30th April 08, 04:15 PM
Bootlegged, but still.

OH

MY

GOD

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-dark-knight/reel-trailer-2

kungfujew
30th April 08, 04:18 PM
Braced for rickroll, closed window for seizure-inducing lazer light show.

Mas
30th April 08, 04:46 PM
Or cut to zombie faces and screams.

avenger
30th April 08, 06:05 PM
The trailer looked cool. I like what the joker did.

But I read that the next trailer that they were going to release focused on Two Face more.

kungfujew
30th April 08, 06:34 PM
So uh... like what is the deal with that movee anyway? How are they working around the actor playing the lead bad guy pushing daisies?

RaiNnyX4
30th April 08, 07:19 PM
So uh... like what is the deal with that movee anyway? How are they working around the actor playing the lead bad guy pushing daisies?

Uh, nothing. He died after the movie was already finished.

Arhetton
1st May 08, 12:45 AM
I think in post production they are probably trying to get more scenes with the joker in for that reason.

Eric
4th May 08, 03:05 PM
New new Dark Knight Trailer (http://whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm)

avenger
4th May 08, 03:26 PM
New new Dark Knight Trailer (http://whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm)

Sweet. Isn't two face and the scarecrow going to be in this one?

socratic
4th May 08, 04:54 PM
Sweet. Isn't two face and the scarecrow going to be in this one?

I heard The Scarecrow would turn up at some point, which could make for some extra awesome scaryness if he gassed a bunch of people and the jolly Joker came along.

Wasn't Two Face supposed to be in Gotham, the sequel to this movie?

Shawarma
4th May 08, 05:06 PM
I'd like a movie with Clayface in it. For some reason, he was always my favourite Batman villain along with Killer Croc.

Odacon
4th May 08, 05:28 PM
This film looks amazing. I think they're going to with the psychotic batman villans who don't have powers. I'd love to see Zsasz appear again in this or the next one.

Stick
4th May 08, 07:18 PM
If you watch carefully in the new trailer you'll see a shot of a barrel of some sort of fluid being tipped over to pour onto the ground and begin to puddle, the next clip is of Harvey Dent's face being held down against the floor as the fluid creeps toward his flesh and he yells "No."

Yeah, there's Two-face up in this shit, and it ain't gonna be like fucking Tommy Lee Jones.

OZZ
4th May 08, 07:42 PM
Fucking wicked...
Ledger's Joker will be iconic, and his death will make it even moreso.
Nolan just has the stuff to direct this properly. He's got it down and the film will be awesome. I have no doubt of that.

Stick
4th May 08, 09:48 PM
Pulled from the new trailer. (http://i26.tinypic.com/2lm4d20.jpg)

Yeah, dat's sum 2face.

socratic
5th May 08, 04:26 AM
I learned Two Face's origin story off a more-comic-nerd-y-than-me friend the other day, and it made me really sad, since he was one of the actually really good people who ended up suffering horribly because of it.

Just like Moore's The Killing Joke makes me really sad, because in it the Joker was suffering man who was pushed way way too far. Whereas often times you saw or heard about these characters as just humanity-free evils against which the ultra-cool hero could fight, those two characters really had a serious human side that made their stories so sad and so good.

MSphinx
5th May 08, 02:17 PM
I learned Two Face's origin story off a more-comic-nerd-y-than-me friend the other day, and it made me really sad, since he was one of the actually really good people who ended up suffering horribly because of it.

Just like Moore's The Killing Joke makes me really sad, because in it the Joker was suffering man who was pushed way way too far. Whereas often times you saw or heard about these characters as just humanity-free evils against which the ultra-cool hero could fight, those two characters really had a serious human side that made their stories so sad and so good.

Those villains' origin stories make Batman more interesting, because they remind us that even the hero was driven mad by circumstance. Batman could have just as easily been a villain if you look at his background.

"You had a bad day too, once, didn't you?"

Eric
5th May 08, 09:53 PM
This is allegedly an image of Two Face, from a completely unverifiable source:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4526/dentbd3.jpg
link (http://kensingtonvictoria.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/dent.jpg)

Steve
5th May 08, 09:56 PM
Dude seriously needs to put some vitamin E on that shit.

Stick
5th May 08, 10:02 PM
This is allegedly an image of Two Face, from a completely unverifiable source:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4526/dentbd3.jpg
link (http://kensingtonvictoria.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/dent.jpg)

I'd beleive it.

