equipoise
12th June 08, 10:14 PM
This is going to be a Marvel themed Hitman. It looks like utter crap.

Stick
12th June 08, 10:14 PM
Yes, Jigsaw is in it.

Ray Stevenson > Thomas Jayne: Seriously, watch Rome.

Julie Benz is in it, and frankly I'd rather see her than Rebecca Romijin.

And there shouldn't be any fucking silly machiavellian plot to have The bad guy suspect his lt. and wife of betraying him and doing the dirty work for Frank. Seriously, that wasn't The Punisher.

WarPhalange
13th June 08, 01:15 AM
The best Punisher movie has also been the best Batman movie so far: Darkman.

Everything else is shit.

Mas
13th June 08, 01:42 AM
Ray Stevenson > Thomas Jayne: Seriously, watch Rome.

Thomas Jayne was in Rome and did a pretty damn good Marcus Antonius.

Everytime I think of Marc Antony I picture Jayne.

Pullo was the shit though, in an affable good buddy kind of way.

Neildo
13th June 08, 02:44 AM
i'll watch it. i'll probably be disappointed but i'll still watch it.

Mas
13th June 08, 03:05 AM
So it turns out I'm an idiot:

This guy,
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/10/62/0000021062_20060921155638.jpg

is not this guy

http://www.usmagazine.com/files/th-blog.jpg

So disregard whatever the fuck I was talking about, I am an idiot.

You have to admit they're pretty damn similar looking.

Steve
13th June 08, 03:11 AM
You have to admit they're pretty damn similar looking.

Um, no. They don't look alike at all: Different jaw line, different nose, different hair color, different skin tone, etc.

socratic
13th June 08, 05:32 AM
That trailer didn't look all that exciting.

:(

Stick
13th June 08, 06:55 AM
All white people look alike to Mas.

Odacon
13th June 08, 07:44 AM
Is this a sequel or reboot?

Stick
13th June 08, 10:10 AM
Reboot I think.

OZZ
13th June 08, 11:06 AM
The best Punisher movie has also been the best Batman movie so far: Darkman.

Everything else is shit.

If you are referring to the Liam Neeson film - it was one of the biggest letdowns of movie history.
Could have been legendary.Now it is just cult fare , barely worth re watching. Too many cheeesy scenes, poor dialogue and an underdeveloped script.

Shawarma
13th June 08, 11:23 AM
They're remaking Hulk even though it's been like 5 years since they made the last Hulk movie and now they're remaking a remake that's also about five years old?

Hollywood's really keen on this superhero shit, aren't they?

MaverickZ
13th June 08, 01:19 PM
Give me Punisher MAX.

RaiNnyX4
13th June 08, 01:24 PM
They're remaking Hulk even though it's been like 5 years since they made the last Hulk movie and now they're remaking a remake that's also about five years old?

Hollywood's really keen on this superhero shit, aren't they?

More like Marvel knows that these have the potential to make money and was not happy with the lackluster originals.

WarPhalange
13th June 08, 01:28 PM
If you are referring to the Liam Neeson film - it was one of the biggest letdowns of movie history.
Could have been legendary.Now it is just cult fare , barely worth re watching. Too many cheeesy scenes, poor dialogue and an underdeveloped script.

And yet it has the atmosphere and feeling to it that Spawn, Batman, and The Punisher all lacked.

The_Tao
13th June 08, 10:26 PM
Not bat man, Batman Begins was epic

OZZ
14th June 08, 10:55 AM
Give me Punisher MAX.

Ditto. Ennis Rocks!!

mrblackmagic
14th June 08, 01:15 PM
It looks too much like the latter Batman films. Why is it so hard to make a good Punisher movie?

Mas
14th June 08, 02:19 PM
All white people look alike to Mas.

Seriously true.

Stick
14th June 08, 08:18 PM
It looks too much like the latter Batman films. Why is it so hard to make a good Punisher movie?

Wait, how the fuck does it look liek Batman Forever or Batman and Robin?

As for Punisher MAX...

IGN: You're about to embark on what I'm sure many people hope will be the first of several great Punisher films. What was it like tackling the character?

