PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama Wins North Carolina Primary, Indiana Too Close to Call.

Olorin
6th May 08, 06:59 PM
The numbers are still coming in but Senator Obama has won the North Carolina primary. We do not yet know how many delegates he will receive or the outcome in Indiana.

Story still unfolding.

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/Barack_Obama_Official_small.jpg

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/hillary-clintonnooo.jpg

kungfujew
6th May 08, 07:00 PM
I'm gonna go with "honkeys win Indiana for Clinton" for 500, Alex

Olorin
6th May 08, 07:10 PM
I'm gonna go with "honkeys win Indiana for Clinton" for 500, Alex

Its a daily double...

Zendetta
6th May 08, 07:14 PM
Wasn't the Klan founded in Indiana?

Jus' sayin'.

Olorin
6th May 08, 07:15 PM
Wasn't the Klan founded in Indiana?

Jus' sayin'.

Founded in Tennessee 1865-66.

jvjim
6th May 08, 07:16 PM
Nathan Forest, asshole or Reconstruction's George Wallace. Wait.....

Olorin
6th May 08, 07:23 PM
CNN Indiana Exit Polls. (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#INDEM)

CNN North Carolina Exit Polls (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/#NCDEM)

Olorin
6th May 08, 07:25 PM
CBS News Just called Indiana for Clinton....

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/medium/hillary_small.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th May 08, 07:27 PM
fuck CBS

what did a cool news program like CNN say

Olorin
6th May 08, 07:28 PM
fuck CBS

what did a cool news program like CNN say

Still to early to call...CNN

Phrost
6th May 08, 07:31 PM
Fuck CNN.

What did Al Jazeera US say?

Olorin
6th May 08, 07:32 PM
This just in...according to NBC, John McCain is at home drunk on scotch.

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/medium/mccainsmall.jpg

Olorin
6th May 08, 07:42 PM
Fuck CNN.

What did Al Jazeera US say?

They are calling NC for Obama

link (http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9C857BAA-5784-4DA5-BB2D-E9FC8DE72A53.htm)

Olorin
6th May 08, 08:02 PM
Dear god, CNN is already speculating about West Virginia....

kungfujew
6th May 08, 08:05 PM
I'm watching the panel "discussion" on CNN, and is the job of the moderator just to pretend to be stupid? I would think their job should be to call bullshit on the panelists, but maybe not. Also, Paul Begala needs to choke on a dick.

Olorin
6th May 08, 10:59 PM
51 to 49 now in Indiana. Even is Hillary pulls it out it is too close to be considered a win. She will stagger on for a few weeks, run out of money, and be forced to quit.

Game over.

kungfujew
7th May 08, 12:06 AM
Well, within three sentences of starting her victory speech, it was "on to the whitehouse!". lol.

Eric
7th May 08, 12:45 AM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2200/610xbt4.jpg
Don't they look excited.

Equipoise
7th May 08, 10:02 AM
Chelsea looks like an ex in the picture....brings back scary memories..

ICY
7th May 08, 10:48 AM
Bill looks ready to cry.

jkdbuck76
7th May 08, 11:19 AM
I live in Indiana. Hillary won because she promised to legalize crystal meth ( or as one comedian put it "crack for crackers").

I honestly thought Obama would have taken Indiana. Oh well: apparently they want someone who was for Nafta, but was also against it from the beginning.

ICY
7th May 08, 11:29 AM
I live in Indiana.

Wut?

Anyway...so...the good guys won? YAY!

jkdbuck76
7th May 08, 11:30 AM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2200/610xbt4.jpg
Don't they look excited.

Bill is just wishing it would be done and over with so he doesn't have to visit Wankerville USA smalltowns advertising for the woman that he loved so much, he even threw his baby gravy down another woman's dress.

Bill is tired. Bill wants to get back to his OWN apartment away from Hillary and all that much closer to Hooters or Coyote Ugly.

Bill won't say it, but he wished that Von Helsing would ram a stake thru his wife's heart and end it all so he can get some frikkin' sleep for a change.

lant3rn
7th May 08, 11:41 AM
Anyone find it Hilarious how fox news is going about pushing Hilary Campaign. Pun intended

jkdbuck76
7th May 08, 11:49 AM
Yeah. But the funny thing is that these two are fighting for the last scrap of delegates. I mean, when was the last time any candidate gave two shytes about Indiana? Much less Kentucky? Yep, the news here in Cincy says that both Obama and Hillary are setting up their campaign HQ's in northern Kentucky.

You know, Indiana and Kentucky are like the last two ugly chicks at the bar during last call. You know, you'd better cozzy up to both of them real quick, even though you've been ignoring the ugly chicks all night, but since you want to make your pointy-headed soldier do pushups in the hoohoo cave til he pukes, you'll do just about anything? "Yeah baby. I been looking at you all night. Seriously. Hey, let's go back to my place."

Indiana and Kentucky: The Two Ugly Girls Left At the Bar During Last Call.

Feryk
7th May 08, 12:26 PM
Don't forget Guam. They actually gave a shit about Guam this year.

jkdbuck76
8th May 08, 11:40 AM
We still own Guam?

Damn!

ironlurker
8th May 08, 03:13 PM
As if the divisions between race and gender in the Democratic Party hadn’t been further exposed through Tuesday night’s exit polls — and by a very heated exchange (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/06/live-blogging-the-indiana-north-carolina-primaries/?scp=1&sq=brazile&st=cse) on CNN between Donna Brazile and Paul Begala — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s interview (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-07-clintoninterview_N.htm) with USA Today on Wednesday is further mining those tense depths.

