PDA

View Full Version : A breakdown of costs to race on a weekend.

Sirc
12th June 08, 03:23 AM
Having a conversation with my BFF today, I had a catharsis about how much fucking god damn money is spent every time I go to race.

Since the price of the car you're racing varies, I'll go with the more constant prices of everything.

Average price of entry fee: $200-400
Average cost of fuel for truck to pull trailer: $300-400 about there.
Average cost of hotel: $200-$300
Average cost of tires: $500
Average cost of fuel for racecar: $200-$400

Assuming you don't break anything, this is what it costs for a weekend at an event that's within 250 miles of you. It will be anywhere between $1400-$2000 for every event you want to race in at minimum.

This is of course hoping you don't break anything.

I've learned in the past few months, that having driving skill and a fast car is the easy part. :\

Steve
12th June 08, 03:44 AM
I've learned in the past few months, that having driving skill and a fast car is the easy part. :\

The easy part is learning that gas is expensive.

Steve
12th June 08, 03:47 AM
O WAIT, U SAID THE OBVIOUS, ALREADY.

SuperGuido
12th June 08, 04:21 PM
Psst...your Asian-ness is showing...

Toby Christensen
2nd July 08, 12:39 AM
Sarcastro forgot to budget for where I key scratch his car, kick in his front and rear lights, urinate in his petrol tank, slash his tyres and write "SEE YOU SOON SIRC" in nailpolish that I swiped from his personal supply across his windscreen.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd July 08, 08:06 AM
i'm calling the DHA

Sirc
2nd July 08, 11:42 AM
Sarcastro forgot to budget for where I key scratch his car, kick in his front and rear lights, urinate in his petrol tank, slash his tyres and write "SEE YOU SOON SIRC" in nailpolish that I swiped from his personal supply across his windscreen.

Ha, ha.

That would involve you having to get up on a trailer to get to the car. You can't even climb stairs.

WarPhalange
2nd July 08, 01:08 PM
You need new tires every race?

Sirc
2nd July 08, 04:11 PM
You need new tires every race?

Yep.

A good set will only last about 1.5 races. If it's for competition you'll use your entire set in one go.