RAY STEVENSON: It was fantastic. It was beyond any of my expectations. I didn't watch the Thomas Jane film beforehand. We were taking a completely new slant. We weren't doing numbers. It's not Punisher 3; it's Punisher: War Zone. We're going exclusively for the MAX series with Garth Ennis writing and Tim Bradstreet doing the cover illustrations. That was the look the New York, night-time predator, with all the incredible, dark psyche that goes along with him. Certainly not a superhero, but an anti-hero.

Neildo
15th June 08, 02:28 AM
if it's not rated R it will be garbage.

Stick
15th June 08, 04:04 AM
Well the last one was rated R, and there has been absolutly nothing to suggest that this one won't be.

MaverickZ
15th June 08, 12:49 PM
Wait, how the fuck does it look liek Batman Forever or Batman and Robin?

As for Punisher MAX...
I just came.

Ditto. Ennis Rocks!!
Yes, yes he does. I can't wait until November when the last TBD, number ten, comes out.

RaiNnyX4
15th June 08, 03:36 PM
Well the last one was rated R, and there has been absolutly nothing to suggest that this one won't be.

I really had no idea that the last one was rated R. From the crappy scenes that I would catch on movie channels, it looked like another Hollywood raping of the source material to make it PG-13.

Stick
15th June 08, 04:03 PM
Both previous incarnations of The Punisher were R rated and pretty damn violent.

RaiNnyX4
16th June 08, 11:28 AM
Both previous incarnations of The Punisher were R rated and pretty damn violent.

I tried watching the most recent Punisher last night. It was awful. I could only take about half of it before I turned it off and promptly deleted it from my computer. It's really pathetic that they can screw up Punisher. I mean, of all the superheroes he's got to be the easiest to put to film.

Tanhalen21
16th June 08, 03:11 PM
The first Punisher sucked cock so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the sequel will suck more cock

Neildo
17th June 08, 03:19 AM
it wasn't that bad. they may have fucked up his origin a bit but castle was always fighting the yakuza, and they got that angle down pretty good i thought.

socratic
17th June 08, 07:10 AM
In Punisher MAX, is the Punisher less 'kill frenzy' (as some other antiheroes are) and more 'cold, calculating psychotic killer'? Was Punisher Civil War a MAX imprint? There was a fair amount of dark humour to it that I imagined would largely be lacking in main Punisher continuity, especially in MAX, if it's as violent and awesome as I've been told.

I figure a movie that wanted to have the same kind of atmosphere as a Punisher comic would really need both a great deal of characterisation and violence, so that one isn't neglected for the other and the character lost.

I mean, yes, the Punisher kills a lot of bad guys... but he's totally crazy. The War and all that.

bad credit
18th June 08, 03:59 PM
Punisher War Journal covered the Frank's involvement in the Civil War.

MaverickZ
18th June 08, 04:01 PM
In Punisher MAX, is the Punisher less 'kill frenzy' (as some other antiheroes are) and more 'cold, calculating psychotic killer'?
"Cold, calculating, sociopathic embodiment of revenge" is probably how I would put it. Also, he gets laid. That was pretty funny.

Was Punisher Civil War a MAX imprint? There was a fair amount of dark humour to it that I imagined would largely be lacking in main Punisher continuity, especially in MAX, if it's as violent and awesome as I've been told.
Some of the dark humor was unintentionally, at least for me.
"You aren't really going to beg, are you?"

There wasn't a whole lot of intentionally "Har har" humor. They were going for a very dark and serious tone in MAX.

OZZ
14th July 08, 10:19 AM
Just picked up the last two MAX TBP's I needed. I now own every single Punisher story ever written by Garth Ennis!!
Anyone who hasn't read Punisher MAX must do so. Immediately.
GO NOW!!!
Seriously, he has been writing this comic for about a decade..its truly awesome, and the truth of the matter is that I was always a so so fan of the character until I read these books.
Ennis saved the Punisher , Remember when he was on Death's Row for killing Nick Fury? Whoever wrote that storyline is hopefully out of a job or writing Mickey Mouse comics now..

MaverickZ
14th July 08, 08:46 PM
Is 10 out already? I thought it was coming out in November.

OZZ
15th July 08, 02:00 PM
Is 10 out already? I thought it was coming out in November.

No..I just meant I had everything up to 9. 10 is not out yet..