“I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on,” she said in the interview, citing an article by The Associated Press.
It “found how Senator Obama’s support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me.”
“There’s a pattern emerging here,” she said.
While she said her remarks weren’t meant to be divisive, they’re already whipping around the Internet. “These are the people you have to win if you’re a Democrat in sufficient numbers to actually win the election. Everybody knows that,” she said in the interview. (Hint, hint, message to the superdelegates still undeclared.)

In Indiana alone, six in 10 white voters went for Mrs. Clinton, where she narrowly won the primary.
Bill Burton, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, told the newspaper that Mr. Obama had made inroads in Tuesday’s contests. And he added that her comments “are not true and frankly disappointing.”
On Tuesday night, we mentioned the dustup between two Democratic pundits, Ms. Brazile and Mr. Begala, who engaged in a prime-time debate about the coalitions being built by Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton. Mr. Begala, a Clinton supporter, said the party could not win in November with just “eggheads and African-Americans,” that the party could not ignore white middle-class voters. Ms. Brazile, who said she was not “undecided but undeclared” when it came to her choice for a candidate, shot back that Mr. Begala’s notions were dividing the party. (And that she’d chugged down many a beer with Joe and Jane “six-pack” in an effort to woo white voters.)
We’re revisiting their spirited exchange to demonstrate how divided party loyalists are right now.
link (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/clinton-touts-white-support/)

Wow she's coming right out and saying it, hilarious What I find even more hilarious is how all the Hillary supporters can base their goals on the people they loathe - poor, uneducated, religious, rural whites with guns. Too funny.

Zendetta
8th May 08, 03:16 PM
Fuck Yeah! Pander to my Red Neck, you goddam brie-eatin' elitists!!!

Feryk
8th May 08, 03:18 PM
Obama will win the nomination. He will then go on to win the White House over McCain.

Sun Wukong
9th May 08, 11:03 AM
Feryk, I hope so.

I'd like to say that at this point, I take back anything positive I ever said about Hillary. WTF does this silly bitch think she's doing?"

She needs 86% of the remaining unawarded delegate's votes to beat Obama and that shit is fucking impossible at this point; even McCain isn't getting 86% in some republican races right now and everyone else is effectively a non-candidate.

Unless Obama pees on an american flag while sodomizing an 18 year old white girl at the next press conference.

It is very clear what she's doing here; she's intentionally hurting the democratic party on an enormous longshot and trying to lay the ground work for another run at the presidency 4 or 8 years from now.

What she's doing is supremely selfish and shows an utter disregard to party loyalty.

At this point, I'd vote for Richard Nixon over Hillary.

ICY
9th May 08, 12:12 PM
Fuck Hillary.

HappyOldGuy
9th May 08, 12:36 PM
Fuck Hillary.

Can I borrow your dick?

I don't think this is about 4 years from now. I think this is about this year. There are a couple of possible motivations.

1. Without an actual first vote winner (which Obama won't be) she can take this to the convention floor and hope to take the nomination as a part of a back room deal. This is the nightmare scenario, because win or lose the nominee is gonna come out of the convention crippled. Especially if it is Obama, because a message about hope and inclusiveness is really not compatible with an ugly brokered convention.

2. The "maybe the horse really will learn how to sing" option. She is stalling for time hoping that something happens to make Obama self destruct.

3. The VP option. She is making the strongest case she can (by threatening option 1) to get herself the second seat. I think it goes without saying that Obama doesn't want to give it to her. But she can definetely fight her way in.

4. All of the above. (my vote)

Zendetta
9th May 08, 12:58 PM
Can I borrow your dick?

Dude, I wouldn't hit that with Bill's dick.

Bill wouldn't either, apparently. Which might be part of the problem.

ironlurker
9th May 08, 01:20 PM
Can I borrow your dick?

I don't think this is about 4 years from now. I think this is about this year. There are a couple of possible motivations.

1. Without an actual first vote winner (which Obama won't be) she can take this to the convention floor and hope to take the nomination as a part of a back room deal. This is the nightmare scenario, because win or lose the nominee is gonna come out of the convention crippled. Especially if it is Obama, because a message about hope and inclusiveness is really not compatible with an ugly brokered convention.

2. The "maybe the horse really will learn how to sing" option. She is stalling for time hoping that something happens to make Obama self destruct.

3. The VP option. She is making the strongest case she can (by threatening option 1) to get herself the second seat. I think it goes without saying that Obama doesn't want to give it to her. But she can definetely fight her way in.

4. All of the above. (my vote)
I don't think she'll go for number 3. I think at this point she's praying for number 2 and I'm starting to believe she's ready for option 1, which I considered a long time ago.

Obama comes out crippled and loses- she wins "told you so".
Obama comes out crippled and wins- she can demand a major post in the Senate, let him take the hits for everything that's been simmering for the past decade +, and she can come back in four or eight years smelling like a rose.

I stand by my point from months ago that they won't go for the "social stretch" of a woman and an African-American man together on the ticket, and since even dems have admitted as much. Not going to happen, and the realization it wasn't is a large part of what has been driving this -or should I say, her.

HappyOldGuy
9th May 08, 01:27 PM
I thought that she was more interested in majority leader in the senate than she was at the VP, but apparently people close to her say she wants it.

That could be 87 sorts of political gameplaying, but it's the first time I've really heard it.

Cullion
9th May 08, 01:37 PM
If Obama gets the nomination his partner should be a gruff but wise old white guy, just like in the Blade trilogy, or Beverly Hills Cop.

mrblackmagic
9th May 08, 01:41 PM
Where do you mine this gold?

Riddeck
9th May 08, 01:47 PM
Anyone find it Hilarious how fox news is going about pushing Hilary Campaign. Pun intended

Surprises you how?

Murdoch is a huge financier in the Hilary for President game.

Of course Fox would push her.

ICY
9th May 08, 01:52 PM
Nolte wasn't old, just haggard.