PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Level editor

Doritosaurus Chex
26th May 08, 06:07 PM
Xz0PaPpmGa8

Having too much time on your hands can be awesome for the rest of us. I found this to be a nice change of pace compared to level editors where people try to make a tough level. If only I could identify all the samples in the soundtrack.

Sirc
26th May 08, 06:27 PM
This is the kind of shit that impresses me the most.

When the simplest things are turned into the most complex and beautiful.

Like vaginas. The are beautiful in their simplicity but so terrifying because of their complexity.

WarPhalange
26th May 08, 06:32 PM
The part at 6:08 from Megaman II?

WarPhalange
26th May 08, 06:42 PM
Bam. 4:08

s7MiDyPEw_k

MrBadGuy
26th May 08, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1oR8yeBh8

That has all 33 of the song reference listings on the youtube page. Some are in english, others not so much.

Doritosaurus Chex
26th May 08, 11:01 PM
That's the 2nd time I've heard the Megaman 2 Dr. Wily 1st stage music with lyrics. Kinda makes me wonder what they're saying.

Here's another set of Super Mario World level editors. This time, it has to do with perpetual motion. Someone designed these levels so you don't have to press anything.

TED_JqcRaVE

w73hMhLMBaQ

ssYzwKw_1vA

WarPhalange
27th May 08, 12:17 AM
This time, it has to do with perpetual motion. Someone designed these levels so you don't have to press anything.

Neither of those were perpetual motion.

Did they use some weird ice floor to reduce friction or something? That seems like cheating if you're not going to use the actual floors, only their properties.

Doritosaurus Chex
27th May 08, 02:09 PM
PL: You have a point with the last 2 vids. When I watched it again, it did look like the momentum was exaggerated as if Mario was sliding on ice.

The first vid on the other hand basically has Mario jumping on things after being shot out of the pipe.