MaverickZ
15th July 08, 03:03 PM
Ah yeah. I've got hardback collections 1-4, I just need TBP 10 to come out and I can get my hardback #5 and be done!

MEGALEF
16th July 08, 03:18 AM
What is a TBP?

OZZ
16th July 08, 10:01 AM
What is a TBP?

It should be TPB ..it stands for Trade Paperback

MaverickZ
17th July 08, 09:06 AM
I can't type with my fat fingers.

MEGALEF
18th July 08, 03:16 AM
Well even if you had typed it right I still wouldn't have known what it meant. =)

MaverickZ
18th July 08, 11:12 AM
I have this thing about comic books. I refuse to buy individual issues. The only way I'm willing to read them is in trade paper back (or hard back if I have some cash burning in my pocket). I think it's because I'm kind of OCD and NEED to have all of it right there and then.

RaiNnyX4
18th July 08, 11:32 AM
I have this thing about comic books. I refuse to buy individual issues. The only way I'm willing to read them is in trade paper back (or hard back if I have some cash burning in my pocket). I think it's because I'm kind of OCD and NEED to have all of it right there and then.

There's a difference between collecting and just wanting to read the story. One is a hobby and one is a way to pass the time. I do both. For instance, I have a goal of collecting series' of issues for certain comics. But sometimes it's not important to me to collect and I just want to read the story. In that case, I just buy the TPB.

MaverickZ
18th July 08, 12:39 PM
There's a difference between collecting and just wanting to read the story. One is a hobby and one is a way to pass the time. I do both. For instance, I have a goal of collecting series' of issues for certain comics. But sometimes it's not important to me to collect and I just want to read the story. In that case, I just buy the TPB.
That makes sense. I'm just in it for the story and pretty pictures.

Pikey
18th July 08, 02:15 PM
Your definitely not the only one on that Maverick. I also like collecting TPB and having everything at once. For instance, Batman and the Wargame series. On personal preference though I like having TPB's just because of wanting to be a minimalist and not have to many things.

Also, not sure if anyone has noticed or pointed out, that fellow Maginty from the MAX punisher story Irish Kitchen is in the movie as well in according to IMDB. Anyone notice with the lighting color scheme reflects off the comic as well? Personally I think it is cool Lexi Alexander is taking it right off the books but I'm not sure if it would be a appropriate transition in terms of cinematography wise.

Pikey
24th July 08, 10:56 PM
Sorry for the double post but here is a new trailer released today from today's comic con on the movie with more action.

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/382367/punisher-war-zone/videos/punisher_warzone_072308.html

I'll edit my post once it becomes available for embedding.

Also here is one of the many official posters for the Punisher, but this time done with Ray Stevenson transformed in Max art format.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/9718/hrpunisherwarzoneposterdu1.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9682/hrpunisherwarzonepostercj5.jpg

Enjoy

Edit*update*

My mistake everyone, apparently this is the released Punisher Trailer at Comic con with Dialogue. As the one above is the music video they showed afterwords at comic con.

http://www.spike.com/presents/punisher

EuropIan
25th July 08, 05:18 AM
^
FUCK YEAH! HYPER VIOLENCE!!

Dennis Nist
5th August 08, 06:37 PM
C3ETiFSHHNE

:-(

EuropIan
5th August 08, 06:57 PM
^According to that, Gale Anne Hurd is the devil.

I also found out that Lexi Alexander is kinda hawt

OZZ
5th August 08, 07:04 PM
That last post by Dennis Nist was a neat find, the youtube clip was pretty informative.
I have to admit, I initially liked the 2004 version of The Punisher. Even though it was a far cry from true to the comic book. I was just happy that the film wasn't a complete disaster and Thomas Jane did a decent job as Frank Castle.
THEN, I read all the MAX comics with Garth Ennis' scripts.
My perspective has changed.
THe protrayal of the Punisher is so out of touch with the character he is in these MAX storylines that it makes the 2004 movie almost shameful.
I mean, the Punisher setting up Travolta's character to make him murder his best friend and his wife? Not the Punisher's style at all..messing with the origin to the extent they did?
I could go on, but what's the point.
I hereby officially retract my support for the last Punisher movie.
The trailers for this newest one look pretty cool, but according to this Youtube 'report' - the final cut may not end up being very good. And that's a shame.

partyboy
5th August 08, 07:44 PM
bootleg director's cut

GAH is a cunt

that is all

MaverickZ
5th August 08, 08:32 PM
That video plays pretty fast and loose with opinions and assumptions.

