PDA

View Full Version : USA! USA! Corvette Z06 stomps cars that cost twice as much.

Olorin
10th June 08, 12:03 AM
I love the show Top Gear. If you have not seen it then you are really missing out. The only thing I dislike is that the show craps on any sports car that costs less than 150,000 dollars. Most people will never spend that much money on a car.

That is why I love the Corvette. Ya its not a starter car…but you can afford one at some point in your life. And guess what? It’s just as fast as a super car and costs half as much.

Anyhoo…

Here is a clip from Top Gear where they talk all kinds of shit on the Corvette but can not hide the track results.

Link (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/top-gear-corvette-z06-by-husyk/4101538394)

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
10th June 08, 12:06 AM
16mpg city

WarPhalange
10th June 08, 12:07 AM
HAI GUZ I BAUGHT A SUPER FAST CAR BUT WILL NEVER USE IT TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL

IM STILL COOL RIGHT??// MY MOM SAYS SO

Steve
10th June 08, 12:15 AM
If I wanted to drive fast on real city streets I'd enter the Champ Car race at Surfers Paradise:

lWHJ1VT9DU0

Seriously, I've been to Surfer's and they have the race directions on the roads there year round.

Sirc
10th June 08, 01:17 PM
Olorin, you suffer from not ever having actually been in a Corvette.

Essentially, sitting inside of it is almost no difference from sitting inside a Cavalier. It's got a pretty terrible interior and I haven't seen a Corvette last more than a few years before it goes to shit. The cheap interior is a huge turn off. The exterior isn't all that different either. :\

It's very fast, but for the most part, it's the car driving you rather than the other way around. This is why I like the Audi R8. It's an amazing piece of machinery and it's really the only super car that is close to being a Driver's car.

I've driven a Corvette Z06 and it's pretty fun and amazing, but it's really like having a cheap hooker. Yeah, you're getting sex, but at the cheap price, the interior falls apart quickly, quality just isn't there.

The Z06 follows the old rule of thumb: Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick two. It unfortunately picked Cheap and fast. Which is great. I love cheap and fast cars, but the quality just isn't there.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
10th June 08, 02:00 PM
my mileage is in the low 20s, I pay about 90 bucks a month in insurance despite being 18, and I drive as fast as you would in that shit anyway.

Enjoy your Corvette.

Feryk
10th June 08, 02:33 PM
I have a buddy who just bought one. Sirc's comments about the interior are incorrect - at least in his (he bought the upgrade). Far more power than will ever be necessary, but he likes it. We have a lot of well paved country roads, and the cops don't patrol them all that frequently. He's had it up over 160mph a couple of times, but even he said it's damn scary going that fast on something that isn't a track.

Sirc
11th June 08, 04:53 AM
I have a buddy who just bought one. Sirc's comments about the interior are incorrect - at least in his (he bought the upgrade). Far more power than will ever be necessary, but he likes it. We have a lot of well paved country roads, and the cops don't patrol them all that frequently. He's had it up over 160mph a couple of times, but even he said it's damn scary going that fast on something that isn't a track.

Haven't been in a new Z06 yet.

But my tastes are a little spoiled.

WarPhalange
11th June 08, 12:38 PM
All those cocks in your mouth?

Sirc
11th June 08, 01:44 PM
All those cocks in your mouth?

I said my tastes have been spoiled. Not Poop Loop's big rockin' gay adventure.

Cullion
11th June 08, 03:03 PM
That's an ugly car.

Dark Helmet
12th June 08, 05:05 PM
Has a Corvette ever won LeMans 24 hrs?Will a GM ever?I rest my case.

Yiktin Voxbane
16th June 08, 01:31 AM
I love the show Top Gear. If you have not seen it then you are really missing out. The only thing I dislike is that the show craps on any sports car that costs less than 150,000 dollars.

OH REALLY ??!?
WaWoo82zNUA

Neildo
16th June 08, 05:14 AM
also, the RX-8

RsLjhQOmwWc

Neildo
16th March 09, 12:39 AM
i've been watching this show like mad lately. i'm quite addicted to it. so addicted in fact, i've started talking like an englishman. i say things are brilliant, i'm eating bangers n mash and having a single malt scotch, neat.

so far i've downloaded seasons 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. The last episode is fantastic, i highly recommend watching it. absolutely can not wait for the next episode.

Ka-Bar
16th March 09, 01:05 AM
i've been watching this show like mad lately. i'm quite addicted to it. so addicted in fact, i've started talking like an englishman. i say things are brilliant, i'm eating bangers n mash and having a single malt scotch, neat.

so far i've downloaded seasons 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. The last episode is fantastic, i highly recommend watching it. absolutely can not wait for the next episode.

Wot's all dis den? A Corvette on Top Gear? I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

Dark Helmet
16th March 09, 06:30 AM

They actually did have nice things to say about cav- err!... I mean the Corvette. Neildo, when you said you downloaded all the episodes, you mean you saved onto your hard drive hundred's of gigabytes worth of episodes?

Neildo
16th March 09, 11:48 AM
each season is about the size of a dvd. season 12 was a little bigger. so yeah, that's about 40gb. i want the rest.

SoulMechanic
16th March 09, 04:47 PM
Speaking of, I take it the plans for an American version of Top Gear never did solidify? Damn shame.

Dark Helmet
16th March 09, 04:49 PM
Neildo, I think you would enjoy watching Clarkson's docu-medy called The Good, the bad and the ugly.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8098450185420129625&hl=en-CA

Clarkson compares American vs European cars in different challenges.

Cullion
16th March 09, 07:00 PM
Speaking of, I take it the plans for an American version of Top Gear never did solidify? Damn shame.

What's wrong with the original? you want subtitles or something?

Dark Helmet
16th March 09, 10:46 PM
I have bad news. The Dacia Sandero will not be sold in North America.

EuropIan
17th March 09, 02:12 AM
that might not end well. some things just don't survive the trip over the atlantic