That's actually pretty fucking frightening.

Eric
5th May 08, 10:06 PM
Yeah, if that's not real, it should be.

socratic
6th May 08, 03:57 AM
Those villains' origin stories make Batman more interesting, because they remind us that even the hero was driven mad by circumstance. Batman could have just as easily been a villain if you look at his background.

"You had a bad day too, once, didn't you?"

Depending on who you ask, Batman is a villain. The obvious question of course is "What kind of person violently wars against crime, much less in a funny costume?" This question and its answer are personified quite well in The Watchmen's Rorschach. Or The Punisher, or Moon Knight, etc.

I really hope they explore the Joker's origins The Killing Joke style; although, to be honest, I think the Joker could be equally iconic without any 'human' side, as I was of the impression much of his movie and comic work is like.

Shawarma
6th May 08, 02:24 PM
In my opinion, Joker = Loki. Why does he need a reason?

Doritosaurus Chex
7th May 08, 01:33 AM
Depending on who you ask, Batman is a villain.

Who are these people? Plus, I'm interested in reading works of this argument.

socratic
7th May 08, 02:50 AM
Who are these people? Plus, I'm interested in reading works of this argument.

Ever read The Dark Knight Returns? Gordon retires and Batman gets manhunt'd. Alan Moore also talks a bit about this idea in some of his interviews, especially when he talks about the Watchmen and/or Rorschach. Pretty much the entirety of the Punisher sorta explores this idea, in that there's only really two types of people in his comics, other than the crims- people who love him, and people who hate him, 'cause he kinda walks around killing people. Moon Knight is similar in this respect, 'cause of how crazy and brutal he is.

I can't name any real-world type people, or essays or something, cause I'm exaggerating how widespread the idea is, but it's something that pops up or is explored in certain series.

Doritosaurus Chex
8th May 08, 01:30 PM
Ever read The Dark Knight Returns? Gordon retires and Batman gets manhunt'd. Alan Moore also talks a bit about this idea in some of his interviews, especially when he talks about the Watchmen and/or Rorschach. Pretty much the entirety of the Punisher sorta explores this idea, in that there's only really two types of people in his comics, other than the crims- people who love him, and people who hate him, 'cause he kinda walks around killing people. Moon Knight is similar in this respect, 'cause of how crazy and brutal he is.

I can't name any real-world type people, or essays or something, cause I'm exaggerating how widespread the idea is, but it's something that pops up or is explored in certain series.

Oh yeah. I remember DKR. It's always a common scene when it comes to vigilante characters. I've never heard of someone IRL argue that Batman was a bad guy.

socratic
9th May 08, 02:45 AM
Oh yeah. I remember DKR. It's always a common scene when it comes to vigilante characters. I've never heard of someone IRL argue that Batman was a bad guy.
Well, Alan Moore talks vaguelly about vigilante comic book characters and the blurred line between their behaviour and the criminal, or at least, how their nature is far less than pristine.
qKebCtCTbCA

Of course, this is in terms of The Watchmen, but it's bleedingly obvious what he's trying to say with the character of Rorschach, and he spells it out in the interview- that a truly dedicated vigilante is ultimately a psychopath, and an incredibly dangerous one if they're superheros.

So, considering that Harvey Dent, burnt and otherwise, will be in The Dark Knight, d'you guys recon it'd be reasonable to assume he manifests the Two-Face personality in this movie, or would it be something they'd be saving for the next one, or for a cliff-hanger ending?

Steve
9th May 08, 02:53 AM
I'm thinking cliff-hanger.

socratic
9th May 08, 03:46 AM
I'm thinking cliff-hanger.

I think I'm gonna miss Heath's The Joker. I remember when Heath died there was rumours that he would be the last Joker.

Dagon Akujin
9th May 08, 04:27 PM
The Killing Joke

One of the best fucking comics ever. :fist:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/32/Killingjoke.JPG

avenger
9th May 08, 07:40 PM
One of the best fucking comics ever. :fist:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/32/Killingjoke.JPG

Just read that comic yesterday. Did the Joker die at the end, because he all of a sudden stops laughing while batman continues.

socratic
9th May 08, 09:30 PM
Just read that comic yesterday. Did the Joker die at the end, because he all of a sudden stops laughing while batman continues.