Stick
5th August 08, 08:43 PM
We shall see.

Neildo
5th August 08, 09:58 PM
convenient link

http://www.globalpunisherarmy.com/pwztruth/index.html

Neildo
5th August 08, 09:59 PM
somebody wanna type up a form letter? i'm going out for fried chicken otherwise i'd do it....

mrblackmagic
6th August 08, 10:32 AM
Done. 82 minutes? I remember Power Ranger movie was longer than that.

MaverickZ
9th August 08, 08:33 AM
This is like the argument about game length that occupies certain parts of the gaming world.

Look, if it's a shitty 20 minutes, why would you want to keep it in? Now, those 20 minutes may have been cut by Gale Anne Hurd, who appears to be the devil in woman form, but to just say "Oh, she cut minutes from the movie, burn her!" without actually seeing what was cut is not a good argument for said burning.

EuropIan
9th August 08, 08:45 AM
How about the inclusion of a 'numetal' soundtrack?

mrblackmagic
9th August 08, 05:25 PM
Subplots, violence, and bones for the fans. The usual.

Hitman
9th August 08, 07:37 PM
Considering her connection with the previous film and the retarded new soundtrack, it's probably not too far off that GAH cut stuff that actually enhances the movie rather than detracts from it.

Edit: As a long suffering Punisher fan, I have to say I'm not surprised and I figured a faithful movie was too good to be true.

MaverickZ
9th August 08, 09:27 PM
As far as the "numetal soundtrack", what you're seeing is a TRAILER. For example, the Hellboy 2 trailer had Mein Hertz Brent by Rammstein playing, strangely enough when I went to see it there was no Rammstein in the movie.

If I had to bet, both the scratched film and the numetal soundtrack are just artistic takes on this music video trailer made specifically for an event, ComiCon, rather than permanent edits of the actual film. Now, I could be wrong, but I'm fairly confident.

Hitman
10th August 08, 10:04 AM
Well I'd rather aim low and be pleasantly surprised than aim high and be bitterly disappointed.

mrblackmagic
10th August 08, 10:33 AM
I guess you gotta wait an extra 3 months for a director's cut.

MaverickZ
10th August 08, 07:24 PM
One strike against me.
http://music.ign.com/articles/894/894806p1.html

Hitman
10th August 08, 07:47 PM
One strike against me.
http://music.ign.com/articles/894/894806p1.html

Hollywood - 3 , Fanboys - 0

mrblackmagic
11th August 08, 12:44 PM
This movie was going to flop regardless of the edit. They should just cut it enough to get the MPAA's approval. They could pull in a few more dollars with the mayhem movie crowd and the fans.

Neildo
18th November 08, 03:19 AM
Just saw a new trailer. Jigsaw looks fucking awesome, but neither Punisher or Jigsaw are big enough. in the comics, they're big tough guys. Ray Stevenson doesn't look very big, just in good shape. And Jigsaw looks skinny. Should be pretty badass though.

Stick
18th November 08, 03:25 AM
Stevenson's 6'4" 250+

LrSGmyPJ7Jw

Also, is it just me or is Julie Benz fucking hot as a brunette?

Neildo
18th November 08, 03:30 AM
the hell? must be like costume or camera tricks in the trailer cuz he doesn't look that big. or maybe everybody else in the movie is also huge.

Stick
18th November 08, 03:34 AM
Have you seen Rome? Maybe any footage of him in interviews?

The guy's an intimidating presence.

I don't think the trailer really gave a sense of scale as everything was either a one-shot or group shot at a distance where he's in some sort of fighting stance anyways that's distorting perception of his size.

Steve
18th November 08, 05:25 AM
I saw Rita in there (from Dexter)!

MaverickZ
18th November 08, 10:15 AM
Uh, no. You saw Darla.

mrblackmagic
18th November 08, 01:19 PM
250!? He doesn't look that big. He was always a head taller than everybody else on Rome, but my god. I'd never have put him past 230.

Stick
3rd December 08, 12:19 AM
First reviews are in.

Chud.com (http://chud.com/articles/articles/17245/1/REVIEW-PUNISHER---WAR-ZONE/Page1.html)

Highlights.

It's not often that I get to trot out this little critical bon mot, but here goes: Punisher: War Zone kicks ass. A lean, mean mayhem machine, this movie gives you almost everything you could want in a movie that is essentially Death Wish on steroids. It took three tries, but they finally got The Punisher right.

Director Lexi Alexander leans heavily on Garth Ennis' Max run on The Punisher. She just about nails that tone perfectly - a black humor based on carnage that edges on cartoonish and simpering, idiotic mawkishness masquerading as character development. I could never tell if Ennis was serious about 'serious' bits in his Punisher run or if that was all part of his tongue in cheek contempt for pretty much everything, and I felt the same way here. Is The Punisher waving at a little girl supposed to be funny or touching? Hard to say. But I do know how I feel about The Punisher holding a little girl in his arms while he shoots a handcuffed guy in the face with a shotgun at close range. I feel good about that.

And for good measure the last line of the review.

I leave it to a more ambitious person to catalogue every bit of brutality visited upon the human form in this film, but if you're the person who laughs and applauds at the sight of an old lady's head being turned into a smoking, meaty crater, you're going to fucking love Punisher: War Zone.

Village Voice (http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-12-03/film/punisher-war-zone-is-a-slasher-movie-with-guns/)

The whole thing, cause it's short.

It really shouldn't have been so hard to make a decent Punisher movie; after all, the character is basically just Death Wish's Paul Kersey on steroids, in spandex. How come it took Hollywood so long to figure that out? Following a direct-to-video '80s version starring Dolph Lundgren, and an unfortunately campy 2004 reboot with Thomas Jane, Lionsgate has gotten back to basics with Punisher: War Zone. Rome's Ray Stevenson plays the skull-clad Frank Castle like a cross between Steven Seagal and Jason Voorhees. Early on, he fixes his own broken nose by jamming a pencil up his nostril; nobody else in the movie gets off quite so easily, as blood, brains, intestines, and chunks of flayed skin fly. (It's not technically a horror movie, but nobody told the effects guys that.) The plot, such as it is, involves Castle second-guessing his life as a vigilante after accidentally killing an undercover fed, while fighting off a mobster (Dominic West) who has fallen into a giant glass-crusher and been recycled as a lethal Leatherface lookalike called Jigsaw. But the script isn't what matters here: This is a slasher movie with guns, and, uh, huh-huh, that's pretty cool.

Sun Wukong
3rd December 08, 01:55 AM
Executive producers have been fucking up comic book movie translations for decades and most other fan driven films. They have literally no respect for their audiences and use a cookie cutter for nearly fucking everything.

THey cut the film because they believe comic book fans = low attention spans....

Right, people that have been reading the same comic book titles for decades on end have low attention spans, unlike hollywood producers who jump on every bandwagon that passes in front of them.

God i fucking hate hollywood.

mrblackmagic
3rd December 08, 06:29 AM
I think most people wouldn't mind sitting an extra fifteen minutes in a movie if the left feeling like they got their money's worth.

That's just me.

RaiNnyX4
3rd December 08, 05:31 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/punisher_war_zone/

29% right now. Not good.

I think this is going to turn out exactly like I thought it would: hyperviolence with little to nothing else of any worth.

This is so pathetic. Punisher is definitely in my top 5 superheroes and they've fucked up his movie three times now. I mean, he's probably one of the easiest characters to translate to film (no superpowers and a simple backstory) and yet they can't seem to do him justice. Hollywood really needs to get its head out its ass.

OZZ
4th December 08, 11:55 AM
I am going to ignore the reviews altogether and hope it is good. I will go to see it this weekend..
just from watching the trailers..it seems closeer to the spirit of the Punisher MAX storylines penned by Garth Ennis than any other incarnations on screen thus far. So I think that is a good sign, but I'll save judgment until I see it this weekend. I really hope it is good.

mrblackmagic
6th December 08, 04:21 PM
Dammit!

I'm torn on this one. They borrowed heavily from the Max series. Heavily, which I liked. Stevenson did a good job. He brought his emotional range to an otherwise wooden character. The black humor of the comic remained intact. The violence was just as bad as that guy from chud said it was.

But.