No, not as far as I can remember. Hang on... No. He gets picked up by the police and driven off. The pair of them laughing is only onomatopoeia'd into a single bunch of 'ha ha's, which is I think why you got confused.

avenger
9th May 08, 11:45 PM
No, not as far as I can remember. Hang on... No. He gets picked up by the police and driven off. The pair of them laughing is only onomatopoeia'd into a single bunch of 'ha ha's, which is I think why you got confused.

Oh i see, thanks.

socratic
10th May 08, 12:07 AM
Oh i see, thanks.
He dies in Dark Knight Returns, though. Bats breaks the Joker's neck, and although the injury isn't fatal, the Joker exacerbates it until he dies.

avenger
10th May 08, 12:09 AM
He dies in Dark Knight Returns, though. Bats breaks the Joker's neck, and although the injury isn't fatal, the Joker exacerbates it until he dies.

Another great Batman book. That I know. But I think the sequel to that sucks compared to the original.

Odacon
10th May 08, 11:09 AM
Frank Miller should not be allowed near Batman again.

avenger
10th May 08, 01:26 PM
Frank Miller should not be allowed near Batman again.

Why, because of Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Odacon
10th May 08, 02:16 PM
Why, because of Dark Knight Strikes Again.

No, because he doesn't know how to write Batman.

avenger
10th May 08, 02:42 PM
No, because he doesn't know how to write Batman.

Really, I thought that Year One and the Dark Knight were pretty good.

ironlurker
10th May 08, 03:09 PM
Anyone have an opnion on the worst Batman villian?

socratic
10th May 08, 09:25 PM
Anyone have an opnion on the worst Batman villian?

From what I've heard, Killer Croc is pretty much a huge fucking joke.

And I just can't take a bad-guy whose gimmick is he's deformed serious. I mean, c'mon. The Penguin, 'cause he has a long nose and is short and portly?

avenger
10th May 08, 09:59 PM
From what I've heard, Killer Croc is pretty much a huge fucking joke.

And I just can't take a bad-guy whose gimmick is he's deformed serious. I mean, c'mon. The Penguin, 'cause he has a long nose and is short and portly?

For me, it's the Riddler.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Riddler-carrey.jpg

Just look how they portrayed him in the movies.

Shawarma
11th May 08, 07:55 AM
I personally quite like Killer Croc, maybe because he was the villain of the first Batman comic book I read (which was also the one that introduced him, killing Jason Todd's parents and turning him into the new Robin.) I like how he's a regular gangster and doesn't really have any mad schemes for world domination and I like his look in general, or at least at first and in the animated series from the nineties. He's not supposed to look like an actual crocodile, he originally just looked like a black guy with hard, scaly skin.

The Penguin and the Mad Hatter are the dumbest Batman villains. The Joker's pretty damn ridiculous as well, but his nasty personality makes up for it. A bit like Spiderman's Green Goblin.

mrblackmagic
11th May 08, 10:47 AM
Mad Hatter. Worst schtick.

Here is the actual second trailer if you haven't seen it.
http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/The-Dark-Knight/1809271891/trailers/129

socratic
13th May 08, 05:08 AM
I personally quite like Killer Croc, maybe because he was the villain of the first Batman comic book I read (which was also the one that introduced him, killing Jason Todd's parents and turning him into the new Robin.) I like how he's a regular gangster and doesn't really have any mad schemes for world domination and I like his look in general, or at least at first and in the animated series from the nineties. He's not supposed to look like an actual crocodile, he originally just looked like a black guy with hard, scaly skin.
He killed Jason Todd's parents? Does this guy have a serious death count and or gang activities or is he just a gimmick, like I originally thought?

The Penguin and the Mad Hatter are the dumbest Batman villains. The Joker's pretty damn ridiculous as well, but his nasty personality makes up for it. A bit like Spiderman's Green Goblin.
I hadn't even heard of the Mad Hatter. Now that's just silly.

Which of the villians has caused the most mayhem? I was of the impression it was the Joker, considering just how many people he's killed and whatnot.

MSphinx
13th May 08, 06:16 AM
Maxie Zeus is the dumbest idea for a villain, ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxie_Zeus

http://eroomdn.d-korea.co.kr/00/ini_117141/199711/17.jpg

Sun Wukong
13th May 08, 09:25 AM
Worst batman character?

comics or movies?