With the exception of Soap, the rest of the cast was horrible. The bad guys were stereotypes and really bad one's at that. All the cops and the feds were both pointless and useless. The villains were your typical screen chewing mustache twirlers you'd expect from Dick Tracey's rogue gallery.

And Maginty did parkour.

I was very entertained by what I saw, but the decision to cut it under two hours was actually a really good idea.

OZZ
6th December 08, 10:50 PM
Dammit!

I'm torn on this one. They borrowed heavily from the Max series. Heavily, which I liked. Stevenson did a good job. He brought his emotional range to an otherwise wooden character. The black humor of the comic remained intact. The violence was just as bad as that guy from chud said it was.

But.

With the exception of Soap, the rest of the cast was horrible. The bad guys were stereotypes and really bad one's at that. All the cops and the feds were both pointless and useless. The villains were your typical screen chewing mustache twirlers you'd expect from Dick Tracey's rogue gallery.

And Maginty did parkour.

I was very entertained by what I saw, but the decision to cut it under two hours was actually a really good idea.

So, you give it how many stars out of 5? 3.5?

mrblackmagic
7th December 08, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I would give it that. It was entertaining in a grand guignol kind of way. Go in hoping to be deeply traumatized and you'll love the movie.

OZZ
7th December 08, 09:58 PM
Well, I just got home from watching it...
I have to say, much better than I expected. Stevenson's stone-faced, grim protrayal of Castle is straight out of the MAX series. Even some of the incidental characters come right out of the storyline..like the Irish-African 'Mcginty'.
So a lot of the villains were cardboard cut outs..what the hell, they are ultimately just part of the body count anyways, so what the hell.
I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars, anyways.
The average movie goer may not like it too much, but the comic book geeks will love it.

Stick
8th December 08, 03:00 AM
My girlfriend didn't like it much, neither did my friend's wife, but me and the guys all agree, this movie kicks fucking ass.

It is the best of the three Punisher movies, period. It's still not a great movie, sadly, but it is well worth your time to see Frank Castle fucking slaughter mobsters.

When I say slaughter, I mean it: decapitations, impalements, exploding heads, head shots, guttings, burning alive, neck breaks, punches clean through the face (yeah, that was fucking awesome), rocket launcher to guyf lipping through the air, exploding knees, chair leg through the eye, just.... just, incredible.

I really wish the plot had been better, that said it's pretty classic Punisher; Frank fucking kills people.

I loved how all the villains were basically walking stereotypes from start to finish: Italians, Russians, Chinese, Irish, blacks, everyone. The villains weren't there to be complex, conflicted men trying to feed their families, they were there for Frank Castle to fucking kill them.

Also, is it just me or is that little girl like the most hard-core, jaded, unflappable 10 year old girl ever?

Seriously, the shit she sees and doesn't even bat an eye.... creepy.

The movie's still at 17% on the tomatoe meter, it probably bombed horribly, and sadly we probably won't get another one. This is a shame.

mrblackmagic
8th December 08, 06:48 AM
It only made 4 million its opening weekend.

OZZ
8th December 08, 11:46 AM
Yeah, well..like I said..its not going to please average fans..$4 million is a pretty low take. That sucks..but give credit to the directors and -even moreso - the screenwriters - who had the balls to stick to their guns and put out a movie that was pretty much 100% faithful to the MAX/Garth Ennis version of Frank. Which, I am sure many will agree is the BEST version of the Punisher there is. The last one with Jane and Travolta was campy and made for the wider audience..this one was made for US. Its not all that often that happens. So revel in it my brothers!
I'll buy the DVD..hell, I may even go see it again before it leaves the theatres seeing as how it will likely be quite a while before it comes out.
But it will likely be a matinee - gotta watch the pennies.lol

mrblackmagic
8th December 08, 05:57 PM
Actually, I'm curious to see how much of the "plot" was cut from the Director's version.

As much as I would like to think this movie was geared towards the fans, It seemed odd not explain a black Irish rasta who likes free running through New York on meth to the uninitiated. Yes, I know who McGinty is.

Sun Wukong
8th January 09, 04:46 AM
I just watched about half of this movie.

My verdict? Hated it.

Better violence. That is true.

Better leading man.

The plot was good.

I stopped watching when the FBI made that deal with Jigsaw and actually honored it.